• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Lnkn52

Seriously there's like 5 people left working on the live game. How do you not even change the rolls on the iron banner weapons? Maybe this is bothering me more than it should, but good grief it just seems pathetic.
The game has been on Cruise Control for a while now.

As a reminder, nothing they announce tomorrow will matter as long as this stays the same:

10593011_797503026959969_2408372348910650633_n.jpg

GhaleonEB

As a reminder, nothing they announce tomorrow will matter as long as this stays the same:

10593011_797503026959969_2408372348910650633_n.jpg

I'll be happy if the new gear actually adds new abilities, builds and expands viable play styles. Other than how I turn invisible, and my super, I don't think either the new Hunter class or all the new gear since HoW has added anything to affect how I play at all. Swords were added, which are a big deal, but at the cost of shotguns, which was detrimental overall to PvE, IMO.

If the new gear is different designs with the same mix of slightly different perks, it won't be exciting to get, no matter how they dole it out.

I'm too lazy to do detailed stats from the weekend but here's some lazy ones:

Code:
[u]XB1:[/u]
46 Wins / 16 Losses
1.65 K/D
2 LH trips
Trials Playtime: 9 Hours and 46 Minutes

[u]PS4:[/u]
26 Wins / 4 Losses
1.38 K/D
3 LH trips
Trials Playtime: 4 Hours and 35 Minutes

[u]Total:[/u]
72 Wins / 20 Losses
5 LH trips
Trials Playtime: 14 Hours and 21 Minutes

First time going 5 times in 1 weekend for sure. Most was either 3 or 4 and happened only once. Final 6th trip was denied from a no-boon run that went 8-0 until losing to final boss 2-5 somehow. I should have called it quits after that... lost 2 games in a row on a 4-0 with mercy card after and i was done. It was way too late and I've easily reached burnt out limit from Frontier.

PS4 was done with only Drizz and Igor all 3 runs.
XB1 was mostly LFG, with 1 card Drizz and Axo.

So... 14/20 or 70% of my losses was with LFG. Only 6 total losses with DGAF.

They should add a fourth panel showing a Division Agent spending an hour in the DZ and getting just a High End Performance Mod (only Division players will get the joke sadly)

EWWW Performance mod EWW EWW EWW!!!

I need a HE firearms or stamina mod :D

I haven't played The Division in almost a week. Feels weird.

It's pretty obvious that Bungie is putting in minimal effort for y2. The majority of their team is probably on Destiny 2.

I wonder what e3 will bring for Destiny. It's probably too soon for Destiny 2 stuff. Y3 dlc seems more likely.

I'm too lazy to do detailed stats from the weekend but here's some lazy ones:

Somebody else doing stats?

whatsisters.gif

That's my thing! First Nami comes for my Team. Now X comes for my stats!

just kidding. Nice to see more stats. Also very jealous of your 5 lighthouse visits when I broke my 6 weekend streak.

It's pretty obvious that Bungie is putting in minimal effort for y2. The majority of their team is probably on Destiny 2.

I wonder what e3 will bring for Destiny. It's probably too soon for Destiny 2 stuff. Y3 dlc seems more likely.

I wish they can just tell us that. Any roadmaps would be insightful.

But oh well. I'm expecting only PvP until Sept. regardless, with a few challenge PoEs at the start up April update.

IB armor/weapons have the same rolls as the last time they were offered. Kor, curious to know if you'd consider that lazy.

I don't see what makes that lazy. I have other problems with the loot rotations of iron banner, but this isn't one of them.

Personally. I'm a big fan of static perks on specific weapons. I think every raid scout rifle should have the same perks. Every trials hand cannon should have the same perks. Every iron banner sniper. Etc...

It's one of those areas where I don't thing RNG should ever come into play because if and when it does, it just creates a bunch of white whales which usually just leads to disappointment, or at the very least settling.

whatsisters.gif

just kidding. Nice to see more stats. Also very jealous of your 5 lighthouse visits when I broke my 6 weekend streak.

Hahaha I love stats as well. Now we have excellent resources like destinytrialsreport.com having the past week's stats and the heat map of playtime from reddit. Normally I'd input the information from gaurdian GG into Excel and do more analysis but I'm too lazy for that right now :p

whatsisters.gif

This is what happens when you keep posting about loot instead of working on that PvP blog :p

I'm looking forward to some IB Titan Defender shenanigans tonight. Love IB control so much.

Lnkn52

Damn you Lnkn. I can't believe I watched that for 10 minutes Hahaha. I wish I could play the guitar.

Also, screw the dark souls 3 trailer on Twitch. I don't want to see any of that!

I'm totally entertained. Compare to WYL where all he does is eat on stream.

LTWood12

I don't see what makes that lazy. I have other problems with the loot rotations of iron banner, but this isn't one of them.

Personally. I'm a big fan of static perks on specific weapons. I think every raid scout rifle should have the same perks. Every trials hand cannon should have the same perks. Every iron banner sniper. Etc...

It's one of those areas where I don't thing RNG should ever come into play because if and when it does, it just creates a bunch of white whales which usually just leads to disappointment, or at the very least settling.

Except iron banner weapons DON'T have static perks. im a fan of static perks too, but that has nothing to do with this.

NeOak

If anyone is curious. Marty O'Donnell did an AMA yesterday:
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/4cd2gy/hi_im_marty_odonnell_audio_director_and_composer/

It's... kind of sad...

He drops some pretty big hints that he wants 343 to ask him to come back. Drops some expected kickstarter links for his newer projects. And answers a lot of questions with 1 word answers.

I doubt that 343 would be able to hire Marty even if the upper management really wanted too. IMO there is no way that MS would let them to hire someone who might quit and take every opportunity possible to make anti-343 pot shots in the news media.

Besides doesn't Halo already have a good music team? Why would they want to bring in somebody would would need to come in as the head of all sound in Halo?

I think Frankie, when asked about g getting Marty for H5, said that they would love to, but that it was too late for that game.

No idea about Halo 6, but who knows. And while Halo 5 has better music than Halo 4, Marty's style is different.

Eight days until we find out what weapons get hit with the nerf bat right?

Honestly hope no weapons get touched and they only look at subclasses.

Hmmm... sometimes TLW gets phantom bullets but I guess they can possibly make it worse by trying to fix it?

Mida has too big of a mag, IMO.

Truth sucks now, they could bring that back to the old ways.

But yea, subclass + melee/blade/up-close crap need to be fixed.

Except iron banner weapons DON'T have static perks. im a fan of static perks too, but that has nothing to do with this.

I was transitioning into another discussion.

He asked if I thought it was lazy, I said no.

But I didn't want to give the impression that I still thought it was okay, as I have other issues with the system.

Unpopular opinion, but I wouldn't mind if they tuned down the range a bit on the Doctrine.

From what I've heard on several streams, I wouldn't say it's an unpopular opinion. Most of the people I play with agree that it could definitely be brought down. I saved a clip of an especially egregious example from last weekend:

giphy.gif

With no Trials, 3 days to play other games wohoo. I think I'll finally start Bloodborne DLC since DS3 is in 2 weeks.

I had the same desire to knock it out before DS3 drops, so I cracked out and beat the whole thing one night last week. Took about 30 minutes to readjust to "Souls-style" but after that it didn't take too long to clear. I liked it a lot even if it's not on the level of Artorias of the Abyss DLC. Most definitely worth your time.

Deku Tree

I think Frankie, when asked about g getting Marty for H5, said that they would love to, but that it was too late for that game.

No idea about Halo 6, but who knows. And while Halo 5 has better music than Halo 4, Marty's style is different.

That's the only reasonable thing a guy like Frankie can say in Public though when asked about it. To me it doesn't mean that much.

I had the same desire to knock it out before DS3 drops, so I cracked out and beat the whole thing one night last week. Took about 30 minutes to readjust to "Souls-style" but after that it didn't take too long to clear. I liked it a lot even if it's not on the level of Artorias of the Abyss DLC. Most definitely worth your time.

Dude how'd you do that? I don't even want to touch the last guy. What slvl are you?

From what I've heard on several streams, I wouldn't say it's an unpopular opinion. Most of the people I play with agree that it could definitely be brought down. I saved a clip of an especially egregious example from last weekend:

giphy.gif

B I G S P R A Y S

Oh nice that was quick! Sounds good :D

stay gold

does the Red Spectre actually have 24 impact?

Nah the stat bar is bugged, I think it's 12 impact. Thought I had a gem when my first one dropped lol.

Regarding the update; if they nerf any primaries, even the Doctrine, I will have to consider whether I want to keep playing this game. It's blatantly obvious that the game plays better when primaries are in the 0.7-0.8s ttk range. Buffs across the board are what we should be seeing.

Lnkn52

giphy.gif

This game does not need a UI. Look at that scope, so good.

LTWood12

Nah the stat bar is bugged, I think it's 12 impact. Thought I had a gem when my first one dropped lol.

Regarding the update; if they nerf any primaries, even the Doctrine, I will have to consider whether I want to keep playing this game. It's blatantly obvious that the game plays better when primaries are in the 0.7-0.8s ttk range. Buffs across the board are what we should be seeing.

12 would still be higher than what is normal for that archetype which is 8. hmmmm

I have an idea FOR IB . An all Titan bubble train with Touch of Malice Hahaha. 2 Blessing, 2 Weapons and 2 Armor. Split into 2 groups with 1 of each and GG WORLD!

Top Bottom