• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Deku Tree

Shot:

That sounds amazing, Frenen. Then I get this

Chaser:

It's definitely possible to grief people in the division. Everything has optional MM and there is always a fireteam leader who can boot other people. Proximity chat that is hardly used. Walk in front of people's line of fire in the DZ to force them to go rogue then kill them as in kirks tweet.

On the other extreme Bungie has put up so many extreme roadblocks to griefing that a lot of things people really want are impossible. No MM for so many things that could easily use it. OPT in voice chat. No fireteam leader for MM activities. No way to try to solo strikes. Randomized heroic strike playlist. Etc.

It's really up to what you want in a game.

I like destiny a lot and I feel like it is the better game overall. Unique Weapon variety in destiny is much better. But the Division does a lot of things right that would make destiny a better game if it did them too.

Like optional MM for everything but end game raids and Trials. Put in a freelance trials playlist for solo players. Add in a way to boot idlers, or severely under-level players. A much more generous loot system which allows more chances for horizontal gear min-maxing. Less barriers to using your gear. No unlocking perks via grinding. I could say a lot more.

X-Frame

Hey Drizzay, what is the easiest way for me to 2 Man Skolas now? My friend wants to do it and he's 290 Light. Titan.

Should we use swords? I have all 3 exotic swords. Or ToM with Blessing of Light?

Deku Tree

Hey Drizzay, what is the easiest way for me to 2 Man Skolas now? My friend wants to do it and he's 290 Light. Titan.

Should we use swords? I have all 3 exotic swords. Or ToM with Blessing of Light?

I don't think you need a strategy. Just bring 300+ weapons and keep shooting him until he dies. Should be quick.

Namikaze1

Yeah, I too am liking the Division. Like a lot.

Just did some DZ stuff with Sushi and Darryl. Before Darryl joined, Sushi and I were in a tense situation. We were extracting with a full group and I was expecting them to go Rogue if not for the game switching servers due to Darryl hopping in.

Plus, my RNG luck carried over to the Division. :3
Had two High End (Division's exotics) dropped in the DZ so far.

WipedOut

Yeah, I too am liking the Division. Like a lot.

Just did some DZ stuff with Sushi and Darryl. Before Darryl joined, Sushi and I were in a tense situation. We were extracting with a full group and I was expecting them to go Rogue if not for the game switching servers due to Darryl hopping in.

Plus, my RNG luck carried over to the Division. :3
Had two High End (Division's exotics) dropped in the DZ so far.
So how does the leveling work in MM? We were doing fine until Darryl showed up and we started getting one-shot by everything. (During a mission)

Deku Tree

So how does the leveling work in MM? We were doing fine until Darryl showed up and we started getting one-shot by everything. (During a mission)

Scales to the highest level player. Or to the avg player level. Not sure which. But yeah you can't play low level missions with your much higher level friends unless you want to get reckt. Anything over 4 level difference is too much unless you don't mind being carried.

Namikaze1

Game will make the enemies the same level as the highest on your team. Say you're 19 and you have one guy who is level 22. The enemies will show up as 22.

Once you hit 30, you will usually be matched with level 30 guys so enemies will be level 30 in hard mode. Challenge Daily though, every enemy is level 32.

In the upper parts of the DZ, you also face level 32 enemies. It's pretty much required to have High End gear for that area.

I did one mission where one guy was 20, one was 28, and the other 27. I was 30. I made that mission hell for that level 20.

WipedOut

Game will make the enemies the same level as the highest on your team. Say you're 19 and you have one guy who is level 22. The enemies will show up as 22.

Once you hit 30, you will usually be matched with level 30 guys so enemies will be level 30 in hard mode. Challenge Daily though, every enemy is level 32.

In the upper parts of the DZ, you also face level 32 enemies. It's pretty much required to have High End gear for that area.

I did one mission where one guy was 20, one was 28, and the other 27. I was 30. I made that mission hell for that level 20.

Yeah, we were all between 10-12 and he popped in as level 30. Yeah, recked is an understatement.

Raids, Trials & Nightfalls not having matchmaking is one thing, but half of the missions of The Taken War don't have matchmaking. Which sucks because they are end game content.

Half of the quest strikes don't have matchmaking either but say they do.

The Bungie polish doesn't always feel there in Destiny.

mwa2i6Y.jpg

clap.png
MAKE
clap.png
SHOTGUNS
clap.png
GREAT
clap.png
AGAIN
clap.png

I need to eat dinner and wont be on for another half hour. Of course it doesnt matter if there isnt a good third around.

Yo, just finished some mercury hype with Igor and Der Pate so taking a couple minute break for coffee hype then Igor said he was down to help with a run if you're still up for it.

edit: you're playing the Division?!? Offer revoked, traitor! Kappa Just hit me up if you still want to run tonight.

Dthomp

Looking for som trials action tonight! Never been to Mercury before but would be happy with some experience to improve and clearing bounties. PSN-Dthomp

Got kicked during the first round of the first game with Kreep. B I G S P R A Y Z

Luckily the team was garbage so Igor and Kreep clutched out the 2v3, lol.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
But the gunplay of Destiny is what keeps me playing. And nothing on the market and foreseeable future even comes close to it to me. Everything else could be so wrong about the game but one thing keeping it going for me is the game play.

ocean

Banned
Ultimately people who like loot games should have quit a year ago.

This is a shooter. The best shooter and that's why I love it and will continue to play. If you're looking for something other than solid shooting you'll be constantly left wanting on Destiny.

Loot is far better handled in Diablo, Borderlands, The Division...

But the gunplay of Destiny is what keeps me playing. And nothing on the market and foreseeable future even comes close to it to me. Everything else could be so wrong about the game but one thing keeping it going for me is the game play.

what if no mans sky has awesome gunplay comparable to destiny

SpecX

:( I haven't played this game all weekend and haven't had the urge to play. I think after that crap Deej pulled, the constant positive division talk, and nearly everyone on my friends list moving on, I might be cured of the addiction. Hopefully things get better soon.

Are you interested in Overwatch at all? It's got a lot of movement possibilities and a much wider meta.

I'm definitely checking out the open beta in May.

the_id

I love Rumble. God damn I feel like a badass when I jump in on a match and I manage to overtake the leader. Fuck yeah. Doesn't mean I'm good though, just means the other players are worse than me.

And next game we matched against managator a super sweaty pro player and lost haha.

And then we played a top 20 player with nearly 2600 ELO. RIP the m'f'ing dream. That was terrible luck for the MM.

GG's Kreep and Igor. The match making gods really had it out for us there, damn.

the_id

And then we played a top 20 player with nearly 2600 ELO. RIP the m'f'ing dream. That was terrible luck for the MM.

GG's Kreep and Igor. The match making gods really had it out for us there, damn.
That sounds very painful. You two are top tier right now and the matchmaking can be tough. You should bring your k/d down artificially so the matchmaking could be easier.

GhaleonEB

mwa2i6Y.jpg

clap.png
MAKE
clap.png
SHOTGUNS
clap.png
GREAT
clap.png
AGAIN
clap.png

Hah! That update was so great.

I really miss the amazeballs PvE shotguns. Re-nerfing them is actually part of what drove me out of the game - they were so fun to use, a perfect high risk, high reward strategy. Going all in with shotguns during the Cabal rounds of Prison of Elders is some of the most fun I've had with Destiny.

Then Bungie patched it out. I just don't get it.

Yeah better luck next time forreals. I also realized I really do not like Asylum as a Trials map.

I really miss the amazeballs PvE shotguns. Re-nerfing them is actually part of what drove me out of the game - they were so fun to use, a perfect high risk, high reward strategy. Going all in with shotguns during the Cabal rounds of Prison of Elders is some of the most fun I've had with Destiny.

I think in an earlier OT people were conjecturing that they were nerfed to create a niche for swords.

Trakan

Well, I can tell you why.

They took them out because they were too good, especially for using special ammo. They introduced swords to kind of make up for this, except they think heavy ammo is a better tradeoff for the damage output. If shotguns were to ever return to their former glory, nobody would use swords anymore. No need for one when you have a found verdict.

Two ghosts out of three NFs this week. Reduced drop rate, eh Bungie?

Well, I can tell you why.

They took them out because they were too good, especially for using special ammo. They introduced swords to kind of make up for this, except they think heavy ammo is a better tradeoff for the damage output. If shotguns were to ever return to their former glory, nobody would use swords anymore. No need for one when you have a found verdict.

Two ghosts out of three NFs this week. Reduced drop rate, eh Bungie?

But now no one uses anything but snipers* in PvE. :-/

*Except Telesto when it's void burn or just for giggles.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Overwatch and the other one is garbage from what I've seen. They look like generic run of the mill shooters. They are the Marvel to SF's Destiny.

I'm up for some crucible.

Same here

I quit before TDB came out BECAUSE they nerfed shotguns. I rejoined near the end of TDB because they rebuffed shotguns.

It's like...what the hell bungie. Leave my shotties.

That sounds very painful. You two are top tier right now and the matchmaking can be tough. You should bring your k/d down artificially so the matchmaking could be easier.

I'm bringing my k/d down naturally with these kinda games, haha. We played 3 matches: lost twice to super pros, won once against normal humans. The game vs. Managator was very close even though we lost 5-2. A few of those rounds were right on the edge. He's in the Resolute clan with KJHovey, same clan that's doing the upcoming Bungie Bounty.

Overwatch actually has very very fun gunplay. Different from Destiny, but extremely fun~

Now Battleborn, that's the one you want to watch out from. Pure trash.

Top Bottom