• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Remember the time that Bungie literally hired a Reddit mod to become a Community Manager? I'm sure that had no effect on the subreddit at all....

I'm neutral on Cozmo so far.

He's had very little appearance since he was hired on, but at the same time, I know he plays the game, and he plays it often, and he even plays it well.

He raids, and plays trials more than probably everyone on the PvP Sandbox team put together. So at least 3 hours a week.

That said, what few times he has had to address the public, he seems to have chosen to use Deej's writing style, and over fluffs the piece to the point that it feels like he's too afraid to be his own person still.

Trakan

Honestly, what bugs me about Chroma more than anything is that I don't have 4 empty inventory slots on me regularly.

I've got 20 slots

• Weapon Parts
  • Armor Parts
  • Spinmetal
  • Helium
  • Spirit Bloom
  • Relic Iron
  • Wormspore
  • Hadium
  • Moldering Shards
  • Passage Coins
  • Strange Coins
  • Exotic Shards
  • Motes of Light

That's 13 out of 20.

Now, I'll likely have to start carrying Court of Oryx runes again. So that's another 3 slots. And of course, Stolen and Antiquated take up 2 slots basically. So that puts me at 18 out of 20.

Now I'm expected to carry 4 more items on top of it...

Bleh...

I don't get why you'd need Chroma, passage coins, strange coins, hadium flakes, or moldering shards on you at all times.

I understand the concern over the armor even though I don't feel the same way as some of you but I think Chroma is going to be something we all have plenty of.

SpecX

HwSgEMp.gif

Done, I'm buying it. Yes I know I'm part of the problem, but these little things I can't resist.

I don't get why you'd need Chroma, passage coins, strange coins, hadium flakes, or moldering shards on you at all times.

I understand the concern over the armor even though I don't feel the same way as some of you but I think Chroma is going to be something we all have plenty of.

most of these items are awarded to me from regular play, thus I pretty much keep them on me at all times.

Otherwise I have to make a trip to the tower at the end of every play session to dump my haul for the day.

It's just easier to keep stacks on me.

This is probably the most universally negative reaction I've seen from DGAF yet, I don't blame the opinions at all. It's incredible how far off the mark they are with these updates.

So on the new stuff-
You can only earn Chroma Gear from faction packages
If you dismantle a Chroma piece, you get a random Chroma consumable
Faction reputation gains have been boosted globally, 'dramaticaly increased'
The Taken Shotgun is the unique drop from Winters Run. Only 1 Taken weapon
The Sterling treasure pieces all come with Chroma(The new gear)
Both the Taken Armor and the Spektar armor come from the sterling boxes

This means that both the armor sets, Taken and the new line of 'Spektar' gear are only available from the box.(Not completely verified yet if it ONLY drops from there)

That means that there is apparently NO NEW DROPS for armor from any activity.

Trakan

most of these items are awarded to me from regular play, thus I pretty much keep them on me at all times.

Otherwise I have to make a trip to the tower at the end of every play session to dump my haul for the day.

It's just easier to keep stacks on me.

They can be out of your inventory in seconds with something like DIM.

Armor drops from completing POE each week, I don't remember what set it's from though.

What was the exact wording on this?
I thought they specified you can't buy it from the vendor, but you could get it from packages, but I get faction gear from engrams all the time, so is it possible to get the new New Monarchy set just from random engrams I get while playing?

There really wasn't exact wording because it's Bungie. From what they said on stream, it seems like the Tower is not getting a refresh at all, and we're getting all old stuff sold at the vendors and in engrams. They said the way to get faction chroma armor was through packages, that's about it. It's speculation.

So on the new stuff-
You can only earn Chroma Gear from faction packages
If you dismantle a Chroma piece, you get a random Chroma consumable
Faction reputation gains have been boosted globally, 'dramaticaly increased'
The Taken Shotgun is the unique drop from Winters Run. Only 1 Taken weapon
The Sterling treasure pieces all come with Chroma(The new gear)
Both the Taken Armor and the Spektar armor come from the sterling boxes

This means that both the armor sets, Taken and the new line of 'Spektar' gear are only available from the box.(Not completely verified yet if it ONLY drops from there)

I thought they specified you can't buy it from the vendor, but you could get it from packages, but I get faction gear from engrams all the time, so is it possible to get the new New Monarchy set just from random engrams I get while playing?

They can be out of your inventory in seconds with something like DIM.

Again, I'm not going to hop on my phone at the end of every activity I do so I can manage my in game back pack.

The Chroma enabled faction gear only drops from faction packages. You can probably still buy the New Monarchy gear, it just won't have Chroma.

Armor drops from completing POE each week, I don't remember what set it's from though.

There really wasn't exact wording because it's Bungie. From what they said on stream, it seems like the Tower is not getting a refresh at all, and we're getting all old stuff sold at the vendors and in engrams. They said the way to get faction chroma armor was through packages, that's about it. It's speculation.

You get a package from completing PoE, you can also turn in the score card for a random Queens weapon. There was no confirmation that armor dropped from it, and they definitely didn't hint at it.

Trakan

The Chroma enabled faction gear only drops from faction packages. You can probably still buy the New Monarchy gear, it just won't have Chroma.

You get a package from completing PoE, you can also turn in the score card for a random Queens weapon. There was no confirmation that armor dropped from it, and they definitely didn't hint at it.

Is that what it was? I thought you got a weapon for high score on the challenge card and armor for the weekly score. I'm going to have to check the stream from last week.

Update, and it's a doozy. Ways to make us grind incessantly.
“Year One Legendary Weapons will drop from Legendary Engrams...”
In reality, Year One Legendary Weapons come from Vanguard/Crucible reward packages
Level up with the Quartermasters for a chance to gain a Year One Legendary with up to 330 Light
Reputations gains have increased greatly in Strikes, the Crucible, and Prison Of Elders

List of y1 weapons-
The Devil You Know
Shadow Price
LDR 5001
Badger CCL
The Comedian
THE SWARM
Y-09 Longbow Synthesis
Grim Citizen III
Two to the Morgue
Zombie Apocalypse WF47
The Saterienne Rapier

Variks stuff is going away and only available from grinding faction upgrades-
They’re not gone forever. You’ll find them in reward packages that you earn when you achieve a new rank with the House of Judgement. Please Variks to earn his old wares. Yesssss?

STERLING BOX ARMOR WILL FEATURE RANDOM PERKS. MEANING YOU WILL GET RANDOM ARMOR EVERY TIME, POSSIBLY DUPLICATES

Like any of the Legendary items that you earn in Destiny, the new Armor will draw perks at random from a pool of potential attributes. This includes the Intellect, Discipline, and Strength ratings, as well as the talent nodes. Regardless of the bonuses, Armor acquired from Sterling Treasure boxes will always start at 3 Light. You'll need to earn Infusion-fuel in the form of higher-level gear from the playable Activities that grant those rewards.

Heres a link to the trash
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44531/

This is absolute trash. Just absolute trash. You can now PAY to get the 'perfect perk roll'. So you can buy 'power' if you value some perks over others.

Ohoho, Bungie, you should fire your developers who make these decisions. Drizzay, I don't care if you hate that type of talk, but when Bungie makes trash mistakes, then they'll be treated as such.

Is that what it was? I thought you got a weapon for high score on the challenge card and armor for the weekly score. I'm going to have to check the stream from last week.

Hang on. This isn't quite right.

You get a Sterling Treasure for your first PoE matchmaking finish for the week.

You get an Armor piece for completing the 90,000 (over as many games as you need) total points on a card for CoE.

You get a Weapon for completing the 30,000 points in one run on a card for CoE.

Hang on. This isn't quite right.

You get a Sterling Treasure for your first PoE matchmaking finish for the week.

You get an Armor piece for completing the 90,000 (over as many games as you need) total points on a card for CoE.

You get a Weapon for completing the 30,000 points in one run on a card for CoE.

You are correct-
Players who achieve High and Cumulative scores are guaranteed Weapons and Armor

But it doesn't specify if it's from the new armor line. As of now, it's safe to assume that the sterling box loot will be unique to it(I don't see them offering 4 chances at getting their 'premium' gear, thus finishing the content fast)

Huh... up to 330 items from vanguard/crucible rank ups.

I wonder what the range of drops will be. 280-330?

IIRC last I played, being at around 315 light level, I rarely got any item over 300 light level from a package

Yeah I just double checked the stream. What the hell set is it from then?

https://youtu.be/2LRS0YqIJvA?t=25m31s

I feel they would've mentioned if it was one of the new armor lines that drop from the scorecard thing. Might just be grabbed from the pool of current legendaries, or a repurposed set for PoE.

LOL, oh boy, the armor that you can buy doesn't even look at that great.

Edit: I'm speaking about the Hunter class.

Titans look dope and Warlocks look meh.

LOL, oh boy, the armor that you can buy doesn't even look at that great.

It's the principle. It's taking away from things player could earn and sticking them behind their mobile timers and paywalls. And a player should make their own choices whether they like the armor or not.

Only being able to get year one stuff from ranking up is incredibly shitty, especially with the introduction of new consumable rep boosters. I really would like to hear an honest justification for all of the design choices they are making.

Only being able to get year one stuff from ranking up is incredibly shitty, especially with the introduction of new consumable rep boosters. I really would like to hear an honest justification for all of the design choices they are making.

Play more. Grind more.

On a positive note, a new emblem to earn from Mercury is cool...you know...unless it's RNG like the Scarab.

It's going to be RNG like the Scarab :(

Edit: They're probably going to make a bunch of money off people buying those boxes...

Wow, they did it again.

You can't earn year 1 legendaries from Legendary Engrams?! That's sad. Let them be purchasable by Vendors that change their selection AND rolls once a week (or can argue, once a day or once every 3-4 days). Let them decrypt from engrams that you can get a crap ton of by completing events and whatnot. Let them come from faction/vanguard/crucible packages.

Like HOW IS THAT SO HARD?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

There's so many different rolls and stats you can get from weapons/gear. We need more ways to obtain them, SHEESH.

Also, engrams should be cheaper from mister cryptarch.

This looks bad in written form. And, I will never get that trails emblem before it goes the way of the dodo. I feel next week, it's going to be make or break for many.

Get them from Vanguard/Crucible packages... in a total coincidence, you can level up those factions faster with items randomly available in Mystery Boxes (available soon at an Eververse kiosk near you).

Lol. What a farce.

Axoman

Wow, they did it again.

You can't earn year 1 legendaries from Legendary Engrams?! That's sad. Let them be purchasable by Vendors that change their selection AND rolls once a week (or can argue, once a day or once every 3-4 days). Let them decrypt from engrams that you can get a crap ton of by completing events and whatnot. Let them come from faction/vanguard/crucible packages.

Like HOW IS THAT SO HARD?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

There's so many different rolls and stats you can get from weapons/gear. We need more ways to obtain them, SHEESH.

Also, engrams should be cheaper from mister cryptarch.

I'd like to think there is a technical reason why all the new things are coming from packages, like maybe it's a huge pain to update vendors and the live team doesn't have the ability to do it. Or, we can be cynical and assume it's like this to pave the way for future paid packages.

Get them from Vanguard/Crucible packages... in a total coincidence, you can level up those factions faster with items randomly available in Mystery Boxes (available soon at an Eververse kiosk near you).

Lol. What a farce.

Yup. It's obvious that microtransactions are affecting their design choices.

New Chroma enabled faction gear+Y1 legendaries only available through level up packages
Mystery Box contains rep boosters
New armor possibly only available through mystery box as well(?)
---
I hope you guys enjoy that going forward, we're only get reskinned armor for 'free' and the new stuff will be available through a paywall /s

Trakan

I'd like to think there is a technical reason why all the new things are coming from packages, like maybe it's a huge pain to update vendors and the live team doesn't have the ability to do it. Or, we can be cynical and assume it's like this to pave the way for future paid packages.

I just want to know how the people who made the game don't know how things work. They specifically had special notes this week so they didn't make any mistakes yet we still get bullet points on this update of things that were said but were actually untrue. What kind of company are they running?

Mindlog

The new Silver reforging system is awful. I don't believe they realize how awful it is though. They do want to make money and want to take advantage of the weak. However, I don't believe they realize how much Silver reforging undermines many design decisions.

I'd like to get Press Sneak Fuck's view on things.
You might be thinking “Duh, Datto, if you just scroll up, you’ll clearly see that “Infinite” is the Chroma-compatible line for Future War Cult.”
JTzWOAj.jpg

Is this PUA negging?

The new Silver reforging system is awful. I don't believe they realize how awful it is though. They do want to make money and want to take advantage of the weak. However, I don't believe they realize how much Silver reforging undermines many design decisions.

How to earn the love of the love of the community-Insult one of your biggest fanboys.

I saw Dattos update video on it, and he thought it was a great update. Despite being mostly about microtransactions. I felt Datto was reserved because if he spoke out against Master Bungie, they'd cut him off.

Deku made a good point-
In Destiny "new content" is letting you grind to get your old stuff back and offering new micro transactions too.

Klyka

Banned
I'll jump back in on the 12th and check out the actual "new content" but I don't see myself grinding even a tiny bit for any of this.

Top Bottom