• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

LOL, nice!

Although now with such high rankings I guess it's counter productive to group up, but I'd still rather win then take chances with blueberries.

A loss is painful now, all we're picking up in a 2/3 is the win points anyway. As its so close at the top I'd rather group up to avoid randoms either going 1/15 (like earlier) or not playing the objective, shits serious

Edit just noticed you're coming online I'm afk for 5 then will be good for some games

Drizzay if you are around later today I'm up for some Trials. I understand if the map is too sweaty for carries though. I can wait for a better map. What's another week for a Y2 virgin?

I'll be running Sunsinger 'Lock with MIDA/shotgun if we do run.

I'LL SLEEP WHEN I'M IMPRISONED WITHIN A TIMECRYSTAL AT THE HEAT DEATH OF THE UNIVERSE.

In college I could last 4-5 hours of sleep and sometimes less. After, I started getting used to more and more until 8 hours became pretty much the best. But I hate the fact that it's 1/3 of a day and seems way too much.

So lately I've been trying to go to 5-6 hours. Maybe 6 is a good number. I wish I never had to go to sleep.

I can't fit destiny in my schedule the past 2 days because I need sleep, so boo!

In college I could last 4-5 hours of sleep and sometimes less. After, I started getting used to more and more until 8 hours became pretty much the best. But I hate the fact that it's 1/3 of a day and seems way too much.

So lately I've been trying to go to 5-6 hours. Maybe 6 is a good number. I wish I never had to go to sleep.

I can't fit destiny in my schedule the past 2 days because I need sleep, so boo!

Any worthwhile content drops from Destiny combined with the Dark Zone in The Division is going to be quite challenging for myself. I hope they sorta alternate regarding new content but I'm sure they'll overlap soon enough.

My first ever Party Crasher dropped. AgBalls/Army of One/Quickdraw/Smallbore/Last resort. Worth keeping or trash?

Just use what barrel gives you the most range, I've got smooth and smallbore and much prefer it to the conspiracy even though it has a bit less range and impact. It handles like a dream and you can get off a second shot much quicker

I'LL SLEEP WHEN I'M IMPRISONED WITHIN A TIMECRYSTAL AT THE HEAT DEATH OF THE UNIVERSE.

coffee-sylvester-cat.gif

giphy.gif

the_id

Time zones pls. Despite reset raiding w Ruthless every week for many months I still don't understand you time travelers from the future. We might do some more runs Monday night... Which I think is Tuesday afternoon for you? Maybe? So that probably doesn't work either. Honestly next week will probably be a better map for it anyway if the timing doesn't work this week.
Again, thanks for the offer Drizz. Being almost one day ahead from you guys is really weird interms of arranging timings for gaming. I usually time it with PST zones where its 4 hours ahead but one day behind....LOL.

Anyway, work finishes around 1630 NZT which is around 2030 PST on the 13/3/16 so I'll be around then. Otherwise another day will do. Really appreciate you helping.

Dthomp

Guys I'm maxed out on glimmer, what's a useful way to spend it?

Probably Gunsmith. Buy Heavy Ammo Synths, Special Synths, Weapon Parts, or you can spend it on his guns each week, that usually runs 2500 each one. Hope for some good rolls on them

3 hilarious moments from earlier today:

If you can't stick them..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjpuQB_EgUw

Bleep!.. this bladedancer got annihilated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIfl3vvGT-U

A flawless strategy for trials on Asylum:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfgUlA8du_E

That last one is a thing of beauty, 3 people camping a doorway and get rekt, wtf were they thinking :d

You're all probably bored of it by now but idc #49 on Guardian.gg and #42 on DTR

Frenden

Banned
Quick DGAF squared check-in... the Division is so much saner in regards to drops. Max level for two days and made amazing loot progress. There's always something new, build wise, and the amount of horizontal progression as you try different skill combinations and matching gear is a huge incentive to keep playing.

I have high-end (exotic) weapons rolled to cause bleed and my skill tree is set up to make bleed spread on enemies on my tanky-riot shield build. I draw aggro to spare my less stout teammates, plink with my pistol, cause a massive bleed infection, and watch the yellow bar enemies fall. So good.

Get this... there's a daily challenge that's above Nightfall tier levels of difficulty (feels almost like a mini-raid each day) that you can matchmake and it's a blast. I've done every one with randoms, so no more waiting for lfg to progress. It gives one guaranteed yellow drop. Super fair.

One day of endgame and level cap:

CdaztTBVAAAVBLZ.jpg

Turns out Diablo with guns is preeeeetty good.

Quick DGAF squared check-in... the Division is so much saner in regards to drops. Max level for two days and made amazing loot progress.

CdaztTBVAAAVBLZ.jpg

Turns out Diablo with guns is preeeeetty good.

It's a pretty damn good game. With Incursions coming hopefully that will keep people coming back after the monotony of only the same 4 missions being the challenge. But Massive are doing an excellent job of listing to the community so hopefully the endgame can become more refined in the weeks to come.

I'm freaking out: I have done almost all the quests for the Touch of Malice gun, last one was The Undying Mind. I talked to Eris and she then gave me a rune. Now I don't have the quests about the fragments and Phobos. Is it because I had many fragments before Eris could have ask me more than five of them?

I don't have 45 yet (37), but many say (random posts on Bungie forum) that it doesn't matter if you have all of them, if you have this bug there is no solution. My only hope is that these posts are 4/5 months old, so I don't know how the situation is now.

What do I do?

Drizzay if you are around later today I'm up for some Trials. I understand if the map is too sweaty for carries though. I can wait for a better map. What's another week for a Y2 virgin?

I'll be running Sunsinger 'Lock with MIDA/shotgun if we do run.

I'll be around maybe an hour from now, always down to give it a try if we can get a good third. Unfortunately Twilight said he was available early afternoon so we might already be too late for him today. If Igor isn't too burned out we could try a redemption run but totally understandable if not. There's a reason so few people even try to help w Trials, it gets stressful quick.

4 hours ahead but one day behind

Wat is life.

I'm freaking out: I have done almost all the quests for the Touch of Malice gun, last one was The Undying Mind. I talked to Eris and she then gave me a rune. Now I don't have the quests about the fragments and Phobos. Is it because I had many fragments before Eris could have ask me more than five of them?

I don't have 45 yet (37), but many say (random posts on Bungie forum) that it doesn't matter if you have all of them, if you have this bug there is no solution. My only hope is that these posts are 4/5 months old, so I don't know how the situation is now.

What do I do?

You need to have 45 fragments to trigger the last parts of the quest (Fears embrace) then you'll get the malice, you can check on the app which ones are missing. I'd do the Court of Oryx one this week as the T3 boss changes week to week, you can also jump off the map if the T2 boss isn't the one you need without losing your rune

chur

What do I do?
You'll get the last mission once you get 45 fragments.

For as popular as the Division seems to be, the OT is moving at a snails pace compared to Destiny at launch. We were churning through OT's every few days back then.

You need to have 45 fragments to trigger the last parts of the quest (Fears embrace) then you'll get the malice, you can check on the app which ones are missing. I'd do the Court of Oryx one this week as the T3 boss changes week to week, you can also jump off the map if the T2 boss isn't the one you need without losing your rune

You'll get the last mission once you get 45 fragments.

Even though I don't have a quest from Eris that says "Go find 45 fragments, boy"?

Well, thanks! I'll go find them.

For as popular as the Division seems to be, the OT is moving at a snails pace compared to Destiny at launch. We were churning through OT's every few days back then.
What percentage of Destiny OT's were LFG?

Matchmaking in the Division is a very nice feature. Destiny still lags behind.

There isn't nearly as much to talk about with the Division I feel. The story and lore are pretty damn standard and there isn't the feeling of secrets or exploration in the same way as Destiny. That's just my take anyways. I'm sure some would argue that Destiny gaf was mostly lfg, but we went through at least one OT before the first raid was even available.

Frenden

Banned
There isn't nearly as much to talk about with the Division I feel. The story and lore are pretty damn standard and there isn't the feeling of secrets or exploration in the same way as Destiny. That's just my take anyways. I'm sure some would argue that Destiny gaf was mostly lfg, but we went through at least one OT before the first raid was even available.
I talk less about the Division, but I'm playing it more. Matchmaking is probably a straw man argument for the OT speed, I agree. That said,vmatchmaking for endgame content has been a blast. No problems and it helps people like me with weird hours progress.

I think I heart the Division.

ocean

Banned
It's hard to pin down why we posted that much. Games far more popular than Destiny (GTA, CoD etc) have never elicited this type of conversation. Not just GAF either - DTG was one of the top 10 most active Subreddits a while back.

It is a combination of:

1. The game being excessively poor at explaining mechanics (why did Xur just wipe my gun's progress? When to use 3oC? What will infusion do if one is 300 and the other 310? Etc)
2. Lack of in game matchmaking for the more interestingnpartsnof the game
3. Frustration at the myriad design cluster fucks
4. The fact that the game is so damn satisfying to play that good moments are worth sharing. I can't imagine a "big plays" GIF from The Division - this game has magic moments
5. The fact that the bullshit is so intense. "Look at this lag" GIFs I can't imagine from the other D either - even if it's bad, it's never this bad.
6. This game is curiously fun to spectate. There's a multitude of well known / followed players, which we watch and discuss.
7. Bungie has the worst communication strategy of any game with a "live" development roadmap. Holy shit.
8. The game is the absolute best, most rewarding and satisfying thing out there for people who liked the hook

But yeah OT count is a terrible proxy for success, quality, player base or anything really. If it did mean anything we'd be the kings of that though :)

It's hard to pin down why we posted that much. Games far more popular than Destiny (GTA, CoD etc) have never elicited this type of conversation. Not just GAF either - DTG was one of the top 10 most active Subreddits a while back.

It is a combination of:

1. The game being excessively poor at explaining mechanics (why did Xur just wipe my gun's progress? When to use 3oC? What will infusion do if one is 300 and the other 310? Etc)
2. Lack of in game matchmaking for the more interestingnpartsnof the game
3. Frustration at the myriad design cluster fucks
4. The fact that the game is so damn satisfying to play that good moments are worth sharing. I can't imagine a "big plays" GIF from The Division - this game has magic moments
5. The fact that the bullshit is so intense. "Look at this lag" GIFs I can't imagine from the other D either - even if it's bad, it's never this bad.
6. This game is curiously fun to spectate. There's a multitude of well known / followed players, which we watch and discuss.
7. Bungie has the worst communication strategy of any game with a "live" development roadmap. Holy shit.
8. The game is the absolute best, most rewarding and satisfying thing out there for people who liked the hook

But yeah OT count is a terrible proxy for success, quality, player base or anything really. If it did mean anything we'd be the kings of that though :)

What percentage of Destiny OT's were LFG?

Matchmaking in the Division is a very nice feature. Destiny still lags behind.

All good points. I think the lack of ingame LFG is probably the biggest contributer. It is still a major failing of the game with little communication they are looking to solve it.

I think for the first week or so after release, it was primarily driven by Bungie hype, but after that the LFG requests drove the train for a long time.

Xurday and Bunge Weekly Update were also good for a few hundred posts at every week.

ocean

Banned
All good points. I think the lack of ingame LFG is probably the biggest contributer. It is still a major failing of the game with little communication they are looking to solve it.

I think for the first week or so after release, it was primarily driven by Bungie hype, but after that the LFG requests drove the train for a long time.

Xurday and Bunge Weekly Update were also good for a few hundred posts at every week.
Twilight was working on an answer to this once. He compiled some crazy spreadsheets with every post being categorized into LFG, rant, suggestion, loot post etc. IIRC LFG was significant but not half the posts or anything like some people thought

lol I remember when Xur would drive hundreds of posts, feels like so long ago. Now he's good for like seven.

Ahh I remember well. "Buy armor, exotic heavy is a waste" "who would use an exotic slot on heavy?" "the armor will help your light level"

Little did they know that people like me who bought the ghjallahorn would have gotten the most sought after exotic in the first few weeks of the game haha

Top Bottom