• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0ckman

Ah! I wanted to ask about people who use to manipulate things in trials to get lag. Why was this used as a strategy? Isn't lag more chaotic and it won't gaurentee a direct benefit to tge people who abused the network?

Ah! I wanted to ask about people who use to manipulate things in trials to get lag. Why was this used as a strategy? Isn't lag more chaotic and it won't gaurentee a direct benefit to tge people who abused the network?

I don't know much about it but presumably if you control the lag switch you can make yourself warp around in other people's games but in your game it seems normal-ish? To be perfectly honest I have no idea. This isn't a topic I want to know much about, haha.

do shenanigans involve double bountying? cause y'all are talking in code >__>

If you had ranked up during the preceding IB you could wait in orbit until the new IB launched. It wouldn't let you join the tower but by changing one piece of armor in orbit (for whatever reason) it would then let you load into the Tower. You could approach Lord Saladbar and buy anything you wanted since your reputation and rank wouldn't have reset.

It was a great way to save a bunch of time and skip doing IB on a given character . Other people could also join your Tower instance and do the same thing as long as you stayed there. I'm assuming they're doing maintenance over the usual IB launch time (10 am PST) in part to prevent this.

Edit: wow 5 minute double post. Destiny is dead, everybody close up shop and go home.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
My team is getting alot of weird inconsistent damage on oryx. We seem to all step into our bombs at the same time and our names come up and we run back to the bubble but the damage is bad.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Here's a question for you DGAF: what will be the go-to Trials subclass for each class?

Warlock: My money's still on Sunsinger. Firebolts and orb generation got nerfed but it's still strong for Trials, especially when paired with Tlaloc and full super. Voidwalker will still be viable but I don't see Stormcaller making a big dent. Maybe ionic blink will help but nothing stands out to me.
If you can get the element of surprise, the Impossible Machine gauntlets will prove greatly successful if you can get into the air and use Landfall to nuke their shields before going on a Super rampage..

My team is getting alot of weird inconsistent damage on oryx. We seem to all step into our bombs at the same time and our names come up and we run back to the bubble but the damage is bad.

Are you shooting him while the bombs explode? You have to do that in order to make the bomb damage register. You aren't actually damaging him with your weapons, it will do a set amount of damage each time no matter how much you shoot him. The whole Oryx damage idea is not conveyed well to the player unfortunately.

Edit: also the people in the aura don't have to shoot Oryx while the other 4 go off to detonate. I see a lot of people do this but it doesn't accomplish anything, much better to clear out adds and make sure they don't kill your detonators.

Keep shooting him during the entire phase. Turns out if you don't do damage after staggering him, the bombs don't damage him or something.

maomaoIYP

If you can get the element of surprise, the Impossible Machine gauntlets will prove greatly successful if you can get into the air and use Landfall to nuke their shields before going on a Super rampage..
Landfall kills on direct hit, it's great and I love it for regular crucible but not sure if it is reliable on trials.

Keep shooting him during the entire phase. Turns out if you don't do damage after staggering him, the bombs don't damage him or something.

Only when the bombs actually explode. Shooting him before that doesn't do anything, better to clear adds.

Landfall kills on direct hit, it's great and I love it for regular crucible but not sure if it is reliable on trials.

Yeah I like Impossible Machines a lot in regular Crucible, especially 6v6. But I don't see much use for them in Trials. If you can get right above people that easily you've already won. I'm sure it could still be effective but imo there are better options. Fast revive exotics are really hard for me to give up in Trials. Storm trance in general seems poorly matched for Trials. Similar strengths and weaknesses to Arc blade except the weakness isn't as weak (has more range) and the strength isn't as strong (less evasive mobility).

To get the 10 legendary marks in Mayhem Rumble do you have to finish in the top 3, 1st or just finish the match? Not sure I can tolerate more than 3 matches of that.

Mindlog

They do it just to piss me off :|
3LwNaDv.gif

shem935

Banned
Anyone for an oryx kill? A group has 3 looking for another 3. Message Turriel or assassinshaggy. They also have the checkpoint.

anyone need to do the agonarch rune?

I need to do it on my hunter, and charge it on my titan.

rasengan1337

People have been saying they broke the Agonarch chest because there was an exploit. Supposedly you can't access it currently, although I haven't tried myself.

Sucks I played 0 Iron Banner before...starting with 0 rep makes me a sad panda if others are starting at 5.

Don't worry too much, I fully expect the glitch to not be possible this time due to maintenance.

To get the 10 legendary marks in Mayhem Rumble do you have to finish in the top 3, 1st or just finish the match? Not sure I can tolerate more than 3 matches of that.

Top 3.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Are you shooting him while the bombs explode? You have to do that in order to make the bomb damage register. You aren't actually damaging him with your weapons, it will do a set amount of damage each time no matter how much you shoot him. The whole Oryx damage idea is not conveyed well to the player unfortunately.

Edit: also the people in the aura don't have to shoot Oryx while the other 4 go off to detonate. I see a lot of people do this but it doesn't accomplish anything, much better to clear out adds and make sure they don't kill your detonators.

Do you rin back to shoot him as soon as you step in your bomb? Groups ive killed him with waited until your name pops up

Mupod

so I did the raid on one character in the first week, two on the second week, and three every week thereafter. Moldering shards on most Oryx kills. Number of kingslayer shells: 0. This is abnormal right? It owes me a 310 one at this point.

I wonder if there's gonna be an IB shell. Probably won't be above 300 anyways...but I'm really sick of my 297 blue.

I might get hate for this but I am kind of hoping Bungie sells Spark of Light in this new Evererse Trading Co thing. I'd probably pay 5-10$ for one to skip playing all of the pre TTK missions for the 100th time each.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Anyone for an oryx kill? A group has 3 looking for another 3. Message Turriel or assassinshaggy. They also have the checkpoint.

Im up for Oryx...I haven't done the raid with my hunter but Oryx is all I want before the reset...

Trakan

God they ruined snipers in PVP. I have no problems with Sunbreakers, pulse rifles, or any other garbage people claim is OP, but the aim assist on snipers with this last update turns everyone into a God. Nobody misses. It was insanely easy to snipe pre 2.0 and now it's just absurd. I don't even like playing PVP anymore.

Do you rin back to shoot him as soon as you step in your bomb? Groups ive killed him with waited until your name pops up

Oh yeah, you gotta make sure to wait for your name to pop up. Otherwise the bomb won't actually explode and you'll lose damage. Make sure to coordinate your detonation timing, either by giving a count down or just having all 4 detonators call "ready" when they are next to the blight. If one bomb goes off way early it will actually destroy the other bombs so they can't be detonated.

You should have plenty of time to get back into the aura and start shooting him as long as you coordinate detonation timing. You don't have to do a ton of damage either, just shoot him enough to make the bomb damage register.

Out 1

God they ruined snipers in PVP. I have no problems with Sunbreakers, pulse rifles, or any other garbage people claim is OP, but the aim assist on snipers with this last update turns everyone into a God. Nobody misses. It was insanely easy to snipe pre 2.0 and now it's just absurd. I don't even like playing PVP anymore.

I'd say 1000-Yard Stare with Shortgaze is basically "press A to win", but high impact shotguns are still in play.

Xion385

Question: If I use a rune and leave because it's not the boss(es) I need, will I still keep the rune? If so, will I get Summoner's Exhaustion?

Sullichin

I hope IB gear has a chance of dropping above or at least at 300 so I can maybe get up to 300 light and decrypt what is surely more Alpha Lupis.

Not worth it then. Started one match got hit with Fist of Panic in the first minute and went straight back to orbit.

Good call. My number one rule for this game is keep un-fun activities to a minimum. Don't do it if you don't enjoy it, unless necessary for something you really want like the exotic swords. Legendary marks are not that important.

Well yeah, but we're not expecting it to work tomorrow are we?

No, definitely not. I imagine they really really don't want people getting all the cool new stuff early. The Tower-envy would be strong :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom