• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

I have an idea FOR IB . An all Titan bubble train with Touch of Malice Hahaha. 2 Blessing, 2 Weapons and 2 Armor. Split into 2 groups with 1 of each and GG WORLD!

Defender bubble trains are hilarious. In a match of mayhem on Bannerfall yesterday I noticed 2 titans on my team kept popping bubbles on each other. I walked over and saw 20 orbs waiting for me from their super chain lol.

Dude how'd you do that? I don't even want to touch the last guy. What slvl are you?

Honestly I was probably pretty over-leveled, at least as much as you can be in a Souls game. I did everything for the platinum on the same character way back when BB first released, including a bunch of Chalice Dungeons. When I started the DLC my save file was at the end of NG+, my character was maybe ~Lv190. I used Ludwig HB + Evelyn for basically everything. The first guy kicked my ass for a bit but every boss after that was first or second try
including the optional one

Nah the stat bar is bugged, I think it's 12 impact. Thought I had a gem when my first one dropped lol.

Regarding the update; if they nerf any primaries, even the Doctrine, I will have to consider whether I want to keep playing this game. It's blatantly obvious that the game plays better when primaries are in the 0.7-0.8s ttk range. Buffs across the board are what we should be seeing.

I held onto my one and only Red Spectre for the longest time because I thought it was some archetype-busting destroyer of worlds. Eventually I realized why nobody talked about it....

As for the primaries, I definitely agree that they need to be strong. So much of Destiny's PvP revolves around special weapon kills that I want primaries to viably challenge them, scouts vs snipers or HCs/ARs vs shotguns. Watching the kill feed during Kadey's IB stream, it was one sniper kill after another popping up. Kinda like shotguns during the Felwinter Age. Of course there are other ways to reduce sniper over-reliance (lower body shot damage), but strong primaries are important as well.

I would ride that train.

Defender bubble trains are hilarious. In a match of mayhem on Bannerfall yesterday I noticed 2 titans on my team kept popping bubbles on each other. I walked over and saw 20 orbs waiting for me from their super chain lol.

I would be so pissed if I had a match against that.

Hahaha I got killed in Trials last night from 4 shots of ToM without any bubbles so it would probably wreck with WoL. I want to try it out! Plus yea, orbs! Bubble Trains are always so funny

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Setting the Over/Under at 2.5 new currencies.

I say 3 easily

1. To "LEVEL UP!" L E G E N D 3 3 5
2. 1 will be "Treasure Chest Key"
3. Last will be some weird Rune that has 3 layers of pure RNG goodness on it that peeling the layers will make you weep

I wish xbox Dvr can record the last 10 minutes at least. I had some great moments I missed last night.

I just need to change the default double tap home + X to record 5 minutes instead of 30 seconds, for now.

I say 3 easily

1. To "LEVEL UP!" L E G E N D 3 3 5
2. 1 will be "Treasure Chest Key"
3. Last will be some weird Rune that has 3 layers of pure RNG goodness on it that peeling the layers will make you weep

They're getting rid of PoE treasure keys.

My guess is Etheric Light is making a comeback haha.

To rid the game of snipers, they need to bring back the hand cannon range of HoW's

I miss Year 1 TLW minus the 111 crit bug, so so much.

LTWood12

To rid the game of snipers, they need to bring back the hand cannon range of HoW's

And this:
NpLR25Wl.jpg

Deku Tree

My guess is Etheric Light is making a comeback haha.

Nah they are using the same horrible KF loot drop philosophy, and the infusion system sadly. They already said new loot will drop "up to" 335 LL power, so it will also drop at lower power levels most likely using a similar RNG system to the KF raid.

We still got 2 streams bruh, they can backtrack any time they like ala "checkpoints" in PoE lol

Yea after that I guess it's possible, but they probably would have noted that at the same time haha.

Nah they are using the same horrible KF loot drop philosophy, and the infusion system sadly. They already said new loot will drop "up to" 335 LL power, so it will also drop at lower power levels most likely using a similar RNG system to the KF raid.

I'm assuming they'll at least give us methods to upgrade exotics to highest light. My guess is a mat similar to etheric or exactly that. If its named something else, it's still the same thing except we can't turn it in for whatever we can with etheric haha

Axoman

I'm too lazy to do detailed stats from the weekend but here's some lazy ones:

First time going 5 times in 1 weekend for sure. Most was either 3 or 4 and happened only once. Final 6th trip was denied from a no-boon run that went 8-0 until losing to final boss 2-5 somehow. I should have called it quits after that... lost 2 games in a row on a 4-0 with mercy card after and i was done. It was way too late and I've easily reached burnt out limit from Frontier.

PS4 was done with only Drizz and Igor all 3 runs.
XB1 was mostly LFG, with 1 card Drizz and Axo.

So... 14/20 or 70% of my losses was with LFG. Only 6 total losses with DGAF.

I went back and looked over my stats from our matches. It has to be the worst trials card for me in a long time in terms of kills/deaths. I blame being too worried about dying and hanging back too much and playing defensively instead of aggressively.

However, I did lead with the most assists, so I guess there is that. I had 2nd most revives, 17, where you had 23 and Drizz had 7 (revive me Drizz!).

In our losses, I averaged 1.33 assists, where our wins I averaged 3.4

As for the primaries, I definitely agree that they need to be strong. So much of Destiny's PvP revolves around special weapon kills that I want primaries to viably challenge them, scouts vs snipers or HCs/ARs vs shotguns. Watching the kill feed during Kadey's IB stream, it was one sniper kill after another popping up. Kinda like shotguns during the Felwinter Age. Of course there are other ways to reduce sniper over-reliance (lower body shot damage), but strong primaries are important as well.

Sounds like a job for Thorn! :)

NeOak

And this:
NpLR25Wl.jpg

Based Shot Package

Yea after that I guess it's possible, but they probably would have noted that at the same time haha.

I'm assuming they'll at least give us methods to upgrade exotics to highest light. My guess is a mat similar to etheric or exactly that. If its named something else, it's still the same thing except we can't turn it in for whatever we can with etheric haha
"Taken Etheric Light"

Dthomp

Going to start my day of Iron Bannering, any trains get going or want to start one hit me up I'm game! PSN-Dthomp

Deku Tree

I would expect that they will just continue to allow you to infuse your old exotics with higher powered gear that drops for you and an exotic shard, if you choose to do so. No new material for that purpose would be my guess.

"Taken Etheric Light"

Best strategy is to just not get your hopes up so you can't be dissappointed.

I went back and looked over my stats from our matches. It has to be the worst trials card for me in a long time in terms of kills/deaths. I blame being too worried about dying and hanging back too much and playing defensively instead of aggressively.

However, I did lead with the most assists, so I guess there is that. I had 2nd most revives, 17, where you had 23 and Drizz had 7 (revive me Drizz!).

In our losses, I averaged 1.33 assists, where our wins I averaged 3.4

Sounds like a job for Thorn! :)

Crap, I forgot we had 1 loss to start. I didn't count that. So 13/20 losses was with lfg. I was like how do you get 1.33 assists in 2 games of losses?! Then I remembered.

Interesting though. Team shooting is the way to go! Especially when there's at least 1 doctrine. It not only helps for cleaning up / janitorial duties but also for taking down shields and making people move to places and putting them in uncomfortable positions.

It's definitely a hard map for shotgun users. They usually sit back and wait for a pick off then collapse.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Graverobber has gone from a beacon of hope to salt extraordinaire. Feels bad :(

Help me Luke Smith. You're our only hope.

This Legend's Sodium intake was minimal while away, when close by its skyrockets

I had the pleasure of reliving the glory days of 3x Raid and 3x NF, but there was always a momentum of being pushed forward or amassing a nice stockpile

Not much with it here of how they redirected the players and community of chasing with the carousel RNG with "#" chasing as the sole purpose
I'd take back some of the old archaic ways just to have a revolving cycle of things to earn

I mean its do KF CM + Daughters/Oryx, maybe NF if you're really lucky and jump in or see a post request

As most have noted, until Trials its like stay away and converge for the weekend bonfire

I'm just hoping they fix armor leveling up, shit is stupid
It took like 20+ bounties for 1 freaking bubble, weapon side my Heavy max, hands 1 bubble... O N E!
Yeah yeah Notes, but that's burning an ungodly amount and justifying Bungie mistake

This Legend's Sodium intake was minimal while away, when close by its skyrockets

I had the pleasure of reliving the glory days of 3x Raid and 3x NF, but there was always a momentum of being pushed forward or amassing a nice stockpile

Not much with it here of how they redirected the players and community of chasing with the carousel RNG with "#" chasing as the sole purpose
I'd take back some of the old archaic ways just to have a revolving cycle of things to earn

I mean its do KF CM + Daughters/Oryx, maybe NF if you're really lucky and jump in or see a post request

As most have noted, until Trials its like stay away and converge for the weekend bonfire

It took like 20+ bounties for 1 freaking bubble, weapon side my Heavy max, hands 1 bubble... O N E!
Yeah yeah Notes, but that's burning an ungodly amount and justifying Bungie mistake

Levelling up Armor is a JOKE! It's like 60 motes. Meanwhile a gun is 15 motes. Like huh?!

LTWood12

Dream sandbox Shotgun change:
PvE Damage increased by 82%, bringing it back to the pre-2.0 damage.
Faster ready/stow times
Faster ADS
Removed 2 frame delay when firing out of sprint
Increased range to HoW era
Added Shot Package back to perk pool

Yeah i just wish it hadn't been so dead around here when you returned.

NeOak

Best strategy is to just not get your hopes up so you can't be dissappointed.
To be honest, I expect Bungie to just brutally anally rape the progression and little balance the game has.

I know that even hoping for that will disappoint me.

Frenden

Banned
Joined my first Destiny match in ages. 3 v. 6. Enemy team picked up heavy notifications greet my arrival. Dead by a laggy player pushing our spawn within moments.

Turned off my PS4.

Shiv47

Best part of upcoming light level increase is, at least for now, I can quit doing CMs. I hope they provide a return to pre TTK maxing out of weapons, though that seems completely unlikely. I'm just totally bored with running KF, but with no other option to get max level gear...

Faster ready/stow times
Faster ADS

Yeah i just wish it hadn't been so dead around here when you returned.

Shotguns are still very much viable despite the nerf. It just requires you to really be on point with your approach and movement.

A bump in PvE however, would be very awesome and welcome.

The PvE shotgun nerf was SUPER lame. Honestly the original 100% buff made PvE much more fun. They could have toned it down to make it like an 75% buff instead of 100% but not all the back down to making the buff like a 10% one in the end.

WipedOut

Tomorrow is the make or break of destiny for me. If there is not better loot drops and no more 311-319 BS then I'm fully back, if there is the SOS then I'll do the quest on each of my alts, Run each PoE and KF then back to division.

The PvE shotgun nerf was SUPER lame. Honestly it made PvE much more fun.

But swords - [rollseyes]

Tomorrow is the make or break of destiny for me. If there is not better loot drops and no more 311-319 BS then I'm fully back, if there is the SOS then I'll do the quest on each of my alts, Run each PoE and KF then back to division.

My hats firmly on next weeks, I honestly think tomorrow will be another swing and a miss

But swords - [rollseyes]

Fuck the exotic sword quest.
I still don't have one.

Like idk what they were thinking on that one. I got to the arkham knight step and stopped. Like way too much grind.

Axoman

Faster ready/stow times
Faster ADS

From the PVP/Sandbox stream next week:
"We're bringing shotguns back up with a 50% damage increase in PvE and also giving fusions a bump with a 24% PvE damage increase"

From actual 4/12 patch notes:
Shotgun damaged increased against non-guardian combatants 12%.
Fusion rifle damaged increased against non-guardian combatants .24%.

WipedOut

My hats firmly on next weeks, I honestly think tomorrow will be another swing and a miss

Being a mainly PVE player it all hinges this week. I understand where you are coming from though. I've never been a big fan of Destiny PVP, it's fun playing with a group. I will say this though, if they had custom matches with no loot drops, I would play more of it.

Or maybe a social playlist.

Fuck the exotic sword quest.
I still don't have one.

Like idk what they were thinking on that one. I got to the arkham knight step and stopped. Like way too much grind.

OT: Post more please, need more of the avatar.

Dthomp

Well first two games have been telling.

First game did well (11 kills 1.6 KD), got a shitty blue chest piece

Game 2 - Started 6 on 5 and pretty much stayed that way most of the match and got throttled. 2 Strange Coins

Also-Anybody need another for IB team GAF?

X-Frame

So a Year 2 Thorn should be likely tomorrow too, right? I mean, Cozmo tweeted for feedback on Thorn several weeks ago. Along with Hawkmoon.

I suppose he could have done that simply for balance purposes in normalized Crucible, but I feel like Bungie wouldn't want to really draw attention to it if it wasn't coming forward to Year 2. I could be way off though.

So a Year 2 Thorn should be likely tomorrow too, right? I mean, Cozmo tweeted for feedback on Thorn several weeks ago. Along with Hawkmoon.

I suppose he could have done that simply for balance purposes in normalized Crucible, but I feel like Bungie wouldn't want to really draw attention to it if it wasn't coming forward to Year 2. I could be way off though.

I don't really care about Thorn at all but please Bungie, bring the Hawkmoon back to its year one glory days. It was my favorite HC :(

Mindlog

• Thorn needs a bigger clip.
  • Thorn DoT should be an AoE contagion.
  • Thorn DoT should drain super.
  • Thorn DoT should last longer.
  • Thorn should gain light levels from Guardian kills.

About to hop on for a pair of Nightfalls. Anyone around?

NeOak

Well first two games have been telling.

First game did well (11 kills 1.6 KD), got a shitty blue chest piece

Game 2 - Started 6 on 5 and pretty much stayed that way most of the match and got throttled. 2 Strange Coins

Also-Anybody need another for IB team GAF?
You're doing it wrong. You need 0.25 KD for a higher chance to get purples.

I only need 2 things to really be happy.

Infusion gives 100% of LL to the new item

and

"Smart Loot" that drops items equal to or above your current light level.

This means items I'm getting aren't worthless anymore, and if I somehow get a hold of a weaker item, I can bring it up to speed.

Deku Tree

I only need 2 things to really be happy.

Infusion gives 100% of LL to the new item

and

"Smart Loot" that drops items equal to or above your current light level.

This means items I'm getting aren't worthless anymore, and if I somehow get a hold of a weaker item, I can bring it up to speed.

Tomorrow on stream, even if they developers say "we now have smart loot" then Deej might post in the weekly on Thursday um er whoops no we don't have smart loot sorry. People make mistakes y'all.

Or the update might just only have smart loot at the Cryptarch and they'll forget to point that out..

Top Bottom