• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRIP

Yeah, I got Revenant, Bittersteel, and God of War in like the first 2-3 weeks that TTK came out. Think I'm only rank 8-9 with Dead Orbit.

LiK

Because its been well documented that you cant. There are videos and stuff. Either you werent running max armor or you had taken some damage already because otherwise GG will let you live with a sliver of health left. The hunter normally two shots you to finish the job though.

Eff the documents. This is from my own experience and I wasn't damaged beforehand. Wasn't the first time it happened either. People probably just missed with the GG before.

Tovarisc

shaders drop much more frequently since TTK launched.

But ranking up factions take forever now making those, still, rare shader giving packages just as rare as in Y1. In theory you get shaders and ships faster in Y2, but in reality it's long and slow grind still.

Tecnniqe

Banned
But ranking up factions take forever now making those, still, rare shader giving packages just as rare as in Y1. In theory you get shaders and ships faster in Y2, but in reality it's long and slow grind still.

Because they removed rep from NF and stuff. Cause reasons

X-Frame

I'll be curious how it goes. I gave up Shoulder Charging. I run Striker a lot, mostly as a way of saying "NO!" to other peoples' supers.

I'm also going oddball and running Defender. No Back-up Plans and Invective. Invective can nearly max out the range bar & there's no shot package to compete against now.

The 2.0 shotgun "nerf" didn't do much to make Shoulder Charge more viable. If anything, the very noticeable nerf or tweak to melee "aim assist" has made locking on with SC much more difficult. So many times I've visually connected with someone and not gotten the kill now, whereas before I could lightly connect to their elbow and get a full kill -- it's weird. I believe this also has affected all melee including Warlock melee aim assist to Arc blade, so it's not just a Shoulder Charge nerf.

Still, even with no Shot Package mostly everyone will have access to that quest reward Conspiracy-D with the high-impact, range boost perk and Rangefinder so it's still dangerous for rushing.

I'll let you know though! I also wish Peregrine Greaves had a Y2 version so I can neutralize all the new supers with my Knee of Justice.

I also want to run Defender too! Let me know how that goes, haha.

Deku Tree

If you donate stuff to your faction then you can get quick rank ups.

Eff the documents. This is from my own experience and I wasn't damaged beforehand. Wasn't the first time it happened either. People probably just missed with the GG before.
Nah, it's happened to me and my friends too. It's a real thing. I doubt thousands of people in the Internet would lie about such a little thing.

Yep, GG is easy to miss unless your running deadeye, then it becomes an auto aim killing machine

Edit i'm going to log on and see if I can find a titan to kill

LTWood12

Thanks again to Hawkian, Private, Breezy, Schwag, & T for the fun run last night. For the second time in a week Oryx dropped a helmet & boots. 308 helmet and 309 boots on my Titan. Full Raid gear acquired!

Can't wait to infuse the helmet into something that doesn't look ridiculous!

7rQWcy6l.jpg

flkraven

Leveling alts are so easy now. I got my Titan up to 307, so I played on one of my alts for the first time. I had saved up 2 or 3 legendary engrams for each defense slot, and I saved all my 290+ blues for infusion. Brought my 34 Hunter up to 40 and transferred over all the engrams, blue infusion gear, and weapons + ghost off my titan. After about a minute of careful cryptarching and infusing, my hunter was light level 303.

Deku Tree

Nah it's true. Under the right circumstances a GG doesn't one shot a Sunbreaker Titan during their super.

got my iron banner cheese class ready

Defender Titan - Armor of Light
Helm of Saint 14
Touch of Malice
Immobius (infinite ammo on kill shots in bubble)
Arc Edge

As long as you can't move me, I can't be moved.

LTWood12

Leveling alts are so easy now. I got my Titan up to 307, so I played on one of my alts for the first time. I had saved up 2 or 3 legendary engrams for each defense slot, and I saved all my 290+ blues for infusion. Brought my 34 Hunter up to 40 and transferred over all the engrams, blue infusion gear, and weapons + ghost off my titan. After about a minute of careful cryptarching and infusing, my hunter was light level 303.

Wow 303 is the highest I've seen for something like this. I got my Warlock to 298 and felt like that was pretty crazy. For my Hunter I have almost 50 engrams saved, about a quarter of which are legendary. Hoping for 300 out of the box.

Tovarisc

If you donate stuff to your faction then you can get quick rank ups.

So if you hoarded up all kinds of shit for days during Y1 it's fine? Yeah, very few are in such position where they can unload metric ton of shit into faction in hopes of getting shaders and ships. Most, like me, have to do slow and long tedious grind that is now +10 rep / something hard to do.

flkraven

Wow 303 is the highest I've seen for something like this. I got my Warlock to 298 and felt like that was pretty crazy. For my Hunter I have almost 50 engrams saved, about a quarter of which are legendary. Hoping for 300 out of the box.

I had a 310 crest of alpha lupi, my ghost is 310, and all my weapons are 308 or higher so everything else was easy.

So if you hoarded up all kinds of shit for days during Y1 it's fine? Yeah, very few are in such position where they can unload metric ton of shit into faction in hopes of getting shaders and ships. Most, like me, have to do slow and long tedious grind that is now +10 rep / something hard to do.

Yup. It's annoying. I also want to change factions, but I still haven't gotten the last shader and ship from DO.

Deku Tree

Here you go. Sunbreaker is OP

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/game...de4&scid=37770100-f9ae-4b80-9dad-7c1d0ec14469

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/game...de4&scid=37770100-f9ae-4b80-9dad-7c1d0ec14469

SURVIVES GG that doesn't miss.

Well also if you play the game a lot now then you accumulate a lot of motes etc that you can turn in for rep.

E92 M3

Depends how they do it.
Might be from Bungies site for all we know and account wide.

I thought about that and would be very interesting. That means Activision would take on the payment processing and pay for the fees associated with the various transactions. That also means one emote will be very costly.

RIPAROOSKI DONALD TOOSKI

Isn't the GG one shoting sunbreaker down to range and if you have the range increase perk enabled? GG has a rather significant damage fall off at long range. If players are running the increased range perk, they are likely going to hit harder with a single GG shot at medium to high range. Thanks hand cannon nerf! You also made GG shittier.

flkraven

I thought about that and would be very interesting. That means Activision would take on the payment processing and pay for the fees associated with the various transactions. That also means one emote will be very costly.

RIPAROOSKI DONALD TOOSKI

I'm sure that this way of doing things would be against the Microsoft or Sony terms, wouldn't it? By selling silver outside of XBL/PSN, doesn't that bypass the % that MS/Sony get?

The weekly update said that you buy silver from PSN and XBL.

NVM, Deku clarified.

Kyne

got my iron banner cheese class ready

Defender Titan - Armor of Light
Helm of Saint 14
Touch of Malice
Immobius (infinite ammo on kill shots in bubble)
Arc Edge

As long as you can't move me, I can't be moved.

uh..

let me know how that goes.

genuinely interested.

--
The second I get full raid armor (and the shader) I'm using every fiber of my being to obtain and upgrade the Iron Banner gear. It's the only decent looking set in Year 2 for Titans.

I'm still wondering if Trials gear is going to change..

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

E92 M3

I'm sure that this way of doing things would be against the Microsoft or Sony terms, wouldn't it? By selling silver outside of XBL/PSN, doesn't that bypass the % that MS/Sony get?

NVM, Deku clarified.

Yeah, but Activision and Destiny have a ton of pull, so we can't make any assumptions.

Didn't Bungie sell Bungie Pro through the the game?

Tovarisc

Well also if you play the game a lot now then you accumulate a lot of motes etc that you can turn in for rep.

Even then you need hundreds of MoL's to make even a dent to faction rep progress, it's fucking ridiculous. I'm not swimming in MoL's at end of the day and I just have to do prioritisation where I get guns, even armor, up to snuff instead of getting little rep.

Faction rep grind is ridiculously tedious and I wouldn't be surprised if Bungie balanced it around people unloading all their shit into factions for rep.

Nuszka

Here you go. Sunbreaker is OP

Exact same thing happened to me while playing elimination last night, only i had the hammer and it felt even better when i finished the rest of the opposing team after that.
IB and trials will be so much fun this week...
Edit: i was wearing chest piece that increases armor when using a solar subclass.

At 288 light and no one to raid with, what should I be doing to get better gear? Strikes? Crucible?
Join a group whenever they are doing a raid just mention you are new and you should be fine :3

Edit: top of the page or in the middle of the page?!?

Lack of Internet will make me re inviting people to the DGAF ps4 community more slower D:

Will also be playing dhruv's account a little bit till he fixes his ps4 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom