• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure it is. If I have my hunter maxed, and find out that the sunbreaker is OP in trials, I can just pay to open up that potential immediately. Pay to win.

I mean.. sort of? You would still have to have a Titan at 40 already. But that's about as close to P2W as it currently gets. They should probably nerf Sunbreaker to stop that from happening...

... :p

Its a shortcut anyway, if Bungie is starting to messing aroud skill trees they would probably will experiment on weapons exp and character exp later on.

They've already tweaked both of those things before microtransactions came into play. There's been a series of re-balances to a number of systems because they're trying to figure out the sweet spot. I'm not saying people should be happy with all the changes but to not expect changes or to say that changes are inherently intertwined with microtransactions seems chicken little as all hell.

On its own probably not.
However, leveling my subclass in TTK seemed like it took a really long time. I wouldn't like having those two things in close proximity to one another.

I'm not sure what two things you're referring to? Subclass and Microtransactions?

matmanx1

Not real excited about weapon parts nerf. As a guy who likes to level up and try out many different weapons I am chronically short of weapon parts ( I think I have 9 right now. That's right, NINE).

As a loot game (of sorts) isn't it better to allow us to have more weapon parts and level up and test many different weapons?

Unless they are going to start selling weapon parts for silver (and so help me, I might be tempted) I don't understand this change.

Just saw the Iron Banner vendor pulse rifle rolls on reddit. Holy shit, it's a god roll, I'm so happy right now.

INVENTORY:

- Nirwen's Mercy (Pulse Rifle)(90 marks) - ROLL: Outlaw **/** Perfect Balance - Braced Frame - Injection Mold **/** Third Eye (also OAS scope) a.k.a near God roll

Now I just have to rank up Iron Banner without driving myself crazy.

1605571_o.gif

gotta get before trialssss

I know it was announced a few days ago, but I infused a 300 Spindle with two 310s before any announcement. Back to 290. Getting real tired of your shit Bungie.

Tecnniqe

Banned
That last time Destiny left me this bummed, Legendary could still turn into blue.

Lets get some IB going GAF, make me happy again!
CRN4pF-UEAQ2Niv.png:large

Also clan tag needs changing.

CARLTON IS DEAD

Kyne

For what? The next three months? The next year? Source?

for the rest of Destiny 1. The point of these microtransactions were to fund additional quests and stuff for the live team that will come free, but the trade off is that we don't get any huge updates like a raid. At work, but it's in the update with the microtransactions info I think.

Definity

there are no more raids coming.

think you mean 280.

--

why is the class item counting as the gear for this Iron Banner? Ugh.

edit: spindles have been nerfed to 290.

yeah, I know there are no raids but that live team at bungie better be working hard on getting content out the door! :)

Alucrid

Banned
This is not particularly different than Golden Gun or, to a lesser degree, Blademaster, though. You get 1 super typically in Trials- that's not as important as something you have every round like, say, the Striker's lightning grenade, even if your super does give you the round. It's not like the striker super doesn't give you a few percentage points towards a win either when it comes up.

You get the damage reduction of blade master coupled with the range of the Golden gun but with added aoe damage, twice the projectiles and possibly regenerate health per kill. A team of three semi competent titans can probably run train on anyone if they save one super per round.

I can't read this thread as fast as people are posting, craziness. Time to fire up the game. A few thoughts first:

Deep breaths everyone, we'll reach the bottom of this sine curve before you know it. Economy nerfs suck, not trying to defend any of the changes people dislike. They still can't let go and fully embrace a more generous Destiny experience despite the community constantly saying that's what they want. Even so, the nerfs don't seem that severe and time will tell how noticeable they are. Weapon parts are a serious problem though and have been since HoW.

But it's way too early to get ahead of ourselves about any pay2win micro transaction business. I fully support it if people with less time want to throw a few bucks into maxing their subclass. Let them play with all the fun abilities. It'll make them better PvE partners (great!) and won't affect PvP competition whatsoever (cool!). Someone who hasn't played enough to unlock blink in their Blade Dancer subclass isn't suddenly going to beat me in Trials because they have the blink ability.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So how many emotes can I change?

Can I purchase the two new emotes I want and equip both of them at the same time or is only one spot changeable?

SkylineRKR

The pulse looks very good, worse than my Hop but Y2. Though I don't see the use for the other 2 perks with Perfect Balance in the same row as it doesn't give a penalty.

fuck, messed up my infusion order, spindle is 309 now -.-'

Doesn't really matter for anything right now. Honestly, I only use mine at Golgoroth so I'll probably leave it at 290 or whatever it's at now. It getting knocked down kinda took the wind outta my sails as far as the weapon goes tbh. Really don't give much of a shit anymore.

LTWood12

I can't read this thread as fast as people are posting, craziness. Time to fire up the game. A few thoughts first:

Deep breaths everyone, we'll reach the bottom of this sine curve before you know it. Economy nerfs suck, not trying to defend any of the changes people dislike. They still can't let go and fully embrace a more generous Destiny experience despite the community constantly saying that's what they want. Even so, the nerfs don't seem that severe and time will tell how noticeable they are. Weapon parts are a serious problem though and have been since HoW.

But it's way too early to get ahead of ourselves about any pay2win micro transaction business. I fully support it if people with less time want to throw a few bucks into maxing their subclass. Let them play with all the fun abilities. It'll make them better PvE partners (great!) and won't affect PvP competition whatsoever (cool!). Someone who hasn't played enough to unlock blink in their Blade Dancer subclass isn't suddenly going to beat me in Trials because they have the blink ability.

Weapon parts and Spindle are the only things I'm pissed about. And boy am I pissy.

All the black spindles in my inventory / vault were set to 280 light. I have plenty of extra stuff to level one up to 300, but what a bummer.

Wait are you shitting me? 280? They said 290. Hoping this is a typo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom