• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Everyone is too busy being upset about Destiny to actually play it right now :p

#OT40

Snark aside, lotta salt recently not even about Destiny as is, but about Bladedancer nerfs & cosmetics not for sale. Our salt exceeds space time:

...a causal loop within the DGAF's mechanism, suggesting that the salting process somehow binds space and time into…​

So I have an Oryx CP, is it possible to save it for reset?

Yes. Log into the CP before reset. Have a friend log in after reset and join you. You can go to orbit so your account is updated for the new week, then join back on your friend and wipe once or twice to make sure it's saved. To double check you can go back to orbit and try to restart the raid (press square instead of X). It should give you a warning that you already have progress saved on the raid, so just cancel out and the CP is saved for the new week.

Dthomp

I'm semi-paying attention around orbit. Anybody want to team up for trials bounties? Still need to do them with my titan. PSN is Dthomp, doesn't have to be super serious unless you want it to be, I'd love to learn and keep improving

That sounds wondrous.

I kill the first guy, blink over the Titan and swipe forward to go for the revives. Somehow that translated into me chasing dat booty into a smash 20 feet in the opposite direction. Thisisdestiny.gif

giphy.gif

That sounds like something that would happen in Oryx during Aura of Immortality, I remembered dying from being splatted into the wall from a crazy thrall melee.

On our Xbox run last night, I got revived then blinked up and popped my blade. Somehow I got physics'ed straight up and was splattered against the invisible ceiling at the top of the map. Crushed against the sky basically. I wanted to save the clip but was in too much shock to record it in time.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm cracking up at the blueberry on our team. He's just running in and taking on everybody. Gives no fucks. Too bad that didn't really help out the team.

Still one spot.

I kill the first guy, blink over the Titan and swipe forward to go for the revives. Somehow that translated into me chasing dat booty into a smash 20 feet in the opposite direction. Thisisdestiny.gif

I'm glad we are both increasing each other's blood pressure in turn :p

Dthomp

Still looking for 2 others who would want to run some trials for the bounties. Will be online for a while so if you want them LMK

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Someone add me to Kings Fall HM run for reset please

Can a GraveRobber get to have some Raid fun ;(

Mindlog

I might be on for reset Nightfall depending on the weather and what strike comes up.
Hoping for small arms. I like small arms.

Grisby

If we can figure out a schedule that works for everyone I'm happy to help with any newbies interested in raiding.

Yeah, sadly the vendors and Xur only sell 280 gear so anything you buy has to be infused up. Blues can actually drop up to 300 Light but they can't be infused themselves so you can put them into a Legendary that you like. Legendaries get a minimum of 6 light from infusion, exotic items get a minimum of 4.

So in your example infusing a 285 into a 280 purple cloak would bring that cloak up to 285. But let's say you had a 280 exotic weapon, it would only go to 284 light if you used that same 285 blue. Personally I wouldn't bother infusing that small amount, just wait until you get a higher light item so you can make a bigger jump at once. You can use the following website to calculate exactly how much you'd get from any given infusion:

http://www.destinyinfused.com/

The game is so dead that it's pretty tough to group up for much of anything around here nowadays but if we can find enough people and schedules work out I'm happy to help newbie raid. Maybe you can group up with the people I quoted above, we'll just play it by ear.
Thanks a lot for the extended answer, and the website. Yeah, if there were a few other newbies running around here it could make for a fun time.

I think I'd go the FF14 route and watch a vid before hand as to not weigh anyone down.

On the loot front, I think I might just hang out in crucible. I've always enjoyed the pvp in Destiny and I just got a IL292 from it, so that might be my best bet atm.

NeOak

Thanks a lot for the extended answer, and the website. Yeah, if there were a few other newbies running around here it could make for a fun time.

I think I'd go the FF14 route and watch a vid before hand as to not weigh anyone down.

On the loot front, I think I might just hang out in crucible. I've always enjoyed the pvp in Destiny and I just got a IL292 from it, so that might be my best bet atm.

You'll have to raid or do Trials to get anything above 300 until PoE 41 and whatever is new in April.

Dez_

Iron Banner pvp is starting tomorrow. Leveling up the ranks there will get you some 300+ gear.

If I'm not mistaken you'll receive a 310 artifact at rank 3, and at rank 5 you'll get a 310 ghost, along with another piece of gear or weapon that is in the 300 range. Hoping that Destiny Gaf is not dead enough that there will be people to group up in for matches. Had some really fun games in the past.

ZeroCoin

Had a lot of fun in control tonight. Even managed to pull together some passable performances.

Finished up a few rift wins after leaving the train and completed my shaxx bounties. Of course they only got me a bad ghost shell and 18 strange coins. Sigh.

Dez_

Had a lot of fun in control tonight. Even managed to pull together some passable performances.

Finished up a few rift wins after leaving the train and completed my shaxx bounties. Of course they only got me a bad ghost shell and 18 strange coins. Sigh.
Strange coins and 3oC are probably the only good thing left to get out of those. Occasionally an exotic has dropped, which is always cool when it does. I honestly want an emote to drop now. Something that actually costs money has a bit more value to it, since I don't have any interest in paying for it.

Shaxx bounties
1 NL sahdow at 291
1 ghost at 304
1 dragons breath at 310

1 NF = some crappy shotgun = shards

And 3oC insist on giving me gauntlets and boots. I want my primaries. Hawkmoon,Red Death and Mida still to drop. Almost like chasing hawkmoon and ghorn on year 1

Top Bottom