• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EL CUCO

Farmed Omnigul for about 3hrs last night with rc213 and RedFury.

I had the Grasp of Malok drop twice with meh rolls. The better one being Secret Round, Braced Frame, Grenadier (yaaawn)

rc also had one drop. Dont think RedFury ever got his, tho. The amount of blue fodder you get from there is crazy.

2 damn fragments left for my 2nd touch of malice but i'm not sure the ones i'm missing.

I know i dont hv one for the sunless cell nightfall, so that leaves t3 court (the other 2 not mini crota), raid (i think i got these) and some t2 combination...
The Sunless Cell nightfall doesn't have it's own fragment (the strike itself does, at the halfway point) but you also got the nightfall specific one if you completed Shield Brothers. It's for doing nightfalls on the Dreadnaught, I believe.

Can you use 3 of Coins in the Vanguard Legacy Strike Playlist or are the bosses not considered Ultras at such a low level?

Looking for some more variety as far as strikes and exotic farming goes.

"Loot drops is the primary way players to acquire Iron Banner loot." Bulllllllllllllshit. Why even say this when it clearly not true, even by their own emission. If you have to be rank 5 to get rank 5 drops, then guess what, drops are not the primary means. Even now on the last day where most ppl are probably high ranked, I have seen zero drops for other players too.
It was an emission, all right.

Skele7on

Banned
Can you use 3 of Coins in the Vanguard Legacy Strike Playlist or are the bosses not considered Ultras at such a low level?

Looking for some more variety as far as strikes and exotic farming goes.

I have not tried but they're named ultra's so I can't see why it wouldn't work.

pop a few give it a try. FOR SCIENCE!

Bradach

I got a legendary HC called Bryonic Hero. (Danger close / mulligan).

I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Whats the general consensus on this HC, Should I be excited?

LiK

I had the Grasp of Malok drop twice with meh rolls. The better one being Secret Round, Braced Frame, Grenadier (yaaawn)

rc also had one drop. Dont think RedFury ever got his, tho. The amount of blue fodder you get from there is crazy.

are you farming for a specific gun? cuz I know Omnigul isn't considered an Ultra.

Deku Tree

Were you killing her in the hallway and then wiping? But that 3hrs and no Grasp... IDK... I feel bad for RedFury... I got a cloak of Tanniks playing normally today.

Farming Omnigul sounds to me like hell on earth TBH

What's funny is that for the first time ever, I do not care about legendary engrams - they are completely useless to me. It seems like each class has 2 designs for their armor and that's it.

I can't be alone on this.

Before (pre ttk) a legendary engram turned into an exotic, about 10%-15% of the time. Now, it's like 1%.

And yea, not many variations of legendary gear or weapons.

Also, 90% of my heavy weapons turn into Diluvian. I don't need any more of those!

Skele7on

Banned
Were you killing her in the hallway and then wiping? But that 3hrs and no Grasp... IDK... I feel bad for RedFury... I got a cloak of Tanniks playing normally today.

it's the screams man, after 3-4 hours it really starts getting to you.

I have had two drop both awful so have been infusing to IB pulse.

Hallway is the only way, use the shadowshot glitch + two hammer whores too and you can constantly kill her in about a minute.

shermas

Titan and Hunter both at IB 5 now. Warlock at 2... need to get him up to 4 for some boots.

After that, I'm DONE with PvP for a while. Playing all this control with randoms and running into teams is exhausting sometimes.

I saw this quite a bit when playing with randoms. apparently the medallions mean jackshit now.

well, if i have 5 medallions already and the other team has a big lead, might as well boot to orbit and get into a new game, there is nothing to be gained from finishing a losing match.

There is an Exotic Sword in this game. So good that even Luke Smith calls it Gjalla-sword. AN EXOTIC SWORD! Can you believe that!? How awesome! And I don't even have to worship RNG for it. It is in my quest log. I am guaranteed to get it.

It's been 4 weeks now I can't be bothered with it. Why? Because the quest is filled with the worst, most tedious stuff. 10 super-rare mats, a bazillon ability kills. And that's after the 25 sword kills in Crucible, one that is ruining Crucible, especially rumble as everyone runs around with sword hilts.

Think about that. An awesome exotic and I'm not interested in getting it. What a design failure.

Sad.

"Loot drops are the primary way for players to acquire Iron Banner loot." Bulllllllllllllshit. Why even say this when it clearly not true, even by their own admission. If you have to be rank 5 to get rank 5 drops, then guess what, drops are not the primary means. Even now on the last day where most ppl are probably high ranked, I have seen zero drops for other players too.

Something is clearly not true just because you didn't experience it? Myself and many others managed to receive a fair portion of Iron Banner items from the end of matches. Bungie clearly stated if you don't get what you want you can buy it from Lord Saladbar.

PuMa

There is an Exotic Sword in this game. So good that even Luke Smith calls it Gjallasword. AN EXOTIC SWORD! And I don't even have to worship RNG for it. It is in my quest log. I am guaranteed to get it.

It's been 4 weeks now I can't be bothered with it. Why? Because the quest is filled with the worst, most tedious stuff. 10 super-rare mats, a bazillon ability kills. And that's after the 25 sword kills in Crucible, one that is ruining Crucible, especially rumble as everyone runs around with sword hilts.

Think about that. An awesome exotic and I'm not interested in getting it. What a design failure.

Sad.

I'm in the same boat.

Recall

Just did some PVP and got a legendary artifact, lol. 2 weeks and within 3 PVP matches I get a huge upgrade. Now 283 light, yay

Skele7on

Banned
There is an Exotic Sword in this game. So good that even Luke Smith calls it Gjallasword. AN EXOTIC SWORD! And I don't even have to worship RNG for it. It is in my quest log. I am guaranteed to get it.

Sad.

you know you can still farm materials like you used to be able to chests...

sajj316

I got a legendary HC called Bryonic Hero. (Danger close / mulligan).

I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Whats the general consensus on this HC, Should I be excited?

The only handgun worth a consideration now is The Vanity. It's a Future War Cult vendor HC with very good perks. Luck in the Chamber and Firefly. That gun you got is good but you could get better. HCs in the game have the range nerf.

RedFury

It wasn't to bad once you got the cycle down, she goes down quick if she doesn't glitch out. A bit disheartened didn't get the drop...i know what I'll be doing today.

There is an Exotic Sword in this game. So good that even Luke Smith calls it Gjalla-sword. AN EXOTIC SWORD! Can you believe that!? How awesome! And I don't even have to worship RNG for it. It is in my quest log. I am guaranteed to get it.

Sad.
I completed the ability kills in four or five matches of mayhem rumble and farmed the materials in less than two hours total. In fact, I completed two of those quests this weekend (void and arc, both on my hunter.)

Cruxist

Sad.

It's totally worth it though. The special mat farming is the absolute worst, but you really should do it. Plus, there's Aquila way to get ability kills. One enterprising redditor discovered that while holding the husk artifact, all of your melees count as ability kills. So go load up normal Lost to Light and go to town!

Bradach

The only handgun worth a consideration now is The Vanity. It's a Future War Cult vendor HC with very good perks. Luck in the Chamber and Firefly. That gun you got is good but you could get better. HCs in the game have the range nerf.

Thanks Saj, I'll work on getting my hands on that one!

shermas

Sad.

Why don't you spend 30 minutes a day grinding for it? The swords are awesome.

The materials grind and abilities kill, you could actually do as part of patrol/bounties/whatever... it would take even longer, but you could just incorporate that bit into your 'normal' PvE gameplay. You don't have to knock it out in one play session.

Something is clearly not true just because you didn't experience it? Myself and many others managed to receive a fair portion of Iron Banner items from the end of matches. Bungie clearly stated if you don't get what you want you can buy it from Lord Saladbar.

I guess we have a different interpretation of, "primary means". If Bungie said the primary means to acquiring loot in strike playlists is drops, and I played that game mode for an entire week, and only received a duplicate item that I bought in the shop already, once. And can count on one hand the amount of times I have seen teammates get legendary drops. I would not call the "primary means." I would say that easily getting to Rank 5 and buying the 90 mark items is the primary means, just like last time.

Klyka

Banned

Sad.

I had it done in 2 hours and then got the sword delivered 2 days later.

*shrug*

The Sunless Cell nightfall doesn't have it's own fragment (the strike itself does, at the halfway point) but you also got the nightfall specific one if you completed Shield Brothers. It's for doing nightfalls on the Dreadnaught, I believe.

Oh, really? Interesting. If thats the case i probably have it as i think i already did shield brothers with all 3. That leaves t3 and t2 most likely. I'll do t2 tonight. T3 tomorrow.

Deku Tree

I would lol if Bungie nerfs Grasp of Malok just like they nerfed Hopsotch Pilgrim. They did it before for exactly the same reason. Best weapons should come from end game activities not endless farming.

Daemul

So what's everyone's plan for HM? Not run NM on your main this week for the double HM drops? Seems like KF drops are more like VoG, which, when you ran HM first time in the week, granted a double HM roll if you didn't do NM. Which might be really beneficial come friday if you luck out with RNG during your run. (get more chances at some solid 310+ rolls)

I'm not sure, HM could be a massive pain in the ass that takes most of us all weekend to beat, so not running it on NM could turn out to be a mistake.

To be on the safe side I would say run NM on your alts and leave your main for HM, just in case your stuck trying to beat it for days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom