• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

FTFY

Lightswitch is still the worst ever

Lightswith with the burn of the enemy = fuckin bullshit, many times I died because a thrall with arc burn became a "one hit KO"

hopefully that shit never comes back....

also late to the party but Lord of Wolves getting a year two edition!!?!?!?! thank you bungie! THANK YOU!!!!!

Apparently, it happened a while ago. And also, sad that so many of Bungie's exotics continue to be:

Unlock a subclass perk node for free.​

Now that's a true power fantasy!

Eternal Warrior, looking at you.

WHEN BUNGIE THINKS POWER, THEY THINK 2 PERKS ON THE SAME TREE WHOOO

YEAH

NeOak

Looks like Massive is learning from Bungie
https://twitter.com/divisionforums/status/717394603826028544

edit: I bet someone's boss has 1656 rare crafting materials.

[–]The_Rick_149 / 9 [score hidden] 36 minutes ago
What's funny is Bungie's update on the same day finally reduces the grind in Destiny (100% infusion and guaranteed drop paths).
Will it take Massive over a year to learn from Bungie's missteps?

173.jpg

Looks like Massive is learning from Bungie
https://twitter.com/divisionforums/status/717394603826028544

edit: I bet someone's boss has 1656 rare crafting materials.

Ughhh... that change is SOOOOO lame. Not to mention dismantling an HE only yielding ONE HE mat versus 2. NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

But, finally use for DZ creds and normal credts, and rerolling HE only taking creds now is super awesome.

5 steps forward and 4 steps back :\

Trakan

WHEN BUNGIE THINKS POWER, THEY THINK 2 PERKS ON THE SAME TREE WHOOO

YEAH

I think it would be pretty good in very certain circumstances. Combining Black Hole and Blood Bound for more damage or ever Quiver to have 3 tethers that all have increased length/range would be pretty cool.

I'm all for more unique stuff though.

I think it would be pretty good in very certain circumstances. Combining Black Hole and Blood Bound for more damage or ever Quiver to have 3 tethers that all have increased length/range would be pretty cool.

I'm all for more unique stuff though.

I mean sure if they bothered to do that. I'd love to have the triple nova bomb and the persistent field perks together. BUT NOPE BUNGIE HATES FUN

It's like when grandmas go wild with 4 Bingo cards instead of 3 for the night

LET'S GO CRAZY SON

TODAY WE'LL ROAST TWO HOT DOGS AT ONCE INSTEAD OF ONE WHOOO

CfTEX5nWIAEJb3l.jpg:large

Hopefully that last sentence means they're putting some serious work into changing/removing garbage weapon perks.

hey wheres the pve sandbox chan-

hey why are you focusing on pvp, does that mean shotguns are going to get nerfed fur-

FUCK OFF BUNGIE.

They need to stop this whole PvP focus. 'HURRRR PERKS ARE TOO STRONG FOR PVP, REMOVE THEM COMPLETELY. HURRR GUNS ARE TOO STRONG FOR PVP, NERF THEM'.

Getting sick of their shit. PvP is fun and all, but PvE is where it's at.

edit-And balancing for pvp should stop affecting PvE balance. Like fuck off. I don't care if little tommy keeps dying to the thorn or my shotgun, little tommy should stop being a loser.

Breezy bitching 24h before we actually get the info he is whining about.

Post that after the stream.

Hey man

Shotguns have been in a shit spot since TTK

That's a fact

Knowing Bungie, they won't buff them because 'muh pvp' is all they care about, despite pvp being absolute trash because they can't balance for shit. So I'm setting my expectations even lower for tomorrow by preemptively complaining

Axoman

Is that bad? 15% of those games resulted in an IB-related drop.

Yes, I'd say so. That is about 1 drop every 6-7 games. Which means less than 1 drop an hour if you figure the average Control match is about 10-12 minutes.

Hey man

That's a fact

Knowing Bungie, they won't buff them because 'muh pvp' is all they care about, despite pvp being absolute trash because they can't balance for shit. So I'm setting my expectations even lower for tomorrow by preemptively complaining

They can buff shotgun PvE damage without effecting PvP.

NeOak

Hey man

That's a fact

Knowing Bungie, they won't buff them because 'muh pvp' is all they care about, despite pvp being absolute trash because they can't balance for shit

Oh, I'm not denying that. I'm still bitter about Shot Package being removed and losing my Matador 64, as well as the 1 Thousand Free-Headshots Stare.

But wait until we get the info first. No point in whining now until we get the facts.

Oh, I'm not denying that. I'm still bitter about Shot Package being removed and losing my Matador 64, as well as the 1 Thousand Free-Headshots Stare.

But wait until we get the info first. No point in whining now until we get the facts.

The only thing that would get me excited is if they split the PvP and PvE balance(Finally).

But I know that's much too complicated for Bungie, so I'm letting out all my rage now so I can focus on what they actually say and then rage at that without rambling.

friday

As far as improving destiny, I would like to see some singleplayer mechanics that resemble raid mechanics. I did Kingsfall for the first time last weekend and it felt like a completely different game to solo and strike play.

PVP wise, I am pretty disappointed by the map design of Destiny. I played a lot of Halo 1 and 2 back in the xbox days and I feel like both of those games had much better map design. Also, the movement in PVP can feel so chaotic at times that the people who can exploit it to their advantage just outplay me so hard that it's frustrating. That's more of a me being bad with controllers thing though.

Fuck this game would rule with a mouse and keyboard.

They can buff shotgun PvE damage without effecting PvP.

That's not the problem right now. The issue is that they nerfed the effective range of shotgun, and in heroic strikes or nightfalls, where before it was doable using a shotgun, now is suicide trying to get that close to enemies, because you die in 3-4 hits no matter what light level you are.

Especially in Nightfall, it's even worse.

Damage isn't the problem. It's the range nerfs, which shouldn't have been touched for PvE.

LTWood12

That's not the problem right now. The issue is that they nerfed the effective range of shotgun, and in heroic strikes or nightfalls, where before it was doable using a shotgun, now is suicide trying to get that close to enemies, because you die in 3-4 hits no matter what light level you are.

Especially in Nightfall, it's even worse.

Damage isn't the problem. It's the range nerfs, which shouldn't have been touched for PvE.

Damage is definitely the problem Breezy.

edit: in PvE

Top Bottom