• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

I'll jump back in on the 12th and check out the actual "new content" but I don't see myself grinding even a tiny bit for any of this.

Yeah....it's like, I want to play Destiny. I want to play it. But it's shit like this that makes me not want to play it. The theme of this content is literally 'Grind for old stuff, or buy the new stuff'.

So the april update is basically

PoE Year 2 + Microtransactions.

I'm totally fine with that, MT have funded Sparrow Racing and this update. It's cool with me and I'll likely drop some silver to buy some of them.

That said I want really sizeable content updates. If we have nothing from April to September then It's going to get dry again real quick.

One point I will make is that Recycling old content and reskinning is a VERY poor longevity plan. It just stinks of laziness.

Ryck

Yeah....it's like, I want to play Destiny. I want to play it. But it's shit like this that makes me not want to play it. The theme of this content is literally 'Grind for old stuff, or buy the new stuff'.
Yeah this is bad... really bad. WTF Bungie??

I'm having a train of thought, but Blizzard did it in a great way. First in order to give value to the old stuff, they put out transmogrification. It gave reason to run old content. For new people to experience that old content. Since those old raids already had huge loot tables, people could spend hundreds of hours going for the perfect transmogrification.

Then they would 'remake' dungeons and update them. Again, this wasn't a simple level increase, kinda like what they're doing with PoE but with more effort to it.

Then they introduced 'timewalker'(?) dungeons, which would delevel you to the original level of the dungeon and you'd have to play it as if it was back in the day.

Not only that but they introduced challenge dungeons, where if you completed all the challenge modes you got a cool looking armor set and mount.

If Destiny went subscription, and that guaranteed that there was 90% less microtransactions, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

It's been almost a year since I've played Bloodborne and damn do I suck at it now haha.

I want to blame Destiny but I can't. I blame myself! I need to prepare for April 12th, somehow. I mean Destiny, Dark Souls and Division. What a day.

I just need to figure out the time I'm going to play everything. What time does Bungie's update come out?! :X

Definitely going to check out at least 1x PoE challenge mode and the new strike, when it goes live. I'm going to guess it'll be at noon. Dark Souls will be ready to play at midnight-ish. I'll play that until Destiny update. Then back to DS. Then Division at night if my friend's want to play that.

Daemul

Honestly I agree, I would gladly pay a subscription fee over getting this microtransactions shit, it's gotten ridiculous now.

WeTeHa

Honestly I agree, I would gladly pay a subscription fee over getting this microtransactions shit, it's gotten ridiculous now.
Nah, subs suck as well, a little less than MTs though. I'd rather pay 20-25€ every other month/once a quarter to get actually new content when it's out without the MTs. If I can't play for a couple of weeks then I don't feel like I wasted money/got ripped off.
Sadly, we're so far down the MT-rabbit hole, they're never going away. Expecting MT's with every content drop from now on.

So uhhh, are there any actual new legendary or exotics in that update? Looks like just old stuff.
I'm still waiting on the warlock exotic helmet they showed before the last expansion came out.

Didn't expect the trials emblem to be replaced. Looks like I've got two more weeks to get one. What are the chances that we'll get shitty maps?

And who's doing carries? ;)

maomaoIYP

I've played 3 games of IB this time around and simply can't bring myself to play more in the wake of this clusterfuck of Bungie's true colors shining through.

Edit: The only good news was the 100% infusion, but considering that I think raising the light level was an unnecessary distraction to begin with, I think I might be done with Destiny.

NeOak

That Taken armor looks like trash. That Fallen themed armor was awful on HoW. No shader or effect can make me not see the ugly spikes coming from the hunter's elbow like a trio of stiff dicks.

Well, 99% of the hunter helmets look like an ass for a face.

Helmets:
Taken = Fallen. Barf
Dead Orbit? Why am I biting a can of coke?
New Monarchy? Ehhhh so so. Looks decent.
FWC? "Look ma, I'm a badass"

0 incentive to bother. Hunter gear looks ass. Bring back the original launch vanguard gear ffs.

NeOak

The FWC set is the original launch Vanguard gear. It does have FWC colors though.
The shaders don't change those the same way. And you look like a walking FWC neon sign from Times Square.

And I wish my Ghost Cloak from launch didn't have 30 LL. Shader changes it!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Paging SpottyBug and netguy for the newbie raid. Are you around?

Edit: MIA I guess

I need 2 to help with a newbie KF then...

SheHateMe

Hey guys! How's it going? I brought pizza with-
fire_community.gif

Holy shit.

I... *sigh*

When I said I was taking a break from Destiny for a while, I thought that maybe things would become better. Maybe not better, just... something different than what we have.

The slippery slope is real.

Destiny was one of two reasons why I bought a PS4, if I'm being honest. (The other was a long shot that turned out to be true as of E3 last year.)

I've spent time and money on this game; time and money well spent, if you ask me. However, with this update and how everything is shaking out (or shaking me down as it were) I don't think I can give it more time and money.

Well, maybe some more time. But certainly not any more money.

And that's a hard stance to have, you know? Like, I enjoy this game. A LOT. The politics and schemes and the 0.04% and the nerf bats to everything is what I don't enjoy.

I'm sincerely hoping that Destiny 2 is better than this.

I'm not holding my breath, however.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Newbie raiders, tentative plans to run it Saturday at 3pm EST if you can make it. Will confirm and reopen the form tomorrow.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Ape and whoever is running bubble bros and I'm just going on a rampage with my sunbreaker. They build orbs for me, I fly around and make them run like chicken wusses. Four game win streak but we just lost one.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Ape is really good with callouts. Which helps me know how to go around the map either killing, defending or not pushing.

Almost had another mark of unbroken.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I don't get the "win with at least a score of 2500."

I got 5000+ overall score and team won by nearly 7k but bounty did not complete.

th3dude

Hey guys! How's it going? I brought pizza with-
fire_community.gif

Holy shit.

I... *sigh*

When I said I was taking a break from Destiny for a while, I thought that maybe things would become better. Maybe not better, just... something different than what we have.

The slippery slope is real.

Destiny was one of two reasons why I bought a PS4, if I'm being honest. (The other was a long shot that turned out to be true as of E3 last year.)

I've spent time and money on this game; time and money well spent, if you ask me. However, with this update and how everything is shaking out (or shaking me down as it were) I don't think I can give it more time and money.

Well, maybe some more time. But certainly not any more money.

And that's a hard stance to have, you know? Like, I enjoy this game. A LOT. The politics and schemes and the 0.04% and the nerf bats to everything is what I don't enjoy.

I'm sincerely hoping that Destiny 2 is better than this.

I'm not holding my breath, however.

Well said, my man. Great GIF use, too.

Honestly, I bought my PS4 for Destiny, too. And I feel exactly the way you do.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'll stay away then. ☺

Don't worry I'll snuggle huggle with you, our sexy talk will be more ranting than whispering though

;3

So from that Bungie tweet it looks like we certainly will be getting duplicates in packages, so yeah...
Why is information never set and just told, why is it always oh yeah 1 more thing we were wrong about or forgot to mention, whoops!

Ramma2

I need a buddy or 2 to knock out some crucible fire team objectives for a quest, LtCasual if anyone us interested. PS4

Top Bottom