• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

NeOak

I turned in all the IB bounties. It's annoying having 8 bounties for a month tbh.

It's not like they are hard to do IMO.

X-Frame

This Nightfall looks fun this week again. That's a couple fun weeks in a row, which is hard to do after they nerfed Nightfalls so much for the player and put in so many crappy skulls.

Matt Frost

Because its your destiny?

xD I was speaking of something else... but yeah, I know is my Destiny lol Will play the hell out of it on the 12th and beyond... need that Taken armor like yesterday... but right now the game is on sleep mode for me, like The Division... nothing to do... didn't even bother with this month's Lag Fest... er I mean Lag Banner... ups again... I mean Iron Lag... well I give up, and you get the point xD... played one game and I remembered all again... 300Mb Optic Fiber and Counter-Strike from 1999 feels better and has less LAG than Lagtiny... ups, I mean Destiny lol

Primary weapon gunplay in PvP is so downplayed right now. I get killed by special weapons far more often than primaries. I don't know what needs to be done but I'd like to see skilled primary gunplay be emphasized.

My most used weapon via destinytrialsreport.com on all 6 chars used to be hand cannon (rip tlw) and now I they're all sniper.

For Trials, have no special for the first 3 rounds
For control/Clash, for the first 2 minutes.

Something like that would probably help. This is of course assuming they patch IB /Invective /sidearm special glitches.

My most used weapon via destinytrialsreport.com on all 6 chars used to be hand cannon (rip tlw) and now I they're all sniper.

For Trials, have no special for the first 3 rounds
For control/Clash, for the first 2 minutes.

Something like that would probably help. This is of course assuming they patch IB /Invective /sidearm special glitches.

I am very curious to see how this game will play out if they continue to nerf special ammo. I was really feeling it last night in IB as a Defender Titan. That whole build relies heavily on shotgun ammo with NBP.

If they continue to push special ammo down I think we will see a rise in even more scouts and MIDA use.

I am very curious to see how this game will play out if they continue to nerf special ammo. I was really feeling it last night in IB as a Defender Titan. That whole build relies heavily on shotgun ammo with NBP.

If they continue to push special ammo down I think we will see a rise in even more scouts and MIDA use.

Defender is super fun in control! But in general very underrated. Suppressor grenades are awesome! I hate going against a good defender Titan haha

1 more day until we find out :X

FTFY

Lightswitch is still the worst ever
Hurgh. Dont even...

Thanks for the invites guys. Sorry i didn't reply on a timely manner. My oldest child was hogging the PS4 and Destiny.

If it wasn't for the fact i would loose all the factions reputation i would delete my Ttan and let him create is own.

WipedOut

Lightswitch is no longer a modifier in year 2.

Might make a comeback in the updated POE?

So yeah, grounded = arse.

You said ever which implies y1 and y2. Just stating that if we collectively pool y1 and y2, nothing can touch Lightswitch.

I'll take grounded over match game any day. That shit is just annoying and make me feel like I'm shooting paint ball guns at enemies.

Man, looking at stuff like this on Reddit:

GqMPa95.png

It's going to look really bad if they tout Iron Banner loot drop increases tomorrow as some sort of feature when it's clear it's been broken since TTK launched.

They really need to address bugs more so it comes off as them actually understanding they are bugs. Otherwise, it makes them look like assholes for wanting a cookie for doing the job they were supposed to do to begin with.

Axoman

Hey dude, sorry for disappearing!! Our streamer friend Eric was looking for help running a few cards so I was able to run with him for some sweet loot. Sorry again for leaving you hanging, hopefully you guys were able to find a third.

Understandable, play with two scrubs or a pro player, not a hard choice!

We just called it a night, didn't feel like finding someone from LFG.

I wonder if I have enough points from watching his stream that I can get a run with Eric.

It's going to look really bad if they tout Iron Banner loot drop increases tomorrow as some sort of feature when it's clear it's been broken since TTK launched.

They really need to address bugs more so it comes off as them actually understanding they are bugs. Otherwise, it makes them look like assholes for wanting a cookie for doing the job they were supposed to do to begin with.

Isn't 'Crucible drops increase' in generall always an update

I get they raise it .04% each time but they can stop saying that

WipedOut

I wonder if I have enough points from watching his stream that I can get a run with Eric.

Just message him man, and He's not a pro-player, it's RUERIC. He was part of the reset Raid group I used to raid with since VoG. Before he took a destiny sanity break for a couple months.

Why does Taken King have so many microtransactions? Why is armor for sale now?

CfR69KbXEAAuX2r.jpg

Sucks, but nothing's going to stop that train. People will buy this stuff. Heck, even I am guilty of it. At some point, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a "Unlock all new exotics in this update" pack. People would probably buy it.

LTWood12

Free upgrade to Windows 10

Yeah but I have to use Windows 7 and an outdated IE browser to run our management system and all the insurance companies' software. Our industry has to cater to the lowest common denominator, which is the 80 year old granpa in backwoods Missouri still using Windows XP & IE 6.

Axoman

Just message him man, and He's not a pro-player, it's RUERIC. He was part of the reset Raid group I used to raid with since VoG. Before he took a destiny sanity break for a couple months.

He's ranked ~#330 in Xbox trials!

I'll send him a message sometime, hopefully he'll say yes.

Is that bad? 15% of those games resulted in an IB-related drop.

I just ran the numbers based on what I didn't discard— so a lower bound of 8% drop rate, but I know I immediately sharded some stuff on two of my characters but I don't know how much. They have rates of 8% and 4%, while my Hunter, who was gear-starved, kept everything and apparently had a drop rate of 17%. This doesn't include any 310 IB ghosts because I have so many of the damn things I don't know which came from drops and which came from rank 5.

I think the drop rate would be fine if there was some mechanism for controlling/selecting perk selection on guns— maybe something like armsday or the limited re-roll proposed here a few times.

Why does Taken King have so many microtransactions? Why is armor for sale now?
[Game of war $550]

Holy shit. I guess that's why I see so many ads for that on YouTube.

haha yeah I just wanted to increase the odds of getting Homey some decent gear. Plus I wanted to return the favor since he'd been so helpful with Toy Machine's first flawless. Timing was just bad since he asked me for help right when I was about to link up with you guys :-/

And yeah, like Wiped said I wouldn't worry about the points. His stream is small plus he's just a nice dude. I'll be sure to put in a good word as well, shouldn't be a problem. Sounds like he's getting a PS4 soon-ish and it's always great to have skilled players around who're willing to help.
also he loves playing w lower ELO players since that's the only way to boost his own super high score :p

Homeboyd

haha yeah I just wanted to increase the odds of getting Homey some decent gear.
Did you end up playing on my hunter? Lol it's a MESS. I moved some of my pvp gear to that character, but um, I'm still rocking BLUE gloves, an unleveled raid helmet, and unleveled raid boots on him. If you make it to Mercury on that dude, you're a God. Plus I have 0 legendary pvp weapons.

FyreWulff

Yeah but I have to use Windows 7 and an outdated IE browser to run our management system and all the insurance companies' software. Our industry has to cater to the lowest common denominator, which is the 80 year old granpa in backwoods Missouri still using Windows XP & IE 6.

Microsoft provides a free VirtualPC install with 7 or XP in it so you can continue to use terrible IE on 8 and 10

Ahh I didn't consider work hahaha. I totally understand. I develop software for my insurance company, as well. Although most of it is for in-house customers (Actuaries) but we have so many ANCIENT systems.

Axoman

haha yeah I just wanted to increase the odds of getting Homey some decent gear. Plus I wanted to return the favor since he'd been so helpful with Toy Machine's first flawless. Timing was just bad since he asked me for help right when I was about to link up with you guys :-/

And yeah, like Wiped said I wouldn't worry about the points. His stream is small plus he's just a nice dude. I'll be sure to put in a good word as well, shouldn't be a problem. Sounds like he's getting a PS4 soon-ish and it's always great to have skilled players around who're willing to help.
also he loves playing w lower ELO players since that's the only way to boost his own super high score :p

No worries, there will be other chances I'm sure.

I was watching the stream last night and it seemed like every match for you guys was fairly tight.

Microsoft pushing hard to get everyone on to win10. I'm still on 7, not going to upgrade even though I've had the free upgrade sitting on my laptop for over a year. Fuck Win 10.

I love Windows 10, especially for multi monitor. I love how it displays the taskbar at the bottom of each window. SO SO nice.

But for work we're still stuck on Win7 and it sucks haha. Win 10 is actually pretty good

Now that I think about it, he did talk a lot of smack about Macello during our games so maybe "friend" is an exaggeration.... Kappa

Too funny about the PoE carries dude, those were the days. Repeating those first 5 rounds before Skolas every time felt like a flat circle. Those runs were really fun because I could carry super hard while the newbies still had opportunities to contribute and feel useful. I doubt I'll do any carries with the new activity though, it looks super short and easy.

PoE without Skolas is like a body with no heart. ;_;
Those runs were unfortunate. He actually does talk a lot of smack that he is as good as me, but four cards with you and Igor would be four trips to Mercury for us if I had been playing...

Square knew about Trials of Osiris before even Bungie
3I9H9XK.png

0UkJMYu.jpg

Got one even better! A GBA RPG called Golden Sun had... Wait for it...

A Mercury Lighthouse

Mercury Lighthouse is the Elemental Lighthouse of Mercury (Water), located in the wintry northern region of the continent of Angara. It is the first Lighthouse to be visited and explored in Golden Sun, and therefore the series as a whole. It is the first highly challenging and involved dungeon the player contends with.​

E92 M3

Got one even better! A GBA RPG called Golden Sun had... Wait for it...

A Mercury Lighthouse

Mercury Lighthouse is the Elemental Lighthouse of Mercury (Water), located in the wintry northern region of the continent of Angara. It is the first Lighthouse to be visited and explored in Golden Sun, and therefore the series as a whole. It is the first highly challenging and involved dungeon the player contends with.​

Yooo, that was a really good game! Damn, I used to play so many JRPGs...

^ Detectives of DGAF hahaha y'all are insane!

I miss when I had the time to play JRPGs up the wazoo. I say that as I have 1300+ hours of Destiny but you know

^ Detectives of DGAF hahaha y'all are insane!

I miss when I had the time to play JRPGs up the wazoo. I say that as I have 1300+ hours of Destiny but you know

Yeah, I get you very well X lol

All the best JRPGs are on handhelds now. LT can have his Vita. The 3DS is amazing.

I love Windows 10, especially for multi monitor. I love how it displays the taskbar at the bottom of each window. SO SO nice.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, lol!

Navy Bean

Hey dude, sorry for disappearing!! Our streamer friend Eric was looking for help running a few cards so I was able to run with him for some sweet loot. Sorry again for leaving you hanging, hopefully you guys were able to find a third.

Drizz, me and Axoman are still waiting in Orbit, just join when ready... I was feeling extra scrubby last night so I'm almost glad we didn't play lol.

The crucible reward patch can't come soon enough as I just got my 5th or 6th Ghost shell in a row from Shaxx's bounties.

What annoys me the most about it, is they've never acknowleged how broken it is (apart from when they lied about Iron Banner being "bugged")and tomorrow they'll announce it like they're doing us a favour

Navy Bean

The crucible reward patch can't come soon enough as I just got my 5th or 6th Ghost shell in a row from Shaxx's bounties.

What annoys me the most about it, is they've never acknowleged how broken it is (apart from when they lied about Iron Banner being "bugged")and tomorrow they'll announce it like they're doing us a favour

I just read that they're "upping" the faction rep received for activities. Is this true?

It still seems to be ridiculously low for some activities - such as upping to 60 faction rep per heroic strike. If my math is correct, it would take you 1000+ heroic strikes to go from faction level 0 to level 25 for the exotic mark. That's nutty.

Top Bottom