• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Tried that. Got him to half health then EVERYTHING came into the alcove with me and just violated me.

Seriously to have this sudden spike in difficulty is just dumb. Killing Oryx in the single player mission wasn't this hard

Yeah was challenging enough to be enjoyable. Once you get oryx down to half health in Fears Embrace you are just met with so many shielded goons it's crazy.

Tried that. Got him to half health then EVERYTHING came into the alcove with me and just violated me.

Seriously to have this sudden spike in difficulty is just dumb. Killing Oryx in the single player mission wasn't this hard
Is it normal or the heroic?

If normal, save your heavy for the adds and snipe the boss. I find a high impact auto rifle is the best choice for a primary. It takes a couple of tries to get a good add control rhythm.

If heroic, you pretty much need a fireteam.

MechDX

Is it normal or the heroic?

If normal, save your heavy for the adds and snipe the boss. I find a high impact auto rifle is the best choice for a primary. It takes a couple of tries to get a good add control rhythm.

If heroic, you pretty much need a fireteam.

It's just a storyline mission. You can't select a level can you?

Mindlog

That's my favorite mission in the game. It's so good. However, I played them at 300 Light. I should try playing with less.
I play it aggressively.

Have a very strong fusion rifle or shotgun that can kill the orbs in two shots or less. You have to jump those orbs as soon as they spawn. Hurdle 2 will be shielded cabal and cloaked minotaurs. I use my heavy to kill them normally a sword or HMG. I always kill all the adds then do enough damage to trigger the next wave. Killing the big orbs is important to keep more adds from spawning, but also to keep them for blocking your way as you run around the ring.

Very hard, but fun. If I was on X1 I'd help you out. I've probably beat that mission around a dozen times between all my characters and helping other people out.

Mupod

I sure do love these crucible quests that make my entire team leave every match. On that note, I watched someone dodge my rocket by quitting to orbit before it hit. That's new.

Also this game's FOV is so fucking ridiculous. I hope Destiny 2 pulls it out a bit but I don't know maybe this is what you crazy kids like these days. It sure doesn't seem to prevent anyone else from standing inside my hitbox and being functionally invisible.

s2rYnVg.gif

GhaleonEB

THe mission is fears embrace. This is insane

No mission up to this point has been that hard but this is dumb. Why does it jump so high in difficulty suddenly?

It's a total anomaly in the entire campaign. A lot of mechanics out of nowhere, and too many of them. Focus on the adds, then DPS the boss.

haha

so i'm doing the daily story on my own and none other than Dan Miller decided to hop into my fireteam

then we did the daily crucible and actually won :p

fun times

Dan is good people. Built some of the best stuff in Halo 3, ODST, Reach and Destiny (VoG).

Bogeypop

tfw you're just trying to get your Sword Kills in Crucible and your team is down by half of the opponent's Score in Rift because enemy team is super try-hard. Decide to actually play the objectives in the last two minutes, get three dunks, handily win the Match. Feelsgoodman.

That feel when you need to win a match with 6 scout rifle kils and you go on a tear to start the match. Look at score and see you have 2600pts out of your teams 3100...opposing team has 7500...lol smh.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
For the love of God why is this mission so fucking hard????
I soloed the special version of that you get in the ToM quest last night, and it was absolutely the hardest individual thing I have done in the game. Took forever

Edit: sector 618 sucks

Namikaze1

I'll take any map for Trials just as long as it isn't Memento. I don't like it and I never will. Nothing folks say will change my mind about it. Nothing.

this shit is gonna be the trials map. :(

I soloed the special version of that you get in the ToM quest last night, and it was absolutely the hardest individual thing I have done in the game. Took forever

Edit: sector 618 sucks

Fears wmbrace wasnt that hard but it definitely was more ajnoying than anything. Fuckong poison, get outta here.

LiK

I'll take any map for Trials just as long as it isn't Memento. I don't like it and I never will. Nothing folks say will change my mind about it. Nothing.

shit is gonna be the trials map. :(

is that in the destroyed city? Shitty map with too much junk and stairs

Kalamari

Anyone need an extra for raiding? I'm only a bit over 300, but I play like a full 310. hehe

nvm, I've been... taken... *badumtish*

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
On the other hand I had a mayhem rumble match in Bannerfall (after many on every other possible map) and loved it. Could've run that all day.

LTWood12

Fears wmbrace wasnt that hard but it definitely was more ajnoying than anything. Fuckong poison, get outta here.

On the other hand I had a mayhem rumble match in Bannerfall (after many on every other possible map) and loved it. Could've run that all day.

Should be on in 15. What're y'all thinking? I've got Golgoroth cp and would like to start there, but fresh is fine too if people need it.

Strider

this shit is gonna be the trials map. :(

i hate momento. It's my least favorite map in the game. I just wanna orbit every time I see it. I'd rather play bastion which says a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom