• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

WipedOut

I liked Golgy the most, very hectic yet coordinated

I know I'm in the minority but my favorite part of the raid is the jumping ship puzzle part. But sadly no one ever runs it.

Edit top of the page:

IDjzUEx.png

WipedOut

I love the ship jumping part because it reminds me of Independence Day, and I've been saying that since day 1 lol.

I still remember when it took you like 35 minutes to get across it while on your warlock.

Ranks of there with "Wipe cover me" as two wizards come out.

Deku Tree

If anyone is curious. Marty O'Donnell did an AMA yesterday:
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/4cd2gy/hi_im_marty_odonnell_audio_director_and_composer/

It's... kind of sad...

He drops some pretty big hints that he wants 343 to ask him to come back. Drops some expected kickstarter links for his newer projects. And answers a lot of questions with 1 word answers.

I doubt that 343 would be able to hire Marty even if the upper management really wanted too. IMO there is no way that MS would let them to hire someone who might quit and take every opportunity possible to make anti-343 pot shots in the news media.

Besides doesn't Halo already have a good music team? Why would they want to bring in somebody would would need to come in as the head of all sound in Halo?

E92 M3

I still remember when it took you like 35 minutes to get across it while on your warlock.

Ranks of there with "Wipe cover me" as two wizards come out.

Yeah the first time I was doing it completely wrong lol. Good times. Destiny definitely left a lot of memories.

I doubt that 343 would be able to hire Marty even if the upper management really wanted too. IMO there is no way that MS would let them to hire someone who might quit and take every opportunity possible to make anti-343 pot shots in the news media.

Besides doesn't Halo already have a good music team? Why would they want to bring in somebody would would need to come in as the head of all sound in Halo?

Oh certainly. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it would simply be a conflict of interest since Marty still has a "seat" on the Bungie board of directors.

As for Halo music, I'm pretty sure they just contract that out now, rather than pay an in house team to do it, but someone who stayed more loyal to the Halo franchise might have to confirm or deny that.

The guy definitely has a knack for that media attention, though.

WipedOut

Good old days of 3 hunters. Stop hitting me with nostalgia wipe!

Heavy Ammo Glitch
Homey and his 3 titans
Titan Bubble and Gjallarhorning bosses in PoE
Lunchtime Shenanigans.
NFx3 on tuesday after work.
Homey taking a Gym Break then Crota x3 and Atheon x3.

Ah, the good ole days before TTK.

Oh and how to could I forget TTK Y'all

X-Frame

So tomorrow's stream should announce that they're releasing all the rest of the class exotics in the April update, correct?

I'm talking about the Thagomizers, the Dunemarchers, etc. Plus hopefully the rest of the Year 1 exotics like Universal Remote and Patience and Time, Eternal Warrior, Glasshouse, so on.

Trakan

So tomorrow's stream should announce that they're releasing all the rest of the class exotics in the April update, correct?

I'm talking about the Thagomizers, the Dunemarchers, etc. Plus hopefully the rest of the Year 1 exotics like Universal Remote and Patience and Time, Eternal Warrior, Glasshouse, so on.

There's six "new" exotics left, and the last time exotics were added they only gave us two. I could see them stretching them out even further.

WeTeHa

Hey Wetaman! Can you save me a spot on the 3xKF if you make a group?

Sure. Don't know if we're running it though, because of Iron Banner (and the light cap increase). I'd be down to do it if we can get a daughters/oryx CP though. Will probably post a list later and see if we can even get 6 people.

There's six "new" exotics left, and the last time exotics were added they only gave us two. I could see them stretching them out even further.

I don't think even they can be that stupid. The Shinobu's Vow's will be game breaking though if skip nades aren't nerfed

Trakan

I don't think even they can be that stupid. The Shinobu's Vow's will be game breaking though if skip nades aren't nerfed

I can easily see them doing two more small events or updates by the time the fall expansion hits where they'd release a couple each time. I hope they're in this update though.

Most likely. As well as whatever the new Event stuff is, and the deal with those shaders, and weapon shader chroma things.

The Stream is titles "New things to Earn"

7 exotics isn't it? Thought, I'm pretty sure the only reason we got the two we already have is because of a bug in the system that had allowed very few players access to those two exotics earlier than intended. Thus, Bungie just made them available sooner than planned. Especially since there wasn't a new Warlock one to go with it.

I'm pretty sure there are 3 new Warlock exotics, 2 Hunter, and 2 Titan.

There is a chance we'll finally see some new exotic weapons as well. Maybe that Firelord thing...

Actually...

Is there any chance that the FireLord we saw was actually just a ThunderLord with a Red Chroma?

X-Frame

Most likely. As well as whatever the new Event stuff is, and the deal with those shaders, and weapon shader chroma things.

7 exotics isn't it? Thought, I'm pretty sure the only reason we got the two we already have is because of a bug in the system that had allowed very few players access to those two exotics earlier than intended. Thus, Bungie just made them available sooner than planned. Especially since there wasn't a new Warlock one to go with it.

There is a chance we'll finally see some new exotic weapons as well. Maybe that Firelord thing...

Actually...

Is there any chance that the FireLord we saw was actually just a ThunderLord with a Red Chroma?

Mind blown. That makes the most sense.

Daemul

What this I've been hearing about a Sunsinger nerf? Have Bungie finally realized that the subclass is cheap as fuck and needs to be nerfed? My curiosity has been piqued.

9qc6pdm.gif

Good old days of 3 hunters. Stop hitting me with nostalgia wipe!

I used to have one of each class and it was cool and all, but I got tired of needing to adapt to the jumps and stuff everytime I switched class, and I rarely played the other two classes. I eventually settled on having three Hunters in order to fully master the class instead of becoming a jack of all trades.

Having three of one class is nowhere near as redundant or boring as some people make it out to be. It's actually a massive time saver since all three characters share the exact same gear.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
HI all,

I'm more or less back now after a bit of an internet break and a week away from home. Will be continuing to run Newbie raids from here on.

I have to apologize to randomZer0 and Existenz1 who signed up for a Newbie raid through the form even though there was no upcoming date. Gotta appreciate the enthusiasm, lol! But unfortunately I have no clue if either of you can make the actual raid which will be this Thursday, so I need to clear the form. Please do sign back up if you can make it!

We'll be doing a newbie King's Fall on Thursday, 3/31, at 8:00PM ET. All are welcome of course- minimum Light is 280.

Sign-up Here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DcCXWHn5EYFKlJmPjawNCHovK8v9IrBORo3WrcPfTE8/edit

(5 spots remaining)

E92 M3

What this I've been hearing about a Sunsinger nerf? Have Bungie finally realized that the subclass is cheap as fuck and needs to be nerfed? My curiosity has been piqued.

9qc6pdm.gif

I used to have one of each class and it was cool and all, but I got tired of needing to adapt to the jumps and stuff everytime I switched class, and I rarely played the other two classes. I eventually settled on having three Hunters in order to fully master the class instead of becoming a jack of all trades.

Having three of one class is nowhere near as redundant or boring as some people make it out to be. It's actually a massive time saver since all three characters share the exact same gear.

I ended up hating having 3 classes and missing out on cool gear. In fact, I love the Warlock and Titan a lot more than my OG hunter lol. In the beginning, it was a huge hassle to have 3 classes, though. TTK made it much better.

LTWood12

Actually...

Mind blown. That makes the most sense.

No it's definitely not just a chroma glow. The thing has flames coming out of it, and shows a solar damage icon on the HUD. I'm wagering it's either cut content, a new exotic we've yet to see, or the result of a new material that'll let you change the element of weapons.
WjMcuvAh.png

Nicodemic

Sure. Don't know if we're running it though, because of Iron Banner (and the light cap increase). I'd be down to do it if we can get a daughters/oryx CP though. Will probably post a list later and see if we can even get 6 people.

Do'h! Forgot today is Iron Banner! Well, I'm in anyway if it works.

Tri4

I hope they don't nerf skips since they're fine at the moment. The best thing to do would be just to make the exotic let you hold 2 skips without buffing their tracking.

WeTeHa, we both know we will not reach 320 until the update.

Count me in for the raid too (if it happens). I think Pandora might have the CP .

Not I. I might have fallen asleep instead of transferring my CP.....

Nicodemic

Count me in for the raid too (if it happens). I think Pandora might have the CP .

Have I said how wonderful it is to play with Pandora? Such skills and talent, something to behold truly. We are very lucky to share Destiny with a guardian of this caliber!

All of this true if she has the checkpoint.

WipedOut

Have I said how wonderful it is to play with Pandora? Such skills and talent, something to behold truly. We are very lucky to share Destiny with a guardian of this caliber!

All of this true if she has the checkpoint.

All of that is kinda true, she is easily distracted by Digimon though.

Top Bottom