• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

That's nothing. I played for 13 hours straight today.

Edit: maybe closer to 15. Can't remember what time I started.
Still a lot for me :p last time I played a game that long nonstop was...year 1 destiny?

O well.
will be playing dark souls 3 Japanese edition for 24 hours once it's release :p

Anyone up for the Daily Heroic Story for 15 legendary marks? It's the Fleetbase Korus, Phobos (level 41). Please?

PSN: Sir_Alexandr

That's nothing. I played for 13 hours straight today.

Edit: maybe closer to 15. Can't remember what time I started.

Yeah I somehow pumped 8 hours into the division today..

Haha same. I played about 10 hours straight today (11 if you count losing an hour LOL). Every night since Tuesday, I've spent about 5-6 hours. I finally reached max level today.

Gives me the destiny year 1 vibes for sure. Levelling up and visiting new missions and finally get that next tier of rewards, etc. Purples are dropping left and right now and each time I'm like yes!

This is the least I've played Destiny since TTK came out. I haven't even done trials yet. I will definitely try to get a run or 2 in tomorrow.

Anyone up for the Daily Heroic Story for 15 legendary marks? It's the Fleetbase Korus, Phobos (level 41). Please?

PSN: Sir_Alexandr

You still need it? I can hop on and help you run through it real quick.

edit: no mic right now but it's just a daily so we should be good :p

edit2: GGs Sir Alex! That's a pretty fun mission.

the_id

All this talk about the Division is making me want to play it but I know I won't have the time for it and I think I just want to get good in the Crucible now.

All this talk about the Division is making me want to play it but I know I won't have the time for it and I think I just want to get good in the Crucible now.

Sorry we missed you tonight for Trials. We were really trying to get Knight over the hump so we ran 3 cards before he ran out of passage coins. I'll be up for helping some more runs tomorrow with hopefully better results. Twilight said he could help tomorrow afternoon (EST time zone) so if you're around then maybe we could run it. Igor understandably really dislikes this map so I think he might be taking the rest of the weekend off. We'll just see how everyone's availability works out.

So I'm in the "Patrol the Cosmodrome" mission (it has a purple triangle so it's important) and I'm down to one "Kill Any Enemies" to complete it and I've been going around in circles doing random patrol missions and nothing gives me the last I need. What should I be looking for?

So I'm in the "Patrol the Cosmodrome" mission (it has a purple triangle so it's important) and I'm down to one "Kill Any Enemies" to complete it and I've been going around in circles doing random patrol missions and nothing gives me the last I need. What should I be looking for?

It has the purple triangle on it because of one of the quests.
Check which quest you have tracked and read the description for what you have to do.

It has the purple triangle on it because of one of the quests.
Check which quest you have tracked and read the description for what you have to do.
Yes. It's "A lay of the land" and the description says "complete a patrol of each type" and I've completed all but one.

-Kill Any Enemies 2/3

I have to do that one one more time but k don't know how I even got the first two done. I've been going around in circles doing patrol missions and I can't seem to complete this and I'm at a loss.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

EDIT: Nevermind, fun alt found the damn patrol mission I needed. It was the one with the icon of a ronbus and 4 dots on each side.

WeTeHa

Yes. It's "A lay of the land" and the description says "complete a patrol of each type" and I've completed all but one.

-Kill Any Enemies 2/3

I have to do that one one more time but k don't know how I even got the first two done. I've been going around in circles doing patrol missions and I can't seem to complete this and I'm at a loss.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Not sure which symbol it is, but the patroo mission is literally just to "kill enemies".

Circle with star = VIP target
Compass = survey the land
stopwatch = overcharge
"Triangle thingy = collect stuff from killed enemies

I think the kill missions are squares with little arrows on the 4 sides.

Eusis

Huh, trying to find info on the PSN community to properly PM... whoever about membership. Maybe I'm just blindly running into things here.

the_id

Sorry we missed you tonight for Trials. We were really trying to get Knight over the hump so we ran 3 cards before he ran out of passage coins. I'll be up for helping some more runs tomorrow with hopefully better results. Twilight said he could help tomorrow afternoon (EST time zone) so if you're around then maybe we could run it. Igor understandably really dislikes this map so I think he might be taking the rest of the weekend off. We'll just see how everyone's availability works out.
That's all good man, kinda thought so. I managed to get a lot of Rumble games in while waiting. Its Monday for me tomorrow so I'll be at work and won't be on till late for you guys.

Huh, trying to find info on the PSN community to properly PM... whoever about membership. Maybe I'm just blindly running into things here.

Gutz or iRawr are who you need, the community is dead though. If you need help or want to do anything your best bet is to post in here

That's all good man, kinda thought so. I managed to get a lot of Rumble games in while waiting. Its Monday for me tomorrow so I'll be at work and won't be on till late for you guys.

Time zones pls. Despite reset raiding w Ruthless every week for many months I still don't understand you time travelers from the future. We might do some more runs Monday night... Which I think is Tuesday afternoon for you? Maybe? So that probably doesn't work either. Honestly next week will probably be a better map for it anyway if the timing doesn't work this week.

Welp, faced Nghtly, FarNorthLegend etc in Zone Control. Killing Elkps in his bladedance + Nghtly with one snipershot was totally worth it though :)

The lag on FarNorthLegend was real.

Deku Tree

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/195909883/0/0/1

This guy posted his dream PVE update. So much good shit in there, too bad we probably won't get most of it.

The update is gonna be larger than SRL but otherwise "small". It'll have a LL bump. It'll have some new weapons to earn (so no tower referesh just new weapons from some end game activity). And it'll have some "new challenges", I interpret that to mean new "old raid challenges" or even new "old PoE challenges" at higher LL.

Anything larger than that has to wait until the paid update or Later. Live team is nothing but the Microtransactions team.

IMO Deej already told us in his own way.

It's a shame about Bungie and how they're squandering their incredible gameplay. Division shows that you don't need best in class gameplay, it's all the other ancillary systems they got right that keeps people playing. Right now achieving anything in Destiny feels like trying to parallel park an ocean liner and updates take far too long to be implemented. Now granted Division is very much still in the honeymoon period so we'll see how it plays out in the long term but so far so good.
Destiny potential popularity is right up there with COD and GTAV in the console space but it's a pity they made so many mistakes on the way. Hopefully Destiny 2 will fulfill that potential. The fella in the ride along said they had 700 people at Bungie working on this, if you add in the help from High Moon they've got a ton of resources on the game, there's really no excuse. I'm still optimistic.

Trakan

The update is gonna be larger than SRL but otherwise "small". It'll have a LL bump. It'll have some new weapons to earn (so no tower referesh just new weapons from some end game activity). And it'll have some "new challenges", I interpret that to mean new "old raid challenges" or even new "old PoE challenges" at higher LL.

Anything larger than that has to wait until the paid update or Later. Live team is nothing but the Microtransactions team.

IMO Deej already told us in his own way.

A lot of the stuff in the link is easy QoL fixes that would go a long way.

Welp, faced Nghtly, FarNorthLegend etc in Zone Control. Killing Elkps in his bladedance + Nghtly with one snipershot was totally worth it though :)

The lag on FarNorthLegend was real.

The far north lagger nickname is well earned. Not his fault of course being on the other side of the world but it is truly Legendary. I still remember the one and only time I've matched him, back in Y1 Trials. I'm used to getting shot through walls in Destiny but this was another level.

That's what you guys get for being such zone control pros nowadays.

Deku Tree

A lot of the stuff in the link is easy QoL fixes that would go a long way.

Yeah but Bungie doesn't seem worried about the mood of the community mid year at this point. They've long ago gone silent. What we have now is the way it's gonna be until at least the paid fall 2016 expansion. Or worse until Destiny 2.

I'm pretty dissapointed that they never brought back the NF blue flames around your head. They said NF buff was coming back but it never has and IMO it's not coming back this year.

I'm just gonna be casually playing the Division for a while. I'm totally not gonna play Destiny at all until Bungie gives me a good reason to play again.

The far north lagger nickname is well earned. Not his fault of course being on the other side of the world but it is truly Legendary. I still remember the one and only time I've matched him, back in Y1 Trials. I'm used to getting shot through walls in Destiny but this was another level.

That's what you guys get for being such zone control pros nowadays.

Lol I guess so. Sniped him 3 times and everytime he ran away and died behind a wall.
But man I got outgunned so bad on a couple of occasions.

WeTeHa

700 people working on the game(s) is a ridiculously huge amount. With no paid DLC packs in year 2 they better bring their A game with the fall expansion and destiny 2.

The state the game is in right now is so disappointing. The whole idea with microtransactions paying for updates is a joke. They also better fix their tools.

Currently watching giggle monster double carrying. While I think Krafty is a better player, I think giggle plays better with his team. More callouts, encouraging them if they lose

Deku Tree

700 people working on the game(s) is a ridiculously huge amount. With no paid DLC packs in year 2 they better bring their A game with the fall expansion and destiny 2.

The state the game is in right now is so disappointing. The whole idea with microtransactions paying for updates is a joke. They also better fix their tools.

Currently watching giggle monster double carrying. While I think Krafty is a better player, I think giggle plays better with his team. More callouts, encouraging them if they lose

Krafty just lets his carries die, often doesn't revive them, and uses their orbs to bait the enemy.

Make him stream pls :p

WeTeHa

Probably the 22nd March. They should have dropped it this week though as the game will be done and dusted by then

Yeah, it's getting worse each week :(

Honestly, they should have more events on rotation.

Week 1: SRL
Week 2: Some kind of PvE event
Week 3: IB
Week 4: Nothing/Some kind of PvE event

They could at least do what everybody else is doing and have double-whatever weekends. Give people double XP and then change the post-40 lvl up to something better than motes of light. (has bungie heard of paragon levels from D3?)

Honestly, I'd like some kind of good horde mode activity. PoE could be so much better.

- More waves, with randomized enemy spawns.
- Every 5th wave is a mini boss with every 10th wave a major boss.
- Odd rounds are slay enemies to continue and even waves have random objectives.
- The further you get the more enemies/stronger enemies you face with more modifiers.
- The more waves you complete, the better your rewards. (i.e. increased light level for later waves, have weapons/armor on rotation like trials, guaranteed exotic for wave XXX etc)
- 30 or 40 waves max
- You get a checkpoint after every major boss that lasts until weekly reset.
- Wipe and you start from the last checkpoint
- Have something like the lighthouse if you beat all waves (2 different chests, 1 you get for reaching, 1 you get for completing without wiping). Done.

Can be easily realized. With enough variety to enemy combinations, spawns and objectives (and desirable loot) it's highly replayable. They could even create this stuff for 6 players if they wanted to.

Giggle Monster doing a double carry vs 13 Devils + murdaro

Tied 1-1 right now

Edit: GM lost 5-1 and then they came into chat talking shit lol
(Edit2: to clarify it was murdaro talking in chat not devs)

Deku Tree

Tied 1-1 right now

I guess team Murdaro won, as expected with three pros including the top ToO player by ELO vs a double carry. Must have ended quick.

Looks like it was mostly some new Devils players too.

When Murdaro plays the rounds usually last like 15 seconds lol.

Tied 1-1 right now

Edit: GM lost 5-1 and then they came into chat talking shit lol
(Edit2: to clarify it was murdaro talking in chat not devs)

Are you about later or are you lost to real life? Feetie and EJRobinson are fully on the train now

I guess team Murdaro won, as expected with three pros including the top ToO player by ELO vs a double carry. Must have ended quick.

Looks like it was mostly some new Devils players too.

When Murdaro plays the rounds usually last like 15 seconds lol.

Ekips is Hypemonster

Still a standing offer.

Poor pew :(

Are you about later or are you lost to real life? Feetie and EJRobinson are fully on the train now(
I might be able to pay in a coupe hours when my daughter takes a nap. If I see you guys playing I'll hop in chat.

Lol, I just checked guardian.gg and you are #116 and I am #117 =P

LTWood12

i got to Manhatten, met skullface and escaped from his big ass robot, and did all the dailys and weekly heroics last night. I fee like a man about town.

Deku Tree

Really? Murdaro talking shit against a guy trying to do double carries while playing with pro teammates? Classy, very classy.

Yes Murdaro said that he got banned for five minutes from the chat on his stream. I wasn't in the chat, but from what all three of them were saying on Murdaro's stream it sounded like there was trash talking on both sides and from the people in the chat.

Top Bottom