• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

NeOak

Related info from a meeting we had yesterday was waiting for it to be approved before posting.

Price is currently $399.99 they were discussing a better CPU which would raise the price to $499.99 we were guaranteed the price will be no higher than $499.99 (He mentioned the CPU upgrade quite a bit almost as if they haven't really decided on a final spec could be a pricing issue.) also there is currently no plan for any type of trade in program for current PS4 users but that could change.

They stated that the GPU is twice as powerful as standard PS4 and much faster. They did not say exactly how fast but that is was running at a higher clock speed while being much smaller than the original.

It will have a 4k blu ray player and will upscale games that are not natively 4k.

Also there was talk of some sort of VR lounge for the media player app which is supposed to be getting a substantial upgrade.

It was stated plainly and with no room for interpretation that there are developers that already have development kits for the PS4K and that they are making games that will directly target and take advantage of the higher specs of the PS4K. It was also stated that these games will in fact work for the PS4 but with considerable sacrifices made to performance.

It was also made very clear that current games would not be getting any type of performance upgrades by being played on the system and any benefits to older games would come via patch per game and per developer. When asked if this was going to happen the response was "Its a possibility but doubtful with the exception of a handful of games."
We were also given a list of games that will be available at launch that will directly take advantage of the PS4K where the differences are and I will quote him "Significant."

For the PSVR

Eve Valkyrie
Robinson
GT Sport

For the PS4K

Deep Down (Thought this was dead)
GOW4 (This was the exact abbreviation on the sheet I can only assume its god of war 4)

There were more games on the list but these are the ones that stood out to me.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head I'll see if I can get any more information.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1202462

Does this tie into the delay?

It depends if duplicates drop(And if the perks are random, then chances are they might)

Unless infusion supplants current perks/stat rolls on a piece.

It looked like the stats are determined by the infusing piece too.

Ass/Rad mats were actually useful - initially for leveling up raid gear and later on for converting into motes/glimmer.

Moldering shards have no use.
Yeah, I remembered the dark material farming after I posted.

Destiny_Salty_Engram.jpg

ocean

Banned
Y2 Khepri's- I hope they didn't nerf the Primary Reload perk. Having gauntlets buff the speed of any primary was super cool tbh

blamite

Looks like a big update to the iOS companion app just went out. Sounds like the stuff that's already in the Android version? Gear manager, community creations, etc.

border

"Top PvE players" have never ever had something that lets them stand out. I mean the highest tier of PvE reward is a Raid set, which literally every single active player got.

Not that many people cleared King's Fall, if we are to go by Trophy stats. Certainly not "literally every single active player". It's certainly some kind of distinction, and one that's only lessened by the Gift Box grab bag.

I honestly can't say if any of my characters have a complete King's Fall set, because I often just ended up infusing raid pieces into old armor because the raid piece dropped with stats I didn't want, but I still needed a Light boost.

This change of direction is particularly strange in light of things like Trials of Osiris, and the unique boss drops like Ma'Ul's Maulers, Flayer's Mantle, Darkblade Helm, etc. It seemed like Bungie actually was going to go in the direction of having more rare, visually striking items that come from specific encounters or accomplishments......instead we're just getting visually striking items that will be incredibly common.

Not that many people cleared King's Fall, if we are to go by Trophy stats. Certainly not "literally every single active player". It's certainly some kind of distinction, and one that's only lessened by the Gift Box grab bag.

I honestly can't say if any of my characters have a complete King's Fall set, because I often just ended up infusing raid pieces into old armor because the raid piece dropped with stats I didn't want, but I still needed a Light boost.

This change of direction is particularly strange in light of things like Trials of Osiris, and the unique boss drops like Ma'Ul's Maulers, Flayer's Mantle, Darkblade Helm, etc. It seemed like Bungie actually was going to go in the direction of having more rare, visually striking items that come from specific encounters or accomplishments......instead we're just getting visually striking items that will be incredibly common.

I love Ma'ul's maulers. Key component of my style.

And yeah, top PvE players had the heroic shader and the ship(From challenge mode) to differentiate them. I've had people send me a message saying 'where'd you get the shader?' or that I look 'cool' because I liked to mix my armor to look ridiculous with the KF shader-

I feel that we're losing a bit of that feeling with the new box thing. It's like....for the longest time, PvErs in Destiny have been getting the short end of the stick because most of the events or content were relegated to PvP, and that just continues further.

ocean

Banned
All I want to know is will Messenger and Summoner be great? And I never sharded my Timepiece either. :)
Is Josh gonna play today? IB is a good way to increase LL. He can get 280 guns and armor, a 310 Ghost (guaranteed) and a 310-320 piece at rank 5.

That way he'll be ready to NF and claim his fancy RaF Sparrow :)

Indeed. Now the Nirwen's tier and the grasp tier are pushed further to the forefront of pulse rifles. I would be more bothered if I didn't find pulse rifles so boring.

I just got a Hawksaw a few weeks back with max stability (counterbalance) and to find out it's not as great as it used to..... sigh

But yea, it's weird to not balance them in a way they're all beneficial instead of making 1 or 2 of them superior over the rest.

phen0m24

Is Josh gonna play today? IB is a good way to increase LL. He can get 280 guns and armor, a 310 Ghost (guaranteed) and a 310-320 piece at rank 5.

That way he'll be ready to NF and claim his fancy RaF Sparrow :)
When he sees you in other games he doesn't want to interrupt you lol. He may later tonight.

I just got a Hawksaw a few weeks back with max stability (counterbalance) and to find out it's not as great as it used to..... sigh

But yea, it's weird to not balance them in a way they're all beneficial instead of making 1 or 2 of them superior over the rest.

Saaaaaaaay whaaaaaat

Hawksaw is still good and viable. It's in the same class as the PDX. It's still a three burst kill with all crits

That's the problem with the balancing being done so infrequently. With constant updates it wouldn't be hard to find a happy spot for all weapons in a style. Personally for pulses I think the slowest firing should be very risk/reward, have the middle be a bit more forgiving but a bit less effective, and have grasp tier be very fast but better for suppression and causing flinch than outright out dps-ing an opponent.

Hawksaw tier is still good though. In fact, the only archetype of pulse rifles that are no longer good is the messenger tier, the high impact. Pulses are balanced, besides those (and the hakke ones).

That's the problem with the balancing being done so infrequently. With constant updates it wouldn't be hard to find a happy spot for all weapons in a style. Personally for pulses I think the slowest firing should be very risk/reward, have the middle be a bit more forgiving but a bit less effective, and have grasp tier be very fast but better for suppression and causing flinch than outright out dps-ing an opponent.

Yea, I've always had a problem with their weapon balance patches. Not only is it infrequent, but they do it nearly all at once. It just doesn't sound like the correct way to make balance changes, IMO.

Hawksaw tier is still good though. In fact, the only archetype of pulse rifles that are no longer good is the messenger tier, the high impact. Pulses are balanced, besides those (and the hakke ones).

I know Ape mains one, and I believe a certain streamer that I no longer ever want to name, also uses one (And I think the vendor one). I used one during Trials the very first time it was Year 2, pre-nerf, Bannerfall and it was legit. But good to hear it's not dad

ocean

Banned
When he sees you in other games he doesn't want to interrupt you lol. He may later tonight.
Oh lol been enjoying The Witcher but Destiny with a buddy is a more fun time than any other game. Always invite when you wanna! Worst case I'll call a rain check :)

Homeboyd

Anyone want to hit me with a quick summary? Reskins old stuff but just P.o.E?
1:1 infusion
Some legendaries from yr 1 coming back
Some exotics being pushed forward
Some taken themed gear you can acquire or buy with real $ at defense level 3 and have to infuse
Some other new armor pieces
Glow options for gear and guns via new consumable
KF HM will drop 335 gear post hotfix in the future
Can get 335 gear via Trials, IB, KF HM, PoE challenge mode, and strike uniques
New ghost
New sparrows

That's about it I think

100% infusion is still pretty damn fantastic.

Better late than never.

OT 41 | 100% Salt Infused Water

or 100% Infused Saltwater

In other news: I can now program games for the XBox One for just $19 (for an xbox dev account). Too bad I was very unproductive today.

Besaide

Welp, I'm boned.

Pretty damn good roll on the Arminius-D roll 3 this week and I don't have any way of getting a Doctrine of Passing.

Unfortunately I'm only rank 2 with the gunsmith and if I complete all 5 test weapons I'm at 1650/2000. So now I get to do the Lord Shaxx crucible quest line until I get to the weapon master portion for the extra 500 rep. On top of that it's Iron Banner weekend! Time to crucible until I drop.

Welp, I'm boned.

Pretty damn good roll on the Arminius-D roll 3 this week and I don't have any way of getting a Doctrine of Passing.

Unfortunately I'm only rank 2 with the gunsmith and if I complete all 5 test weapons I'm at 1650/2000. So now I get to do the Lord Shaxx crucible quest line until I get to the weapon master portion for the extra 500 rep. On top of that it's Iron Banner weekend! Time to crucible until I drop.

The next time the Doctrine is the 7 wins reward, I and hopefully others, will be helping folks at least get one. I don't think that will happen for another few weeks.

GhaleonEB

Did we see any new perks? I thought there were some new icons, but I don't recall them actually highlighting them or explaining any, just focusing on the cosmetic.

Did we see any new perks? I thought there were some new icons, but I don't recall them actually highlighting them or explaining any, just focusing on the cosmetic.

Nothing new.

Which is weird considering todays stream was supposed to be focused on the gear. Instead we got 30 minutes of emotes and some gear looks ._.;

maomaoIYP

Welp, I'm boned.

Pretty damn good roll on the Arminius-D roll 3 this week and I don't have any way of getting a Doctrine of Passing
3x gold package, 3x Mercury chest weekly.

Re: apr update. I totally called it when I said we won't be getting the remaining new exotics. Returning legendaries better have reworked perks and stats, zombie apocalypse was fucking super OP in the crucible.

Edit: come to think of it, bringing back old legendaries through engrams without re-rolling literally means that it's fucking nothing.

Which would be fine if the gear was, you know... new...

....yeaaaah....

Todays stream doesn't sit well with me. Last week I laughed at the flub about them mistakingly saying that PoE would get checkpoints, but I really do like the point system, I enjoy my horde modes.

Would want Transmog way more than Chroma, which is only for a few gear sets. But I guess you can't Microtranscation Transmog.

You just sell transmorg orbs

Transmog orbs would be the grossest thing imaginable.

....yeaaaah....

Todays stream doesn't sit well with me. Last week I laughed at the flub about them mistakingly saying that PoE would get checkpoints, but I really do like the point system, I enjoy my horde modes.

Is it just me or did DeeJ seem to imply that content would only go to 330 & we'd be overleveled for once only to be immediately corrected that PoE challenge mode is 335?

Mindlog

New Perk Ideas (please keep them consistent with modern perks)

Return Fire - After being revived your next shot does increased critical damage.
Houdini - Reload faster when cloaked.
Peltast - Move faster when in cover.

Top Bottom