• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

todd360

You storm lock nerfers can gtfo mmkay.

Someone here has to defend warlock kind.

The range is totally acceptable. Totes acceptable.

You storm lock nerfers can gtfo mmkay.

Someone here has to defend warlock kind.

The range is totally acceptable. Totes acceptable.

they came for titans first

now it's warlocks

next is hunters

no class is safe

everything must be homogenous

no more unique identifiers for classes

guns must all perform the same

aim assist must be at max for sniper rifles

shotguns don't extend past your elbow

The Destiny Way ™

Dez_

I don't see it either. Every class has a major annoyance to another. Should Charge in general, and Fist of Havok having an eight mile radius seem dumb to me. Same with the Shadestep glitch/Shadestep in general nonsense, or that a tether can completely shut down a Warlock is always fun :/
True, though I have to admit, I pretty much save my supers to use when people crowd around the heavy ammo, or to counteract other supers... which just happens to be a storm caller most of the time.

If there's anything I'd like to see nerfed, it's sniper rifles.

Well that explains a lot. And here I thought that was just lag, though I'd like to use gunslinger's throwing knife in the same kind of way.

^^^^^^^^^
You gotta aim knives!

now it's warlocks

next is hunters

no class is safe

The Destiny Way ™

Petition to have Breezy's GAF name match his PSN login:

CannedHeat​

todd360

now it's warlocks

next is hunters

no class is safe

The Destiny Way ™

We must all be the same. Only then can we be the same.

now it's warlocks

next is hunters

no class is safe

The Destiny Way ™
Perfection.gif

NEVER

That name was taken when I signed up. And I prefer breezylimbo anyways, it's not a jamiroquai song.

My bad. You're just all 🔥🔥🔥 lately.

In other news, did Colonel join Miitomo?
XKdseBw.png

Frenden

Banned
Feeling pretty good about voidwalker being my best kd/best class (even more than bladedancer or gunslinger, surprisingly). I doubt they'll see big nerfs.

So I've been playing this and not really sure how what works or what is what.

I hit 40 on my Titan. Played through all the base story missions... I think. What should I be getting up to now exactly to find some "cool guns and armor" ect.

Don't play enough pvp to be good at it (or particularly care about it) but enjoy the story missions dispute not getting paired with anyone 99% of the time.

Dthomp

WooHoo!

Got my Platinum Trophy for Destiny today, and am currently hovering around 70% for Shindig in the Crucible (god this sucks) but I am liking The Last Word much more in 3 on 3 then 5 on 5

You know what would be the best thing ever added to Destiny?

Dramatic charge Lord of the Rings style to a hoard of enemies with the boss behind them. Badass music blasting in the background. NPC Guardians added for an army.

Deep inside you know you want all of this.
https://youtu.be/sMCXrlxkhx0
https://youtu.be/8Tgi-j56ueU
https://youtu.be/ApUu1DA5HCs well more of a badass speech. Vanguard leaders plz
https://youtu.be/4d61BIwNal8

Just a huge open field, you and 5 other guardians mowing down hundreds of enemies. Would be tight~

kind of like the missions for the subclasses where you get infinite supers and a shit ton of enemies to blow up. YOU KNOW HOW FUN THAT WOULD BE WITH 6 PEOPLE AND MORE ENEMIES.. 10/10 would play again

Vex time gate + Battle for Twilight Gap=$$$$$$
Why won't you take my money Bungie why?

kind of like the missions for the subclasses where you get infinite supers and a shit ton of enemies to blow up. YOU KNOW HOW FUN THAT WOULD BE WITH 6 PEOPLE AND MORE ENEMIES.. 10/10 would play again

Vex time gate + Battle for Twilight Gap=$$$$$$
Why won't you take my money Bungie why?

Increasingly harder waves, mixing enemy types, light objectives, truly repeatable...Arena is a good start, but it could be better. Instead of an enclosed space, just a big open thing.

It's what I've always wanted.

Dthomp

Ok, so playing my Stormcaller in PVP...Is there a single super that ours doesn't lose out to? Arc Blade does me in before I can, FoH, Tether, Golden Gun, Nova Bomb?Hammer Bro?....but we are broken?

Today, I had fun, mostly.

I played some Dead Star with friends (super fun, free PS+ game this month)
Bloodborne (got a new checkpoint, always feels good)
Rocket League
Destiny PvP Daily (6v6 control, not that fun. I miss year 1 pvp sooooo much. I know it helps playing with people but I used to have a lot of fun in solo PvP before :/)

Ok, so playing my Stormcaller in PVP...Is there a single super that ours doesn't lose out to? Arc Blade does me in before I can, FoH, Tether, Golden Gun, Nova Bomb?Hammer Bro?....but we are broken?

The thing lasts way too long. That's pretty much the only complaint and what needs to be nerfed. It needs less roam time and there needs to be a penalty for just holding down R2 indiscriminately. That said it can beat other supers if you're crafty enough. Make use of the blink to evade and just know that it's not super quick to kill unlike the other supers.

Edit: I've been playing dead star too Xplicit. I'm surprised as to how much I've enjoyed it. It's pretty solid.

Dthomp

The thing lasts way too long. That's pretty much the only complaint and what needs to be nerfed. It needs less roam time and there needs to be a penalty for just holding down R2 indiscriminately. That said it can beat other supers if you're crafty enough. Make use of the blink to evade and just know that it's not super quick to kill unlike the other supers.

My frustration is beginning to sink in tonight, I had that quest up to 80% and am now down to 70 because I keep getting teamed up with terrible teammates who die and put me in 3-1 beatdowns. Salvage was working so well to get my % up and am just getting supered to death even during my Stormtrance. Like I said, length doesn't matter if you die right away

Edit: I've been playing dead star too Xplicit. I'm surprised as to how much I've enjoyed it. It's pretty solid.

Haha same with me. Once I finally found a ship I enjoyed, it became really fun. I use the ship that leaves the trail, so funny! I need more mats to augment it.

inthrall

Got one even better! A GBA RPG called Golden Sun had... Wait for it...

A Mercury Lighthouse

Mercury Lighthouse is the Elemental Lighthouse of Mercury (Water), located in the wintry northern region of the continent of Angara. It is the first Lighthouse to be visited and explored in Golden Sun, and therefore the series as a whole. It is the first highly challenging and involved dungeon the player contends with.​

Oh man, I need to replay this sometime. Such a good game

My frustration is beginning to sink in tonight, I had that quest up to 80% and am now down to 70 because I keep getting teamed up with terrible teammates who die and put me in 3-1 beatdowns. Salvage was working so well to get my % up and am just getting supered to death even during my Stormtrance. Like I said, length doesn't matter if you die right away

Try matchmaking in a Y1 3v3 or Y1 ffa playlist as the competition isn't as stiff there usually. Did they end up changing the requirements for that quest to make it more reasonable or did I dream that?

Dthomp

Try matchmaking in a Y1 3v3 or Y1 ffa playlist as the competition isn't as stiff there usually. Did they end up changing the requirements for that quest to make it more reasonable or did I dream that?

It's still pretty shitty, not sure the exact but I lose 2% per death, and I think about the same for a kill, 3% for a head? Just keep getting such big wide open maps so I either lose ground to Mida/1YS or switch guns defeating the purpose

Haha same with me. Once I finally found a ship I enjoyed, it became really fun. I use the ship that leaves the trail, so funny! I need more mats to augment it.

I really like the stalker. The orb thing attack seems strong.

It's still pretty shitty, not sure the exact but I lose 2% per death, and I think about the same for a kill, 3% for a head? Just keep getting such big wide open maps so I either lose ground to Mida/1YS or switch guns defeating the purpose

Yeah that's not much of an improvement. Definitely have to know when to put it away so you don't go backwards. My only other advice would be take 2 people into classic rumble with you and farm kills off of them. Aside from that it just takes patience and practice. You'll get there eventually.

This is it, the day my Destiny career hangs in the balance. I can take being forced to use a certain kind of gun but I'm not being forced to play one kind of class

Dthomp

Alright I'm back down to this Last Word Quest is all sorts of stupid. Was up to 80, now back down to 60 and the people playing are getting sweatier by the match

I am pretty hyped about this stream tomorrow. Deatiny pvp is what keeps bringing me back to this game.

Please Bungie don't let me down. Keep me away from that level 90 DZ grind I will have to do if you disappoint.

Top Bottom