• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Deku Tree

SRL got your 320 class item, get racing! :p

Lol I've completed over 250 races. I've gotten one 320 helmet and two 317 class items. At this point I'm not really improving my times and not having as much fun and I've lost interest in grinding to hope for a super lucky 320 drop. It feels pathological. Drop rates are horrible.

FyreWulff

Drop rates definitely seem to decrease in Rank 3, but don't know if this is an actual mechanic or just feels that way since it's given you all the shaders at that point (I've never gotten repeat shaders)

Deku Tree

Drop rates definitely seem to decrease in Rank 3, but don't know if this is an actual mechanic or just feels that way since it's given you all the shaders at that point (I've never gotten repeat shaders)

Not sure why Bungie made the class item drop rate like 20% of the helmet drop rate.

Biggy

I'm feeling thoroughly boo'd now :)

I also run a self-res sunsinger with Ram, and toasty grenades, in Trials...does that help at all?
bunk-the-wire.gif~c200

Shaders are account wide like faction shaders, once you get a shader, it gets taken out of the loot pool.

Horns though....ugh

I'm almost halfway to rank 6 and class items drop rate is just terrible. It definitely feels lower after rank 3. Glad I got a 320 class item last week, cause I have not seen another one since then.

Nothus

Lol I've completed over 250 races. I've gotten one 320 helmet and two 317 class items. At this point I'm not really improving my times and not having as much fun and I've lost interest in grinding to hope for a super lucky 320 drop. It feels pathological. Drop rates are horrible.

Sounds like you're having problems with the class item while I'm struggling to get a 320 helmet. Game keeps teasing me with 319s as well.

Definitely feel more likely to get one now that I'm rank 4 though. Doubt I'll make it to rank 5 before the end of the event :(

Edit: Oh shit, I just realised I'm not a junior member anymore! Woo!

You Sir, are an utter disgrace.

Thanks! ;-)

As genuine consolation, I looked myself up on the GG site. I am ranked 287,000th out of 310,000 players...i.e. I am in the bottom 7% of players.

My K/D is 0.48 and my win rate is 20%....

I'm the guy that all the good players here breeze past on the way to flawless :)

I am usually fairly cheerful when I play though! - Trust me when I say I need all the help I can get...

Namikaze1

How

Just how

I wasn't even trying in that race. Started off very slowly to complete the gates hit bounty and still ended up getting first.

Just two more races then. Will have to take it extra slow.

Unless Venus.

Namikaze1

Shaders rarely look good on Hunters. Only a few do.

Lol! Saw that it said raid activity is too hard and I'm here like "but I'm 319!"

I then noticed my light level was 223. Whoops. Forgot about the racing suit.

Any sign of 50 fragments unlocking anything new? e.g. a time gated quest?

EDIT - looks like no...or of course with possible time gated stuff the answer can only ever be..."well not yet"

double edit -

It's not the classic "they drop later once you've hit orbit"?

50 fragments doesn't give you anything? Wow, that's just a strange direction to go with all of build up they gave the "secrets" hidden away in the dark corners of the Dreadnaught. TTK: Chase the Number

I hear Thorn is back too! :(

How can I increase my chances of getting more SRL shaders? Does being rank 3 help?

It's all rng. And if anything, your chances might even get lower once you're rank 3. That's how it's been for me. I got all the shaders before rank 3 and I was also getting a ton of helmets, now I get nothing but motes and blue engrams.

Top Bottom