• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so I did the raid on one character in the first week, two on the second week, and three every week thereafter. Moldering shards on most Oryx kills. Number of kingslayer shells: 0. This is abnormal right? It owes me a 310 one at this point.

I wonder if there's gonna be an IB shell. Probably won't be above 300 anyways...but I'm really sick of my 297 blue.

Took me 7 full raids to get my first Ghost. Zero 310 items after 11 full clears so far. It's all random luck, there're no streak breakers. It doesn't care what you got last week or even last drop during the same raid. Got a 303 shotgun from Daughters then a 300 one from Oryx in the same raid last week.

Question: If I use a rune and leave because it's not the boss(es) I need, will I still keep the rune? If so, will I get Summoner's Exhaustion?

Yes you will keep the rune but also have Exhaustion. Just wait 40 seconds and try again.

It's better if those two folks clear adds to help the detonators stay alive. You only have to shoot him when the bombs explode. But it shouldn't be a big deal as long as the detonators aren't being killed by the adds.

SpecX

Another example of broken match making. 8 people matched up in the daily rift PvP and you would think they would match it 4 vs 4 but no, we get matched 6 vs 2 with no support for the first 2-3 mins of the mstch. By the time help hit it was easily 10k to barely 1.5k.

maomaoIYP

And another day of farming for Flayer Mantles in vain. RNGesus has forsaken me.

4ZDmYzX.gif

I just realized where this emote is from.

It's from Viggo Mortensen breaking his toes during a take for LoTR.
https://youtu.be/unHW5-FagHM?t=87

Another example of broken match making. 8 people matched up in the daily rift PvP and you would think they would match it 4 vs 4 but no, we get matched 6 vs 2 with no support for the first 2-3 mins of the mstch. By the time help hit it was easily 10k to barely 1.5k.

Lol this happened to us yesterday. Control game started with 9 people, 6v3. There was a 4-man fire team and a two man fire team on the other side instead of making it 5v4. Seems like a simple calculation but what do I know. We managed to hold the line long enough until the calvary arrived for a comeback win. So stupid though.

you would think the mercy rule would kick in before that

SnakeEyes

Banned
Landfall kills on direct hit, it's great and I love it for regular crucible but not sure if it is reliable on trials.
Yup, and still does significant damage when enemies are on the radius of the blast too. Might be a hidden gem for Trials, we'll just have to wait and see..

purg3

slept with Malkin
Thoughts on the raid auto rifle? Just got one with braced frame and surrounded. Keep or infusion material, it's a 306

Also got a raid rocket launcher with Warhead Verniers/Javelin/Tracking, should be okay for Trials maybe

If you want to try some more, I'm down for Flayer Mantle farming in 15 minutes after I finish this Sword quest.
Appreciate the offer, Bogey, but it's bedtime for me. I was hoping to get mine before my work week started but it looks like I'll have to give it a shot next weekend.

Thought I'd gotten it earlier but it turned out to be Tread Upon Stars. Naturally I jumped to my death.

I was playing rift earlier and I happened to snipe a spark carrier and it only did 125 damage. Do they have damage reduction for a certain amount of time? I've seen people get bodied a second after picking it up

Thoughts on the raid auto rifle? Just got one with braced frame and surrounded. Keep or infusion material, it's a 306

Also got a raid rocket launcher with Warhead Verniers/Javelin/Tracking, should be okay for Trials maybe

Infuse that auto like Pink said. You won't miss it and Surrounded is a bad final perk anyway.

Raid launcher is good, especially w tracking. It's only the last perk that's variable btw, the barrlels and middle column are the same on all raid weapons.

purg3

slept with Malkin
One of the worst weapons in the game. The recoil is just too high to make it useful.

I was hoping braced frame would help, but yeah just used some motes and tested it out. Not liking it. I'll save it for infusion fuel.

Infuse that auto like Pink said. You won't miss it and Surrounded is a bad final perk anyway.

Raid launcher is good, especially w tracking. It's only the last perk that's variable btw, the barrlels and middle column are the same on all raid weapons.

Cool, did not know that.

Hopefully I can get a damn scout or pulse to drop this week...

I was playing rift earlier and I happened to snipe a spark carrier and it only did 125 damage. Do they have damage reduction for a certain amount of time? I've seen people get bodied a second after picking it up

I've been wondering this too. They definitely get damage reduction when first picking it up but not sure how long it lasts. Seems like they take normal damage after holding it awhile.

Cool, did not know that.

Hopefully I can get a damn scout or pulse to drop this week...

Best perks for each raid primary:

Auto Rifle- Crowd Control
Scout Rifle- Full Auto
Pulse Rifle- Firefly for PvE, Life Support or Glass Half Full for PvP
Hand Cannon- Firefly

blackflag

I tried that auto out for like 30 seconds before infusing it away. Terrible.

I did get the launcher with tracking. It is good.

Hoping for the scout this week. Game keeps giving me the hand cannon and shotty.

Rehsa

Finally got all the cores for the sword, ugh.

Also picked up the HORI headset since my Silvers broke, they seem OK, ear pieces might be a little small, but for how cheap they were I can't complain. Works with the Silvers chat control cord to so that's nice.

Will try to get on a couple iron banner trains but with me moving next week and baby due next week also might not be playing for a while lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom