• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

maomaoIYP

Would want Transmog way more than Chroma, which is only for a few gear sets. But I guess you can't Microtranscation Transmog.
Sure you can. Selling consumables which let you transmog a random piece of equipped item for 2 hours. You can sell anything in this game if people were willing to pay for Mercury or raid carries.

Edit: if Bungie would sell a consumable that would increase a piece of equipment by 1 light it would sell like gangbusters

GhaleonEB

I have a feeling that next week's stream will be more substantial, in terms of changes that affect the game. And certainly provide more to discuss, what with further class balancing and the sandbox update.

The big items from this stream were increased vault space, the infusion 1:1 change, and the weapon/armor highlight system. And the gift baskets. Some worthwhile stuff but it felt a bit thin to stretch into a week long build up and then an hour long live stream.

Otherwise it was showing reskins and older gear brought forward, or teasing things (Taken sword) they could have done in the last demo. I'm actually fine with a lot of older gear coming forward, it was just an odd thing to focus a stream around.

I hope they talk about some possible changes for trials, like flipping spawns every round, or maybe making it like IB where the game mode changes every so often, like where once a month it's skirmish or salvage, then the other three weeks are elimination, although that might screw with how people prepare for trials, but just an idea.

Trakan

New Perk Ideas (please keep them consistent with modern perks)

Return Fire - After being revived your next shot does increased critical damage.
Houdini - Reload faster when cloaked.
Peltast - Move faster when in cover.

Perks that require you or your fireteam to die should not exist.

E92 M3

I think the Destiny we want won't happen until Fall or next year. The exciting power fantasy isn't something that exists currently, unfortunately. They need to separate PVP and PVE to truly have fantastic experiences in each.

Magik

I think the Destiny we want won't happen until Fall or next year. The exciting power fantasy isn't something that exists currently, unfortunately. They need to separate PVP and PVE to truly have fantastic experiences in each.

Agreed. It's always one positive change negatively affects the other.

reskinned everything
recycled content
buy the taken gear with money
free random boxes up to 3 times a week(per account mostly)
oh and like 20 new emotes

1:1 infusion
Some legendaries from yr 1 coming back
Some exotics being pushed forward
Some taken themed gear you can acquire or buy with real $ at defense level 3 and have to infuse
Some other new armor pieces
Glow options for gear and guns via new consumable
KF HM will drop 335 gear post hotfix in the future
Can get 335 gear via Trials, IB, KF HM, PoE challenge mode, and strike uniques
New ghost
New sparrows

That's about it I think

You can praise the sun now.

For a price.
what for real?!

Kor has a good summary here: http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=199644906&postcount=597

Bungie did a small update to their splash page: https://www.bungie.net/en/pub/AprilUpdate

Some good stuff. Lots of reskins and old gear brought forward. Tess now sells loot boxes with some of then new weapons and armor, which is not so great.
Thanks for the info guys. And it's $$$ for the taken shader/armor or whatever?

E92 M3

New Perk Ideas (please keep them consistent with modern perks)

Return Fire - After being revived your next shot does increased critical damage.
Houdini - Reload faster when cloaked.
Peltast - Move faster when in cover.

I see you and Bungie have the same idea of of fun perks
attachment.php

Homeboyd

So they're instituting the gatcha system again? Oh boy, better stock up on silver.
Well you can still get all that stuff in game.. throwing down $ just gets it for you sooner. If you buy it with $, it drops at defense level 3 so you'll have to earn gear in game to infuse it up to levels where you'll want to use it.

th3dude

Then why did they remove the loot cave if it's not a game about loot

No harm in that. I mean, if Destiny isn't a loot game, so what if people get loot fast?

Oh wait...it's because it's a loot game.

This comment is not taking sides in the current debate here, but more my perspective on Destiny as a whole.

I actually disagree with the sentiment that Destiny is a loot game. I wanted Destiny to be a loot game. Badly. But it simply isn't.

Ridiculously low drop rates, few quality of life enhancements, lack of sets,and the lack of stats that matter on gear make Destiny the opposite, at least to me, of a loot game.

As primarily a PvP player, I scoff at the notion that Destiny is a loot game. It's simply RNG until you get to a light level that you can play events, then it is nothing (unless you like to grind RNG for cosmetic items).

The Division, while having many flaws, is a loot game. Diablo is a loot game. Destiny is not a loot game (but I want it so bad to be one).

WeTeHa

I kinda wish they'd stick the rep bonus consumables in the raid chests, like the one in golgis labyrinth. No one ever goes for that chest. or make them purchasable with moldering shards or something.

This comment is not taking sides in the current debate here, but more my perspective on Destiny as a whole.

I actually disagree with the sentiment that Destiny is a loot game. I wanted Destiny to be a loot game. Badly. But it simply isn't.

Ridiculously low drop rates, few quality of life enhancements, lack of sets,and the lack of stats that matter on gear make Destiny the opposite, at least to me, of a loot game.

As primarily a PvP player, I scoff at the notion that Destiny is a loot game. It's simply RNG until you get to a light level that you can play events, then it is nothing (unless you like to grind RNG for cosmetic items).

The Division, while having many flaws, is a loot game. Diablo is a loot game. Destiny is not a loot game (but I want it so bad to be one).

And that's the thing. For a PvP player, it's a fine game. But I heavily prefer PvE. And the PvE is butchered and not that great without carrots on the stick.

It's why it's disappointing that most of their events are PvP based. It's like...Destiny isn't that great of a PvP game. I primarily play it for the PvE. When I originally got Destiny, it was for the PvE. I was promised loot that I could tell a story about.

This is Bungie going against their original vision for the game.
(Looking for the video, I found in one of the vidocs that the arc flayer mantle existed since 2013)

Anyways, people say Destiny isn't a loot game. I disagree. When they talk about The weapons you can get, and 'what you went through to get there', when they talk about your gear and how it'll shape your character in game..

Bungie talked about getting loot. About it being exciting. About customizing your character.

Hm...let's linger on that last bit. Customizing your character. What does it mean to you? How do you accomplish this? That's a point they repeated constantly. It's important to customize your character and make them into yours.

Destiny was supposed to be a game where you create your character, venture out into a vast galaxy, where you customize and build your character and make it your own. It's supposed to be about a game where these things are supported by each other, whether it's activities to get gear, or by choosing armor and weapons that suit your style.

The reality is, Destiny has gotten farther and farther away from that. Gear is dripped on a weekly basis. Your customization is limited by that fact. There are options to straight out buy these customization options, whether it's chroma, gear, or emotes. Whether it's ships or icons. Even the new Chroma system seems to be limited unless you buy loot boxes, seeing as 3 boxes a week won't be enough to provide enough chroma to experiment to see how it looks on different gear. Not only that, but the rate which you earn these boxes is limited by weekly timers.

You can customize your character...but very slowly. Unless you bypass these timers by paying money. Unless you buy into their little gachapon. I can say without a doubt that something changed when they went from expansions to microtransactions, that things got shifted from being a "feature" of an expansion to being made into a paid 'Microtransaction". Activities and assets got moved around, probably withheld for future content updates, reusing old assets to buffer their content drop, all the while still charging for large expansions. Destiny isn't a loot game....no, the Destiny I remember was a loot game. People finding engrams and being excited, discovering the Loot Cave, repeating dungeons to get a piece of gear. 'Destiny isn't a loot game'. And yet people would play together for that loot. No, Destiny is a loot game, just one that's being strangled by its creators.

And then there's the matter that PvP seems to have taken the forefront. PvP dictates the balance of weapons and skills to the point where it's deteriorating to the PvE experience. Events for PvE players are few and far, the only ones in a scheduled cycle being Trials and Iron Banner for PvPers. This living world that they wanted to create, where anything can happen, has become quite static.

It's a sad state of affairs for Destiny.

Trakan

Somone in one of the Destiny gaming threads brought up a good point. Didn't Bungie say last week that the level 41 POE is infinitely playable for a Sterling Treasure each time? Then this week they said three times per week?

Somone in one of the Destiny gaming threads brought up a good point. Didn't Bungie say last week that the level 41 POE is infinitely playable for a Sterling Treasure each time? Then this week they said three times per week?

Unless they meant something else that you get(That is, the chest at the end of PoE?)

And I do remember Bungie mentioning that 'You can play PoE as many times as you want and be rewarded each time'

Trakan

Unless they meant something else that you get(That is, the chest at the end of PoE?)

And I do remember Bungie mentioning that 'You can play PoE as many times as you want and be rewarded each time'

I thought they said they were ditching the treasure room entirely but they may have meant just the keys.

I looked up last week's stream and the Sterling Treasure does say (Weekly Bonus Remaining: 1) so it's not infinite.

Namikaze1

I thought they said they were ditching the treasure room entirely but they may have meant just the keys.

I looked up last week's stream and the Sterling Treasure does say (Weekly Bonus Remaining: 1) so it's not infinite.
They're ditching the keys and the treasure room does not exist in the Challenge of the Elders thing

Namikaze1

I almot forgot I said I would riot if they don't reveal Necrochasm Year 2 on the stream.

So...

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It's always best to stay away from gaming side. They don't understand like we do. They don't know our pain.
I broke my rule for that thread. :(

Kor has a good summary here: http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=199644906&postcount=597

Bungie did a small update to their splash page: https://www.bungie.net/en/pub/AprilUpdate

Some good stuff. Lots of reskins and old gear brought forward. Tess now sells loot boxes with some of then new weapons and armor, which is not so great.

Well fuck me. That's the one thing I didn't think Bungie would broach with the microtransactions. Thought it would always be cosmetic.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Clans that you are not set to that you have made needs a captain. I have chosen mine.

One more for get your asses whupped train.

ocean

Banned
I watched the stream but haven't been in touch since. Did Bungie say any thing about updating more exotics this patch after the stream?
Queenbreaker's Bow
Purifier Robes
Patience and Time
Eternal Warrior
Universal Remote
Lucky Raspberry (<3)
Lord of Wolves
ATS/8 Arachnid (nobody asked for this)
ACD/0 Feedback Fence
Khepri's Sting
The Glasshouse
Sunbreakers
Dreg's Promise

Not gonna lie (or rage). But really sad that Bungie has abandoned cosmetic only Microtranscations. Bungie always seemed above that, but I guess not.

200w.gif

Top Bottom