• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

WipedOut

I was like who is this cool person whom I agree with w/ this avatar I don't recognize.

Basically the song Escape

You sir, along with the others in the raid group are the only reason I'm booting up Destino tonight.

Edit: Dat Destiny Crack....

uvqc3eucyd88gpgqbuiu.jpg

I went back and looked over my stats from our matches. It has to be the worst trials card for me in a long time in terms of kills/deaths. I blame being too worried about dying and hanging back too much and playing defensively instead of aggressively.

However, I did lead with the most assists, so I guess there is that. I had 2nd most revives, 17, where you had 23 and Drizz had 7 (revive me Drizz!).

In our losses, I averaged 1.33 assists, where our wins I averaged 3.4

Crap, I forgot we had 1 loss to start. I didn't count that. So 13/20 losses was with lfg. I was like how do you get 1.33 assists in 2 games of losses?! Then I remembered.

Interesting though. Team shooting is the way to go! Especially when there's at least 1 doctrine. It not only helps for cleaning up / janitorial duties but also for taking down shields and making people move to places and putting them in uncomfortable positions.

It's definitely a hard map for shotgun users. They usually sit back and wait for a pick off then collapse.

I was having so many problems during that run, lol. Not sure why but my controller felt off and I couldn't hit a shot to save my life. I averaged a 2.1 k/d which isn't that far below my lifetime Trials average, but it was super inconsistent. Did well in our wins (5.8 k/d) but stunk up the joint in our losses (0.9 k/d). Mostly feeding on scrubs and struggling vs. good players, although I had one good match against an 1800 elo team towards the end.

The most important part for Y2 Trials is being able to play well against all those strong teams you match late in your cards. Going 10-1 vs. scrubs means a lot less than a ~1.5 k/d vs. good players.

I just noticed that the vendor weapons have the same rolls as they did last time they were sold, was it like that it year 1 or has bungie become lazy with Saladin?

I was having so many problems during that run, lol. Not sure why but my controller felt off and I couldn't hit a shot to save my life. I averaged a 2.1 k/d which isn't that far below my lifetime Trials average, but it was super inconsistent. Did well in our wins (5.8 k/d) but stunk up the joint in our losses (0.9 k/d). Mostly feeding on scrubs and struggling vs. good players, although I had one good match against an 1800 elo team towards the end.

The most important part for Y2 Trials is being able to play well against all those strong teams you match late in your cards. Going 10-1 vs. scrubs means a lot less than a ~1.5 k/d vs. good players.

That first run was definitely crazy. I did the daily so I switched to the Radiant Skin instead of Fireborn and forgot to switch back. Could have used it during that Shotgunning maniac.

I wonder if Bungie chose this week to show of "New Things to Earn"

As in, will they show of new Iron Banner loot and/or a new Iron Banner loot system or even just improvements.

inthrall

Did raid scrubbing go ahead last night? I looked at my clock and it was 1 hour til reset, then I started Factorio and it was 5 hours later when I looked again...

Dthomp

Destiny really needs to implement something for people who drop out of games, make them unable to join a new one for the amount of time left in the one they left x2 or something. Quite annoying

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
The PvE shotgun nerf was SUPER lame. Honestly the original 100% buff made PvE much more fun. They could have toned it down to make it like an 75% buff instead of 100% but not all the back down to making the buff like a 10% one in the end.

That original buff was incredibly fun. I had never used a shotgun I'm PvE until that point and then for a long time I always had a shotgun equipped.
And then....

Nerf!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thank you very much! I wish I could join though... it will be like 3 AM where I live. I'll be following the thread to see if there's another date in which I can join :)
Once a month (usually the last of the month but this was an anomaly) I do a Saturday afternoon EST run instead, so hopefully you can make the next one of those. :)

ocean

Banned
Her voice is ok

nothing special

this thread is turning creepy
But give me an /10 of her voice tho Breezy
Imagine her praising Thorn and tell me how much you like her voice

(Yeah thread has creep spikes every once in a while :p dark days like a dozen OTs back with something about lesbian bears or something)

You mean when you talk about your Thorn?

Hey, don't insult my dark, sleek Thorn.

But give me an /10 of her voice tho Breezy
Imagine her praising Thorn and tell me how much you like her voice

(Yeah thread has creep spikes every once in a while :p dark days like a dozen OTs back with something about lesbian bears or something)

I would need voice clips

What I heard from her doesn't give me confidence

Saturdays voice is amazing, I hope she never gets a face cam as I've got this perfect image of her in my head

Considering how similar her and Nghtly seem to be, I wouldn't hold my breath for that one.

She was helping Gene do Lighthouse virgin carries last night. She had a super clutch game when they had already lost mercy and were down 0-3. She was last guardian standing but cleaned up with machine gun. A guy self-res'ed and got both revives but she nova bombed two dudes. The last guy popped hammer and she juked the pants off him to kill him with just TLW and a melee finisher, the hype was so real. Ended with a 20-8 stat line and the comeback win.... but they lost the card to a sweaty final boss and it hurt my soul deeply.

Did raid scrubbing go ahead last night? I looked at my clock and it was 1 hour til reset, then I started Factorio and it was 5 hours later when I looked again...

I don't know what Factorio is but if you're referencing our usual reset raiding scrubbery then yes it went down as usual. We got the real Grave Robber in there to run his first three King's Fall raids, a good time was had by all.

He also got another 320 class item so he now has two 320 characters to my zero. Thisisdestiny.gif

Who is this?

She's Nghtly's girlfriend or wife or something. He founded the 13 Devils clan that Twilight used to be in, and so she made a 13 Housewives clan. She's recently been streaming Trials carries, general Destiny PvP etc.

phen0m24

Saturday is often in Gene's streams. She's really good! And pretty cool, too.

If they want to make snipers less relevant they need to give primaries the ability to stagger snipers out of scope. Then primaries > special

Top Bottom