• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Okay, what should I use as my primary if I'm going to be shotgunning with Chappy?

• PDX-45 with Perfect Balance, Hidden Hand, Rifled Barrel
  • PDX-45 with Hammer Forged, Counterbalance, Rifled Barrel
  • Vendor Nirwin's
  • Reflection Sum w/ Hidden Hand
  • DIS-47 Full Auto, Max Stability
  • DIS-43 Full Auto, Hammer Forged, Hand-Laid Stock
  • TRUCKER LAW

Bring the Conspiracy Theory D from the Quest. Chaperone is only good if you hit headshots.

I just sniped a guy who shadestep as my snipe made contact with his head and he didn't die

LOL. New heights. Even my teammate saw it

Damn drizzay, I wanted you to be enveloped by the rage.

On Chroma, I think its cool. It offers a degree of customization to weapons that is currently missing. But fuck that its only available through MTs.

lol I mean I'm not trying to defend the stuff people have been criticizing, there are lots of legitimate problems. Honestly it's something I picked up from Hawkian, that the person running the thread should try to be positive or at least more even-handed when community spirits drop too low. I'm not gonna change my opinions or refrain from valid criticism but it helps if I stay a little steady. Besides, whenever I go off-the-cuff somebody gets upset, haha.

edit: holy cow, our streamer friend Gene had a crazy donation train. Probably got nearly $1000 in about 20 minutes.

Good Games Pandora and Optimus. Sorry for scrubbing it up during our runs. And for that blink fail
Yep GGs, I scrubbed it up a bit there too so it's all cool, I now know why I never played trials on my Titan before, that was the first games of trials my Titan has ever seen and will probably be the last for a while haha

bladedancer=best

I just sniped a guy who shadestep as my snipe made contact with his head and he didn't die

LOL. New heights. Even my teammate saw it

I''ve had loads of times where a shade step has taken no damage. They're not supposed to have invincibility frames but the shitty net code gives them some

lol I mean I'm not trying to defend the stuff people have been criticizing, there are lots of legitimate problems. Honestly it's something I picked up from Hawkian, that the person running the thread should try to be positive or at least more even-handed when community spirits drop too low. I'm not gonna change my opinions or refrain from valid criticism but it helps if I stay a little steady. Besides, whenever I go off-the-cuff somebody gets upset, haha.

edit: holy cow, our streamer friend Gene had a crazy donation train. Probably got nearly $1000 in about 20 minutes.

Oh its alright, Im just teasing :p

Bring the Conspiracy Theory D from the Quest. Chaperone is only good if you hit headshots.

Oh, but I do, Ape, I do. Remember I'm a sniper main. ;)

Also, Chappy can double tap at range faster than CTD if you miss.

edit: but I'm not a dummy. I have CTD infused up to 314. And I'll listen to you, Shotgun-senpai.

Axoman

I'm always down, Axo! We can redeem ourselves from last week's run for sure.

I'm the one who needs to redeem himself, you and Drizz did your part.

I'm up for some trials this weekend (Only 4 bosses left in Dark Souls 3...)

I'm just going to dance in the corner while you snipe people in the face.

Melees of all sorts seem to have become all kinds of screwed up at some point after TTK launch. :(

green bars taking no damage on melees and shit.

this game is bs when it doesn't work.

But let's work on new armor appearances, chromas and more emotes. Sounds greeaat. I have nothing but high expectations now for this wednesday.

Whenever I play my warlock, it seems my flame shield rarely procs, but yet the other guy's does and I die.

I'm the one who needs to redeem himself, you and Drizz did your part.

I'm just going to dance in the corner while you snipe people in the face.

Whenever I play my warlock, it seems my flame shield rarely procs, but yet the other guy's does and I die.

Nah, I could have played better as well.

The actually correct answer. But man Chaperone is just a cool ass gun.

Lt knows

Oh, but I do, Ape, I do. Remember I'm a sniper main. ;)

Also, Chappy can double tap at range faster than CTD if you miss.

edit: but I'm not a dummy. I have CTD infused up to 314. And I'll listen to you, Shotgun-senpai.

Oh, you're totally right, but thanks to Rangefinder you'll be doing the OHK from a much better distance. Sure you can pull the trigger faster with the Chaperone, but I've been outside the range with it where it sometimes takes three pulls and by that time I'm already dead.

Lt knows

Oh, you're totally right, but thanks to Rangefinder you'll be doing the OHK from a much better distance. Sure you can pull the trigger faster with the Chaperone, but I've been outside the range with it where it sometimes takes three pulls and by that time I'm already dead.

Even if I was Deadeye with Chappy, MIDA+CTD is probably a stronger combo than PDX/NM+Chap.

LTWood12

Looking at the choices of the year one weapons they're bringing forward, it feels like someone who has played the game in a limited capacity, w/ little understanding of what makes weapons popular, picked them.

Like, picking both Shadow Price & Grim Citizen. We're getting two auto rifles and they're almost the exact same. And they are fondly remembered because high impact autos were the meta in their time. Why not give us one of the vendor bullet hoses from year one?

The Devil You Know & Lord High Fixer. Both remembered fondly. Both in the exact same same archetype.

Longbow & LDR actually makes sense because they're both high impact & high aim assist, and will at least add some variety to everyone using 1kys.

The Comedian & Two to the Morgue I guess make similar sense to the two snipers, but so similar. Why not give us a year one pulse rifle?

Zombie & The Swarm? Both popular, but I wish instead Swarm we'd have gotten MG18A Harms Way (Basically Corrective Measure). The two we're getting, again, so similar.

And last one I want to point out is Satrienne Rapier. I actually still have mine from year one, but the reason I and anyone else has any sort of affinity for the thing is because the vendor roll was outlaw/firefly. I don't think anyone gives two shits about the weapon itself, but it was cool to have a Scoutbringer. Just like how everyone loves the Hung Jury. People really love Triple Tap, Extended Mag/HLS, Firefly. They could give two shits about one with Eye of the Storm and Exhumed. Which really shines a light on WHY people look back on year one weapons so fondly. The perk pool was much less watered down, and the ones we had were actually pretty damn good. People loved Shadow Price partly because you could roll the damn thing w/ fucking field scout, which at the time also increased your magazine size to like 40 (from 26).

I just think they're kind of missing the point of why we remember certain weapons fondly.

Looking at the choices of the year one weapons they're bringing forward, it feels like someone who has played the game in a limited capacity, w/ little understanding of what makes weapons popular, picked them.

<snip>

I just think they're kind of missing the point of why we remember certain weapons fondly.

Great post.

Bungie not understanding their own game & why we play it & love it. You don't say?!

CondescendingWonka.jpeg

Maybe the balance patch next week will change things?

Here's an embarrassing confession: I just found out that The Last Word is full-auto.
I always thought you had to tap the trigger quickly and repeatedly. Now I just happened to hold it down and... Well, I'm embarrassed, yet quite excited.

Trakan

All of the bugged items, like cryptarch emblems and shaders, are featured in their respective packages.

I guess they fucked up letting us see them at TTK launch and they were really meant to be held back all this time.

Like, picking both Shadow Price & Grim Citizen. We're getting two auto rifles and they're almost the exact same. And they are fondly remembered because high impact autos were the meta in their time. Why not give us one of the vendor bullet hoses from year one?

The Devil You Know & Lord High Fixer. Both remembered fondly. Both in the exact same same archetype.

Longbow & LDR actually makes sense because they're both high impact & high aim assist, and will at least add some variety to everyone using 1kys.

The Comedian & Two to the Morgue I guess make similar sense to the two snipers, but so similar. Why not give us a year one pulse rifle?

Zombie & The Swarm? Both popular, but I wish instead Swarm we'd have gotten MG18A Harms Way (Basically Corrective Measure). The two we're getting, again, so similar.

And last one I want to point out is Satrienne Rapier. I actually still have mine from year one, but the reason I and anyone else has any sort of affinity for the thing is because the vendor roll was outlaw/firefly. I don't think anyone gives two shits about the weapon itself, but it was cool to have a Scoutbringer. Just like how everyone loves the Hung Jury. People really love Triple Tap, Extended Mag/HLS, Firefly. They could give two shits about one with Eye of the Storm and Exhumed. Which really shines a light on WHY people look back on year one weapons so fondly. The perk pool was much less watered down, and the ones we had were actually pretty damn good. People loved Shadow Price partly because you could roll the damn thing w/ fucking field scout, which at the time also increased your magazine size to like 40 (from 26).

#BringbackDrNope

Trakan

I guess it's easy to recolor an item, but not easy to use older different models and call them something new to at least make it feel like they're new.

So aside from the revamped Y1 versions of weapons, we're going to go a full year with no Tower refresh. Crazy.

Top Bottom