• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Microtransactions are becoming a thing.

Level up your weapons straight away item would fit with the weapon parts nerf.

I love Destiny and have been a die hard player since the Alpha, I am talking over 1200 hours.

if you can buy a fully leveled subclass I am out. especially after there post last week that it would never come to that.

MrDaravon

The economy nerfs are straight up bullshit. I feel like I barely have enough to stay on top of things as-is and I'm playing the game a ton because I'm unemployed. There's zero justification for this whatsoever. They talk about not wanting the game to be a job, but they're just outright fucking people who aren't already fully committed to playing the game every day. This has to be a stalling tactic because they feel people are getting too many Strange Coins and Motes....but who fucking cares? There's no trading and 3oC aren't THAT expensive for a guaranteed exotic every so often. Motes are only really good for leveling gear (which you don't do that often) and faction rep. The weapon parts nerf I can't even fathom a logic on.

Only thing I can somewhat see nerfing motes because of that "trick" people were doing by filling up their entire inventories with blue engrams, and leveling up a ton of blues at once to get a net gain of motes. But that already required you to play enough to get a full inventory in practically all slots of blues, and the net gain isn't enormous (like 7-10). And even that's a reach, they're penalizing the 99% of players that aren't doing that or even know about it. I got nothing on the coins or weapon parts nerfs. I'm seriously fucking pissed, I don't even care about emotes or crucible quest changes or anything now. I felt like I was actually getting properly rewarded before, even though they're not super useful getting motes and coins randomly from just playing the game was nice. I can't believe this shit.

The update should start at around 17.6 GB and goes to 18.121 GB. The whole preparing to download % was verifying that the previous update was not corrupted.

PuMa

This would be nice. Sunbreaker may be the best new class right now, but its by far the most boring to play.

LZTvkrKzHwzSg.gif

E92 M3

Bungie clearly doesn't play their own game based on some of these "adjustments"

A lot of folks at Bungie do play, but whoever makes these decisions doesn't. Honestly wish Luke Smith just ran the whole show, he plays this game a shit ton and understands what the community needs.

So much truth in this post.

And it's very unfortunate that "playing the game" is the worst thing a player can do.

Baliis

Ohh I hope that's real. I would buy one for my lock and titan. I've done the raid on them both multiple times, but my lock doesn't have a single fully leveled subclass rofl. Actually sunsinger might be now, but I haven't touched void walker and stormcaller is maybe half? Would love to level sunbreaker as well since I usually play defender in pve

Trakan

Bungie hasn't learned how to release a patch. There's always a bunch of surprise stuff that confuses people and they always have to do damage control.

traveler

Not Wario
I don't really get the reason behind the weapon parts nerf, but I haven't had any issue with them thus far and I play the game considerably less than most of you. How are you guys running out?

More of an economy rebalance than a strict nerf. There are several increased reward notes in there.

Fine with rerolling so long as it stays restricted to exotics, since they already represent a cost to your loadout with only 1 slot available.

Have they said anything about hard mode tuning yet? I'm expecting a numbers hike, but I'm hoping that is accompanied by some additional mechanical changes as well.

If the subclass leveling thing is ingame and paid, not sure I see the big deal. It's the same as paying to level to 90 in WoW.. you skip the tutorial and have direct access to the meaningful content. It's not like leveling a subclass represents any kind of challenge, it's just a time cost.

LifEndz

weapon parts should be obtainable by trading in armor parts and vice-versa. I'm swimming in armor parts I don't need.

I'm at around 800 armor parts and I stay on 25k glimmer now. If they simply allowed us to buy weapon parts for glimmer I'd be fine with the nerf, but knowing Bungie they'd charge 50 legendary marks for 20 weapon parts.

Guys, weapon parts ARE tradeable for glimmer! Just go buy a weapon from the Gunsmith for 2,500 glimmer, dismantle, and you've got one shiny weapon part. With maxed out glimmer of 25,000, that's TEN whole weapon parts!

Still a nerf! Last year we could buy green/blue engrams and Osiris guns for 900 and get two or three weapon parts! :D

Navid

PATCH NOTE

Trials of Osiris
Trials of Osiris will be enabled the weekend of 10/16-10/18
Requires a minimum Character Level of 40
Requires a minimum Light of 251; Recommended Light is 290
This is a shame, I enjoyed Trials... wish they had kept a form of the old Trials mode available for those who don't own the Taken King DLC.

Matticers

Honestly debating even bothering if that's the case.

Seriously. What's the point of it if you're just throwing legendary marks at gear with below average stats? The armor perks better be unique and awesome. Or the weapons better be damn good. Otherwise it seems like a total waste of time unless you're a very casual player.

PuMa

Bungie hasn't learned how to release a patch. There's always a bunch of surprise stuff that confuses people and they always have to do damage control.

I was thinking the same thing. Overall, this patch is pretty great. But again they have to sneak in a few bullshit changes that get everyone in an uproar.

The team is off to an amazing start with these patches
/s
It's pretty bad that I feel the game would have been better off without this patch -_-

E92 M3

We need some explanation from Bungie.

I have feeling there are two opposing schools of thought going on at Bungie: One wants to make us grind and the other wants to make our lives easier. Fortunately, the majority of TTK was directed by Luke, but now what do we do? Does the other side get to have their fun? The same side the decided on the TDB exotic upgrade system?

Honestly wish Luke would come in here and explain everything like he always does.

Hahahaha.

Fucking Gothalion with the defense mode. 'ERM UH DEV ITEMS GET PUT IN DON'T GET WORRIED'.

It's fucking happening. The slippery slope is real, better put on your spike cleats so you won't slip

Is subclass leveling really something that matters?

Yeah that works.

What do I do with the other 12,500?
I can't upgrade any weapons cause I won't have weapon parts.... So?

I have no clue. Gunsmith was literally the only thing I could think of that just costs Glimmer alone.

Number45

Not gonna lie, I'd probably consider paying to fully upgrade a subclass - but it should require level 40 and one already maxed subclass.

Deku Tree

The new power treadmill feels from the 330 Database info.

na5vvgR.jpg

I don't like what I am feeling. Don't like the treadmill that this looks like... I just finished acquiring my exotics...

Destiny is supposed to be compatible with real life, Luke.

rNilla

I don't really understand the outcry over subclass infusion when all of us have maxed subclasses and many people here are OK with buying emotes and digital collector's editions otherwise.

LiK

people are enjoying the game too much, let's nerf shit again. sick of their shit. once I do the Heroic Raid, I'm gone.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Is subclass leveling really something that matters?

I have no clue. Gunsmith was literally the only thing I could think of that just costs Glimmer alone.

Seriously?
"Micro"-transactions done right is OPTIONAL not OPTIMAL

At this point if they start selling insta level stuff its OPTIMAL to purchase something.

Its a slop that only goes one way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom