• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is untrue. ALL Y1 exotic armor was in the armory at 310 defense with TTK emblems since the day that Taken King launched. That also includes a bunch of unreleased, new exotic armor. They've all just changed to 330 today.

I thought before it only shows the Y1 exotics once, regardless of light level. Either way, hopefully this means anything showed with 330 is going to be in the game at Y2 levels.

R0ckman

Star-Trek.gif

Exactly.

Yup, it gives them an excuse to sell 'material' packages for real world currency. It's not buying power, it's just a shortcut-Just like buying an item that maxes your subclass is a short cut. It fits in line with what they want out of microtransactions.

Yup. I'm ok with all of this/that. The only things i wouldnt be ok with would be Silver for non-cosmetic armor/weapons/shaders/items etc.

Id be pumped for purchasing armor and weapon "Shader/Skins"... turn my Hawkmoon urban camo... or my armor set some special pattern...

BUT i would NOT be ok with straight up purchasing an exotic weapon/armor/etc!

Shito

Gotta pay up if you want the Carlton
Yep, they know their IAPs well! ^^

I don't like that pesky economy nerf.
Even though coins were really raining from everywhere, I quite liked that I could play the game "semi-casually" and still get what I used to from 3 weeklies before TTK.
Good thing I anticipated the nerf and kept a stack of 500 of them safe...

Kyoufu

THEY REMOVED SHOT PACKAGE

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

traveler

Not Wario
The game is becoming less compatible with the collect everything mentality of its hardcore fanbase, for better or worse. I get the legendary weapons and exotics I care about, level them, and use them. I don't do armsday every week, level and try out every single weapon I come across, (I might give them a try before leveling though) and I've yet to have weapon parts be an issue. Just to be clear, I don't think it's fair to call the collectathon mentality wrong; this is just an observation.

Slow clap is the only emote I will buy if you can only equip one at a time, but why are they all locked behind weekly time reset, not all 18 emotes are available to purchase right now correct?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
wow how?

you havent played for long or?

I have 2500 +

I have 2600+ hours in this game and I have 2 weapon parts right now.

I enjoyed re-rolling weapons in HoW and have infused plenty of weapons in TTK.

I think I may have deleted a stack accidentally after HoW came out though. I can recall being shocked that one of my characters had zero.

* kingslayer ghost icon is different now. Looks cool.

Strider

So we cant buy Carlton with the free silver.

That's actually the biggest BS ever.

I wasn't gonna be mad over any of this shit FUCK THIS.

I wanted my Carlton damn it. I'm sad :(

BraXzy

Ugh, the 330 exotic thing is pretty annoying. I guess it's expected, but after spending hours and hours getting 310 stuff, for it to be obsolete again will be a pain. I guess that's how it goes in a game like this.

LTWood12

The game is becoming less compatible with the collect everything mentality of its hardcore fanbase, for better or worse. I get the legendary weapons and exotics I care about, level them, and use them. I don't do armsday every week, level and try out every single weapon I come across, (I might give them a try before leveling though) and I've yet to have weapon parts be an issue. Just to be clear, I don't think it's fair to call the collectathon mentality wrong.

I'm probably sitting around 1,000 hours w/ the game. I have less than ten weapon parts.

E92 M3

Bungie doesn't want us experimenting with weapons or trying new things. It's the strangest thing ever.

I wonder if they even realize that.

matmanx1

I'll be curious how it goes. I gave up Shoulder Charging. I run Striker a lot, mostly as a way of saying "NO!" to other peoples' supers.

I'm also going oddball and running Defender. No Back-up Plans and Invective. Invective can nearly max out the range bar & there's no shot package to compete against now.

If the patch notes are correct then No Back-up Plans might be the most fun way to go for this IB!

Yeah. It's crazy how strong the super is. A lot of folks are suggesting it's because of how weak the class is outside of that, but...in highly competitive modes like Trials that super is almost a guaranteed round win. Yes, you can run away and or focus fire, but neither is safe.

As a Titan I would much rather have a more interesting neutral game and a less strong super. Besides the melting point debuff on melee hit (and how many bosses are safe to punch, anyway?) Sunbreakers are fairly lacking in tools and utility.

I probably won't raid with people who haven't taken their new Spindles to 305+ yet.

Duh. Who would? I mean come on! (j/k ofc!)

Yup. I'm ok with all of this/that. The only things i wouldnt be ok with would be Silver for non-cosmetic armor/weapons/shaders/items etc.

Id be pumped for purchasing armor and weapon "Shader/Skins"... turn my Hawkmoon urban camo... or my armor set some special pattern...

BUT i would NOT be ok with straight up purchasing an exotic weapon/armor/etc!

Yeah but

Buying exotic armor is a shortcut :^) You can only wear one of it, and they aren't obscenely powerful, so it's not buying power :^) Buy our DLC engrams now, it's random so it's not directly buying power!

Jinjo

Boots and class item are IB armor. Sidearm and pulse rifle for weapons. 40 marks for armor, 90 for weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom