• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ah, that's a shame.
Your first Vanguard Heroic strike per character also drops a guaranteed legendary engram (each of your first three Heroic strikes gives you 10 marks regardless of which character). Also this may have not been mentioned because it's self evident or whatever but the raid drops are per character also.

Deku Tree

So if you get 25 energies/shards per run including dismantling everything.

That's a total of 150 shards for VoG 3x and CE 3x which is a total of 300 motes which is over two rank ups. (125 per rank up.)

Not sure about all of my math. Plz check.

Edit: you might do better if you convert to glimmer to heavy synth but only if you have a lot of ether seeds for variks

Is everyone ready for the season of Hammers? I welcome our new Titan Master Race.

The hammers....they're going to block out the freaking sun this week.

Puma! Where you at? I'm ready for Trials Friday night son!

X-Frame

I may be the only person who is looking at The Speaker's class items to purchase, but is anyone else disappointed that The Speaker only has 2 class items per class available each week as opposed to 4 from Year 1?

I want to buy a couple Titan marks but now that they're less often available AND I need to make sure the stats on them are what I want it may be months before the one I want is available.

Really wish he sold 4 per class again like Year 1.

Is everyone ready for the season of Hammers? I welcome our new Titan Master Race.

tumblr_lowpato5CW1qbjuneo1_500.gif

The raid scout rifle is solid in pvp, atleast I have been having alot of luck with it.

Hasn't dropped for me yet. There's one weapon that I've loved using in PvP but it has one huge downside. Once my Super is charged Tlaloc becomes a beast and just wrecks everything. But I have to choose between using a Super and being left with a subpar scout rifle for most of the match, or have a beast of a scout rifle and not using my Super.

My scout has full auto, I infused a hawkmoon into it to get it to 310 and it just wrecks house.

I have considered getting that hori controller however which would make the full auto perk irrelevant as everything would be full auto then lol.

I was very interested in the Hori controller, but the lack of headset connector just screwed it for me. I wouldn't be able to use my Sennheiser Momentum headset.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I got a really great Treads Upon Stars with Field Scout, Firefly and Triple Tap. I already got Hung Dury to 310 though..... Feels weird just ignoring it so I'll try it for awhile.

If Hammers are the Gjallarhorn of Year 2 Subclasses, then Nightstalkers are the MIDA Multitool. Not nearly as flashly and a high skill ceiling, but if you can take advantage of its perks, then it's crazy strong.

I'm really not looking forward to balancing. Bungie has a really bad track record of balancing.

• Subclasses in Year 1 didn't get any adjustment after launch. (Was the 4 man Live team supposed to do this too?). Sunbreakers are going to get nerfed to Defender levels of utility. So I don't have any confidence that if they don't get it right on the first balance patch that needs to happen, that they'll look at them again before Year 3.
  • And exotics and weapon classes? Eesh. A concise history: SUROS is OP. Bungie's response: Nerf all Autorifles into the ground. Thorn/TLW are OP? Bungie's response: Nerf all Handcannons into the ground. Red Death is emerging as an extremely strong Pulse Rifle in a meta that already favors Pulses. So I fear that not only will Red Death be nerfed, but so will Pulses. And they'll be as useful as bullet hoses in Year One.

Definity

Almost finished leveling my titan sunbreaker subclass. Never really played much crucible with the titan - always been warlock and hunter. First game I played yesterday as sunbreaker I get a breaker, 3 triple kills and 2 double kill medals....and a nice little message from one of the other players after the game was over.

The maintenance has screwed my carefully laid plans so have bought a Yr2 Truth for trials. Hopefully the rumours are true and completing Iron Banner bounties will give you marks otherwise the grind will be real this week

If Hammers are the Gjallarhorn of Year 2 Subclasses, then Nightstalkers are the MIDA Multitool. Not nearly as flashly and a high skill ceiling, but if you can take advantage of its perks, then it's crazy strong.

I'm really not looking forward to balancing. Bungie has a really bad track record of balancing.

• Subclasses in Year 1 didn't get any adjustment after launch. (Was the 4 man Live team supposed to do this too?). Sunbreakers are going to get nerfed to Defender levels of utility. So I don't have any confidence that if they don't get it right on the first balance patch that needs to happen, that they'll look at them again before Year 3.
  • And exotics and weapon classes? Eesh. A concise history: SUROS is OP. Bungie's response: Nerf all Autorifles into the ground. Thorn/TLW are OP? Bungie's response: Nerf all Handcannons into the ground. Red Death is emerging as an extremely strong Pulse Rifle in a meta that already favors Pulses. So I fear that not only will Red Death be nerfed, but so will Pulses. And they'll be as useful as bullet hoses in Year One.

Nothing will happen until Bungies lovechild Reddit starts crying about it, I'm loving the age of Red Death as i'm generally wrecking with it, though as usual not getting any rewards

CRMyzbFWEAAC277.png:medium

LiK

The maintenance has screwed my carefully laid plans so have bought a Yr2 Truth for trials. Hopefully the rumours are true and completing Iron Banner bounties will give you marks otherwise the grind will be real this week

Dealing with the lag in IB is a grind in of itself.

My 310 primaries: Zhalo Supercell, Monte Carlo, and The Last Word

Other: 307 Smite of Mehrain with firefly and 305 scout with full auto.

Decisions decisions.

Tovarisc

So what's the final verdict on sleeper simulant? I got it, it seems fun, but not sure if it's all that useful

It utterly destroys bosses in strikes and daily PvE stuff, does very nice burst DPS in King's Fall. Fun trolling weapon in PvP when you do those shots around corners, behind cover etc.

It's useful and fun weapon to use, far from being piece of shit that some people want you to believe it's.

E92 M3

That's Bungie in a nutshell - they don't know how to elegantly nerf something. Handcannons were hit way too hard for no reason.

Almost finished leveling my titan sunbreaker subclass. Never really played much crucible with the titan - always been warlock and hunter. First game I played yesterday as sunbreaker I get a breaker, 3 triple kills and 2 double kill medals....and a nice little message from one of the other players after the game was over.

Yeah. It's crazy how strong the super is. A lot of folks are suggesting it's because of how weak the class is outside of that, but...in highly competitive modes like Trials that super is almost a guaranteed round win. Yes, you can run away and or focus fire, but neither is safe.

Kyne

As a new found owner of Jade Rabbit, is it any good? I was using it last night and couldn't really get the swing of things in crucible. Mida felt so much better..

Trakan

I never understood the love for the auto scout rifle perk? Unless it is built in to the weapon, it seems like a waste of a perk slot. I was stoked mine rolled with rangefinder instead of auto (I would have preferred life support). Pressing the button is what makes semi-auto weapons amazing. You control the rhythm of your shots. Semi-auto fire 4 life.

It can get annoying hitting the trigger that many times, especially on low impact/high rate of fire scout rifles.

Deku Tree

2 hours after people posted an exploit for the chest the event stopped working.
It said that Bungie disabled it to stop people from exploiting.

That was a pretty bad exploit. Who is this "It said"? Where did it say that? I'm not doubting you, I'm just wondering if there is any concrete proof or if it's just speculation.

Tecnniqe

Banned
That was a pretty bad exploit. Who is this "It said"? Where did it say that? I'm not doubting you, I'm just wondering if there is any concrete proof or if it's just speculation.

It's funny when you take this tweet into account: https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/653686148364046336

"We are investigating"

.....suuuuuuure

They never officially said anything, just 2 hour after the exploit was posted and people started abusing it, the event stopped working.

Coincidence? I think not.

Got no source other than random people.

Edit: I think Goth talked about it last night, saying Bungie disabled it to stop the exploit.

It can get annoying hitting the trigger that many times, especially on low impact/high rate of fire scout rifles.

Who would use such a thing! Make them bullets count. I guess I am strange in that I see it as a perk to get to press the button for each shot. I hate AR's across all FPS games. Semi auto, high impact ftw. It is what made me stop playing Payday 2. Their weapon balance was backwards. None of their semi auto weapons did higher damage or accuracy then the full auto weapons. There was zero use case for semi auto weapons...so I said, fuck that game.

Deku Tree

They never officially said anything, just 2 hour after the exploit was posted and people started abusing it, the event stopped working.

Coincidence? I think not.

Got no source other than random people.

They must have stopped authenticating the start of that event on their servers until they could fix the glitch. Hopefully this patch today fixes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom