• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaaz

I don't think its harsh to say they are destroying the goodwill gained by TTK with this huge economy nerf. I like to try out new weapons and armor, by leveling up as many as I can and using them. You know, play the game. If I have to grind stupid weapon parts to do that, that is a huge deal for me and I'm going to step away from the game.

E92 said it best, so I will quote him:

With every patch, Bungie is confirming that hoarding materials is the best way to play Destiny. Hoarding materials, not testing new weapons, not leveling up extra items. It's unfortunate, but I'll continue to hoard so not to suffer from Bungie's random economy changes.

Not to mention the (if true) "pay to win" by buying a complete upgrade to your sub-class. And I'm sure we haven't seen the end of it. This is serious, at least to me.

PuMa

I came back to quote this because this woman is very pretty.

Also, how much silver does it cost me to unlock the "No Time to Explain" quest early?

Cher Lloyd

eC9QxWAvn1u00.gif

Is subclass leveling really something that matters?

Here we go.

"Emotes are something that really matter?"
"Subclass/base leveling really something that matters?"
"Material packages really something that matter?"
"Strange Coin packs really something that matter?"

The slippery slope my friend, you're living in it.

And so it begins
CRNugDxXAAAmaz3.jpg:large

I'm the complete opposite of all of you...

i REALLY hope this, or something like this, is real! I'd happily spend 5 bucks on an item that takes any new characters i make straight to lvl 25-40 and eliminate some of the grind. Give me the shitty blue armor and weapons like. I don't really have time to grind a hunter to 40 right now... but if i could buy one... done.

To ME this means nothing to the community. It's not like this level-item gives people in crucible or PvE a real advantage or any kind.

Kyne

holy fuck everyone calm down.

give it more than a few minutes before jumping to every worst possible conclusion ever.

jesus. This looks like a rabid destiny twitch chat.

traveler

Not Wario
waiting for kotaku article or gaming side thread filled with jumping to conclusions about subclass infusion

It's already happening in this thread, complete with slippery slope accusations. (Hint: if you're on the side calling slippery slope, you may want to look up the term)

D i Z

I was looking forward to messing around with a few new weapons today and leveling them up. F all of that now that they nerfed the hell out of the already scant weapon parts. How counter intuitive.
And the 18G update that has me needing to delete other shit when I had over 30G free already? wtf....

You know it's going to happen. Silver will be used for more than just emotes and shaders. They're creating a situation where people will be in serious need of motes/coins/weapon parts that they won't be able to object when they're first available for silver. Think heavy ammo synth drought, but with real money attached this time.

BahamutPT

Bungie please... If you're putting up a server offline error message, let me back out or do something instead of getting stuck there.

Number45

That's straight up P2W, that had better not be real.
I'm not sure I agree with this entirely. Unlocking the subclass has very little skill element to it and when it's unlocked you're at no advantage to every other serious player out there - it's just a short-cut to an inevitable end result.

LTWood12

I don't really understand the outcry over subclass infusion when all of us have maxed subclasses and many people here are OK with buying emotes and digital collector's editions otherwise.

I don't think's the outcry is over the item itself, but more what it could foreshadow for the future.

Trakan

Here we go.

"Strange Con packs really something that matter?"

Once again, what we're seeing here is not even close to the slippery slope. It's a shortcut. You pay money to save time. The Last of Us multiplayer straight up sold guns with better stats for real money and no other way to unlock it. This subclass infusion and emotes are nowhere near that.

Does anyone know the specifics of what the exotic reroll of stat nodes and upgrade nodes is? I would assume stat nodes are rerolling your armors INT/DIS/STR but what is upgrade node? Is that the amount of the INT/DIS/STR ? Or is it rerolling of the perk that get randomly drawn from a pool?

Seriously?
"Micro"-transactions done right is OPTIONAL not OPTIMAL

At this point if they start selling insta level stuff its OPTIMAL to purchase something.

Its a slop that only goes one way.

It's a subclass. Having to level the second and third subclass at all is pretty pointless since they're just what would commonly be considered Skill Trees in other games. As it is, the most common way people level them is just by switching over when they turn in bounties.

Here we go.

"Strange Coin packs really something that matter?"

If that's the case, then I'm fine with it. Moral high-grounding for content that doesn't actually give any advantage is your perogative. I'm not planting my flag on that hill though.

Deku Tree

Who the heck is this? Do they really know things?

@Vahros: The Fate of All Fools:
If you're worthy in ToO, then all previous speculation about the Jade Rabbit replacing it...was possibly wrong.

Once again, what we're seeing here is not even close to the slippery slope. It's a shortcut. You pay money to save time. The Last of Us multiplayer straight up sold guns with better stats for real money and no other way to unlock it. This subclass infusion and emotes are nowhere near that.

And it's leading to a path of more microtransactions. It starts with emotes, it continues with optimal ways to play by fasttracking levelling, and who knows what they'll do left(Although with the nerfs to the economy of weapon parts/strange coins...one can surmise.)

E92 M3

No more experimenting with Motes and whatever, ill stick to one loadout for all and i just have to deal with it.

Yeah, it pays of to hoard and it's been paying off since I started playing Destiny. Really sucks.

For once, Destiny is the type of game where "you save your elixirs till the end but never use them." It pays of here lol.

give it more than a few minutes before jumping to every worst possible conclusion ever.

Not much else to conclude from a weapon parts nerf. A nerf is a nerf.

SkylineRKR

people are enjoying the game too much, let's nerf shit again. sick of their shit. once I do the Heroic Raid, I'm gone.

Its weird. I quit for about 6 months after I beat Scrota HM. Because of their shitty nerfs.

The game is still in a better place right now, I thought they did well with TTK but if they continue to fuck things up slowly but surely i'd might put it away for a long time yet again.

Hmm, there is now a Lucky Raspberry 330 Def in the armory. Previously it only showed under Y1 values. I wonder if they transitioned some additional Y1 exotics to Y2 with this update?

Messiek

You know what's funny about Bungie? When you think they got everything right, they don't.

Destiny and Bungie are a roller coaster and I think people will eventually get sick.

Midas

You know it's going to happen. Silver will be used for more than just emotes and shaders. They're creating a situation where people will be in serious need of motes/coins/weapon parts that they won't be able to object when they're first available for silver. Think heavy ammo synth drought, but with real money attached this time.

Pretty much.

Namikaze1

if this new subclass infusion is a "microtransaction" thing ... this game is doomed
Oh it's gonna be. I don't need it since all my subclasses are maxed. I don't care if folks uses them. Let them have maxed out subclasses. But yeah, I am not expecting them to give this to players for free.

flkraven

I'm sorry, but the weapon part nerf doesn't need a few more minutes. It's pretty self explanatory. Fewer weapon parts drop now. An item that many people are already hurting for. I spent 5 hours grinding engrams for weapon parts over the weekend, and only had about 40 left after upgrading a weapon.

neoism

General
Tess Everis has returned from her vacation and is now back at her station in the Tower
Added a new currency, Silver, that can be purchased from console stores
Tess's booth has been given a facelift to reflect her new venture with the Eververse Trading Company
Lord Saladin has returned from his hiatus and brings new wares for Iron Banner challengers
Players who may have deleted their pre-order Ghost Shells after the Taken King Launch can now obtain them again from the Speaker
Fixed an issue where some Taken King Collector's Edition purchasers did not receive their Shaders
They can now be obtained from the Shader Collections Kiosk
Fixed an issue where some of the Year 1 Special Order Emblems and Shaders were not appearing in Collections

Weapons
“Shot Package” perks have been removed and replaced on Shotguns with a non-range-boosting perk
Fixed an issue where Black Spindle had an unintended +20 Attack bonus
Fixed an issue in which Rare Sniper Rifle scope upgrades did not correctly show progress
Fixed an issue in which activating the "Eye of the Storm" perk was not using correct feedback when readying weapon
Fixed an issue in which the “Second Wind” perk was incorrectly applying on the initial spawn

Armor
Players can now reroll Stat nodes and Upgrade nodes on Exotic armor via the “Twist Fate” node
Twist Fate will require Glimmer, Armor materials, and a Glass Needle, which will be available from Xur during his weekly visits

Exotics
Fixed an issue where No Back Up Plans did not consistently trigger Force Barrier on Shotgun kills
Fixed an issue where the “Air Traffic Control” perk on Taikonaut Helm did not properly increase heavy ammo drop rate with a Rocket Launcher equipped
Smoke Bombs used with Sealed Ahamkara Grasps no longer costs two charges

Quests & Bounties
Fixed an issue where Hunter and Warlock class level-up quests were not giving rewards for the correct level
Fixed an issue with some Year 1 Exotic Bounty items that were causing lingering waypoints to remain over various NPCs
Fixed several issues where some bounties were not correctly requiring players to complete Court of Oryx encounters within the stated time on the issued bounty
Affected Bounties: "Challenge the Court: Reciprocal Rune", "Challenge the Court: Stolen Rune," "Challenge the Court: Antiquated Rune"
Fixed an issue where some Vanguard bounties were incorrectly granting credit across entire Fireteams
Affected Bounties: “Heavyweight”, “Specialized Rampage”, “Enemy in Every Corner”, “Invincible”
Fixed an issue where it was possible to not get charges on an Agonarch Rune if another Rune was completed in the same week

Strikes
Weekly Heroic Playlist now shows how many Weekly Bonus Legendary Mark awards remain
Fixed an issue where players were not transitioning to Return to Orbit upon Phogoth's death
Fixed an issue where players were not transitioning to Return to Orbit phase upon Omnigul's death

Raid: King's Fall
Increased the number of potential Shards and added additional materials in the first King's Fall chest
Blighted Light explosion size has been changed to encompass the entire Arena

Crucible
General
Shaxx's Weekly Bounties now unlock across all characters after completing the Crucible Questline on one character
Damage curves have been adjusted for all power-enabled playlists to account for the new Light levels in Year 2
Distinct audio cues have been created for teammate and enemy revives
Weekly Crucible bounty "Featured Matches" now properly progresses in weekly featured playlists in addition to daily featured playlists
Weekly Crucible bounties "Featured Matches" and "Making an Impact" now also count top 3 finishes in Rumble as wins, to be consistent with other Crucible quest and bounty steps
"Hold the Line" bounty now only requires being near only one of your teammates (instead of two)
Fixed an issue where the "Largest Multi-Kill" stat on the Mayhem scoreboard did not accumulate correctly

Playlists
Thieves' Den has been removed from the Rift playlist
Added Twilight Gap and Asylum to Elimination playlist
Removed Thieves' Den from Doubles playlist
Removed The Anomaly and Firebase Delphi from Inferno Salvage and Inferno Skirmish playlists

Iron Banner
Iron Banner is now enabled for the week of 10/13 - 10/19
Requires a minimum Character Level of 40
Recommended Light for Iron Banner is 230
Game completion rewards have been reworked to be a more valid source for Iron Banner rewards
End-of-match rewards now include both weapons and armor (including items available on Lord Saladin)
New Emblems have been added to Lord Saladin's inventory
Lord Saladin now has three daily bounties and three weekly bounties that award Legendary Marks
Gear purchased from Lord Saladin now requires Legendary Marks (instead of Glimmer)
Tempered buff is now automatically applied to your character and continues to grow in effectiveness each day of the event week

Trials of Osiris
Trials of Osiris will be enabled the weekend of 10/16-10/18
Requires a minimum Character Level of 40
Requires a minimum Light of 251; Recommended Light is 290
Winning teams now receive Trials gear rewards directly at the end-of-match completion
Players that go undefeated on their Passage will continue to be invited to The Lighthouse
Players may continue to play in the Trials past 9 wins (but rewards are maxed out at 9 wins)
Trials Passages now have a Details page containing your Boons
Player must now purchase Boons from the Details page on their Passage instead of from Brother Vance
Boons can no longer be applied to Trials passages after starting a run
Trials gear can be purchased from Brother Vance (including some items found at the Lighthouse)
Brother Vance now has Bounties that award Legendary Marks
Crucible Bounties can now also be completed in Trials of Osiris
Matchmaking has been updated to make it more competitive to reach The Lighthouse

Economy
Sources for Motes of Light have been adjusted:
From completing Public Events have been increased by approximately 100%
From earning XP post-40 have been increased from 3 -> 5
From Faction Rep packages have been reduced from 5 -> 4
From dismantling Rare and Legendary Items have been reduced by approximately 25-30%
From Daily Vanguard and Crucible Bounties have been reduced by approximately 50%
Sources for Strange Coins have been adjusted:
From Faction Rep packages have been reduced from 5 -> 4
From Daily Vanguard and Crucible Bounties have been reduced by approximately 50%
Weapon Parts from dismantling Uncommon or Rare Weapons have been reduced by around 25%
Weapon Part turn-ins at Factions increased from +50 Rep to +75 Rep per turn-in
Materials recovered by Ghost Extractor upgrades reduced (but still guaranteed)

Inventory
Ghost Shells will now be recovered at the Postmaster in your Lost and Found, if you don't have inventory space for them

Technical
Fixed multiple situations that resulted in the game client crashing, including the "Ward of Dawn” and “Firefly” crashes
Fixed some issues where audio would drop

Exactly! Some of us don't have 8 hours a day to spend grinding Destiny like a lot here do and would really dig something like this.

It doesn't make us better players or more powerful or get us better loot or anything like that...

It would just cut down on the time it takes getting to end-game content.

Hmm, there is now a Lucky Raspberry 330 Def in the armory. Previously it only showed under Y1 values. I wonder if they transitioned some additional Y1 exotics to Y2 with this update?
This is untrue. ALL Y1 exotic armor was in the armory at 310 defense with TTK emblems since the day that Taken King launched. That also includes a bunch of unreleased, new exotic armor. They've all just changed to 330 today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom