• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

chur

So after my game against Nghtly and Co. I get matched against luminosity and Co. Fuck I need to stop playing solo.

Jinjo

Kinda lame this update is all recycled content. From PoE to 'new' armor/weapons to exotics.

Not a single piece of actual new content aside from the one armor set. Atleast throw in the new exotics that have been in the database forever or something.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Tried IB out, Jesus you can really tell who have lag switches or those that throttle their system perfectly

I was lost for first few matches due to never ever playing thoseaps, but when Rusted Land showed up, my gaming muscle memory kicked in and I went on a tear

Cool we finished with a win, IB seriously needs an overhaul or some net code infusion (hur hur)
PVP feels so soul less, I mean IB was always bring everything you are used to and triumph

Now you're forced and narrowed into certain meta weapons...
All I saw were Doctrines (CB), Mida, or the occasional Thorn lol
Snipers R' Us is really ruins map flow
At least with shottys the range was mid to up close, but Range + AA + knowledge of lanes, just makes PvP fucking bore

Hey you stay on your side, we'll stay near ours and let's trade kills, weeeeee
Seriously sometimes Crucible feels like a goddamn MOBA, line drawn across half the map, your side and ours, encroaching equals pure death

I remember IB used to be more flowing, none of this nah we don't want to participate in the way the mode is setup, we'll make it clash inside control, which ruins it for the rest

It takes 2-3 individuals from staying back or try their best to keep away that the whole flow falls flat
Sniping should be a oh look I have a vantage point that favors my team and forces the other team to divert from said lane until I get bored and push forward or my team flips or takes control
IB all I see is people lagging, camp sniping, not objective minded, and really try to follow the leader
Where the hell did weapon choice go...
I remember you could get wrekt by like 15+ different weapons in old school IB, now its like 3-5, once update balance the meta will change again...

Kind of stupid for forcing players to rather try out builds to really balance and adjust, your forced and narrowed in to certain archetypes and weapons no matter what

I hope next week they address some of this in the twitch thing

Kalamari

Kinda lame this update is all recycled content. From PoE to 'new' armor/weapons to exotics.

Not a single piece of actual new content aside from the one armor set. Atleast throw in the new exotics that have been in the database forever or something.

Recycling is good for the environment don't ya know.

GGs fellas. Every time I play anything but hunter I realize how bad I am with other classes. Gunslinger just works so well with my playstyle. I'll be curious to see if the sandbox/balance changes will make other classes more appealing and if it will hurt the ones I like.

2real4tv

Played like crap yesterday ended my last game with 3 kills against the same team I just got 23 kills on felt like I was getting super-ed around every corner....

Frenden

Banned
GGs fellas. Every time I play anything but hunter I realize how bad I am with other classes. Gunslinger just works so well with my playstyle. I'll be curious to see if the sandbox/balance changes will make other classes more appealing and if it will hurt the ones I like.
GGs, gents! Really curious to see the sandbox stuff here too.

Every time I play striker Titian I realize I shouldn't play striker Titan.

Hedera

Are we really not getting the new exotics in the April update? That's probably what I was most excited about, trying the new perks out.
Guys why did I just pre-order a $260 Final Fantasy game? What has happened to my impulse control?
Dat artbook! I would've been tempted to try and preorder one if only it didn't come with a figure. Hate figures in Collector's Editions... I'll settle for the deluxe.

X-Frame

To clarify from the stream, we can get a maximum of 3 Sterling Treasure boxes per week, without paying extra?

They come from Level 41 PoE once a week, Weekly Crucible participation once a week, and Postmaster once a week. No more chances or avenues to get more in the week by playing more of something or farming, correct?

Also, I wonder if the Postmaster's treasure box will continue to come in even if you don't sign on for weeks, or if it requires some activity.

To clarify from the stream, we can get a maximum of 3 Sterling Treasure boxes per week, without paying extra?

They come from Level 41 PoE once a week, Weekly Crucible participation once a week, and Postmaster once a week. No more chances or avenues to get more in the week by playing more of something or farming, correct?

Also, I wonder if the Postmaster's treasure box will continue to come in even if you don't sign on for weeks, or if it requires some activity.

Three a week, account wide. Yep.

The one from the postmaster will work like weekly Variks rewards (once you get to HoJ rank 3), you'll have to log-in each week to collect them, they won't stack.

Morning DGAF. I had a dream LnKn contacted me about my own grimoire card. I had him put the following as the text:

"Yeaaa! Shock Cit-Nooooooooooooo!"
"Ape pls"

IB was rough last night. I ran with Turtle and Manny and it was a constant struggle. I'll be down for more tonight if anyone is interested.

Is there SBMM if you are really bad? Asking for a friend.

Bungie sends SBMM to rain on the scrubs and the pros alike. If your stats are bad then you will get matched into lobbies with mostly other bad-stat players, but it also depends on connection quality of available players to keep your queue time low. MM has always been a mixture of SB and CB while maintaining a hopefully reasonable wait time.

Division will have a "gear score" in the game when they bring in incursions but for some reason it's not in the game yet. The difficulty of Challenging mode would be much more clear if they included the gear score. Massive really should have put a recommended gear score on the challenging modes.
*snip*

Yo Deku, thanks for typing this up! Very helpful information. Definitely agree about the gear score on challenge modes. I assumed I was under-geared but didn't have a good way to quantify what my expectations should've been. I'll give it another shot eventually. Besides I know a few people on PC that could probably carry me, lol.

Are we really not getting the new exotics in the April update? That's probably what I was most excited about, trying the new perks out.
Deej said nothing about the old exotics going to Instagram, so I am hoping that the Instagram will go live again after next week's stream.
Morning DGAF. I had a dream LnKn contacted me about my own grimoire card. I had him put the following as the text:

"Yeaaa! Shock Cit-Nooooooooooooo!"
"Ape pls"

IB was rough last night. I ran with Turtle and Manny and it was a constant struggle. I'll be down for more tonight if anyone is interested.
Grimoire card begging? Sad. ;)
Cathedral of Dusk is the ultimate buzz killer, fuck everything about that map
Someone on Reddit had a great post about moving the spawns and tweaking some stuff on the map to make it playable a while ago. Bungie would never realistically eliminate it from the playlists, but those changes would have helped. It really is miserable to spawn, run fifteen seconds, and then get insta-sniped.

Hedera

Deej said nothing about the old exotics going to Instagram, so I am hoping that the Instagram will go live again after next week's stream.
Fingers crossed, but not getting my hopes too high considering the way they're doing things. This is the week gear is being shown and talked about. Maybe a glimpse of hope in today's update.

Fingers crossed, but not getting my hopes too high considering the way they're doing things. This is the week gear is being shown and talked about. Maybe a glimpse of hope in today's update.
They're obviously holding onto VoG and Crota's End to update some time before the next big expansion, so my hopes are low too. They might save the new exotics for mid-summer. Kind of shitty since they advertised TTK with many of these new exotics like the Void and Firelord and Astrocyte Verse in the press materials/preview vids.

WeTeHa

They're obviously holding onto VoG and Crota's End to update some time before the next big expansion, so my hopes are low too. They might save the new exotics for mid-summer.

Yeah, that's what it seems like. Update CE 6-8 weeks after the april update, update VoG 6-8 weeks after the CE update. Then we have at least something to do until the fall expansion.

Not gonna lie (or rage). But really sad that Bungie has abandoned cosmetic only Microtranscations. Bungie always seemed above that, but I guess not.

200w.gif

Also sad they have abandoned shaders applying to class items.

Hedera

They're obviously holding onto VoG and Crota's End to update some time before the next big expansion, so my hopes are low too. They might save the new exotics for mid-summer. Kind of shitty since they advertised TTK with many of these new exotics like the Void and Firelord and Astrocyte Verse in the press materials/preview vids.
Totally forgot about the other variations of the Thunderlord. They never mentioned them at all.

Nyari

Neo Member

I'm afraid that they'll hold them back for the Destiny 3.0 expansion this fall, same with the possible return of VOG and CE.
It would be a dick move but let's just say they don't exactly get my vote of confidence right now

I'm afraid that they'll hold them back for the Destiny 3.0 expansion this fall, same with the possible return of VOG and CE.
It would be a dick move but let's just say they don't exactly get my vote of confidence right now
Actual expansions will always be about new content rather than recycling old content (barring the argument that running through a level backwards is not new and reskinning old guns is not new.) They definitely wouldn't include it as a day one kind of thing, but maybe after that, yes. When you do the math on their "16 weeks of content" for PoE that takes us to early/mid-August.

Nyari

Neo Member
Actual expansions will always be about new content rather than recycling old content (barring the argument that running through a level backwards is not new and reskinning old guns is not new.) They definitely wouldn't include it as a day one kind of thing, but maybe after that, yes. When you do the math on their "16 weeks of content" for PoE that takes us to early/mid-August.

Let's say they want to release 3.0 around the same time as TTK last year, asuming they'll use the same release strategy (release early in the fall season to avoid getting drowned out by other AAA releases).
That would mean we'd only get to enjoy the reworked VOG and CE for 1 month before new, higher light level content releases. I really don't see them go through all that effort to provide us with 1 to 1.5 months of content.
Don't get me wrong, i'd be thrilled if they did this, but i just don't see it happening.

Homeboyd

Have several questions from the streams so far. Some of this could've been discussed, I couldn't watch with volume some of the time (and haven't re-watched):

- In order to get the full taken "shader" look, you have to use all 4 pieces correct? So, if I want to use an exotic armor piece, does that mean 3 pieces will have the taken look and the exotic just won't (same if I only had acquired 3 of the 4 taken pieces)? Or does it turn off the taken look all together unless all 4 pieces are worn together?

- When they mentioned the Trials-like card for PoE; How exactly does this work for PoE and what are the rewards for turning it (the "trials-like card") in once completed? Or did that go out the window with the mis-info re: checkpoints not actually being a thing?

- Are the 41 MM and 42 Challenge modes both only 3 rounds each?

- Will saved legendary and exotic engrams decrypt at pre-April update levels (as always for legendaries), or can saved exotic engrams drop the 'up-to-335' variants if you wait to decrypt them post-update?

- They're showing new exotics on their instagram, assuming these are the ones that are being brought forward to 335. Does this mean any exotics that are currently in year 2's pool are stuck at 320, or can they also jump to 335 along with these instagram exotics? Can any year 2 weapons jump to 335 (I guess is the question)?

- Does still having a year 1 version of any of the legendaries they are bringing forward have any significance at all on acquiring/using the new "335" versions? Guessing no since they now have yr 2 perks. What about exotics? If I already own a Patience and Time (and have it unlocked in the kiosk), do I have to get another to drop (or buy a new one from the kiosk) to get it to 335? Or will my old P&T just be upgraded to a version that can be upgraded to 335 without me doing anything?

- Once the "hotfix" is deployed, will King's Fall Challenge Mode guarantee 335 drops? I know KF HM will be updated to have a chance to drop 335 gear, but I'm wondering specifically about the Challenge Mode, post-hotfix.

- The new taken guns only drop from the new strike, correct? And these can drop up to 335? Is there a taken variant of each weapon type, or was it just the shotgun and sword and did they say if these are "new" guns with different stats/perks, or are they just normal guns we've seen with taken skins?

- What's the difference in the method of acquiring the weapons we saw yesterday that had the Queen emblem on them vs the "fallen" looking weapons (where they showed off the red/white chromas)? Are the fallen weapons only acquired from Variks by completing the high score challenges and the Queen's weapons are only earned from ranking up Petra? Can either of these drop from 41 MM or 42 Challenge PoE at the end of the activity (and at what possible LL)?

- Did he say mats/consumables also got an extra page of vault space?

- Do you have to run Tier 3 CoO only for a chance at a 335 artifact (and does it have to be your rune) or can any tier drop them, no matter who drops the rune?

- Is exotic infusion also 1:1?

- Did they mention what the minimum (or recommended) LL was for 41 MM PoE and 42 Challenge Mode?

- On scoring for the Sigil, if you're on the final round and have yet to hit your desired high score, will adds infinitely respawn allowing you to get your desired score before bringing down the boss? I know there's a timer that will drop your score by 50 points each time it ticks down, but it seems worth it to take that hit to allow more waves of adds to keep spawning.

I think that's all I've got for now. Tyia.

Bungie sends SBMM to rain on the scrubs and the pros alike. If your stats are bad then you will get matched into lobbies with mostly other bad-stat players, but it also depends on connection quality of available players to keep your queue time low.

Ah, makes sense. My partner's K/D is much higher when she's not in a fireteam with me, which I hadn't thought would still be the case with recent changes to more CBMM.

Will saved legendary and exotic engrams decrypt at pre-April update levels (as always for legendaries), or can saved exotic engrams drop the 'up-to-335' variants if you wait to decrypt them post-update?

They haven't said one way or the other; when TTK launched pre-TTK engrams wouldn't do this, but since then engrams have decoded to post-update items.

[...]Does this mean any exotics that are currently in year 2's pool are stuck at 320[...]

[Year 1 Legendaries brought forward?] What about exotics? If I already own a Patience and Time (and have it unlocked in the kiosk), do I have to get another to drop (or buy a new one from the kiosk) to get it to 335?

All year 2 stuff can be infused to the new max light level, surely? (didn't they bump a 280 up to 335, or am I imagining things?).

Don't know about the advanced Year 1 legendaries; the only clue might be that they still have their original expansion icon in the corner even at 335.

Presumably you need to wait for a Year 2 Exotic to drop or get it from the kiosk for marks.

holy cow that's a lot of questions, I'll give it a shot....

- In order to get the full taken "shader" look, you have to use all 4 pieces correct? So, if I want to use an exotic armor piece, does that mean 3 pieces will have the taken look and the exotic just won't (same if I only had acquired 3 of the 4 taken pieces)? Or does it turn off the taken look all together unless all 4 pieces are worn together?

The Taken armor pieces are just that: armor pieces that have the Taken appearance by default. It wasn't clear how or even if actual shaders would affect their appearance but wearing other armor wouldn't affect the appearance of the Taken armor. In your example the exotic armor just wouldn't appear Taken but the Taken armor still would.

- When they mentioned the Trials-like card for PoE; How exactly does this work for PoE and what are the rewards for turning it (the "trials-like card") in once completed? Or did that go out the window with the mis-info re: checkpoints not actually being a thing?

There were two goals: achieve high score in a single run (30k points) and cumulative score over all PoE runs during a week (90k points). Afaik the rewards include the new PoE gear like the Her Fury sniper they've shown, which can drop at up to 335 Light but not guaranteed. The CP-reversal wasn't related to the progression card itself.

- Are the 41 MM and 42 Challenge modes both only 3 rounds each?

Presumably yes. They only played the 42 but it makes sense that the lower level wouldn't be more rounds. Maybe someone remembers if they said otherwise.

- Will saved legendary and exotic engrams decrypt at pre-April update levels (as always for legendaries), or can saved exotic engrams drop the 'up-to-335' variants if you wait to decrypt them post-update?

Nobody knows for sure, but history suggests they'll decrypt at pre-update levels. Traditionally the gear from an engram was determined when the engram dropped which is why you always got pre-update stuff even if decrypted post-update. The only exception was unopened packages which had to be opened first to generate the engrams.

- They're showing new exotics on their instagram, assuming these are the ones that are being brought forward to 335. Does this mean any exotics that are currently in year 2's pool are stuck at 320, or can they also jump to 335 along with these instagram exotics? Can any year 2 weapons jump to 335 (I guess is the question)?

Any year 2 gear, including currently available exotics, will be able to reach 335. Either by infusion or by decrypting exotic engrams (probably ones that were acquired post-update and probably dependent on your Light level similar to how you had to be 300+ to get a chance at 310 exotic decryption).

- Does still having a year 1 version of any of the legendaries they are bringing forward have any significance at all on acquiring/using the new "335" versions? Guessing no since they now have yr 2 perks. What about exotics? If I already own a Patience and Time (and have it unlocked in the kiosk), do I have to get another to drop (or buy a new one from the kiosk) to get it to 335? Or will my old P&T just be upgraded to a version that can be upgraded to 335 without me doing anything?

No. The year 1 legendaries will be acquired through engrams with year 2 perks. Any year 1 gear you currently have is still stuck in year 1, exotic or legendary.

- Once the "hotfix" is deployed, will King's Fall Challenge Mode guarantee 335 drops? I know KF HM will be updated to have a chance to drop 335 gear, but I'm wondering specifically about the Challenge Mode, post-hotfix.

They haven't commented on Challenge Mode drops afaik. Presumably they'd get bumped to 335 but currently unconfirmed.

- The new taken guns only drop from the new strike, correct? And these can drop up to 335? Is there a taken variant of each weapon type, or was it just the shotgun and sword and did they say if these are "new" guns with different stats/perks, or are they just normal guns we've seen with taken skins?

Any strike-exclusive gear can drop up to 335. I must have missed it if he said where they'd be acquired. I haven't seen any other Taken weapons besides the two shown. They should be "new" weapons, similar to how the Taken armor are new armor pieces.

- What's the difference in the method of acquiring the weapons we saw yesterday that had the Queen emblem on them vs the "fallen" looking weapons (where they showed off the red/white chromas)? Are the fallen weapons only acquired from Variks by completing the high score challenges and the Queen's weapons are only earned from ranking up Petra? Can either of these drop from 41 MM or 42 Challenge PoE at the end of the activity (and at what possible LL)?

Not sure if they've specified this. Maybe someone else can answer better.

- Did he say mats/consumables also got an extra page of vault space?

I don't think he said but presumably yes.

- Do you have to run Tier 3 CoO only for a chance at a 335 artifact (and does it have to be your rune) or can any tier drop them, no matter who drops the rune?

Based on original CoO, you would have to use your own T3 rune for a chance at the highest light Legendary artifacts. They didn't comment specifically for the update though.

- Is exotic infusion also 1:1?

They didn't say explicitly but presumably yes.

- Did they mention what the minimum (or recommended) LL was for 41 MM PoE and 42 Challenge Mode?

Mentioned last week that PoE 41 is 260 recommended and PoE 42 is 320 recommended.

- On scoring for the Sigil, if you're on the final round and have yet to hit your desired high score, will adds infinitely respawn allowing you to get your desired score before bringing down the boss? I know there's a timer that will drop your score by 50 points each time it ticks down, but it seems worth it to take that hit to allow more waves of adds to keep spawning.

The adds were said to spawn on boss-health-based triggers, not timed triggers. So there wouldn't be an unlimited amount but based on the stream it didn't seem too demanding to hit the high score.

I think that's all I've got for now. Tyia.

GhaleonEB

I won't cross post it, since it's a huge post, but I said my piece about the whole grab bag/chroma/amor for sale thing here on the Gaming thread.

It's something that only bugged me a little bit, and then I slept on it and woke up to realize how awful it really is. I'm really bummed about the direction the game is going now.

Top Bottom