• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Have I said how wonderful it is to play with Pandora? Such skills and talent, something to behold truly. We are very lucky to share Destiny with a guardian of this caliber!

All of this true if she has the checkpoint.

I'm just going to take this at face value.

All of that is kinda true, she is easily distracted by Digimon though.

I believe it is time to let that go. It was only one time....I think....

WeTeHa

Anybody interested in running oryx CM? Does anybody have daughters or oryx cp?

1. WeTeHa
2. Nicodemic
3. Light_Knight_Sky
4. Pandora012 (?)

When does IB start? 1 hour or 2 hours from now? I'm asking because of the daylight savings time thingy.

WeTeHa, we both know we will not reach 320 until the update.
I know :( After the update it'll be forever 334. Interested in joining for the raid?

Holy fuck.

I'd have just left the game at that point.

I didn't have that exact scenario happen, but I did have the unfortunate opportunity to play against a team of 6 (pre-made) Gunslingers yesterday. You can imagine how well that went...

No idea how we didn't trigger mercy.

What sucks is I back out of matchmaking. Waited a few minutes before I jumped back in, and got stuck against them again...

This match wasn't as bad, but it still sucked, especially because I was running defender, and those bubbles were useless.

After backing out of matchmaking again. I gave it close to 5 minutes this time.

Anyone want to take a guess who I got matched up against for the third match?

Hint:
Their Guns were Golden

Anybody interested in running oryx CM? Does anybody have daughters or oryx cp?

1. WeTeHa
2. Nicodemic
3. Light_Knight_Sky
4. Pandora012 (?)

When does IB start? 1 hour or 2 hours from now? I'm asking because of the daylight savings time thingy.

I know :( After the update it'll be forever 334. Interested in joining for the raid?

Only if we don't have to do Totems.

Trakan

Most likely. As well as whatever the new Event stuff is, and the deal with those shaders, and weapon shader chroma things.

The Stream is titles "New things to Earn"

7 exotics isn't it? Thought, I'm pretty sure the only reason we got the two we already have is because of a bug in the system that had allowed very few players access to those two exotics earlier than intended. Thus, Bungie just made them available sooner than planned. Especially since there wasn't a new Warlock one to go with it.

I'm pretty sure there are 3 new Warlock exotics, 2 Hunter, and 2 Titan.

There is a chance we'll finally see some new exotic weapons as well. Maybe that Firelord thing...

Actually...

Is there any chance that the FireLord we saw was actually just a ThunderLord with a Red Chroma?

My thought process was they needed those exotics to last until the next big expansion which I believe was going to be Destiny 2 until the mixup. You could be right though. I'd be absolutely shocked if we got new exotics beyond what's been datamined already though. There's a firelord and voidlord in the database already.

My thought process was they needed those exotics to last until the next big expansion which I believe was going to be Destiny 2 until the mixup. You could be right though. I'd be absolutely shocked if we got new exotics beyond what's been datamined already though. There's a firelord and voidlord in the database already.

I think by the time TTK was set to come out, they new there next expansion wouldn't be for at least a year. Thus they set aside the 9 exotics in an effort to dole them out over the year.

Since we'll be getting a smaller expansion in the Fall, I bet we'll get proper new exotics, including weapons, just like we did with Dark Below and House of Wolves.

What the hell? Why are there so many rockets?

It's mayhem: heavy spawns often, supers and abilities recharge faster.

Plus it uses Year 1 Heavy rules where if you kill someone with Heavy Ammo, you can loot it off their corpse to refill your own.

I think by the time TTK was set to come out, they new there next expansion wouldn't be for at least a year. Thus they set aside the 9 exotics in an effort to dole them out over the year.

Since we'll be getting a smaller expansion in the Fall, I bet we'll get proper new exotics, including weapons, just like we did with Dark Below and House of Wolves.

Is the expectation for fall that we're going to get a HoW-style expansion or something more TTK-sized? I'm obviously hoping for the former, but have there been any concrete words about that?

WeTeHa

Is the expectation for fall that we're going to get a HoW-style expansion or something more TTK-sized? I'm obviously hoping for the former, but have there been any concrete words about that?

Why are you hoping for HoW size? I'm hoping TTK size, but expecting it to be smaller because most of bungie is probably working on Destiny 2. Man, I hop D2 will be amazing.

I'll be on in an hour if that's okay?

Edit: I might have another who wants to do it too.

Yeah, anytime in the next 6 hours is good for me. But I don't want to clear the entire raid, so we need a cp.

Only if we don't have to do Totems.

Yeah, I don't want to run the full raid either, so I hope we can snag a daughters/oryx cp.

Why are you hoping for HoW size? I'm hoping TTK size, but expecting it to be smaller because most of bungie is probably working on Destiny 2. Man, I hop D2 will be amazing.

Whoops, ha, actually meant to say latter. I dunno though, the big hope that I'm sticking out is that Bungie wouldn't be content to release a little $20 thing in the midst of a big holiday season

LTWood12

Trakan

Right but it was extremely shitty how they advertised those exotics in trailers for TTK.

Afaik the only official word about the fall expansion was from the Feb 11 weekly update. They briefly outlined the Spring update (that we now know will release April 12), and then gave this vague snippet:

Beyond that, the team is focused on delivering a large expansion later this year, and a full Destiny sequel in 2017.

Whatever a "large expansion" means is open to speculation, but I'd personally wager something between HoW and TTK. It's hard to imagine a large expansion not having a raid, so maybe we'll finally see that Cabal raid that's been alluded to from Kotaku sources. But of course it's all still speculation.

Afaik the only official word about the fall expansion was from the Feb 11 weekly update. They briefly outlined the Spring update (that we now know will release April 12), and then gave this vague snippet:

Whatever a "large expansion" means is open to speculation, but I'd personally wager something between HoW and TTK. It's hard to imagine a large expansion not having a raid, so maybe we'll finally see that Cabal raid that's been alluded to from Kotaku sources. But of course it's all still speculation.

That was my initial thought too; I imagine that accounts for a lot of the allusions to a big ol' cabal invasion in a few of the story missions. It'd be very cool to finally see that stuff come to fruition.

WeTeHa

Whoops, ha, actually meant to say latter. I dunno though, the big hope that I'm sticking out is that Bungie wouldn't be content to release a little $20 thing in the midst of a big holiday season

haha okay, that makes a lot more sense :D

At least 1 raid (cabal or fallen) and a bunch of strikes, story missions and quests. Either 1 new subclass per character (not likely) or a new playable character (+ a fourth character slot).
Then drop PS3/360 for Destiny 2 and really show some amazing stuff. Please.

Had some glitchy strikes last week. One guy was alive AND dead at the same time (note the "4 players" on my screenshot in the warsat strike.
FQgqMoe.jpg
And today during the Nightfall my lightning nade hit a friendly rocket. The rocket exploded and my nade was stuck in mid air. I'm 100% if I wanted to hit a rocket I could never do it.

Deku Tree

Right but it was extremely shitty how they advertised those exotics in trailers for TTK.

Bungie always does that... I don't like it either but we have to expect it by now. Nechrochasm was the headline most advertised exotic of the TDB expansion and it wasn't available except as an extremely rare drop during the hard raid. Weapon models made it into TTK advertising that have never been seen and are not and will not be in the game IIRC.

8 more days until the most important news, pvp

I don't think the April update will last more than a few weeks. Sept should be pretty cool though.

Lnkn52

Bungie use of descriptive words nowadays is so bad. All I know is to LOWER EXPECTATIONS, PLAY OTHER GAMES and view pictures of MY DOG until the next expansion is out.

Trakan

Bungie always does that... I don't like it either but we have to expect it by now. Nechrochasm was the headline most advertised exotic of the TDB expansion and it wasn't available except as an extremely rare drop during the hard raid. Weapon models made it into TTK advertising that have never been seen and are not and will not be in the game IIRC.

Eh, Necro was in the expansion. You could actually get it. 347 Vesta Dynasty I'll give you but it was just a shitty angled screenshot. They showed the blink helmet and the thagomizers in action in trailers. Same with firelord.

LTWood12

My predictions for the "new things to earn"

All vendors have updated inventories w/ 300 LL gear.
New Queen's weapons (already confirmed).
Year 2 PoE weapons and armor w/ different perks than in year one.
The exotic armor we already know about
HoW y2 exotic weapons
Patience & Time
Gjallarhorn
Universal Remote

Nothing earth shattering. Maybe one or two of the queen/poe weapons will be a standout, but I'm being pessimistic to save myself from heartache. Gjallarhorn will be cool though.

edit: Holy crap I'm pretty sure the Finnala's roll is the exact same as it was last time. Relentless tracker and third eye. Bungie pls.

Eh, Necro was in the expansion. You could actually get it. 347 Vesta Dynasty I'll give you but it was just a shitty angled screenshot. They showed the blink helmet and the thagomizers in action in trailers. Same with firelord.

I don't think the firelord was ever shown outside of the small video we got from game informers huge taken king event.

LTWood12

Yeah both weapons have the exact same perk rolls they had last time. HMG is Crowd Control and Spray and Play.

Seriously what the hell?

Trakan

My predictions for the "new things to earn"

All vendors have updated inventories w/ 300 LL gear.
New Queen's weapons (already confirmed).
Year 2 PoE weapons and armor w/ different perks than in year one.
The exotic armor we already know about
HoW y2 exotic weapons
Patience & Time
Gjallarhorn
Universal Remote

Nothing earth shattering. Maybe one or two of the queen/poe weapons will be a standout, but I'm being pessimistic to save myself from heartache. Gjallarhorn will be cool though.

edit: Holy crap I'm pretty sure the Finnala's roll is the exact same as it was last time. Relentless tracker and third eye. Bungie pls.

The horn is earth shattering enough for me. I kinda think it will happen too though. It will make playing the game more enjoyable.

I don't think the firelord was ever shown outside of the small video we got from game informers huge taken king event.

Right but Bungie made the trailer. It's on them.

LTWood12

Seriously there's like 5 people left working on the live game. How do you not even change the rolls on the iron banner weapons? Maybe this is bothering me more than it should, but good grief it just seems pathetic.

Trakan

IB armor/weapons have the same rolls as the last time they were offered. Kor, curious to know if you'd consider that lazy.

8 more days until the most important news, pvp

I don't think the April update will last more than a few weeks. Sept should be pretty cool though.

Eight days until we find out what weapons get hit with the nerf bat right?

Honestly hope no weapons get touched and they only look at subclasses.

Top Bottom