• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can choose the director version and get it, yes.
This has absolutely not been confirmed and everything points to the exact opposite. You run a huge risk of wasting a lot of time pointless farming if you attempt to get the mantles in the director version of Dust Palace as opposed to its updated playlist counterparts. Loot doesn't even drop directly from the Flayers in the lvl20 version, which is the method all strike exclusive gear is rewarded.

I got my taniks cloak like this! I did it twice. Everything else has come from Heroics for me. Including the Void Flayer Mantle.
Shadow Thief is a lvl36 DLC strike.

E92 M3

Stories like these seem to always end up with:
"And then I deleted my Legendary sword how can I get it back."

So don't do that.

Somehow, my sword became unlocked (a lot of items did back when ttk launched) and now I am forever fucked from the Void sword. I don't want to redo a whole character. At least with RNG I had a chance to regain an exotic, but now am I fucked. Please help :)

Psion mantles are only in the playlists right? Not the director?

Per Planet Destiny (scroll to the bottom), yes the strike-specific rewards can be obtained via the director version. No one has any clue re: drop rates for each version: director vs. level 36 vs. Heroic. But I gotta figure it's gotta balance out in favor the director since you can run that over and over and don't have to do other strikes.

So I need a pulse rifle for PvP that doesn't take an exotic slot and isn't hawksaw, is the vendor FWC one good enough to waste marks on? Hand cannons are just shit now :(

Here are some posts discussing the Vendor Pulses. Consensus seems to be that they're solid, but they won't be able to compete with Red Death.

deoee

Hi!

EhazInw.jpg

I feel like we're talking at cross purposes a bit. It'll probably be tricky if you haven't run KF yet since I'm drawing a lot of comparisons there. Anyway, thanks for chatting about this stuff. It's my favorite thing to discuss so I always appreciate a good dialogue!

Definitely have a slightly different focus between our points. lol That's fine though as any discussion without hyperbole is good discussion in my book.

You've already done the precision kill part of the quest?

No, that's this week, last week I hit 5 and did the first part. This week I will do the next step, so next Wens I should have it if I am not mistaken???

I'm not too excited about it to be honest. All the HC have felt off. The only one I am consistent with is the Hawkmoon. That's because I just aim for the chest and cut it loose.

Edit: Is their more after the second armsday reset?

I want that bow

I hope the text in "the chat" display in the bottom left will change. If all of them say "JohnOfMars dances" when I'm actually bowing, scheming or congratulating then that would be disappointing.

Otherwise the emotes look good. And like actual emotes, not just dances. I'll be picking some up for sure.

noomi

hah, some of those emotes are funny though.

I like the come at me bruh and the cowering emote. Good stuff to taunt your enemies with muahahhaa

Daemul

Seeing people excited for the IB is hilarious, I'm already setting up my arm chair and popcorn in preparation of the rage that will fill the thread when the IB lag makes it's glorious return.

border

Is Iron Banner still going to be Control-only? I haven't done IB since December.

I would really like it if they switched over to Zone Control. Or at least switched it up occaisionally.

I'm under the impression that strike items do not drop straight from the director version.

Where is da proof, show me da proof!

No proof but I got the Taniks cloak from the director version. Also Treads Upon Stars Scout and the AR that you get with the Taniks strike. For the Taniks cloak + gun it took me (right about) 9 times. The third time I got the gun from Taniks and the last time I got the cloak.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Seeing people excited for the IB is hilarious, I'm already setting up my arm chair and popcorn in preparation of the rage that will fill the thread when the IB lag makes it's glorious return.

Salt that popcorn real good.

Fuck crucible.
Join game, as soon as i load in it get Mercy'd.

wtf...

Per Planet Destiny (scroll to the bottom), yes the strike-specific rewards can be obtained via the director version. No one has any clue re: drop rates for each version: director vs. level 36 vs. Heroic. But I gotta figure it's gotta balance out in favor the director since you can run that over and over and don't have to do other strikes.

That site is down, Epyon. The problem I've noticed is that a lot of people assume, as I initially did, that because some strike exclusive gear drops in the director all of them do. The Dust Palace is a fairly unique case, though. It's an old strike that can still match you with vanilla players and the loot reward method is not the same as the vanguard and heroic versions of the mission.

It's fairly easy to find people who've gotten Taniks and other gear from the director version of their respective strikes (I've gotten three!). If it were possible to get the Mantles in the lvl20 strike I think we would encounter more people who would likewise chime in and confirm. Of all the players I've messaged in the Tower over the past two weeks (yes, I message every Mantle wearer...), all of them got it in the heroic/vanguard strikes. This is consistent with the drops for GAFfers as well, yeah?

Until there's actual proof it can drop in the vanilla strike I wouldn't suggest flayer farmers waste their time.

Tovarisc

Come at me emote while inside of a bubble would be amazing... if they don't have a way to destroy it from range.

/Titan casts bubble as sees Warlock coming

"Come at...", he starts to emote

/Warlock casts nova bomb

"... oh fu...", muttered titan before turning into energy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom