• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

I honestly think there's gonna be a slight range nerf to them. I don't want to see it happen but I've heard some big voices kinda asking for it.

Bungie would have a problem if they would listen to just big voices. Changes should be supported by numerical data first and then community (meaning everyone) feedback.

The best advice I got for PVP this week was from a friend who is nearly always first place in any match we play together. If he's not getting 25+ kills and first place it is a rare thing. He told me to find the best range for the gun that works best for you and always strive to engage at that range. If someone is shooting you at a non-preferred range then disengage (he also said he always tries to have an obstacle or escape route, which requires map awareness).

I took that to heart this week with Red Death and it definitely improved my game. I'm interested to see and compare Nirwen's Mercy which I bought last night but haven't upgraded yet. (weapon parts are scarce! ).

This EXACTLY. I have become a much better player in 2.0 because of this mentality.

I understand everyone wants to have that edge when it comes to PvP, but I personally think we are moving to a new meta where anything and everything can kill you in the right hands. I hope every Trials match I play is this. I loved it in Year 1, but it got stale with the holy trinity of primary guns.

My Hawksaw has Hammer Forced, Perfect Balance, and Speed Reload. It chews through folks. Three bursts but they come out so fast. Not quite as good as rifled barrel but it is pretty nice.

Probably my biggest shortcoming in Crucible. I constantly engage in fights that are losing propositions from the get go. I also don't know all the lines on some of the maps so I end up squeezed somewhere.

Yes. The RoF is why I love it. It reminds me of the Hopscotch and is easier to engage with in close fights. I am a shotgun player so this helps me when I am close, but not close enough for that shotgun kill.

MikeyMike

I actually think the new Light system is much more complicated than the old system. And just as punitive. Allow me to explain.

Why it's more complicated. Before you only had to know your level, the enemies level & your weapon. Now you need to know:

1. Your Character's Level
2. Your Character's Light Level
3. Your Weapon's Attack Value
4. The Enemy's Level (Nightfall & Normal raid are 42)
5. The Enemy's Light Level.​

They added two more variables by making Light a variable rather than just a score.

And remember how fighting Crota or Skolas one level down resulted in a massive 33% damage penalty? Well, if you're like me and keep getting 300 raid drops, what does that mean for when I try Hard raid? Someone took the time to figure out the damage penalties from being under-light:
This also means that players who go into the upcoming King's Fall hard mode at 300 light (the lowest recommended) will have a massive 42.5% damage penalty at the 320 sections​
More here. Even being 10 light down facing a Hard Oryx is a 28.5% penalty.

Welcome to Year 2.

The loot system hasn't improved much since vanilla. I cleared KF 4 times with my hunter and warlock (8 times total) and only got 2 pieces of armor for each character (302 boots and 309 cloak for Hunter and 307 chest and 307 band for warlock).

I'm crossing my fingers to get some luck before friday or hard mode will have to wait a few more weeks.

Those that bought the vendor Nirwen's Mercy, do you run Perfect Balance or Braced Frame? Braced Frame seems to move the stability stat higher, but is there hidden recoil control with Perfect Balance?

Do we even know if hard mode raid weapons will drop with an elemental burn? Has anything been datamined yet?
Datamining has shown no element on hard mode or Trials adept weapons. They're both black and drop at higher attack values.

https://www.bungie.net/en/armory/Detail?type=item&item=48423573&itemname=Reflection Sum (Adept)

http://www.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Harrowed_Smite_of_Merain

Interesting that the adept trials weapons are showing two fixed perks and one random, so three total. That's cool.

Raybunny

KjEO49.gif

IB vs Lnkn52

Such awesomeness in one gif.

lt519

The whole problem is just nerfing weapon classes without re-balancing everything. If you nerf Pulse Rifles everyone will just run around with Scout Rifles like Hung Jury and Not Like the Others and you have a whole separate problem on your hands. Pulse Rifles are seemingly the go to choice of weapon but I see plenty of ARs and SRs.

As far as HM goes, if they just throw shields on everything, I'll play enough to do HM exactly once and won't ever play it again. I'm doubtful they can implement any cool new mechanics since the fights are already so narrow as is. Beyond no revives and maybe some essence juggling type thing or longer gaze debuffs, I don't see HM as going to be very fun. I'm ready for HM Crota levels of meltdowns in here.

PuMa

Those that bought the vendor Nirwen's Mercy, do you run Perfect Balance or Braced Frame? Braced Frame seems to move the stability stat higher, but is there hidden recoil control with Perfect Balance?

I posted about this last page actually.

PERFECT BALANCE by a long shot. Statistically, you'll show higher stability with Braced frame, as you say, but the gun definitely fires straighter with PB. I tested this against braced frame, but also against another Nirwen's I had drop with smallbore, which gets the stability even higher. PB felt the best versus all of the other options.

E92 M3

Hmm, why thankfully e92? Tell me your story bruh.

I see, hopefully they at least look a bit different though.

Well, because now I can use any primary without feeling like I am compromising. If they release primaries with elements then only those will be used, just like Year 1.

I am so glad there won't be burns on primary raid weapons. It immediately limits your ideal weapons load outs. Bungie should keep making unique perks for high level legendary weapons. Kind of "baby exotics" I think that is much more cool and leads to more build variety than, "use this weapon because it has arc damage." Elemental damage should be the roll of your special and heavy weapons as well as your subclass load out. Especially now that every class has all three elemental types.

I posted about this last page actually.

PERFECT BALANCE by a long shot. Statistically, you'll show higher stability with Braced frame, as you say, but the gun definitely fires straighter with PB. I tested this against braced frame, but also against another Nirwen's I had drop with smallbore, which gets the stability even higher. PB felt the best versus all of the other options.

Thanks!

Vinter

Man, the drop rates for helmets above 290 is jokes. Everything else drops above but helmets stay at 265-275. Am I supposed to use a exotic helmet to get to 300 or what?

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand why leveling subclasses is so slow. I feel like I must be doing it wrong or it's broken or something. One subclass seems to be well over 100 strikes. Daily bounties hardly make a dent. It honestly feels broken. I was going to level a defender Titan but I give up. Grinding it out is horrible and doing a little at a time will take actual weeks. Am I missing something obvious here?

Daemul

There's one enemy type which I'm expecting to see lots of in HM since it didn't appear at all in NM, by design no doubt, Taken Captains, expect lots and lots of Major Taken Captains, and lots and lots of tears from players to stem from their inclusion.

I go back and forth on it. The RoF is not as good as the Hopscotch. If I am going to use a PR with the same RoF as Nirwen's why wouldn't I choose the Red Death and get the Health Regen?

My Hawksaw has max stability. The first two shots are dead center and the third goes just a hair to the left. It also fires much faster and allows me to play a faster game with the Chaperone. I don't like Nirwen's for close quarters engagements. The same way I feel about the Red Death. The Hawksaw suits that style better for me.

I don't think 2.0 is all about a few amazing specific weapons. It really feels like what weapons work for you + range

Edit: I also have full auto and rifled barrel on my Hawksaw so my range out preforms Red Death, Nirwens, and even the Grasp.

hopscotch pilgrim is the same rof as mirwen;s and red death.

red death has horrible stability compared to a legendary types with braced frame. the health regen perk doesn't make up for it, imo. hopscoth/mirwen/allfate with maxed stability can just pepper headshots without having to aim low. getting quick kills with red death at any kind of range takes a lot longer.

Kyoufu

There's one enemy type which I'm expecting to see lots of in HM since it didn't appear at all in NM, by design no doubt, Taken Captains, expect lots and lots of Major Taken Captains, and lots and lots of tears from players to stem from their inclusion.

They should put them in the Shade phase of Oryx.

I don't understand why leveling subclasses is so slow. I feel like I must be doing it wrong or it's broken or something. One subclass seems to be well over 100 strikes. Daily bounties hardly make a dent. It honestly feels broken. I was going to level a defender Titan but I give up. Grinding it out is horrible and doing a little at a time will take actual weeks. Am I missing something obvious here?

So they can sell a real money item that will auto level you.

Fucking kill me now.

Is it just me, or should the "level" just be taken out completely?

They really are fucking useless.

"but gear requires the level limit" take it away, aside from me making a level 300+character instantly what does it matter? what does it actually affect?

That said take away the damn lvel next to someones name, no one cares.. either put light level or grimoire.. what ever, fuck it off.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Trials and hard Raid weapons will have an element. Count on it. If they don't, nobody will play it.

Elemental primaries have always been *vastly* overrated in Destiny. Outside of Nightfall, it's just never really been an issue or a great benefit. The few enemies that you do come across with a shield can just be handled with a secondary/heavy.

Anyway, I hope hard mode has some good weapons to go for. I somehow doubt it, which means it's really not worth running more than once since your Light level doesn't really matter much anywhere else in the game.

Trials and hard Raid weapons will have an element. Count on it. If they don't, nobody will play it.

I think what would be cooler (but would NEVER happen) is if they come up with some elemental damage infusion item of sorts. One for each category of weapon (primary/special/heavy) and each elemental burn (solar/arc/void) that would be a ultra rare, one time use consumable infusion that would turn a weapon of your choice (given the category matches the weapon you want to change) into one that deals elemental damage.

If those were a hard mode drop... id play the shit out of it! lol Elemental crab weapons... i cant stomach and they'd be infusion fodder just like the current ones are.

matmanx1

hopscotch pilgrim is the same rof as mirwen;s and red death.

red death has horrible stability compared to a legendary types with braced frame. the health regen perk doesn't make up for it, imo. hopscoth/mirwen/allfate with maxed stability can just pepper headshots without having to aim low. getting quick kills with red death at any kind of range takes a lot longer.

Have you tried Field choke? I feel like that barrel option made the difference for me in consistently landing head shots. It may not have the statistical stability of some of the other guns but with Field Choke it feels smooth and easy to land precision hits.

Lothars

Agreed, There's little reason to play either than, It's a huge mistake if they don't have elements.

I think what would be cooler (but would NEVER happen) is if they come up with some elemental damage infusion item of sorts. One for each category of weapon (primary/special/heavy) and each elemental burn (solar/arc/void) that would be a ultra rare, one time use consumable infusion that would turn a weapon of your choice (given the category matches the weapon you want to change) into one that deals elemental damage.

If those were a hard mode drop... id play the shit out of it! lol Elemental crab weapons... i cant stomach and they'd be infusion fodder just like the current ones are.
That would be a good idea, I really miss the elemental burns on primaries.

Arrrammis

Anyone playing IB today? I don't need the levels, but it's still pretty fun running with Gaffers (until we face those randoms using the bow glitch... F*** those guys.)

flkraven

One of two things will happen:

1) Elemental primaries are a thing of the past, except for exotics.

or 2

2) An infusion item will show up that will allow you add elemental damage to any infusible primary

If elemental legendary primaries start showing up again, then all of the end game content needs to be balanced around it. As much as I loved my fatebringer or vision, it got a little boring using only using those weapons when Nightfalls/PoE had burns, etc. I think Bungie agrees, and wants to keep homogenization to a minimum. So either no guns get burns, or all guns get burns.

Homeboyd

Couple of things I'd like to see added to ole Destino to shake things up a bit:

Raid Vendor
The raid vendor will store blueprints of raid weapons and gear earned across your account through all raids in Destiny. You can dismantle any of your favorite raid guns and gear and retrieve them at any time for a cost TBD. The raid vendor will also offer the following buffs that can be purchased at any time, once per week, per account:

- Buff that allows you to replay any raid and earn loot at each boss again for a character that's already completed the raid for that week
- Buff that allows for a double drop from a single boss' loot pool
- Armor buff or Weapon buff; 2 separate buffs that will increase your chances of either an armor piece or a weapon will drop from a boss' loot pool while active

I also personally wouldn't mind if the Raid Vendor also offered 1 armor piece or 1 weapon piece for sale, purchasable only by using a consumable earned in the raid (similar to Variks). Maybe at 305 light vs the cap. Gear would only be offered from the latest raid (no VoG or CE items).

I've thought about "Raid Challenges/Bounties" but this probably wouldn't be a good idea. Similar to how most PvP bounties are a bad idea in general.

Legendary Challenges
Legendary Challenges encourage players to experience the PvE game in ways they're not typically used to in Destiny's activities. Encouraging more difficult playstyles to test a player's ability to overcome scenarios they have grown accustomed to conquering with relative ease in the past.

The Bounty Tracker will offer 3 each week, each of which offers you a selection of rewards upon completion. Finishing all 3 in a given week guarantees a random exotic drop, 290-310 light. Limited to 1 completion per account.

3 of the following selected at random each week:

- Complete a weekly heroic strike without firing a special weapon
- Complete the Nightfall strike in 18 minutes or less
- Finish a daily heroic mission with at least 100 kills, 0 deaths
- Complete a level 40+ strike without using any subclass abilities to damage/kill any enemies (aka no melees while charged, no grenades, no supers)
- Complete any strike from the Director's menu, solo, while being at least 15 light below the recommended level throughout the entire activity
- Finish a level 36+ strike with a fireteam where the only damage dealt to the final boss is dealt by using supers only
- Complete the daily mission, solo, by using only your primary weapon and abilities to damage/kill enemies
- Complete a Nightfall strike with a fireteam consisting only of matching elemental weapons and subclass abilities (all guns and subclasses must be only void, solar or arc) - kinetic excluded

*Rewards: Selection of 3 "quality" drops including one of the following:

- RNG Legendary Weapon or Armor Piece
- 15 Pack of Coins
- Glimmer package worth 10k (like amethyst)
- Legendary Mark Package worth 15 marks
- Materials Package (150 weapon parts, 150 relic iron, 150 armor parts, etc)

Would use the same reward screen as this, but include the options above, selected at random:

LTWood12

Elemental primaries have always been *vastly* overrated in Destiny. Outside of Nightfall, it's just never really been an issue or a great benefit. The few enemies that you do come across with a shield can just be handled with a secondary/heavy.

Anyway, I hope hard mode has some good weapons to go for. I somehow doubt it, which means it's really not worth running more than once since your Light level doesn't really matter much anywhere else in the game.

Unless Bungie's trolling dataminers, we know that they're just the same weapons w/ black paint and higher attack values.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
We can agree to disagree but It would really make the Hard Raid fairly useless to run if they don't have elements.

What the heck do you miss elemental primaries for? There are so few shielded enemies in the game, and those that are there are almost always better handled by a special/heavy weapon.

lt519

So for HM how do we expect drops to work? Will there be double drops for Hard Mode if you've skipped NM? Should we do a NM raid this week after reset to try one last shot at leveling up before HM?

SkylineRKR

Braced Frame. I didn't try PB yet but on Hopscotch there was always some recoil at anything lower than 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom