• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

I accidentally wasted the spark I got when I switched over to ps4 and got the bundle. Always wanted a way to buy them. I was thinking something like $10 maybe. Not this bs...

Yeah $30 bucks is alot just to jump to level 25. Maybe if it was level 40, maxed out ex for the subclasses and light level something like 280. But just to level 25 alone assuming it doesnt level up the subclasses? Its a dick move IMO but eh..

Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my awesome exotic loots.. and my fatebringer... even my LDR. The OG Raid gears I've lost... the elemetal primary weapons I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past.

You're going to extract that engram?

Feorax

Levelling my new hunter, so returned to a lot of y1 content and weapons.

Reminds me just how far Bungie had come over that year. Shame they took so many steps back with TTK.

Been using the last word quite a lot recently but I think I found my new handcannon.

The Vanity from FWC comes with Litc and Firefly and is pretty good in pvp.

On another note I pre-ordered The Division last night. The latest video released made my decision to purchase.

Nyari

Neo Member
Been using the last word quite a lot recently but I think I found my new handcannon.

The Vanity from FWC comes with Litc and Firefly and is pretty good in pvp.

On another note I pre-ordered The Division last night. The latest video released made my decision to purchase.

The Vanity is a great gun but that combination of perks might crash the game for you...
it's a bug they haven't fixed yet

Feorax

Someone made an interesting point in the Destiny 2 thread about an easy mode raid that gives lesser rewards, but has matchmaking. I actually think, similar to PoE, that's entirely doable now.

Take KF for example.

- Begins as normal, but only 2 orb runs required to open portal

- As normal until ships jumping puzzle, where ships you need to jump on are indicated by a subtle glow or outline.

- Totems time to charge door runes significantly reduced.

- Warpriest can be dealt damage without buff. Buff increases damage x2. Less ads. Can self revive after 30s. No enrage.

- Golgoroth has same principles applied. Tablet of ruin disabled.

- Glowing light shows the path to take through piston puzzle.

- Daughters as normal but with significant HP decrease.

- Oryx follows same principles as Warpriest and Golgoroth above. Any bombs detonated do 1/16 health damage at any time. Less ads.

That's all perfectly doable with matchmaking I reckon. If that only awarded loot between 295 and 300, that's the best of everything right there. No more matchmaking whining, no more LFG nightmares, and a way to progress for those who just want to play solo.

deadduck

I'd like to see scalable raid difficulty, that moves with the light level goal posts.

The worst part of TKK was the addition of 1 good raid and the effective removal of VOG, CE and Skolas.

I'd like to see scalable raid difficulty, that moves with the light level goal posts.

The worst part of TKK was the addition of 1 good raid and the effective removal of VOG, CE and Skolas.

I miss VoG, was my favorite raid of the three.

Anybody up for NF? 295 Hunter. Reply back with your psn.

How is TLW is its current state?

Having not used it a lot in Y1 since I preferred Hawkmoon, I must say TLW now is pretty good. Depends on your play style, it's a great complement to snipers. When you get bored of the pulse/scout range engagements, TLW is great to change the pace and get up close.

Still suffers from phantom bullets so don't be surprised when 2 of 8 bullets disappear into thin air.

Feorax

I might do a post later about stuff I'd do going forward with Destiny. I did something similar before HoW came out and a fair bit of it ended up happening.

Anybody want to help me with paradox time to explain on Ps4? If I recall correctly when I did it on xbox there was a pretty tough boss fight at the end.

I just want a reason to do Vog and CE again. Up the difficulty and add challenges with new loot drops.

I would prefer new content. I don't need VoG or CE updated. I've ran those raids a dozen-billion-trillion times. Coming back to them as part of quests is cool, but I'd rather experience a new raid with fresh ideas and enemies. Don't get me wrong, VoG will always hold a special place in my heart, but I'm done with it. New stuff Bungie!

I miss VoG, was my favorite raid of the three.

Anybody up for NF? 295 Hunter. Reply back with your psn.

Anybody want to help me with paradox time to explain on Ps4? If I recall correctly when I did it on xbox there was a pretty tough boss fight at the end.

PSN: ruthlesbarbarian

Will help you with paradox. Then can do 3x nightfall.

Will be off my mic since i'll be playing the Witcher 3 OST while playing.

Feorax

Templar CM: block Teleport until kill. 320 Fatebringer hype.

Believe.

Still baffles me why Bungie didn't do similar to what they did with the spindle and move some of the better legendaries (VoC, Fatebringer, Hunger of Crota, etc) forward into TTK as exotics.

Would have meant fans kept the option of their favourites whilst still having to;

A. Work for them,

and

B. Think about their load outs much more carefully.

PSN: ruthlesbarbarian

Will help you with paradox. Then can do 3x nightfall.

Will be off my mic since i'll be playing the Witcher 3 OST while playing.

Thanks for the help, cheers!

I still have my Fatebringer, Black Hammer, VoC, and Corrective Measure in my vault. I might try using Fatebringer for arc burn NFs

I still have mine as well, can't bring myself to dismantle the main ones. Except for fatebringer. Been playing since day 1 and it still eludes me.

Namikaze1

So a while back, I wrote down that whole thing on Cabal invading the Last City. And I know Bungie have said that characters will carry over (nothing about gear though). If gear is not being carried over, then Bungie technically have a good story reason. They could just say that the Cabal destroyed the old vault system upon successfully capturing the old city and with it, all the weapons and armors we had to weaken us. Then Bungie could have Everis introduce a new vault system with more space and whatnot.

I just want a cabal expansion and more vault space. Is that too much to ask? -____-
So tired of the Hive. Give me something around the space turtles!

Just turned the cult ghost in too FWC from paradox daily. Now I wait until she calls me back for a new quest sometime in the future before I amass 1000 rep correct?

So a while back, I wrote down that whole thing on Cabal invading the Last City. And I know Bungie have said that characters will carry over (nothing about gear though). If gear is not being carried over, then Bungie technically have a good story reason. They could just say that the Cabal destroyed the old vault system upon successfully capturing the old city and with it, all the weapons and armors we had to weaken us. Then Bungie could have Everis introduce a new vault system with more space and whatnot.

I just want a cabal expansion and more vault space. Is that too much to ask? -____-
So tired of the Hive. Give me something around the space turtles!

I'm good with this.

Gammacide

The lack of new content has me a bit at a loss. So much so that I'm seriously considering killing 100 more VIPs just for the additional 5 grimoire points!! I'm chasing numbers again. Has Bungie made me a monster or have I always been one?

I still have my Fatebringer, Black Hammer, VoC, and Corrective Measure in my vault. I might try using Fatebringer for arc burn NFs

My man!

The lack of new content has me a bit at a loss. So much so that I'm seriously considering killing 100 more VIPs just for the additional 5 grimoire points!! I'm chasing numbers again. Has Bungie made me a monster or have I always been one?
...DGAF....I'm already a Number chasing demon....

Kyoufu

You've been chasing numbers since TTK launched so nothing really changed, did it? :p

I really hope they come up with a new power system or just go back to Year 1. Light Level chasing via crap infusion loot killed it for me.

Lima

Went into doubles alone thinking to myself this might be the dumbest idea ever. Get matched up with a decent random. We chat a bit and play some games together. Everything went better than expected.

ahem

10286823_10154174919941874_5613024740559914068_o.jpg

Plus have complete VoG raid armor for hunter and titan in the vault. Deleted warlock armor recently to make room for IB stuff.

Lol I was wondering what was happening.

too much wine tonight

Namikaze1

Reading the other thread right now. Seeing people asking for a new engine. Don't see that happening. Bungie would have to start from scratch. Gunplay is perfect where it's at right now. There are just two things I really want out of Destiny 2 and those may not even happen: custom games and dedicated servers. 60fps is not at the top of my list.

Campaign? Eh, Bungie showed with TTK that they are listening to the criticisms so I'm not worry on this.

Matchmaking? If you're gonna add MM to Nightfall, Daily, and the raid, give us the option to opt out. Some folks like to solo things. Plus, I enjoy watching folks solo the raids.

Reading the other thread right now. Seeing people asking for a new engine. Don't see that happening. Bungie would have to start from scratch. Gunplay is perfect where it's at right now. There are just two things I really want out of Destiny 2 and those may not even happen: custom games and dedicated servers. 60fps is not at the top of my list.

Campaign? Eh, Bungie showed with TTK that they are listening to the criticisms so I'm not worry on this.

Matchmaking? If you're gonna add MM to Nightfall, Daily, and the raid, give us the option to opt out. Some folks like to solo things. Plus, I enjoy watching folks solo the raids.

Why would they get a new engine? The gunplay is some of the best in the business.

I wouldn't mind matchmaking options for NF and dailys. Matchmaking for raids would need mic requirements for me to even try it. Would be nice for older stuff though. It is really hard getting a group together for year 1 raids.

Lima

The engine is documented to be pretty terrible.

Scraping and starting new isn't feasible of course. It's gonna be heavily edited for the next game or expansion whatever. Also hopefully they finally leave behind 360/PS3. Should give them some breathing room too.

WeTeHa

Why would they get a new engine? The gunplay is some of the best in the business.

I think the main problem people have with the engine is the rumor (?) that it takes bungie days to fix stuff related to level building stuff. Not sure exactly what it is, but I remember reading something like that.

Namikaze1

The engine is documented to be pretty terrible.

Scraping and starting new isn't feasible of course. It's gonna be heavily edited for the next game or expansion whatever. Also hopefully they finally leave behind 360/PS3. Should give them some breathing room too.
Oh yeah, engine is definitely gonna be heavily edited but I just don't get the new engine comments. I'm trying to look up Jason's article right now since I believe I saw it mentioned in the article that whatever content releases this fall will still need the current Destiny app to start.

How long ago did Call of Duty Modern Warfare come out, like a decade ago? CoD is still running on the same engine, though modified and improved.

Destiny 2 will use this same engine for 10 years too....betting on it.

Gammacide

You've been chasing numbers since TTK launched so nothing really changed, did it? :p

I really hope they come up with a new power system or just go back to Year 1. Light Level chasing via crap infusion loot killed it for me.
Haha! Yup, and once you get to 319 it is really hard to find good reasons to do the current endgame. I only do it because the people I do it with are great guys/gals. I agree that they need a new power system in the future because infusion via garbage RNG loot drops is really awful.

I just really miss year 1 I guess. It was a magical time to be a part of this community.

Top Bottom