• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owensboro

New page means time to repeat!

Testing! Anyone interested in a Blind, Newbie, "We're all gonna die!" Normal Mode King's Fall raid for either this Friday or Saturday? I've neither read boss strategies or plan on doing it as It's more fun to explore/figure out these big endgame raids yourself. I'm probably also going to institute a "if people are getting frustrated let's look at a strategy online" policy. Shoot me a PM if you're interested!

You'll need a light level as close to 290 as possible! Also, a 280 main weapon (minimum), a high impact sniper, and a machine gun.

People for All-newbie Friday 8pm EST (and/or some other various time Saturday) King's Fall (Normal) raid:
1. Owensboro (PSN: OwensboroEsq)
2. DarKshodaN (PSN: Darkshodan84)
3. Emouse (PSN: ___)(GMT [+4 hours])
-. Z3phon (PSN: ___) (currently Light Level 275. Needs ~290)

Reserve 1: tarzanpuyol (PSN: picklesandrobots) (Saturday definitely, Friday possible)
Reserve 2: Pandora 012 (PSN: Pandora012)

EL CUCO

People actually think Destiny is going F2P? Last I checked, this is still a console game.

Are there any successful F2P console games?

Unless...it's that Destiny is finally going PC?

Kyoufu

People actually think Destiny is going F2P? Last I checked, this is still a console game.

Warframe, for one.

I don't see Destiny going F2P. It still sells a lot.

Xeyark

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm... well i did the quest across all my guys and got the spindle 3 times. I would hope the ship would still be obtainable after that. Would be pretty shitty if it wasn't...

I got the ship this last week when it was up. First time completing it and it dropped.

Hmm... well i did the quest across all my guys and got the spindle 3 times. I would hope the ship would still be obtainable after that. Would be pretty shitty if it wasn't...

I was lucky enough to get the Vienna Singer but yeah it's too bad if you can't get it anymore if you already have 3 Spindles.
Same goes for the old faction ships, never got any of them. Would've loved a Fermi.

I got the Spindle x3 first time that daily happened and didn't get the ship. I've ran it countless times the other 2 times it popped up as the daily and still no ship.

Looks like we're out of luck, even soloed it twice and got nothing.

Tecnniqe

Banned

1371776459385.gif

Shito

It is. I think someone confurmed that here.
Is it?
Because I think Bogeypop never got one, even after carrying some 31651321321 guardians through the mission.
Maybe you only have one chance at it with each character each time the missions shows up as the daily?

Deku Tree

No the news is that the next raid will be fall 2016. And this years free DLC will be trials plus queens wrath PvE type stuff, and time gated exotics.
IMO

I realized last night that I never placed Armsday orders this past week. That's a bummer.

It really sucks that you can't put in the orders all the way up until the delivery. Weird decision.

It's the second week I've forgotten to place orders before sunday, so for the second week I'm missing out on 3 possibly good legendary weapons. It's annoying, because I don't want 3 orders to be constantly taking up space in my inventory. If we could store them in the vault I wouldn't wait to place the orders.

I hope they buff shax bounty rewards also with the fix as I did them on all 3 guys last week and got a bollocks revelator hand cannon 3 times.

I wasn't impressed after people here got 310 truths etc.

GutZ31

Lol, if elder scrolls online is F2P, then so is Destiny.
elder scrolls you still have to buy the disk, and so the same with Destiny.
In that respect, it has always been F2P.
If they mean the base game will go free, I think they are smoking crack.

LiK

I did the quest once. got Spindle and ship first try. RNGesus is merciful.

EL CUCO

Warframe, for one.

I don't see Destiny going F2P. It still sells a lot.
Yeah, I would consider that successful for Digital Extreme standards, not Activision $$$ standards.
No the news is that the next raid will be fall 2016. And this years free DLC will be trials plus queens wrath PvE type stuff, and time gated exotics.
IMO
I'm thinking it'll be something along these lines, as well.

Deku Tree

So Destiny continues to sell better on Xbox at retail not including bundles, but September was the best month in the history of PSN store so Destiny TTK probably sold massively on PS digital.

Sounds like the majority of people are just going to wait for HM Friday huh? Cool beans.

I'm looking forward to seeing the NF changes today.

On the subject of F2P...if Destiny goes that way then my desire to play it will diminish. Why? Because games start to change once they are free. Sure, Destiny could remain the same, but I kind of doubt that. F2P games just don't sit right with me.

I can't wait to read this article.

X-Frame

TRUTH!

CRtxV0eWIAEF-3S.jpg

There is no greater launcher in game. You get 4 (count 'em, FOUR!) rockets with the fastest rocket velocity, maximum blast radius and did I mention PROTOTYPE TRUTHSEEKING TRACKING?

Thunderlord is great too, don't get me wrong.

Errmahgerd your Titan is balling with the Emblem and the Class Item!

Don't hate me, but I did the same for the Striker first because I've been building my gear for Intellect / Discipline because of the Sunbreaker, which also applies to the Striker. I am now collecting Intellect / Strength for my Defender load out.

I use the Double Banshee (all blue) shader, the Striker Class Item, the Striker Emblem, and Helm of Inmost Light or the Empyrean Bellicose. I haven't seen any other Titans using their Class Items like us, not one -- but they are clearly the best looking! To me at least.

Future

If any game could make ftp work it's destiny. They already have the infrastructure. And it could be good. Free to play shines at times since the whales spend most of the dough which makes things cheaper for others.

It's only as bad as what they decide to put behind the pay wall. And in all honesty, they don't have enough loot to put that behind the paywall at all.

GutZ31

So Destiny continues to sell better on Xbox at retail not including bundles, but September was the best month in the history of PSN store so Destiny TTK probably sold massively on PS digital.

I haven't bought physical copies of any games this year, and the last game I actually bought a physical copy for was AC blackflag.

I pretty much just play destiny these days anyway, so why even have a disk?
Destiny is not remotely set up to be an F2P game. What the hell did I miss during my fever dreams last night sheesh
HE LIVES!

You feeling any better today bud?

IMO

If that's the case i'm all for them going F2P. That will allow me to play destiny every year for a month and hopefully only pay a few bucks a year to do so...

Come back a week before each raid... level up and beat the raid that day/weekend... level and run hardmode in 2-3 weeks and drop it until next year because PvP isn't even humanly palatable and there wont be any more raids. Raids are 80% of the reason i play Destiny. They're such a great time with friends... it's a real shame that they dont come around that often and that as soon a new one does they lazily forget the old ones and sweep them under the rug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom