• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogeypop

Just saw a Warsat event on Mars with no one at it. Funny how almost a week ago people were searching for them like they were the Holy Grail.

Xion385

I have 43/50 fragments for ToM

I have left:
-Scent Run
-Agonarch Rune (2/7)
-Two Tier 3 CoO (I already done this week. Reset tomorrow)

I'm so close, GAF. But why do I feel like it's so far away. :(

That run is a pain. Any advice on the last four? I'm doing CoO for sure.

LTWood12

Thank Oryx for the 308 Titan Helmet and 309 boots. Full raid gear get! Light level 307!

Fun run Hawk, Breezy, Private, T, and Schwagger. So good.

I have left:
-Scent Run
-Agonarch Rune (2/7)

-Scent Run. Super easy. I don't know if anyone has followed my advice, but it took me 1 try after using this method. When you get to where you're ready to jump onto invisible platforms, whip out your ghost, put away, then jump immediately in general direction. The ghost effect that shoots out the white scanner will be delayed, but still go off. So as your at your peak of double-jump, you'll see the scanner hit the platforms and then you know where to land! Easy as pie. This way you don't have to scan, wait for it to appear, then jump. Whip out, put away, jump, mid-jump see platform, make adjustments, and you're good to go.

-Agonarch Rune (2/7). You can move this rune between alts to get more than one charge per day, if I remember correct. If you have 3 characters, you should be able to get 3 charges a day.
Thank Oryx for the 308 Titan Helmet and 309 boots. Full raid gear get! Light level 307!

Fun run Hawk, Breezy, Private, T, and Schwagger. So good.
Damn. Nice. I got my 4th pair of raid boots tonight....302 defense. My very first pair were 305, and the new 3 have all been worse.

Kyne

I have left:
-Scent Run
-Agonarch Rune (2/7)

you can hug the wall on the left all the way to the platform. just gotta jump over the protrusions in the wall.

Xion385

-Scent Run. Super easy. I don't know if anyone has followed my advice, but it took me 1 try after using this method. When you get to where you're ready to jump onto invisible platforms, whip out your ghost, put away, then jump immediately in general direction. The ghost effect that shoots out the white scanner will be delayed, but still go off. So as your at your peak of double-jump, you'll see the scanner hit the platforms and then you know where to land! Easy as pie. This way you don't have to scan, wait for it to appear, then jump. Whip out, put away, jump, mid-jump see platform, make adjustments, and you're good to go.

Cool. I'll definitely try this tomorrow. How many seconds did you have left when you opened the chest?

you can hug the wall on the left all the way to the platform. just gotta jump over the protrusions in the wall.
Yeah. I'm not that great landing on that small part of the wall.

Zocano

I'm staying up only to see if I can burn through some Iron Banner.

Iron Titan Man is my true calling.

Also dancing

Raybunny

Warlock jump made a newbie rage quit at piston jump puzzle. Why do newbies start with a warlock? Should come with a warning.

I don't see why ppl see the jumping puzzle as something hard. Even with Warlock I have a blast. Make sure to tell them to use a sword. Better FOV and with a chance of last minute save.

Guess I am used to the very trick hard jumping puzzles from Guild Wars 2.

GOOD MORNING GAF! How are we today. Reset day it seems plus some IBs. So what is your plan for today?

Here's a question for you DGAF: what will be the go-to Trials subclass for each class?

Titan: duh

Warlock: My money's still on Sunsinger. Firebolts and orb generation got nerfed but it's still strong for Trials, especially when paired with Tlaloc and full super. Voidwalker will still be viable but I don't see Stormcaller making a big dent. Maybe ionic blink will help but nothing stands out to me.

Hunter: Most interesting class by far. All 3 subclasses seem potentially excellent. Blade dancers got nerfed considerably but still a very strong subclass overall. I don't think they'll go away. Gunslinger has always been great and wasn't really changed. With Symbiote out of the picture I wonder how many GSlingers will go for double trip mines over fast revives. Crest of Ultra Luigi still seems like the top Exotic, Lucky Rasberry is out too.

Nightstalkers have a ton of potential with a really strong neutral game. Keen scout to move faster and see enemies through walls, orb generation, poison smoke and area control grenades (smoke + vortex is a strong combo) that can last twice as long, shade step for evasion even if it's not as disorienting as blink. Shadowshot might be the best Hammer counter, although the slow animation means it will be hard to avoid tying. Placing tethers in choke points might work well for area control until the Hammer runs out. I could see NS being a monster in the right hands.

LTTP but Gunslinger this time around mainly because Lucky Raspberry never came forward so have been maining that since the start but I'm probably liking it more now esp with double tripmines

Warlock I'll try all 3 but haven't lucked in to any specific armour bar the machines, the Stag and sunsinger on paper should be top tier but the perk is shit and barely works

Annoyingly I've never played with my Titan in PvP, I might try to main that in Iron Banner to git gud. Also for the day shift make sure you match your chest armour with your subclass as it gives you +1 Armour

The hunters jump realllllly sucks. If I was a titan I'd be nailing it in 10 seconds.

lolwat.

Beat the raid in an hour yesterday with SoM, with a wipe, chests and general screwing around at the jumping puzzles. 40 minute run doesn't seem that hard now tbh. Crazy how fast its already going, raid has not been out for a month.

Out 1

Warlock jump made a newbie rage quit at piston jump puzzle. Why do newbies start with a warlock? Should come with a warning.
Well, the other day I had a hunter rage quit the raid party at the ships jumps. A hunter who already beat the raid! Couldn't handle the fact that me and my friend (two newbies) made it first try. I was amused.

Damn that's so Grade A prime loot!

For me it's VoG all over again: getting extremely lucky wih weapon drops while getting hardly any armor. Though there is no forever29 this time around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom