• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BokehKing

Banned
There is no better feeling then joining an iron banner team late when they are losing and feeling like you made the difference because made this incredible come from behind victory and just shy of coming in first place on their team by one kill

All while only being 283 and everyone else is 290 and up

God bless the bad juju

Bogeypop

lEDAqFZ.png

crazy ass time to be alive, i'll tell you that much.

I was wondering why people were going crazy over Star Wars today. Haven't been keeping up with the movie, so I thought it premiered today.

spyder_ur

Dec. 18th, Friday the weekend before Christmas. it will set numerous records

Yeah, I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan but this seems insane. I don't really get the rush to buy tickets to be honest for a movie 2 months out. They'll add more screens and tickets. But out of curiosity I went to the ticket sites and they appear to all be down or very very slow.

And it's pretty crazy considering the most recent trilogy was poorly received, right? I do remember having a good enough time at the most recent movie.

Bogeypop

Dec. 18th, Friday the weekend before Christmas. it will set numerous records

Yeah I looked it up after I saw all the trailer hype. I'm a Star Wars fan, but I'd rather not get caught up in the "hype" and later be disappointed. I'll go watch it with zero expectations when it premieres, and hopefully be blown away.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan but this seems insane. I don't really get the rush to buy tickets to be honest for a movie 2 months out. They'll add more screens and tickets. But out of curiosity I went to the ticket sites and they appear to all be down or very very slow.

And it's pretty crazy considering the most recent trilogy was poorly received, right? I do remember having a good enough time at the most recent movie.
hehe
9DCliiO.png

T3HqMz4.png

0XELcEy.png

The third one was much better received across the board than the other two, for sure. But on the whole the Prequel Trilogy is considered to be sort of laughably inferior to the Original, and much of the blame is pasted on George Lucas, who (unlike during the filming of the Original Trilogy) had absolute creative control of the prequels in every area of production.

The general audience hype is huge and would be no regardless of any other factors... it's Star Wars, it would sell tickets like wildfire no matter what. All of the prequels were financially successful. But the hype is becoming so permeating across the internet because for people who care, it is an incredible relief that you can see so very many names on this page before you encounter the words "George Lucas". Hell, I dunno if you happen to have seen the hilarious RedLetterMedia reviews of the prequels, but he literally name-drops J.J. Abrams as the guy who should direct new Star Wars movies.

Basically all the pieces are in place for actual success, beyond ticket sales
as well as abject, soul-crushing disappointment of course
Yeah I looked it up after I saw all the trailer hype. I'm a Star Wars fan, but I'd rather not get caught up in the "hype" and later be disappointed. I'll go watch it with zero expectations when it premieres, and hopefully be blown away.
Trying my best not to get my hopes up as well, haha

Kyne

I see people complain about this but if it was any more than everyone would have every item.

I assume you're referring to the ships... because everyone already has every item.

During a normal control match I was in earlier 80% of the population was using the IB pulse rifle.

Playing 100 matches for a single drop is a little harsh. The % should multiply based on what place you came in the match.

1. 25%
2. 20%
3. 15%
4. 10%
5. 5%
6. 2%

well drop rates are about 1% for IB items...

so..

I got the Grasp of Malock tonight in less than 30 minutes. I grinded IB all week and had to buy half the gear on my toons and never even saw the ship drop. Playing will be the main source of loot my bum! How many matches of trials will I need to play to get something?

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Kinda hard to get best overall score when my teammates are titans going ham on the whole enemy team iver and over again. :(

Kyne

I'm not sure how they are going to balance things out.

Now everyone who farms HM will have an immediate advantage in Trials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom