• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I dont have much experience with f2p or subscription games. So whats the worst that could happend if they turn f2p ?

Worst case scenario is that they (i) put everything good behind a paywall, e.g., you want that awesome exotic gun? $5, or, worse yet, $5 gets you a CHANCE at getting that good gun (HELLO MOBILE F2P) and (ii) they make it pay to win, so that those who pay real money get a significant advantage over those who don't pay.

noomi

Why is there discussion about f2p all of a sudden?

This thread is pretty weird lately...

What's a better heavy to buy with marks this week: Thunderlord or Truth?

Speaking primarily for PvP.

I'll likely wait until Friday first just to make sure Xur isn't selling one of those though.

Truth for Trials, Thunderlord for everything else.

Both great weapons.

Geist-

I'll likely wait until Friday first just to make sure Xur isn't selling one of those though.

I used Truth during Iron Banner all week and it is incredibly useful. Don't have Thunderlord, but Truth gets my vote, it's just impossible to dodge when you lock on to a target.

Truth best RL in the game by miles, now we have nirewnscotch you don't have to worry about switching out for heavy rounds either

The only way they would be going f2p is if the emotes sold beyond their wildest expectations.

They must have but will they in future, only being able to map one is lame

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
They'd go F2P if they want more money. If you have a popular game, F2P simply makes more money over the long run. Look at those mobile games making millions in profit PER DAY.

Shito

They'd go F2P if they want more money. If you have a popular game, F2P simply makes more money over the long run. Look at those mobile games making millions in profit PER DAY.
They would have to redesign the whole game for it to be successful, though.
#workinginsuchacompany^^

F2P games feel cheap and I don't want to invest my time into them. Yeah, it's mostly psychological, but it is what it is.

No, i'm with you here. Last i tried were BlackLight and PlanetSide 2 both on the PS4... and both HORRID messes of lag and instability. "Cheap" visuals and unpolished gameplay. I'll fork out an initial 60. Not saying it wouldnt be possible to offer Destiny in a F2P service model... but they'd need MUCH more content/stuff to do/weapons-armor-perks etc.

X-Frame

Truth for Trials, Thunderlord for everything else.

Both great weapons.

I used Truth during Iron Banner all week and it is incredibly useful. Don't have Thunderlord, but Truth gets my vote, it's just impossible to dodge when you lock on to a target.

Truth best RL in the game by miles, now we have nirewnscotch you don't have to worry about switching out for heavy rounds either

Thanks everyone, leaning more towards Truth. How many rockets does Truth give in PvP? Is it 4 rockets still?

JackHerer

They must have but will they in future, only being able to map one is lame

I am extremely unlikely to buy any more silver unless they make the d-pad fully customizable. Any excuse for why that's not the case? I guess the UI for that would be a bit of work but if they really want to make money this way they have to fix it.

Thanks everyone, leaning more towards Truth. How many rockets does Truth give in PvP? Is it 4 rockets still?

Yep 4,the G&Hs/blast radius doesn't seem as nerfed either

I am extremely unlikely to buy any more silver unless they make the d-pad fully customizable. Any excuse for why that's not the case? I guess the UI for that would be a bit of work but if they really want to make money this way they have to fix it.

Probably legacy systems holding it all back seeing how laggy it is getting into the menu now

E92 M3

Reset. Enjoy the GOAT.

EOObd32.jpg

TheMink

Hey there, haven't posted in a while, mostly been lurking. But last night I finally got my Platinum and Flawless Raider going Solo on Crota!

I've been dying to try this and just didn't have time before... But now with the swords and such I figured it was a good time! My first attempt at soloing Crota went pretty well, so i thought i would try for Flawless... and i got it fir try :) It was easier than i was expecting! And i am well aware i'm by no means special for doing this, I just made a video for my friends and they said i should post it here, so here it goes:
https://youtu.be/SJ0Gre5qBgM

I'm far from pro, i almost die a few times (mostly being an idiot), but I added commentary so I think it is at least entertaining!

The video starts at the second wizard before the Deathsinger (i forgot to record the first part since it only does 15 minutes...) but i used invisibility to do the lamps and Bones of Eao to cross the bridge with the sword. Total run was 27 minutes, much quicker than i expected.

Although it doesn't show in the video, Flawless Raider was the last trophy I needed so i also got my Platinum :D

Bruh thats awesome.

TRUTH!

CRtxV0eWIAEF-3S.jpg

There is no greater launcher in game. You get 4 (count 'em, FOUR!) rockets with the fastest rocket velocity, maximum blast radius and did I mention PROTOTYPE TRUTHSEEKING TRACKING?

Thunderlord is great too, don't get me wrong.

RedFury

TRUTH!

CRtxV0eWIAEF-3S.jpg

There is no greater launcher in game. You get 4 (count 'em, FOUR!) rockets with the fastest rocket velocity, maximum blast radius and did I mention PROTOTYPE TRUTHSEEKING TRACKING?

Thunderlord is great too, don't get me wrong.
Ok what banner and shader is that?!

JHall

Do we know if it's going to be that bad? No one has it yet, right?

If handcannons didn't get neutered then it would probably be good. The gameplay videos I've seen, it's just mediocre. Slow rate of fire, low stability, low range, but high impact. Comparable to a Timur's Lash.

noomi

Anyone know if that Black Spindle ship is still obtainable?

Seems people only got it to drop the first time the quest was available...

Nimon coming again? Or it looking like we need one more for NF

Gonna start out on my titan again and then switch after warsat

That's with randoms LT? Very impressed, I can barely ever manage to even break 1.0 in IB with randoms

Join on Hawkian for NF!

congrats, LT! :)

Hawkian, that's the only time I break 1.0.

l1zzMZ6.jpg

zecuAwH.jpg

RedFury

The Living Wall emblem. You get that from the PvP Defender quest (it's after the Striker one). Rosegold shader from Petra. It's a nice purple/gold shader. The Mark you get from the PvE Defender quest.
Thanks, sweet setup. It bothers me using my defender and having my sun breaker color scheme. On another note I can totally see this game going F2P. Want that sweet shader, emblem, banner, etc buy it with space bucks.

GutZ31

Hawkian posted recently?
He was up rather late with me and rasengan helping out with stuff.

Poor guy sounds like he needs an IV drip of chicken noodle soup.
Thanks again for running around with us last night Hawk, hope you feel better bud.

We need you to be healthy for freedom to continue across the lands.
Frank%2BVan%2BDun%2BFreedom%2BBird%2BLibertarian.be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom