• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amar212

Hmm, there is now a Lucky Raspberry 330 Def in the armory. Previously it only showed under Y1 values. I wonder if they transitioned some additional Y1 exotics to Y2 with this update?

After I decripted 25+ Chest of Alpha Lupis and 20+ Don't Touch Mes on 290 with my 300+ characters... Probably yes.

LifEndz

With every patch, Bungie is confirming that hoarding materials is the best way to play Destiny. Hoarding materials, not testing new weapons, not leveling up extra items. It's unfortunate, but I'll continue to hoard so not to suffer from Bungie's random economy changes.

Pretty much. Just when I thought they were in touch with the player base and realized that they didn't need to do shit like this to keep people playing.

E92 M3

I honestly think the Bungie team is divided on how to proceed with Destiny and every patch one side gets to make their change. TTK was for the players and this patch is for extending the grind. Next patch will be good news.

It's a subclass. Having to level the second and third subclass at all is pretty pointless since they're just what would commonly be considered Skill Trees in other games. As it is, the most common way people level them is just by switching over when they turn in bounties.

Its a shortcut anyway, if Bungie is starting to messing aroud skill trees they would probably will experiment on weapons exp and character exp later on.

Holy shit at these patch notes

More motes from Public events... reduced motes and coins from everything else

Some extra rep from materials lol

Jinjo

You know what's funny about Bungie? When you think they got everything right, they don't.

Destiny and Bungie are a roller coaster and I think people will eventually get sick.

People love rollercoasters though.

Relax with the patch downloading stress people. Servers are not back up yet.

Edit: now it is. You may go back to stressing yourselves out again lol.

Exactly! Some of us don't have 8 hours a day to spend grinding Destiny like a lot here do and would really dig something like this.

It doesn't make us better players or more powerful or get us better loot or anything like that...

It would just cut down on the time it takes getting to end-game content.

Yup, it gives them an excuse to sell 'material' packages for real world currency. It's not buying power, it's just a shortcut-Just like buying an item that maxes your subclass is a short cut. It fits in line with what they want out of microtransactions.

Tovarisc

Exactly! Some of us don't have 8 hours a day to spend grinding Destiny like a lot here do and would really dig something like this.

It doesn't make us better players or more powerful or get us better loot or anything like that...

It would just cut down on the time it takes getting to end-game content.

Or they could just tune down XP required to level up subclass? Current 600-700k to max out subclass is fucking ludicrous amount of XP.

Edit: 400 silver? LOL

Ryuuga

Banned
If they reduce the acquisition of the currencies only to turn around and flip packs for silver I think I'll be done with the game.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Lord some of these reactions are a bit over the top for what the patch notes actually said.

I never knew motes of light and weapon parts were so highly valued.

Oh it's gonna be. I don't need it since all my subclasses are maxed. I don't care if folks uses them. Let them have maxed out subclasses. But yeah, I am not expecting them to give this to players for free.

i am not telling how this gonna break the game, but i can see how they can open "doors" to completely distort the progression with "boosters"

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/category?order=5&stat=368428387&dir=2&source=113998144

Nightfall exotics are listed at 330 in the armory now. This armory stuff might mean absolutely nothing though. Maybe there's just a chance of 330 from nightfall now. Maybe it's nothing. I have no idea.

Edit: Other people pointed out that all the exotics used to show 310 and now show 330 and that's all. Xur shows 330 now and we know he sells 280 so there's nothing to draw from here at all I guess.

Bogeypop

Uhhh for some reason my Destiny won't launch because it's trying to get update 1.17 (from September)? I'm really worried I'm going to have to uninstall and reinstall. PSN download speeds are the worst and I probably won't get to play Iron Banner until the evening if that's the case...

Klyka

Banned
Bet that infuse sub class is a real life purchase.

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?

Caught in the cashgrab,
no escape from the DLC.

Open your eyes,
Look at the patch notes and see
I'm just a poor boy, I need no DLC,

Bungie's like: easy cash, easy dough,
prices high, prices low,
Anyway the cash flows doesn't really matter to me, to me.

Kyne

500 silver for Carlton/Slow clap (legendary emotes)
200 (rare) for the rest.

edit: reminder, we get 400 free silver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom