• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I might be late to the party with this feeling, but is this not the worst IB so far as rewards go?

At this point most people bought arms the last few times and the Hand Cannon and MG were available during a recent IB and with better perks. And the drop rates still suck. First IB that I've had zero motivation to get to 5.

LTWood12

I might be late to the party with this feeling, but is this not the worst IB so far as rewards go?

At this point most people bought arms the last few times and the Hand Cannon and MG were available during a recent IB and with better perks. And the drop rates still suck. First IB that I've had zero motivation to get to 5.

Hand Cannon and Machine Gun have the exact same perks they had last time they were sold. But yes, reward wise a big disappointment. I did however get some auto-rifle reloader camelot gauntlets to drop on my hunter, so that was nice.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Hand Cannon and Machine Gun have the exact same perks they had last time they were sold. But yes, reward wise a big disappointment. I did however get some auto-rifle reloader camelot gauntlets to drop on my hunter, so that was nice.

I could have sworn they were different perks. o_O

Do we actually know if there is a full Camelot set or not?

I know I've seen Camelot Helm and Gloves, but I don't think I've seen boots or chest.

Did we really only get half a set here?

NeOak

I know I've seen Camelot Helm and Gloves, but I don't think I've seen boots or chest.

I've seen the chest and boots drop.

Obviously for the 0.25 KD guys.

ZeroCoin

I was really hoping for some armor for my titan in IB. Of course my hunter got a ton and titan got nothing. Wound up getting 4 hand cannons, a couple machine guns and a couple shotguns. At least the bounties made the shaxx weeklies a bit quicker this week.

chur

I don't think there is a full set. Just helmets, arms, and class items.

Kalamari

I wonder what the PvP population is now. I'd be amazed if it was more than 100,000+

I think that's why they don't have player population numbers in the game likethey did with Halo. They want to keep the population number secret from the general population, to keep people from calling the game dead. As if a player population number would stop them.

First time I skipped IB for the most part. I played a few games here or there but I'm rank 2.5 on 1 char and rank 1 on another. Feels good actually since the last 2-3 IB have been worthless rewards.

I really hope they focus on reworking their reward system because it really needs some love. I'd love to play more if the rewards were worthwhile.

--Like Rank 3 give me a BOX of goodies: a few strange coins and motes, and 5 legendary engrams and maybe a random IB gear or 2.
--Rank 5, give me a box of more legendary engrams, 1 exotic engram and 1 IB weapon or 2, maybe even some more coins/motes.

Give us a crap ton of stuff since more often than not the rolls on the stuff won't be to our liking but it keeps motivation and makes us feel like we're earning stuff.

Maybe that's just my opinion but I believe in it.

First time I skipped IB for the most part. I played a few games here or there but I'm rank 2.5 on 1 char and rank 1 on another. Feels good actually since the last 2-3 IB have been worthless rewards.

I really hope they focus on reworking their reward system because it really needs some love. I'd love to play more if the rewards were worthwhile

I've only ever done one character to rank 5 since TTK launched. Everything about it is pure trash

I've only ever done one character to rank 5 since TTK launched. Everything about it is pure trash

Yea I updated my post for some thoughts on reward system. I just want to feel rewarded but last 2-3 times I got 6 chars to rank 5 (3 on each system) and 5/6 rewards were always bad. I got 1 decent reward each time out of the 6.

stay gold

If they don't address crucible drop rates in this weeks stream, I just don't know what to say...

To think we're 7 months into year 2 and there's regular players that still haven't seen a Party Crasher or Ash Factory drop, never mind a god roll, it's bizarre.

WipedOut

If they don't address crucible drop rates in this weeks stream, I just don't know what to say...

To think we're 7 months into year 2 and there's regular players that still haven't seen a Party Crasher or Ash Factory drop, never mind a god roll, it's bizarre.
Haven't seen one of those

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Those things exist?

ocean

Banned
The only reason IB is fun is that it's easier to set up a Crucible Fireteam. The mode itself is meaningless because everybody is high light and light doesn't even matter anyways. And I doubt anyone who plays for loot or rewards is still around playing this game :p

X-Frame

Are the Light levels for Normal King's Fall going to be increased after the update to start at 300 and end at 310? (As opposed to 290 and 300 for Oryx now?)

Or are only the drops being increased?

Just want to make sure if my friends who are 290-295 should try Normal KF before or after the update.

deviant1

Crucible drop rates are crap across the board. I got my Hunter to IB Rank 5 yesterday and my Titan will reach that today when I turn in 2 weekly bounties. I managed to get a Finnalas Peril with a garbage roll and 3 chest armors as end of match rewards out of some 40+ games of IB.

They need to go back to HoW levels of drops and just rain down weapons on us, especially since we can't reforge the garbage rolls people will get in Year 2.

Kalamari

What's that?

I've been trying to get a party crasher this month, haven't dropped once. I've only seen two people get it the whole time.

My games early on in the IB week had more red-bars than later games— I had just assumed the player population increases toward the weekend.

Playing solo over the weekend was instead frustrating due to competency disparities between my group of randoms versus the enemies' (FFS, stop shooting at my heels when I head to B). Playing with even a small fire team makes it very easy to capture two points and then not flip spawns on the maps that don't feel like the points are in an equilateral triangle (where it just goes to shit without a bigger fireteam). Still, solo in control is less frustrating than Rift was.

Have had all four items and ghosts drop post game. Two decent LMGs and one HC drops (would be "god roll" except for what could be outlaw is underdog (etc)) along with a few garbage rolls of each. For rank 5 I got fantastic sniper rifle and shotguns (and some shitty boots). Probably my best IB haul yet (#5 for me).

Rewards still feel good to me, though of course I wouldn't complain if the post-game drop rate was increased.

Randomly, I really like getting to the point in IB when you start seeing different shaders and emblems. A flush of colour after the muted shit-brown pallet of the IB shaders on all 12 people.

LTWood12

I've literally never seen a Red Spectre drop.

Future of warlocks? Changes to crucible rewards? Hmm

UEdK1LP.jpg

I think out of all my hundreds of hours of year 2 pvp, I've only seen 2 PC +1 drop, both with horrible rolls.

That's why I believe we need bundles of legendary engrams as rewards for events.

Also, I know Bungie won't straight up copy Division but I like their reroll system. Choose 1 perk to reroll and you can only ever reroll that perk. It's a pretty good compromise, IMO.

So let's say you have a sniper with unflinching and no shortgaze. You can choose to reroll the scope and only this point forward you can only reroll the scope and each reroll costs more. It's hard to get all 3-4 perks to match exactly what you want but when you're only 1 off, it's a good compromise.

Daemul

Future of warlocks? Changes to crucible rewards? Hmm

Even though I have no interest in coming back to Destiny at this time(especially after last week, yeesh), I'm still going to tune in to the stream to watch the decimation of the Warlock class. It will be beautiful!

giphy.gif

Come on Bungie, neuter them!

Time for people who main warlocks to stop depending on their cheesiness.

Still no private matches is a bummer. It's ridiculous it's not an option in a multiplayer shooter in 2016.

Don't know why any Warlocks would be worried. Bungie loves Warlocks.

Anticipated changes:

- Melee range doubled
- Orb generated with every grenade thrown during Radiance
- Overshield on look
- Fists replaced with Thorns

No private matches, bah.

Glad to see "Rewards" show prominently displayed, but not sure what to expect for the rest.

Serious question, why do people want private/custom matches? What is the benefit?

In theory, you probably wouldn't get anything from it...no drops, no faction or crucible rep, bounties wouldn't count...

Is it just for tournaments and be able to easily play against other friends?

If custom matches offers no rewards like shaders, emblems, heck, even Strange Coins, I'm not sure I'd ever play it. I have zero desire to play against people I play with.

Yes, I do realize I am in the minority.

NeOak

Serious question, why do people want private/custom matches? What is the benefit?

In theory, you probably wouldn't get anything from it...no drops, no faction or crucible rep, bounties wouldn't count...

If custom matches offers no rewards like shaders, emblems, heck, even Strange Coins, I'm not sure I'd ever play it. I have zero desire to play against people I play with.

It would be mainly for tournaments, indeed.

So no, you're in the majority. Most won't bother with it.

WeTeHa

Don't know why any Warlocks would be worried. Bungie loves Warlocks.

Anticipated changes:

- Melee range doubled
- Orb generated with every grenade thrown during Radiance
- Overshield on look
- Fists replaced with Thorns

If that was an April 1st stream I would have loved stuff like this :D

Easily play with friends and practice.

I'm learning to shotgun. It'd be a blast to learn playing against you & Igor.

It'd also take Crucible science to the next level. For example, we could actually test range drop off of various guns. We could explore maps outside of the chaos of battle. Every week before Trials I would load into the map and run around. Practice jumping and movement, etc.

As far as rewards, go, well, Ape.

/me puts on salt mines hat:

All of year 2 you've played for no rewards like shaders, emblems or weapon drops.

I would love to go in and test guns at different ranges and perks to see the damages with range perks versus stability, etc. Also with Halo 5 Custom Matches, when you walk around it'll tell you the name of what you're standing on. This will help with universal callouts for certain places.

I wouldn't mind having DGAF tournaments or for fun scrims without the hassel of trying to match e/o.

Also, you can test fun game types. 9 rounds of elimination with NO HEAVY. 4v4 Clash, etc. New awesome gametypes can come from messing around with custom game type settings.

Tourneys and against friends is a big part of it. But not necessarily to be competitive, sometimes just to have fun goofing off or trying different guns etc. Personally I'd love private matches to be able to freely explore the maps and also to give PvP advice.

If I'm doing a Trials carry on Widow's Court it's basically impossible to explain the call outs, strategies and angles that I want them to understand. Since we're always in an active match they have to learn as we go which is hectic and confusing. It would help a lot if I could quickly load the map beforehand to give a clear demonstration.

Top Bottom