• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Hey Drizzay, what is the easiest way for me to 2 Man Skolas now? My friend wants to do it and he's 290 Light. Titan.

Should we use swords? I have all 3 exotic swords. Or ToM with Blessing of Light?

Sorry for the slow reply. Deku pretty much had you covered though. You're so over-leveled that you won't really need specific strats. Combining a tether and Weapons of Light would give some insane DPS with Black Spindle, or maybe Blessing with ToM. Honestly I haven't done Skolas since TTK dropped so I really don't know how much it's changed. I've just heard from people that run it how easy it is to kill everything nowadays.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
One thing I do notice that it's a lot less laggy than usual. Still searching for that perfect year two sniper.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
These people constantly leaving games should get penalized. I don't know why they even bother playing if they are going to leave.

These people constantly leaving games should get penalized. I don't know why they even bother playing if they are going to leave.

"Remember guardians to use the report system we have tucked away under the flaps of Osiris' dress! We swear it works!"

Alright, time to try again. Anybody interested in running some trials cards? Bounties? Mercury? Fun?

I think Twilight and me will try to do some runs for mercury newbies tomorrow evening (EST time zone) if you're still around then. Our schedules haven't lined up this weekend but hopefully tomorrow night syncs up and we can do a few cards.

Poor Krafty just lost his last carry attempt of the day to 3x Sunsingers and the salt was super real. This map is tough, as a fellow Blade I feel his pain. ;_; Hopefully tomorrow we'll have decent luck but the matches so far have been brutal.

Dthomp

I think Twilight and me will try to do some runs for mercury newbies tomorrow evening (EST time zone) if you're still around then. Our schedules haven't lined up this weekend but hopefully tomorrow night syncs up and we can do a few cards.

Poor Krafty just lost his last carry attempt of the day to 3x Sunsingers and the salt was super real. This map is tough, as a fellow Blade I feel his pain. ;_; Hopefully tomorrow we'll have decent luck but the matches so far have been brutal.

Sounds great. I am (CST time zone) so I'm an hour behind but open almost all the tim for stuff. PSN-Dthomp

maomaoIYP

Deku is this you? LOL
hDB549AC6

I would have agreed with in vanilla's first 3 months, but its a God tier map now compared to the shit show maps from ttk

I still have very fond memories of playing that map in the beta, rolling around in those indestructible Interceptors. I mean they had to nerf them but they sure were fun at the time.

My favorite map. Would you be down for a card tomorrow?

Only if you agree that Exodus Blue is actually your favorite map Kappa

Yeah for sure buddy. I should be around pretty much all evening. Especially if TG is up for it I'm down to run a bunch of cards.
...unless I start sucking and rage quit ;_;

Very fond.
ezgif-4603898858spx2.gif

lol that's a great gif. I still remember getting that sparrow kill medal once during the beta and laughing my ass off. Honestly I thought that was a really cool feature at the time, to whip out your ghost and start cruising around the map.

edit: "Never Speak of This Again" is the perfect name

ocean

Banned
Only if you agree that Exodus Blue is actually your favorite map Kappa

Yeah for sure buddy. I should be around pretty much all evening. Especially if TG is up for it I'm down to run a bunch of cards.
...unless I start sucking and rage quit ;_;
EB plays best in Elinination. But Anonaly has the dankest sight lines in the game, it just flows so beautifully.

EB plays best in Elinination. But Anonaly has the dankest sight lines in the game, it just flows so beautifully.

I just realized I called the map this week Anomaly when I meant to say Asylum. It's actually Asylum. Damn, I switch those all the time.

Yeah Anomaly is cool, it's Krafty's favorite Trials map. I'm pretty sure they'll bring it back, maybe after another 3-4 BShrine weeks. I like Asylum as a map but it doesn't play well in Trials at all, good Skirmish map though.

I just realized I called the map this week Anomaly when I meant to say Asylum. It's actually Asylum. Damn, I switch those all the time.

Yeah Anomaly is cool, it's Krafty's favorite Trials map. I'm pretty sure they'll bring it back, maybe after another 3-4 BShrine weeks. I like Asylum as a map but it doesn't play well in Trials at all, good Skirmish map though.

I was about to say, this week's map is not Anomaly 😑

Also if twilight plays i hope he streams, i wanna see how he plays this map.

Who do you guys normally keep track of when it comes to streaming? Also trying out TLW.

Some good streamers to watch:

1.) Krafty- Learn from his gameplay primarily. He doesn't communicate with his teammates much, doesn't give a lot of call-outs and doesn't explain his decision making very often. But you can learn a lot by paying attention to his positioning, how he sets up his angles to engage sniper lanes, how quickly he peaks and swipes the reticle when he knows someone's there, how frequently and aggressively he uses his Blade (doesn't sit on his super).

The recipe for his success is to get a few sniper picks early, use skip nades for area control to deny the revives, then follow up with TLW in close quarters. If things go well, he'll have his super by the third round so he rushes immediately and pops his blade to secure the fourth round. Now it's 4-0 and the other team is running scared.

He plays very aggressively unless his carries get picked off. Then he camps and tries to pull enemies through choke points to get a pick. He watches the sniper lanes and hopes an enemy challenges him or accidentally peaks their head out. If he gets a pick then he'll typically use that momentum to push up and deny the revive while watching the angle from where the other enemies would be coming to revive their teammate. Lots of stuff to learn but only if you pay attention to the details since he rarely spells things out.

2.) Giggle_Monster (streaming right now): Also does double carries, also as a sniping Blade Dancer. Slightly less skilled than Krafty but makes up for it with better teammwork and communication. Explains more about what plays he wants to make, where his teammates should go, etc. More discussion of his decision making basically. Has a background in competitive Halo so understands how to stay cool under pressure and make clutch plays.

3.) KJHovey: Does single carries as a sniping Nightstalker. Very easy going and friendly demeanor, explains things well, also has competitive history and the clutch gene.

4.) Gen-e-us: Speaking of Gene, he does double carries as a Blade Dancer similar to Krafty and Giggle. Probably has the best attitude and the most encouragement for his teammates out of any Destiny streamer. Gives a ton of explanations for what plays he's making and what plays his carries need to make. Where/when/why/how he's doing what he's doing. Has an amazing ability to keep his cool despite needing to do some serious heavy lifting during a lot of his double carries.

5.) IFrostBolt: Very skilled player, maybe the top streamer who mains a Titan since AEGabriel has mostly stopped streaming. Primarily does sweaty matches/tournaments with a full team but sometimes does double Trials carries as well.

6.) Luminosity: Top sweaty player who mains Nightstalker w/ shotgun. Also does Trials single carries sometimes. More of a chill place to hang if you enjoy the vibe, doesn't give much advice or explain much.

7.) WarBulletProof: Another top sweaty player who mains Sunsinger w/ sniper. One of the few top sweaty players who snipes. Similar to Luminosity, doesn't explain a lot and usually only plays with a full team so it's more about seeing how they give call outs and work together against other top teams.

8.) Nghtly: He was the king of Year 1 Trials before Krafty took over when Nghtly stopped streaming for 3-4 months. He's recently started daily streaming again, mains all three Warlock subclasses and one of the best snipers in Destiny. Does Trials single carries. Communicates well with his teammate but doesn't explain a ton to his carry since it usually isn't necessary. Similar to Gen-e-us, he has a remarkable ability to stay cool and very chill. Usually has relaxed electronic music playing, very low key easy vibe kinda place.

There are a bunch more but that should be plenty to get you started. Just try them out a bit and see whose personality clicks with you. Or try different streams to see how they play the different subclasses. The only things you won't see nowadays are Defender or (rarely) Sunbreaker Titans, and for whatever reason no top streamers main Gunslinger Hunter. Blade Dancer is very strong for Trials carries, while Warlocks and Nightstalkers are the meta in sweaties currently.

Who do you guys normally keep track of when it comes to streaming? Also trying out TLW.

Gothalion and Professor Broman are top tier http://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/emoticons/v1/25/1.0

A random selection from my follow list; Realkraftyy, Warbulletproof, Nightly, AEGabriel, Sirdemetriousyt, Giggle_Monster, Luminosity, Lnsanityy, Resolutegaming7, KJHovey

With TLW its all about mastering hip fire, do a few low-level story missions and use it. You can also ADS for the first shot release the left trigger and hip fire

Edit beaten by Drizzay and he has links and descriptions, rip

Deku Tree

One thing about the Division is that your home base changes every time you advance something in the game where it makes sense for the home base to change. The changes are small and if your not looking then you may not notice them. A crying man will stop crying and be happy, etc. But it is interesting all the same.

By comparison, I find it strange that the Queen of the reef was sent packing by Oryx at the start of TTK, but her guards are just standing there in front of the throne room of the reef as if nothing has changed. And the reef never changes. And the Tower only changes temporarily when we have a new collection of MTs that Bungie wants to sell us.

Morning DGAF! Chvrches was amazing last night. If you're a fan try and seem the live. Its worth it.

I think Drizz has you covered. The biggest take away from me has always been seeing how streamers move and (re)position themselves. Something that took me a while to learn is how to disenage from a fire fight I couldn't win. If you're at a disadvantage take your losses, run away, and come back at a different angle.

WipedOut

One thing about the Division is that your home base changes every time you advance something in the game where it makes sense for the home base to change. The changes are small and if your not looking then you may not notice them. A crying man will stop crying and be happy, etc. But it is interesting all the same.

By comparison, I find it strange that the Queen of the reef was sent packing by Oryx at the start of TTK, but her guards are just standing there in front of the throne room of the reef as if nothing has changed. And the reef never changes. And the Tower only changes temporarily when we have a new collection of MTs that Bungie wants to sell us.
One Thing I don't like is that the game forces you to play with people near the same level as you. So pretty much I'm screwed and have to run solo to catch up to everyone else or be carried, which is no fun at all.

Hmm that's a cool little detail. I guess technically the Tower vendors' idle dialogue changes based on some events, but yeah there's not much. Like after you killed Crota, when you grabbed an Eris bounty she would say "you killed Crota so this should be nothing for you" or w/e. Some new dialogue after you first kill Oryx as well. Probably some other small details I missed.

I always loved that about the Souls games, especially Demons and Dark 1. The way NPCs would show up back in the hub areas (Nexus, Firelink Shrine, Majula), their dialogue would change throughout the game, they'd respond to or interact (even kill) other NPCs that appeared in the hub. Lots of great detail there. Dark 1 was especially sophisticated with how NPCs would appear and disappear from Firelink, and you could find them out in the world again, as if they had their own lives and agendas happening instead of everything revolving around the player character.

Umm... yeah Destiny doesn't do that so much.

Top Bottom