• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
We are 7 - 2. Just lost to a team of warlocks.

And we wrecked them next game, yet me almost going unbroken again.

Great post on Reddit.
Top replies as of now are two of the most rationalized bar-shifting posts I've seen in quite some time.

It doesn't help when dumb idiots like these are defending this-
It hasn't been ignored.
It has been noted that due to the fact that RNG is still inplay doing so is likely to be prohibitively expensive.

HUR DUR IT DOESN'T MATTER CAUSE IT WOULD COST TOO MUCH MONEY TO GET THE PERFECT ROLL.

Yeah, and people will happily pay for it to get that edge you dumbass. "It has been noted" get the fuck out of here.

No wonder Bungie is doing what they're doing, dumbasses like this enable them to continue down their slippery slope.

Great post on Reddit.
Top replies as of now are two of the most rationalized bar-shifting posts I've seen in quite some time.

I love the argument that people dumb enough to spend money to roll a bunch of armor looking for perks would be too dumb to have a job.

I don't know if the stat rolls are an issue though. I think the actual stat values are tied to light level, so the higher the light level the higher the stats. So even if someone spent money it wouldn't matter what stat rolls they had since they are 3 light and would need to be infused to get decent stat values anyways. I could be totally wrong though.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My philosophy is play what you want, enjoy what you want. Bungie is doing things that are no different from many other companies. I don't like what Capcom and NRS has done with future fighters but it is what it is. That being said this game needs a lot of fixing. They fix one thing and other issues pop up and it keeps repeating. The game is not balanced and don't think it will ever be unless they change a lot of things about the game that is core to the game play.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You are expecting too much from a game that isn't F2P. I'd say for what we paid for the game including whatever microtransactions up to this point, we got way pass our money's worth. At least I did. Spring update is free with microtransactions. Bungie has servers to upkeep and bills to pay too. That's just how I see it.

Ballistic

You are expecting too much from a game that isn't F2P. I'd say for what we paid for the game including whatever microtransactions up to this point, we got way pass our money's worth. At least I did. Spring update is free with microtransactions. Bungie has servers to upkeep and bills to pay too. That's just how I see it.

I still enjoy playing the game and most of the time others games only hold my attention for ashort period of time.

the_id

My thoughts exactly. They need to get some revenue stream going for their current model of F2P. And the way the gaming market has evolved, micro transaction is the best model they've got.

The hardest thing for them is to avoid a Pay-to-win structure. I hope it doesn't go that way. This slippery slope is getting slipperier.

Then make it subscription based.

Or just make the game free and they can keep the same amount of microtransactions. I don't think anyone else will look at this mess and say 'Boy that's a good deal'.

I think what's really frustrating me is that they really have had zero content drip for Y2. Y1 it wasn't difficult to exhaust the content, however the rate at which it came out drew the game out. Of course you have things like trials, which when it was brand new injected a ton of life into this game. A lack of experimentation and things that should be expected, like custom matchmaking or voting for next maps should have been implemented a long time ago. I'd much rather pay $100 for a years worth of content than what ever in the hell they are doing now. It just feels like they had no real plan going into Y2. I hope Y3 has a lot more direction in terms of stretching content and keeping the game fresh.

This is where Destiny is at for me. In terms for the near future.
FV233jq.jpg

If you drop a frog in a pot of boiling water, it will of course frantically try to clamber out. But if you place it gently in a pot of tepid water and turn the heat on low, it will float there quite placidly. As the water gradually heats up, the frog will sink into a tranquil stupor, exactly like one of us in a hot bath, and before long, with a smile on its face, it will unresistingly allow itself to be boiled to death.

sono

Gold Member
How do I create a fireteam from a bunch of randoms in this game ?

My PSN friends dont play destiny

It seems to be the most ridiculous barrier.

I am level 40 light 293 but havent/cant play level 20 something raid

Ji66a-Man

I wonder what Bungie has up their sleeve for April Fools Day. Didn't they have dancing guardians on Bungie.net last year? It's also Black Spindle day too.

Top Bottom