• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Namikaze1

^^ I'm so sorry, Ape.

I've been told for years just one thing about Australia: everything is out to kill you. Won't be long before some scientist finds a flying spider breed in that deathtrap of a continent. Well, if they haven't already.

I was using Smallbore on my other with Rangefinder. I wanted that extra range. But then on LT's advice I swapped to Braced Frame and holy f--- does it melt fools.

giphy.gif

Can't wait to use this Counterbalance one.
I need to start using mine again. The counterbalance one just completely owns. Mine is persistence, counterbalance, and I can't remember the middle perks.

Are auto rifles actually worth using now? Why would anybody chase one?
Fig, this is why we don't go on extended breaks. You miss out on important things like this. Doctrine with counterbalance is a beast and the most sought after roll for said weapon. Hell, it's the most sought after Trials primary. Shit kills.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Your people used to send prisoners there. All UK people have a healthy fear of that godless land.

Something something great expectations plot.
Something something finding nemo plot.
'Straya. But it was the British who sent the convicts to Aus, not the Irish :)

SnakeEyes

Banned
I've been told for years just one thing about Australia: everything is out to kill you. Won't be long before some scientist finds a flying spider breed in that deathtrap of a continent. Well, if they haven't already.
Flying Spiders, you say?

Anyway, before Ghaleon perma-bans everyone for being off-topic again - how many people have started to seriously consider walking away from Destiny altogether? Considering how JFry's article now outlines that there isn't going to be any "real" content update for quite some time, who else is ready to just pack it all in and move on?

Fig, this is why we don't go on extended breaks. You miss out on important things like this. Doctrine with counterbalance is a beast and the most sought after roll for said weapon. Hell, it's the most sought after Trials primary. Shit kills.

But I needed us to take a break, Nami. Get a clearer picture of where the future is headed.

I think I might have a Doctrine with Counterbalance already. Or I might have infused it. Oh well.

@Igor: you still around? How long you gonna be up tonight? I've been distracted by real life and haven't hooked up the Cronus yet but I'm still down for more games tonight. Although I'm guessing it might be pushing your bedtime...

Spoiler-tagged because Drizzay was freaking out :p

Being considerate of people in this community is not "freaking out." We've had the arachnophobia conversation like 10 times. Just be nice. Try to make this a nice place for people to visit. I shouldn't have to ask 3 times for basic thoughtfulness. /spider ranting

Flying Spiders, you say?

Anyway, before Ghaleon perma-bans everyone for being off-topic again - how many people have started to seriously consider walking away from Destiny altogether? Considering how JFry's article now outlines that there isn't going to be any "real" content update for quite some time, who else is ready to just pack it all in and move on?

Certainly, over the last month or so I've thought plenty of times that I can't imagine playing this game again on the regular. But fuck you guys, I can't leave. Our bond is too strong.

Unless you could the export of alcoholism? Or do we blame that on the Scots? :)

I'd blame both.

maomaoIYP

Got a binary dawn with Close and/or Personal.
Tried it out with the double melee bag of dicks stormcaller build......the perk doesn't proc with super far melees.

Namikaze1

Flying Spiders, you say?

I may take a long ass break. Thinking of joining iRAWR and just wait for destiny 2 to drop before returning.

Savage Nami.

One day.
Didn't Todd get one with counterbalance in one of our recent runs? Anyway, yours awaits for you tomorrow at Mercury.

GhaleonEB

Flying Spiders, you say?

For me, Destiny has simply become a game I come back to when there are activities I want to run. It was my main game for it's first year, but now it's settled into that game I come back to when new stuff lands. I'll probably treat the big expansions like a new game and have that be my main for a while, as with TTK. I left it happy, and I want to come back. I just need more stuff to come back to.

I've never banned anyone for going off topic, BTW. :p

SnakeEyes

Banned
For me, Destiny has simply become a game I come back to when there are activities I want to run. It was my main game for it's first year, but now it's settled into that game I come back to when new stuff lands. I'll probably treat the big expansions like a new game and have that be my main for a while, as with TTK.

I've never banned anyone for going off topic, BTW. :p
I just figured I'd cover my bases ;-)

Let's just take the community with us. This should not be DestinyGAF, but FriendGAF.

I raid with the same six guys since December. I run one toon on our 3x Challenge Modes. Stay up till 1-2am playing with them on a weeknight. Don't care about loot even.

They're just fun to hang out with and share joys & frustrations.

I didn't think people STILL hated Destiny. Not because the game got better with all the fixes and expansions(it did) and it deserves a pass, but because it came out so long ago. People are still holding a grudge.
I guess the OT and my real life friends who play it have created a bubble around me. Shit.

I didn't think people STILL hated Destiny. Not because the game got better with all the fixes and expansions(it did) and it deserves a pass, but because it came out so long ago. People are still holding a grudge.
I guess the OT and my real life friends who play it have created a bubble around me. Shit.

It's a game you love to hate.

I hate it. And like it at the same time.

There are people who will hate Destiny for as long as they live. Maybe not as vehemently as they did when it first came out or as vocally as they do now, but they'll still hate it. Just look at MGS4. That's the nature of the industry.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'll come on one condition: no spider pics. :p
I'm sure that can be accomodated. Dunno about any that Ruthles may take selfies with though...

I raid with the same six guys since December. I run one toon on our 3x Challenge Modes. Stay up till 1-2am playing with them on a weeknight. Don't care about loot even.

They're just fun to hang out with and share joys & frustrations.
Yeah my group was always like that too. Until CoD and NHL came out. Now I'm lucky if I get to raid when Nami has a spare spot open ;_;
Although I do play CoD with them.

It's a game you love to hate.

I hate it. And like it at the same time.

I'm not going to lie, I love talking shit about Destiny. Playing crucible while talking with my friends about how fucked a lot of aspects of the game are and how we think they should fix it is a great pastime.

I still really like Destiny though. I can't help it.

Ok I'm not playing on XBox Trials right now. WaR Bulletproof is running a 9-0 train nonstop. I'd cry if I faced him as final boss but it would be super fun just to experience it.

klaushm

It is easy to know why people hate destiny.

What do you think about sparow racing? Awesome, right? Most of US wanted it. What about it been time limited? It drained my soul hahahaha.

I've just played the last hour, so... Damn.

Namikaze1

Nami, come do oryx w/ Hawk and I for ol' times sake
Would join but I'm too tired plus the ps4 is downstairs and I'm comfortably in bed. :p

If only I still had my vita...

I'm sure that can be accomodated. Dunno about any that Ruthles may take selfies with though...

Yeah my group was always like that too. Until CoD and NHL came out. Now I'm lucky if I get to raid when Nami has a spare spot open ;_;
Although I do play CoD with them.
I'm actually thinking about quitting reset raiding. I pretty much have everything where I want it to be. Have like 6 320 raid special weapons in the vault saved up. My main is 320 and my alts 319. My preferred PvE/PvP weapons are at 320. I'm pretty much done.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thank you guys so much for the Denon S900 recommendation, I just got it all set up and waow, I didn't expect to hear a difference but I really do. I never really got the previous one set up to perfection, but this thing had the Audyssey mic automatic calibration, gat damn that ish is from the future

edit: yes chur come partake.

There are people who will hate Destiny for as long as they live. Maybe not as vehemently as they did when it first came out or as vocally as they do now, but they'll still hate it. Just look at MGS4. That's the nature of the industry.

I don't want to turn this into any kind of competition or system wars or anything, but I constantly hear people say how disappointed people were with Destiny and how far Bungie has fallen and this confuses me. I like the Halo games, but are they really that highly revered that Destiny is a terrible game in comparison? Do you guys like the Halo games more than Destiny? Personally for me none of the Halo games come close in gameplay or amount of content. The story is worse, but Halo doesn't have a great story either.
It's just strange to me how hard this game's broken promises hit some people.

Namikaze1

It is easy to know why people hate destiny.

What do you think about sparow racing? Awesome, right? Most of US wanted it. What about it been time limited? It drained my soul hahahaha.

I've just played the last hour, so... Damn.
Sparrow racing was cool for like a few hours. Then it became tedious. After those first couple of hours, all most were doing was farming the event for 320 helmets and class items.

Top Bottom