• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Nothus

Alright I'm back down to this Last Word Quest is all sorts of stupid. Was up to 80, now back down to 60 and the people playing are getting sweatier by the match

Is that part of the chaperone quest?
There's an easy way to do it. Just make sure you only have TLW equipped when you pick up heavy ammo, any other time just use a primary you are comfortable with.
Equip an LMG, grab heavy, equip TLW, kill people with the LMG. Job done. The kills don't need to be TLW kills.

stay gold

Ok, so playing my Stormcaller in PVP...Is there a single super that ours doesn't lose out to? Arc Blade does me in before I can, FoH, Tether, Golden Gun, Nova Bomb?Hammer Bro?....but we are broken?

Do you use Ionic Blink? When you get the timing down you're practically untouchable.

Do you use Ionic Blink? When you get the timing down you're practically untouchable.

Can confirm, once you get it down its OP especially if you run pulsewave. I've managed to dodge 3 GG shots and kill them before

How many hours?

Just an hr
Design Lead Lars Bakken will deliver a tactical brief on the new state of the Crucible. Designer Grant Mackay will share his plans for the Warlocks among us, with information on changes both large and small. And, Senior Designer Jon Weisnewski will take us back to the gunsmith's workbench to share some insights on how the arsenal is about to evolve again.

T-0800

Can confirm, once you get it down its OP especially if you run pulsewave. I've managed to dodge 3 GG shots and kill them before

Just an hr
Design Lead Lars Bakken will deliver a tactical brief on the new state of the Crucible. Designer Grant Mackay will share his plans for the Warlocks among us, with information on changes both large and small. And, Senior Designer Jon Weisnewski will take us back to the gunsmith's workbench to share some insights on how the arsenal is about to evolve again.

Thanks. Do you have a link?

SgtCobra

DIS-47 - SPO-28 | Perfect Balance | Full Auto | Hand Laid Stock... There's your god roll.
Thesan rolls seem pretty good.

PDX-45 with Hammer Forged, Counterbalance, Rifled Barrel.

Doesn't have the SLO-19 or SPO-28 sights though....
Are these sights really that important?

SgtCobra

Probably not to everyone, but for me SPO-26 is too obstructive and SLO-12 just looks weird, I hate it.

19 & 28 are both really clean, with 28 adding AA too.
Ah okay, totally fair.
I've seen other people say the same thing as you, I can work with SLO-12 (which I think is better suited for scouts anyway) but I indeed would've preferred the 19 version.

I can only give as advice to other people that they should decide if waiting for what could be months is worth it just for the possibility of getting the exactly same roll with the scopes they like.

Lnkn52

Living the dream

3xeI7uM.jpg

Jinjo

Just an hr

Warlock sunsinger and stormtrance super nerfs incoming, thank god. Voidwalker buffs pls.

Lnkn52

What's the framerate and latency like?

It's a shame MS limits the similar thing on XBox One to Windows 10. I know how I, a Mac user, ended up on the XBox side of the fence, but I still sometimes feel punished for it.

I remote play from 40 miles away. I also have a PsVitaTv, and my initial experience compared to that paper weight (vita tv), it's alot smoother.

There is some lag input (ofcourse because of distance for my case) and the image quality is soft but I can finally set it to High Quality and High Frame rate and have no issues playing. And I can finally play Resogun which I was not able to do before.

Warlock sunsinger and stormtrance super nerfs incoming, thank god. Voidwalker buffs pls.

I agree transcendence needs to go and thunderstrike reigning in a bit but, I won't be impressed if the normal super gets a huge nerf. Voidwalker definetely need a bit of loving. Sunsingers are going to get destroyed because of all the crybabies.

As long as one subclass stays viable I can live with it, as they can get to fuck if they think I'm switching to Hunter or Titan to have fun. I do that at a time of my choosing

X-Frame

I agree transcendence needs to go and thunderstrike reigning in a bit but, I won't be impressed if the normal super gets a huge nerf. Voidwalker definetely need a bit of loving. Sunsingers are going to get destroyed because of all the crybabies.

As long as one subclass stays viable I can live with it, as they can get to fuck if they think I'm switching to Hunter or Titan to have fun. I do that at a time of my choosing

There are a couple lackluster perks on the Stormcaller skill tree as well.

Superconductor bypasses the limitation of only being able to hit a maximum of 4 enemies at once. I suppose this is the best PvE choice because the chances of there being 5-6 enemies clumped together at once in PvP is pretty low. Even if that was the case, they die so fast that it doesn't matter, and even in PvE it would be situational. Superconductor does not extend the range of the Lightning either.

Rising Storm must be bugged because I believe it says "Hits with Thunderstrike charge your Super, Grenade, and Melee energy" but someone on Reddit tested and confirmed each Thunderstrike hit literally shaved off only 1 second on each of them. So it takes a 4:00 Super to 3:59. That has to be a bug, it's literally worthless.

stay gold

Thunderstrike doesn't need touching imo as long as the grenade options remain comfortably the worst in the game. If they want to undo the unnecessary Arc-Bolt nerf however...

Thunderstrike doesn't need touching imo as long as the grenade options remain comfortably the worst in the game. If they want to undo the unnecessary Arc-Bolt nerf however...

Storm Grenades are awesome and really good. They're kind of the fusion rifles of grenades. I've gotten lots of Triple kills with them. People tend to prefer the set it and forget it grenades like firebolt with Sunsngers. Storm grenades are more case by case and require a bit more planning. I run with them in trials when I just my Stormcaller.

Storm Grenades are awesome and really good. They're kind of the fusion rifles of grenades. I've gotten lots of Triple kills with them. People tend to prefer the set it and forget it grenades like firebolt with Sunsngers. Storm grenades are more case by case and require a bit more planning. I run with them in trials when I just my Stormcaller.

I personally don't care much for any of the Taken King grenades. They all feel way to situational, and seem to favor PvE scenarios.

Not that they can't be used in PvP. I just feel like I can do a lot more damage with other grenades in PvP.

Remote play is megaton!!

Now if I can build a robot to replace my discs when needed....

Silly me for buying destiny and Bloodborne in physical form.

"here's how you lag more and gain more of an advantage in PvP... "

WeTeHa

Man, I hope the stream today is good. Less useless blah please and more focus on the things that matter.

Don't just nerf everything, I'd rather see some buffs.

stay gold

I've never been able to get any consistency with them in PVP. I feel like if I could throw the same grenade twice, one would kill outright and one would deal 7 damage. Probably using them wrong lol.

Btw, do we know exactly how the new PoE 41 will work? Im sure they said we could play it and get rewards as many times as we want, so does this mean we can farm the new PoE weapons in it?

I know salt is fun and all, but the sandbox team is a different team than the weapons team. They got things pretty good at the first try and seem to favor a light approach.

The Titan balancing is evidence of this. Strikers got nice boosts to be competitive, Defenders got a small buff and Sunbreaker's super got reigned in. And then all three had Catapult buffed and Melee range increased.

These were all minimum needed changes. Sunbreakers had a weak neutral game, but didn't have any changes when their super were buffed. Defenders were left in the K/D basement because we're apparently "only meant to support", Melee range gained a meager 0.5m. Catapult buffed, but not enough to change the meta.

Stormlocks are the only thing that really need to be reigned in and that's all I expect. Sunbros will get some tweaks, but nothing dramatic. Voidwalkers I bet will come up, probably in a way that Strikers did. And then there will be a melee change, I'm sure.

Bungie in my eyes, needs to reboot all the subclasses since too many nodes are entirely unused, but they seem content to make small safe changes mid-year. Maybe this fall we'll get some real changes.

NeOak

DIS-47 - SPO-28 | Perfect Balance | Full Auto | Hand Laid Stock... There's your god roll.

That's a good roll. But I'd argue that for PvE, the max range roll that was available during one of the first few weeks is more useful, and it is stable enough to shoot at the same spot with the turbo from the Hori.

No need for Full Auto with that controller lol

But if you want great stability, you can't go wrong with this one.

LTWood12

So the PDX w/ Hammer Forged, Counterbalance, & Rifled Barrel. Worth using my last PDX-45 package on? Better than Perfect Balance, Hidden Hand, and Rifled Barrel?

NeOak

So the PDX w/ Hammer Forged, Counterbalance, & Rifled Barrel. Worth using my last PDX-45 package on? Better than Perfect Balance, Hidden Hand, and Rifled Barrel?
Depends. Would you prefer a more vertical recoil?

HH may be more useful for PvP if you have no problem managing the recoil.

Frenden

Banned
That's a good roll. But I'd argue that for PvE, the max range roll that was available during one of the first few weeks is more useful, and it is stable enough to shoot at the same spot with the turbo from the Hori.

No need for Full Auto with that controller lol

But if you want great stability, you can't go wrong with this one.

Full auto on the Hori feels like cheating. I have two Hori that I love for the stick quality, but I ain't gonna use rapid fire buttons like this is some Sega Genesis Mortal Kombat mini-game might-test when I was twelve years old.

Sounds like the one I use. I have Perfect Balance, Counter Balance, and Rifled. I've noticed the range fall of a bit more than my Hawksaw, but I've been appreciating the tighter cluster from the PDX

NeOak

Full auto on the Hori feels like cheating. I have two Hori that I love for the stick quality, but I ain't gonna use rapid fire buttons like this is some Sega Genesis Mortal Kombat mini-game might-test when I was twelve years old.
It isn't perfect. High RoF stuff like ARs and HMGs aren't that useful with it. They end up like the SUROS but without the extra damage and recoil control goes down the wazoo for those.

Pulse Rifles straight up don't work, including the Sleeper Simulant.

And you still need good stability and managing the recoil becomes even more important with it.

I know what you're saying, but it isn't game breaking. No matter if I use turbo with the Nirwen's Mercy, the MIDA still wins for less than a second.

I'm out of Warlock nerf/buff talk until the hammer drops as my blood pressure's rising just thinking about it :d

The Hori pretty much is cheating esp with guns like the grasp, hawksaw etc..

Top Bottom