• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm waiting for confirmation on this. I've seen some people say 280, even for the ones in their inventory.

Only the first spindle that you got, the one rewarded for the mission, will be 290. The others will be 280 like the same Y2 exotics that can be bought at that big ipad thing, don't remember the name lol.

Kyne

There's nothing in the update that explicitly says that, nor are there any comments from any Bungie reps that I can find saying that. That would be a huge blow, if true- a far bigger deal than any slightly economy tweaks- but it doesn't seem to be confirmed anywhere.

Sorry, I was mistaken. It's not confirmed, it's major speculation based on the press release. Our chances of getting a raid would increase based on how well people take to the microtransactions...

... which if this thread is any indication of, the chances aren't good.

Deku Tree

Bungie never said this. They are being intentionally ambiguous about the scope of the content to come from this model, but they absolutely did NOT rule out raids (or specificity they were in.)

Luke Smith has recently said "raids are a special thing" and "a raid is not a promise" and they are certainly stretching Kings Fall out much longer than they did for either VoG or CE or even PoE in terms of both the power level of the loot drops and also in terms of the super long wait for any news about the other difficulty levels of the raid.

PuMa

No Fun Run? An Anti-Fun Run group?

Colonel! How can you be part of a No Fun Run group AND a Fun Run group. They cancel each other out, you shouldn't exist anymore. Or you explode.

Lol. Colonel had to leave us to play with his "fun" run group one night after our main night got postponed. So we named ourselves his "no-fun" run group.

Gordon

So they give me 400 silver, make the only emote worth considering 500 to try to twist my arm into handing them money, and make sure to flesh out the shelf with a bunch of 200 silver trash that's only useable for being an asshole in crucible. Greeeeat. I'm sticking with point. At least it can accomplish some useful communication. And IB shit is all 280. Quite the downhill ride since launch I have to say.

SkylineRKR

Is the Banner pulse high impact or at least medium? Looks like the only thing worth bothering with.

Looks almost as good as my Hopscotch. I think its the same impact class but not sure.

max stability on Hop was needed for me, I felt that even 90 is still a bit off. So I probably go Braced Frame.

KanameYuuki

So warlock is my main but lately after raiding with my Hunter and Titan I feel that with my warlock I don't bring anything important to the group, I cannot debuff or buff anything, all I have is a full super to revive myself so I can fuck it up once. I wish Bungie re worked warlocks to bring something more to the team, sure I can help them use abilities faster but with how the KF works it is useless, considering they are technically the mages of the game they were supposed to be the support class.

realcZk

My 306 attack spindle is now: 286.....

thanks bungie!

normally id be a little upset about you disrespecting my time investment (again!) but im just super glad this urgent, terrible attack value bug was fixed by you so quickly, it had very detrimental affects on the game, all those players running around with 310 specials was just utterly ridiculous! especially since they didn't even have to work for them. i should have known better than to infuse 3 special drops into my kiosk hammer, how fucking dumb was that!! my bad...

P.S. i'm looking forward to the patch that removes all the legendary engrams obtained by pve exploiters using that agonarch chest exploit!

rNilla

Just looking at the previews on my character all of these emotes look corny and feel kind of gross. Something about the animation--they look like things a Sim would do, not a guardian. I'm sure I'll get used to them.

R0ckman

thanks bungie!

normally id be a little upset about you disrespecting my time investment (again!) but im just super glad this urgent, terrible attack value bug was fixed by you so quickly, it had very detrimental affects on the game, all those players running around with 310 specials was just utterly ridiculous! especially since they didn't even have to work for them. i should have known better than to infuse 3 special drops into my kiosk hammer, how fucking dumb was that!! my bad...

P.S. i'm looking forward to the patch that removes all the legendary engrams obtained by pve exploiters using that agonarch chest exploit!

They lied, they said only 310s would be nerfed.

PuMa

Looks almost as good as my Hopscotch. I think its the same impact class but not sure.

max stability on Hop was needed for me, I felt that even 90 is still a bit off. So I probably go Braced Frame.

Yes, same class as Scotch. More aim assist on the IB one though.

LTWood12

Given that weapon parts no longer exist, and that it would take a minimum of 40 to get a Spindle to just 300; I guess I won't ever be using the cool weapon I earned from one of the hardest things in the game for any end-game content.

So fun guys.

Bungie never said this. They are being intentionally ambiguous about the scope of the content to come from this model, but they absolutely did NOT rule out raids (or specificity they were in.)

They did say that the micro trasactions specifically fund the "live team". Maybe the raid teams, and PvP map teams, and weapon teams can be brought into that fold...but it did seem they went out of the way to be specific about what to expect by singling out one team.

matmanx1

Slowest "preparing to download" ever! After 15 minutes or so I'm at 94%. Something tells me the servers are getting hammered by rabid Destiny fans. It's a good thing I'm above that sort of thing. ;-)

thanks bungie!

SHIIIIIII dont tell them!!!

PuMa

thanks bungie!

They lied, they said only 310s would be nerfed.

They didn't lie. Cozmo told us this is exactly what they were doing.

traveler

Not Wario
Luke Smith has recently said "raids are a special thing" and "a raid is not a promise" and they are certainly stretching Kings Fall out much longer than they did for either VoG or CE or even PoE in terms of both the power level of the loot drops and also in terms of the super long wait for any news about the other difficulty levels of the raid.

I realize Bungie doesn't have the manpower of a developer like Blizzard, who's built up multiple content teams over years and still struggles with delivering content at pace with their fanbases' desire, but I really hope we get at least one more raid. before next Fall. King's Fall is the biggest and best content they've produced yet, and it sounds like there's more to the hard modes than in previous raids, so I having it around a little longer than Vault or CE makes sense, but it can't last us a year and another PoE is not a suitable substitute. I get that they can't just buy and have a competent raid team out of nowhere, but I'd have much preferred paying $20 an expansion and getting the raids.

At least this is all conjecture at this point. Hopefully, we'll have a better idea of what the future content looks like in December or January at the latest.

GlamFM

Banned
Servers went into maintenance the moment we were about to kill Oryx.

4 Guardians for a quick Oryx kill?

1 sajj316
2 glamFM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom