• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Fair enough. I guess I've never really quite understood why people want to wave off heavy so adamantly, so I justified it, in my head, with some sort of unspoken honor code among the community (like not using estus in Dark Souls PvP). Yet using shadestep glitches and such, in my eyes, would be in total conflict with such honor system (and for me, using them is much worse than picking up heavy).

Yeah, that's totally understandable. The thing about heavy ammo is practically all experienced players hate using it because it's such a coin flip compared to the other rounds. So it's less about honor and more about trusting your gun skill to give you an advantage. It's still motivated by trying to win (and also because it's more fun not using it).

Honestly I've gotten screwed too many times by people faking the wave-off that I don't bother unless it's a known person/streamer on the other team.

Last chance for that sniper nerf with the update. Bungie pls.

Don't know what's worse

The gear for sale or the fact that they keep ignoring Sniper Rifles

I think the latter because it shows incompetency in balance

How can they possibly nerf shotguns further? Chance to backfire and blow my own head off?

It strikes me as funny that they're bringing over Universal Remote. Seeing as shotguns are currently shit and not worth equipping.

stay gold

???

Their range is ridiculous in PvP right now, I'm getting shot from a mile away.

If you're getting sniped with a shotgun then you're getting teamshot from someone else, because the OHK range with a high impact shotty is around Warlock melee range. Due to the latency in this game sometimes you need to be even closer than that.

Please tell me you weren't here for the HoW meta. Felwinter', Matador, and Party Crasher all had insane ranges boosted by the Shot Package perk. Shot guns are in a decent space right now.
I was around in HoW, and I know about how broken they used to be.

Sorry, I'm just getting killed by shotguns a lot today, just got salty, but they do need a buff in PVE, that's for sure.

SgtCobra

Last chance for that sniper nerf with the update. Bungie pls.
Yeaapp.
Sniper rifles are way too much ingrained into the meta and overall pvp flow of the game though so I don't know if any nerfs will happen. I've seen Trials matches which only consist of people sniping, and everytime I decide to play a gamemode like control I see the majority of the players hardscoping the shit out of pretty much every single lane of the map :p
But here's hoping they do something about it, snipers in Destiny are way to "agile?" in my opinion. Perhaps upping the flinch drastically or lowering the overall aim assist or weapon handling would be a great step.
Snipers are long range weapons and shouldn't be able to compete at pulse rifle ranges.

That new PS exclusive sniper though... They really want people to use that weapon type desperately don't they?

???

Their range is ridiculous in PvP right now, I'm getting shot from a mile away.
Shotguns have been nerfed to hell and back and are exactly where they should be, do you want them to be able to kill at titan pre patch melee range?
That the Conspiracy Theory-D with rangefinder kills at a farther range than other shotguns shouldn't mean that all of them have the same performance.
A PvE buff though? Totally agreed.

Magik

Shotguns are in a good place in PVP. Not so much in PVE.

Snipers and quite frankly special ammo needs to be addressed. They are out of balance with primaries and heavy weapons.

Yeah I should have been more specific, conspiracy theory needs a tiny nerf, that thing is ridiculous, especially since you get a god roll from an easy quest. Like I said, I've been getting killed by them a lot today and they've been really annoying, I agree that shotguns are in a solid space, except CTD that is.

Trakan

If you're getting sniped with a shotgun then you're getting teamshot from someone else, because the OHK range with a high impact shotty is around Warlock melee range. Due to the latency in this game sometimes you need to be even closer than that.

The Felwinter's archetype is still insane OHK range. Due to the latency in the game sometimes it appears they were even farther away.

Rekt
ketnkrH.gif

Beautiful! Teabagging us when they were 4-1 up and then lose 4-5.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Sniping was fine during the HOW era. Turn down AA a lot and flinching while getting hit up.
We could write a novel based on what's wrong with PVP. Too late for Bungie to really put effort into it however. Obviously Destiny 2 is using most of their resources.

I could start an IB or whatever in a little while.

Sniping was fine during the HOW era. Turn down AA a lot and flinching while getting hit up.
We could write a novel based on what's wrong with PVP. Too late for Bungie to really put effort into it however. Obviously Destiny 2 is using most of their resources.

I could start an IB or whatever in a little while.
Yeah if they just went back to how sniping was in HoW it would be just fine, not sure why they changed it, I though sniping back then was perfect, or at least close to that.

Shotguns are in a good place right now. Yes, even the CTD is perfectly fine. Closing the gap with a shotgun now takes a significant amount of movement and positioning skill. If you're getting beat by a shotgun in the current meta you didn't get beat by the gun(unless it's a Y1 weapon).

Any further nerf would just make them obsolete in PvP. Especially if FR get a buff...

I have mixed feelings on sniper rifles. You can beat a good sniper if you know all the lanes. If you come across one of those "God Level" sniper players...well...RIP.

AA is down from HoW's levels, the reason sniping is so prevalent is you cant map people with Thorn/Hawkmoon anymore. Bring back HC cannon range and the sniping problem will disappear

stay gold

Sniping hasn't changed since HoW though, has it? God rolled Her Benevolences and Shadow of Veils had a fuck load of AA.

It's just that everything else that was powerful in the game got whined about, and subsequently ruined.

Edit: yeah what mehr said.

Shotguns are in a good place right now. Yes, even the CTD is perfectly fine. Closing the gap with a shotgun now takes a significant amount of movement and positioning skill. If you're getting beat by a shotgun in the current meta you didn't get beat by the gun(unless it's a Y1 weapon).

Any further nerf would just make them obsolete in PvP. Especially if FR get a buff...

I have mixed feelings on sniper rifles. You can beat a good sniper if you know all the lanes. If you come across one of those "God Level" sniper players...well...RIP.
Right now FR are insanely good in the right hands, I've been tearing people up with my thesan, so if they get buffed, those people are going to be unstoppable. Although a PVE buff would be good for FR, pretty much every special weapon except snipers need a PVE buff.

Mindlog

I still use shotguns plenty in PvE :\
Really don't want to see them buffed much where they'll horrendously outclass FRs again. Buffing FRs as well isn't the answer either. I played Skolas recently and it clearly demonstrated how much power creep can change an encounter. Hopefully they'll avoid that.
How can they possibly nerf shotguns further? Chance to backfire and blow my own head off?
The answer lay with equip speed, movement speed and definitely ADS speed. Introduce other perks to compensate. If players want to move as quickly as they do now they should will have to chose between that and all the other perks.

AA is down from HoW's levels, the reason sniping is so prevalent is you cant map people with Thorn/Hawkmoon anymore. Bring back HC cannon range and the sniping problem will disappear

AA isn't lower but the overall sandbox balance is a problem. Shotties and HCs nerfed, but also subclass nerfs especially blink-shotty viability. I'd like to see some AA reduction but the high impact body damage is a bigger problem imo. The RoF for those snipers is too fast as well, too easy to double body.

Shotties are okay except I really hate the several frame delay between readying the shotty and being able to fire. It just feels so bad, I'd rather they just slowed the ready time so it actually made sense instead of pulling your gun and being unable to find the trigger.

I still use shotguns plenty in PvE :\
Really don't want to see them buffed much where they'll horrendously outclass FRs again. Buffing FRs as well isn't the answer either. I played Skolas recently and it clearly demonstrated how much power creep can change an encounter. Hopefully they'll avoid that.

Skolas nowadays has nothing to do with power creep, that's just outdated content. They'd have to bring the activity up to year 2 levels regardless of any weapon balancing.

Trakan

I think you have a point, but I honestly don't think that's it. After the range update back in September, snipers felt way different to me.

Range used to be a garbage stat. It didn't do anything to a weapon's effectiveness. Now that they've completely re-tooled that, it makes an enormous difference with AA. They need to tune snipers back to how they were in TDB/HoW days. Even with monster AA stats back then (the LDR was similar to the 1K, the Shadow of Veils was similar to the Yasmin) it was a way more balanced weapon.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Weapon balance goes hand in hand with class balance and map balance. Some maps you can easily outmaneuver a sniper, others you can't, etc. As a sniper I always use a shotgun when I play in sector 313 because how easy it is to traverse and shotgun people on it, sniping is garbage on that map. A player with good movements and a shotgun is far more deadly than a sniper could ever be. Blink shotgun is still effective against the masses.

stay gold

The answer lay with equip speed, movement speed and definitely ADS speed. Introduce other perks to compensate. If players want to move as quickly as they do now they should will have to chose between that and all the other perks.

Wait do you mean they should nerf those things further, or that it was a good nerf?

I agree that nerf was mostly fair (though I don't think they should have eradicated the blink-shotgun move entirely- it was fine in 2.0) but no further.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You put a team of top players on the same level using snipers and another using blink shotguns I would bet money on the blink shotgun team. Especially with the current maps. I think overall year one maps were better for sniping.

Mindlog

Skolas nowadays has nothing to do with power creep, that's just outdated content. They'd have to bring the activity up to year 2 levels regardless of any weapon balancing.
Being overpowered against an encounter is exactly how I felt with the 100% shotgun buff. The causes are different, but Skolas as a 40 Guardian brought those feelings to the forefront.

Daemul

Yeah Snipers only appear so good because everything that countered them was nerfed.

Since update 2.0(well, really since update 1.1.1 with the auto rifle nerf) weapons have become worse and worse. Pulse Rifles are actually worse now than they were BEFORE their buff in update 1.1.1, many people won't have noticed this because every other weapon class is shit now as well. I noticed immediately because I was seemingly one of the few people who primarily used Pulse Rifles in the early period of the game before they were initially buffed in early 2015,(despite my constant attempts to shill them to you guys lol), so I remember how they were before, and they were much better than they are now, Red Death especially. Jesus they murdered that gun, from a Guardian Killer to a pea shooter.

Weapons in this game have been neutered to all all hell and it's made the game boring to play. PvP balance in this game was at it's most perfect in that period just before they introduced Felwinters into the game(what a fatal mistake) and it's been downhill since then.

Is anyone looking to run some trials to finish up bounties today? I just need to play 3 rounds. But willing to play a card if someone needs that, I'm flexible.

p.s.
space pants

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Has anyone had their Destiny disappear from their PS4?
Played with a friend yesterday, today his game was gone from his console. He needs to re-download the whole game.

You put a team of top players on the same level using snipers and another using blink shotguns I would bet money on the blink shotgun team. Especially with the current maps. I think overall year one maps were better for sniping.
Gonna play some iron banner in a few. All the weapon nerfing fucked up the weapon variety in destiny. In vanilla destiny you had way more options on the guns to use. Even green and blue weapons were good in pvp. Now most people use the same shit and a lot of guns are just useless, especially exotics. If you're going to nerf weapons at least keep your exotics, exotic.

aarcane

This is a bit of a long shot, but can two XB1 players join me for a quick game of Trials? I just need to complete one more match to finish the bounty for the gold tier package.

GT: danthehack

NeOak

Whenever I read the word werewolf I cringe because of the yiffing. Please don't make cringe due to yiff.

Top Bottom