• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

So I have 168 marks. I have just two weapons left to re-buy with marks: Red Death and Bad Juju. I don't care for either weapon but would like to have the year 2 version in my vault for whenever I get bored of using other weapons.

So DGAF, which one should I buy first?
rd

Emouse

Oh hell, Hard Mode is coming out this Friday? Well this is an awful time to try this, but I'm on my own this weekend and will have way to much time to play...so...

I'm looking to do King's Fall for the first time (Normal Mode) (PSN) (PS4), wanted to do it blind (haven't ready any strategies or anything), and was wondering if there were 5 others from GAF that had any interest in doing the same thing? Obviously we could institute some kind of contingency plan of "read a strategy after wiping the 5th time" so it's not totally stressful, but I'd still like to try and figure everything out on my/our own.

I'm sitting around 295 light, assume others would need to be around the same level (at least 288-290? I think?), and was hoping to start it up Friday, October 23rd around 8pm EST. All day Saturday is also an option. Any interest? Shoot me a PM if so and we'll see what happens.

I've still yet to run the raid so I'd be up for this, though times may be a problem as I'm GMT so like 4 hours ahead of you

So I have 168 marks. I have just two weapons left to re-buy with marks: Red Death and Bad Juju. I don't care for either weapon but would like to have the year 2 version in my vault for whenever I get bored of using other weapons.

Red Death then give it to me plz cuz it's the one gun I can't get to drop, also IB this week it was everywhere, beating out my juju almost every time

Gotta say. I've enjoyed this Iron Banner a lot despite a few things cough cough "Hammer of Sol and shadow shot glitching" cough cough. It's been a breath of fresh air not being shot by a Thorn every 3 seconds.

Still miss my bae Last Word

If it wasn't for the shadowshot glitch. I would have really enjoyed it. That and the constant hammers. After I found a decent primary i was doing much better.

Red Death, HM might through a Crota situation at us

maomaoIYP

One has health regen, one has bonus to super. I would say RD

Red Death no contest for HM. That extra health Regen could come in handy.

Recall

d1VidP8ai.jpg

bRemnC_b.jpg

GokVWZt25.jpg

I simply can't progress. 2 odd weeks now and not a single improvement.

noomi

I just hope we don't have a repeat of Crota Hard Mode, those were some dark times around here.

I'm all up for a challenge, just... a reasonable challenge.

in b4 level 50 enemies.

i havent got the shader of the "old hunger" quest, and we still miss a few calcified fragments, was thinking if the last ones could trigger a quest to upgrade to 320 the Touch of Malice

Ikkarus

Bought the IB pulse today, not had a chance to try it out yet though!

Honestly don't know if I'll ever use it, I love my Red Death too much. That Regen perk is priceless imo.

You may find yourself pleasantly surprised when you try it out. Granted the health regen is really useful but the IB PR literally has no recoil and the vendor perks are really decent.

Yes, yes mwahaha.
My awesome looking white Xbox is installing games. Install MORE!

Dont think ill purchase Destiny on it tho, seems kinda pointless but its gonna be great to take some time off Destiny and play something else ;)

Feel free to add me Xbox users whos gonna play Halo, GT is same as my GAF

I'll send you one :)

GT: KidInsomnia

Bleh, I've given up on that. Zero helmets and still missing the raid scout and sniper rifle. Even raid gear I get has terrible perks like sidearm reload gauntlets and Arc armor Titan chest pieces.
Can you beat eight warpreist clears with zero loot? Or an entire run with my Titan with only 303 gauntlets to show?

Can you beat eight warpreist clears with zero loot? Or an entire run with my Titan with only 303 gauntlets to show?

The only loot I've gotten on my Warlock after 3 runs.

306 Boots, 300 Boots, 300 Boots, and 300 Boots.

My other two classes have gotten the loot. Which I've used all of the 310 gear to infuse into my Warlock. Who I can get up to 308.

My Titan still only has the chestpiece, I ran it yesterday and got the chest again at 302 (mines 307) then 20 shards gave me the chest again at 300. Warlock is missing the Helm and Gauntlets, Hunter is missing chest and still only have one helmet above 293 light between all 3

Skele7on

Banned
titan 300 in two days.

Need a nightfall and raid.

I can safely say after 5 hours I hate the Omnigul strike.

fuck bad rolls and warlock bonds.

You may find yourself pleasantly surprised when you try it out. Granted the health regen is really useful but the IB PR literally has no recoil and the vendor perks are really decent.

Yeah it's really so dmn smooth.

I am really in awe of the IB improvements this time around. Never made it to Rank 5, EVER, in Y1. But with the Bounty changes in Y2 and a little more focus on marks in my playtime I got EVERYTHING available from Sally for my Titan as of this morning.

FUCKING
LOVE IT

Ikkarus

Yeah it's really so dmn smooth.

I am really in awe of the IB improvements this time around. Never made it to Rank 5, EVER, in Y1. But with the Bounty changes in Y2 and a little more focus on marks in my playtime I got EVERYTHING available from Sally for my Titan as of this morning.

FUCKING
LOVE IT

Ditto with Iron Banner. Despite a few broken mechanics in PvP (which I won't go in to) it was structured much better than the previous iterations of IB. Having weekly bounties made a massive difference.

All I would say for next IB is to improve the drop rate % for the items and to not dump people in to games which have you like 10k+ of points behind.

Raybunny

I would say Bad juju if you enjoyed the year one version.

Recall

I feel like I'm just not fully aware of key parts of this game, I feel I've just coasted to my 280 light and now where actually planning and knowledge is needed I'm just totally clueless.

I assume IF HM launches tomorrow that people on here are going to be grouping up to have some stressfull fun? or is everyone going to sit back and wait for footage on how too do it?
Cause i do not give a shit, i want in there.

E92 M3

Ditto with Iron Banner. Despite a few broken mechanics in PvP (which I won't go in to) it was structured much better than the previous iterations of IB. Having weekly bounties made a massive difference.

All I would say for next IB is to improve the drop rate % for the items and to not dump people in to games which have you like 10k+ of points behind.

I would say they need to give some rep to the losing team. Give people incentive to stay in matches. If I have 5 commendations and I'm getting beat down by 5,000 points pretty quickly. Why stay in?

GorillaJu

Trying to think of which map you're referencing. Sky shock? That's a big cosmodrome control map but I don't remember mountable guns (haven't played it forever). Bastion and first light have them but are on Mars and the moon, respectively.

Sky shock is horrible and first light hasn't been fun since the beta when vehicles were actually relevant. Bastion is my least disliked of those three but it's still rough. PvP is so clusterfucky that smaller is usually better (e.g. 3v3 on Burning shrine).

Bleh, I've given up on that. Zero helmets and still missing the raid scout and sniper rifle. Even raid gear I get has terrible perks like sidearm reload gauntlets and Arc armor Titan chest pieces.

I've only missed one week of reset raiding in the last year, for family reasons. It'll definitely be weird but honestly I'm happy with a little break. Shadowshot glitch got Trials canceled and even ruins normal Crucible, no interest in PvP until it's fixed. King's Fall is fun but the least replayable raid, strike playlist is super repetitive and the exclusive drops are way too rare (crappy Darkblade fusion rifle is my only one... Another fusion rifle ;_;).

By Friday I'll be well rested and maximum hyped for Heroic :p

It was Shy Shock. Holy shit that was the most miserable crucible match i've ever played.

GorillaJu

My Titan still only has the chestpiece, I ran it yesterday and got the chest again at 302 (mines 307) then 20 shards gave me the chest again at 300. Warlock is missing the Helm and Gauntlets, Hunter is missing chest and still only have one helmet above 293 light between all 3

Holy hell man, you need a hug.

AngerdX

Yah i´m also a bit late to the party, still need to do NF and raid for the first time, been a bit slow going gear wise after getting to 291, going to take a short break and then see if i can get to it. :)

Nuszka

I just hope we don't have a repeat of Crota Hard Mode, those were some dark times around here.

I'm all up for a challenge, just... a reasonable challenge.

in b4 level 50 enemies.

I honestly do not expect it to be any different , that's why I want to do 3x raid tomorrow, knowing that it'll be most likely the last time I play KF on normal will make it a bit more special. I personally don't believe not doing the normal raid tomorrow will benefit us in any way on Friday, most likely we will get the below 310 level stuff from nm mode. You know as well the main reason we do the raid on Tuesday... All those cookies.. Banter... And other shenanigans...

Had a really lucky raid run on my Warlock yesterday.

Loot drops included a Ghost (6th), Rocket Launcher (2nd), Boots (1st), Bond (1st), Shotgun (6th) and Helmet (2nd).

Too bad all the duplicates were lower light than what I already had, but still.

Also, game, you can stop giving me the shotgun now. I'm good.

You are not worthy until you can do the jumping puzzles flawlessly :p

It was Shy Shock. Holy shit that was the most miserable crucible match i've ever played.

Lol no kidding. I always called it Shitshow. At least then finally realized big maps don't work. TTK maps have plenty of their own problems but nothing like that.

ugh, need 32 more marks to buy the IB PR. Not a fan.

Have you already done today's Dailies and this week's Heroic strikes? Any weekly IB bounties left to turn in? I really liked that those gave 225 marks for across all 3 characters, iirc.

Raybunny

I feel like I'm just not fully aware of key parts of this game, I feel I've just coasted to my 280 light and now where actually planning and knowledge is needed I'm just totally clueless.

Pandawan Guardian!

You have 3 options:

Option a:

1:
At 280 you are good to do Heroic Strikes.
Out of those heroic strikes you will be dropping a lot of engrams. Blue, purples and even Exotics. ( Make sure to use a 3oC before each Ultra enemy. The psion brothers don't count.)

2:
I saw your pictures above and your titan artifact is quite horrendous.
You can get a better one decoding engrams, finishing Eris Morn quest line and get awarded a 300 and then a 310 artifact or see option b: .

Option b:
Farm CoO (court of oryx)

1:
Make sure you are using the runes. It will guarantee you a lot more loot.
You can buy the runes upon reaching rank 5 with Eris Morn, you can get runes doing CoO or killing enemies in the "dregboat"
Tier 1s and Tier 2s are good for engrams and weapons/armor in general.

2:
Tier 3 is good for a high level artifact. You can drop up to level 300 legendary artifact.

Option c:
At your level its ok to start raiding.
I do each weekend Newbie King's Fall raids and you can join whenever.

I will be out for 2 weeks ( NJ/NY here I come) and wont be able to do those but after, you will be free to join.

Outside those 3 options make sure to decode each engram individually and equip the next best level item before decoding the next one. DO NOT decode all of them at the same time unless you are level 300+

Recall

Pandawan Guardian!

You have 3 options:

Option a:

1:
At 280 you are good to do Heroic Strikes.
Out of those heroic strikes you will be dropping a lot of engrams. Blue, purples and even Exotics. ( Make sure to use a 3oC before each Ultra enemy. The psion brothers don't count.)

2:
I saw your pictures above and your titan artifact is quite horrendous.
You can get a better one decoding engrams, finishing Eris Morn quest line and get awarded a 310 artifact or see option b: .

Option b:
Farm CoO (court of oryx)

1:
Make sure you are using the runes. It will guarantee you a lot more loot.
You can buy the runes upon reaching rank 5 with Eris Morn, you can get runes doing CoO or killing enemies in the "dregboat"
Tier 1s and Tier 2s are good for engrams and weapons/armor in general.

2:
Tier 3 is good for a high level artifact. You can drop up to level 300 legendary artifact.

Option c:

At your level its ok to start raiding.
I do each weekend Newbie King's Fall raids and you can join whenever.

I will be out for 2 weeks ( NJ/NY here I come) and wont be able to do those but after, you will be free to join.

Outside those 3 options make sure to decode each engram individually and equip the next best level item before decoding the next one. DO NOT decode all of them at the same time unless you are level 300+

I totally appreciate the time you took to type that and thank you :) yes my artifact is awful and something that is totally holding me back.

I haven't finished the Taken King story content, I'm on that final mission and then I think CoO opens up right?

noomi

I honestly do not expect it to be any different , that's why I want to do 3x raid tomorrow, knowing that it'll be most likely the last time I play KF on normal will make it a bit more special. I personally don't believe not doing the normal raid tomorrow will benefit us in any way on Friday, most likely we will get the below 310 level stuff from nm mode. You know as well the main reason we do the raid on Tuesday... All those cookies.. Banter... And other shenanigans...

Yeah I'm down for it tomorrow as well, depends on what the rest of the group wants to do. It seemed like there were mixed responses about it last night when talking about it.

For Friday, I am totally down. I'll be home at around 3:15PM and then good to go for however long it takes.... or however long my body allows me to stay awake :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom