• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanR1221

Shit again from the nightfall. Haven't gotten anything good since TTK came out.

So are people thinking the 300 spindle you get from the kiosk will be nerfed too? Should I do an infusion shuffle with it to be safe?

kiguel182

It doesn't matter, you should be infusing that 310 into something else, because all Spindles are being downgraded no matter what.

Infuse the 310 into a 300 or more weapon of choice and pull 300 spindles out of the kiosk and use those to upgrade all your other specials to 300.

Wait is this true? My Spindle will become 290 out of nowhere? That's messed up.

Trakan

Who would use such a thing! Make them bullets count. I guess I am strange in that I see it as a perk to get to press the button for each shot. I hate AR's across all FPS games. Semi auto, high impact ftw. It is what made me stop playing Payday 2. Their weapon balance was backwards. None of their semi auto weapons did higher damage or accuracy then the full auto weapons. There was zero use case for semi auto weapons...so I said, fuck that game.

Depending on accuracy for crits, high ROF guns can sometimes out DPS low ones.

Shit again from the nightfall. Haven't gotten anything good since TTK came out.

So are people thinking the 300 spindle you get from the kiosk will be nerfed too? Should I do an infusion shuffle with it to be safe?

According to Cozmo all spindles are getting changed to 290, and purchasing a new one from the kiosk will be 280. No word on when.

Tovarisc

Your first Vanguard Heroic strike per character also drops a guaranteed legendary engram (each of your first three Heroic strikes gives you 10 marks regardless of which character). Also this may have not been mentioned because it's self evident or whatever but the raid drops are per character also.

I could swear you can get all 30 marks and 3x guaranteed legendary on single character, no need to play with alts. Am I wrong?

X-Frame

I'm going to be the oddball I suppose and run the Striker Titan subclass for Iron Banana.

I want to test out how much more effective Shoulder Charge will be with the removal of Shot Package and just in general less high-light weapon options that people will be able to bring into IB.

BondFancy

Your first Vanguard Heroic strike per character also drops a guaranteed legendary engram (each of your first three Heroic strikes gives you 10 marks regardless of which character). Also this may have not been mentioned because it's self evident or whatever but the raid drops are per character also.
Yeah I noticed that, don't know if that's intentional or not.

Kalamari

Someone posted a few pages back and I can't find it to quote, but there is a cheap fix to the Hori pad mic issue, get a usb audio card. The sound will be so much better than using the DS4 mic input it will change your life. It may require a usb extension to use, as my usb audio card was too fat to fit into the PS4 usb port all the way.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
As a new found owner of Jade Rabbit, is it any good? I was using it last night and couldn't really get the swing of things in crucible. Mida felt so much better..

It sucks in PvP, but is godly in PvE. Scouts in general are not so hot in PvP atm. The maps just don't really favor them over a pulse.

Yeah. It's crazy how strong the super is. A lot of folks are suggesting it's because of how weak the class is outside of that, but...in highly competitive modes like Trials that super is almost a guaranteed round win. Yes, you can run away and or focus fire, but neither is safe.

I know titan hammer bros are OP - I am a titan bro most of the time - but when I was getting my solar sword on my hunter and needed solar kills, I was wrecking hammer gods with my golden gun. So much so that I'm contemplating rolling with my hunter in the PvP battles over the next week.

LiK

Even with my Sunbreaker super on, I was one shotted by GG. I checked the guy's gear and he had a blue helm. So I dunno why anyone says we can't die from GG in one shot.

Deku Tree

Even with my Sunbreaker super on, I was one shotted by GG. I checked the guy's gear and he had a blue helm. So I dunno why anyone says we can't die from GG in one shot.

Are you running max armor? And/or the armor buff perk for solar subclass?

Bradach

At 288 light and no one to raid with, what should I be doing to get better gear? Strikes? Crucible?
Have you completed Eris CoO quest for the 300 artifact?
Also ikoras strikes quest will get you a 300 special weapon.
Just doing these two quests will get you lots of good blue gear too.

Because its been well documented that you cant. There are videos and stuff. Either you werent running max armor or you had taken some damage already because otherwise GG will let you live with a sliver of health left. The hunter normally two shots you to finish the job though.

I'm going to be the oddball I suppose and run the Striker Titan subclass for Iron Banana.

I want to test out how much more effective Shoulder Charge will be with the removal of Shot Package and just in general less high-light weapon options that people will be able to bring into IB.

I'll be curious how it goes. I gave up Shoulder Charging. I run Striker a lot, mostly as a way of saying "NO!" to other peoples' supers.

I'm also going oddball and running Defender. No Back-up Plans and Invective. Invective can nearly max out the range bar & there's no shot package to compete against now.

Hasn't dropped for me yet. There's one weapon that I've loved using in PvP but it has one huge downside. Once my Super is charged Tlaloc becomes a beast and just wrecks everything. But I have to choose between using a Super and being left with a subpar scout rifle for most of the match, or have a beast of a scout rifle and not using my Super.

I was very interested in the Hori controller, but the lack of headset connector just screwed it for me. I wouldn't be able to use my Sennheiser Momentum headset.

It doesnt have a mic connector?

Hori, whyyyyy you do disssss?

ich00

So what's the final verdict on sleeper simulant? I got it, it seems fun, but not sure if it's all that useful

It seems like it's got situational use, just like a lot of the new exotics. As others have said: awesome for strike bosses, daily story bosses and not bad at parts in the new raid. Not as fun as the exotic swords tho.

Seeing that post about Jade Rabbit reminded me that I had a Destiny dream last night. That a light level 497 jade rabbit dropped for me as a glitch and that it bumped my light level into the 400's and I was trying to take screen shots of it to post on GAF.

Edit: Wtf, top of the page...talking a bout a Destiny dream. Sorry bout that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom