• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triz

Someone come do the nightfall with me. Maybe you'll get rewarded with a three of coins stack like I have the last two weeks. Just need one more. Triz on PSN.

What are we all spending our legendary marks on? I have been saving some up with new real clue as to how to use them.

I had been spending mine haphazardly, but now I'm mark poor and I realize really need that New Monarchy shotgun for Iron Banner. The low fire rate on the Conspiracy Theory just doesn't work for me.

Best perks for each raid primary:

Auto Rifle- Crowd Control
Scout Rifle- Full Auto
Pulse Rifle- Firefly for PvE, Life Support or Glass Half Full for PvP
Hand Cannon- Firefly
I think if someone really wants to use the auto rifle, eye of the storm is pretty good as well. With the shoddy recoil you'll probably be taking enough damage to trigger it, and it helps shore up the biggest weakness.

Zocano

Patch-A or Burden of Proof XI?

Both the vendor ones are p good with good perks. Patch-A seems more PvE oriented but Dead Orbit aesthetic and colors is boring shit.

Every time I sprint-cancel 1000 yard reload it locks me out of firing next shot for full second, pressing R2 just does nothing. Is this a bug or did they counter nerf sprint-cancel trick?

rc213

So do the Hunters and Warlocks have Strike Specific Legendary Helm drops?

I have the Darkblade Helm, Only have Exotic Helms for my Hunter and Warlock.

Can the Suros Dis-47 roll full auto? It's my favourite non-exotic primary in the game but having to mash the trigger constantly is making my finger hurt.

RexNovis

Banned
Patch-A or Burden of Proof XI?

Both the vendor ones are p good with good perks. Patch-A seems more PvE oriented but Dead Orbit aesthetic and colors is boring shit.

Patch-A is a BEAST. Rifled barrel + Rangefinder + Crowd Control makes it an absolute monster. Heavily recommend it.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm juss saying

Titan+Warlock EVER DAY
latest

You people are nuts. I've done the raid about 8-9 times now, and always ask to be runner as Warlock. I've only fallen one time. Warlocks are superior in almost every way. Including jumping. And kicking ass.

GorillaJu

I had been spending mine haphazardly, but now I'm mark poor and I realize really need that New Monarchy shotgun for Iron Banner. The low fire rate on the Conspiracy Theory just doesn't work for me.

The NM shotty was what I wanted to use my marks on, just wanted to check first to see if I should be saving them... Thanks for the crucial info.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
You people are nuts. I've done the raid about 8-9 times now, and always ask to be runner as Warlock. I've only fallen one time. Warlocks are superior in almost every way. Including jumping. And kicking ass.
I mean no one ever said you couldn't get use to shitty warlock jumps. Still shitty though =P

SpecX

you would think the mercy rule would kick in before that
Ultimately Shaxx stopped the fight. Just plain stupid they would allow the match to go that unbalanced for so long. They could even implement it to move people around to the other team after the start of the match to prevent this stupidity.

Looking for more for a last minute before reset Oryx kill around 11pm PST. So an hour from now, give or take.

1. Teasing_Pink (psn same as gaf)
2. Taistelumurmeli
3. vctor182
4. xplicitone
5. border199x

Tentative: Mindlog (Maybe not so tentative anymore? Saw you get in some earlier groups.)

I have an Oryx checkpoint. And teams need 1 for Oryx?!
If you don't have a group within an hour, you are welcome to join our attempt to find a crew.

SheHateMe

Fuck that Jolly Holiday quest line.

Fuck it with ten thousand dicks.

Went from 9% to a losing, lopsided game and I got 0%.

I can't.

Kalamari

Man, my group couldn't down Gorgy.

Does anyone have advice for how to manage gaze acquisition and the taken adds at the end? I'm always DPS because 1%, so I don't have any experience with those aspects of the encounter.

vctor182

Looking for more for a last minute before reset Oryx kill around 11pm PST. So an hour from now, give or take.

2. Taistelumurmeli

Tentative: Mindlog (Maybe not so tentative anymore? Saw you get in some earlier groups.)

If you don't have a group within an hour, you are welcome to join our attempt to find a crew.
I'm in psn is same as username

Dante316

I can't.

Only equip last word when you have super and machine gun ammo. You just have to play super cautiously. I played rift due to most players are in warlocks super range.

2. Taistelumurmeli

I'd rather play with GAF all day, so sign me up :p

border

2. Taistelumurmeli

I haven't done Oryx before but I am happy to try if you want me to come. You'll just need to explain the encounter. 297 Hunter, PSN border199x

2. Taistelumurmeli
3. vctor182
4. xplicitone
5. border199x

I'm in psn is same as username

I'd rather play with GAF all day, so sign me up :p

I haven't done Oryx before but I am happy to try if you want me to come. You'll just need to explain the encounter. 297 Hunter, PSN border199x

Great, looks like we just need one more then.

ZServ

Man, my group couldn't down Gorgy.

Does anyone have advice for how to manage gaze acquisition and the taken adds at the end? I'm always DPS because 1%, so I don't have any experience with those aspects of the encounter.

So, which method are you guys doing? 6-orb or 1-orb?

For 6-orb, we're using a Sunsinger and I'm a Nightstalker for Golgoroth. I shade step the seeking orbs and we call out at the 0:05 mark and switch between 0:00 and then. Whenever I grab the Gaze, however, I'm immediately using my Super to increase damage for the DPS. For the Taken adds at the end, we're using a Striker who is using his Super right at the end to clear em out. Otherwise, maybe spam grenades? A Sunsinger could easily clear em out like that.

3 weekends. First, made it to Golgoroth, couldn't surpass him. Second weekend, made it to Daughters. Third weekend, to Oryx.

Next weekend is IT baby!

I can't.

I did this easily in Mayhem. Hide until you get your super, equip TLW and get a few kills with your super. Unequip, rinse and repeat.

I did it so easily as a Stormcaller, I imagine it's much easier with a peasant Sunbreaker with its win mode super :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom