• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

I know salt is fun and all, but the sandbox team is a different team than the weapons team. They got things pretty good at the first try and seem to favor a light approach.

The Titan balancing is evidence of this. Strikers got nice boosts to be competitive, Defenders got a small buff and Sunbreaker's super got reigned in. And then all three had Catapult buffed and Melee range increased.

These were all minimum needed changes. Sunbreakers had a weak neutral game, but didn't have any changes when their super were buffed. Defenders were left in the K/D basement because we're apparently "only meant to support", Melee range gained a meager 0.5m. Catapult buffed, but not enough to change the meta.

Stormlocks are the only thing that really need to be reigned in and that's all I expect. Sunbros will get some tweaks, but nothing dramatic. Voidwalkers I bet will come up, probably in a way that Strikers did. And then there will be a melee change, I'm sure.

Bungie in my eyes, needs to reboot all the subclasses since too many nodes are entirely unused, but they seem content to make small safe changes mid-year. Maybe this fall we'll get some real changes.

I really wish we could turn the "Circle of Life" perk into a meme of some kind. I literally believe it is the worst perk in the game.

X-Frame

I know salt is fun and all, but the sandbox team is a different team than the weapons team. They got things pretty good at the first try and seem to favor a light approach.

The Titan balancing is evidence of this. Strikers got nice boosts to be competitive, Defenders got a small buff and Sunbreaker's super got reigned in. And then all three had Catapult buffed and Melee range increased.

These were all minimum needed changes. Sunbreakers had a weak neutral game, but didn't have any changes when their super were buffed. Defenders were left in the K/D basement because we're apparently "only meant to support", Melee range gained a meager 0.5m. Catapult buffed, but not enough to change the meta.

Stormlocks are the only thing that really need to be reigned in and that's all I expect. Sunbros will get some tweaks, but nothing dramatic. Voidwalkers I bet will come up, probably in a way that Strikers did. And then there will be a melee change, I'm sure.

Bungie in my eyes, needs to reboot all the subclasses since too many nodes are entirely unused, but they seem content to make small safe changes mid-year. Maybe this fall we'll get some real changes.

Are they different teams? I thought I recall from Sage's Titan class balance article that the reason they never touched subclasses in Year 1 was because they felt weapons were more pressing (Suros, Thorn, etc).

I really wish we could turn the "Circle of Life" perk into a meme of some kind. I literally believe it is the worst perk in the game.

It is laughable.

Why do Gunslingers have knives? Why do Bladedancers have Quickdraw?

Are they different teams? I thought I recall from Sage's Titan class balance article that the reason they never touched subclasses in Year 1 was because they felt weapons were more pressing (Suros, Thorn, etc).

I guess we're both right. From the balance notes:

Why did it take so long? Well to be honest, this is the first time that we have felt it was necessary. ...

Previously, the desire to make changes were overshadowed by some higher-priority things (like fixing Thorn or making new Sub-Classes and Exotics).​

LTWood12

Depends. Would you prefer a more vertical recoil?

HH may be more useful for PvP if you have no problem managing the recoil.

Sounds like the one I use. I have Perfect Balance, Counter Balance, and Rifled. I've noticed the range fall of a bit more than my Hawksaw, but I've been appreciating the tighter cluster from the PDX

Everyone seems to have a hard-on for Counterbalance on the PDX, so I'll give it a shot. Ape your roll is THE godroll.

Everyone seems to have a hard-on for Counterbalance on the PDX, so I'll give it a shot. Ape your roll is THE godroll.

Haha. Counter Balance is imo, one of the best perks you can get on a primary gun. Not having to right left and right recoil makes a huge difference.

My Hawksaw with Perfect, Rifled, and Full Auto hits at scout rifle distances, but the spread kicks to the left :(

My work's wifi won't allow me to use ps4 remote play with my laptop.

RIP THE FUCKING DREAM.

Although, there's still a tiny chance if I do the "manual" way of inputting the code / add device. MAYBE JUST MAYBE

2real4tv

My biggest issue with Warlocks are their auto aim melee and their op overshield, they seem to take no damage while it's happening.

Made a Bingo card for the stream today.

0ns3hhc.png

Edit: Bottom center square is supposed to say "Taken Sword"

Damn, just realised I'm going to be out during the stream. I need gaf commentary!

I'll probably make a post every 15-20 minutes recapping the major points like I did last time.

Speaking of cheating... Nightstalkering on Bumper Jumper sucks. Have to take off right thumb from analog to Circle/B for the double tap.

I want to program that to my Elite controller for Xb1 but I'd be screwed when playing on ps4

Made a Bingo card for the stream today.

Haha. Great stuff.

Don't forget my fav: Deej praises Dead Orbit & Warlocks.

Also, I'm glad I wasn't listed in there, so I'm glad I've been able to keep my salt to a lower profile lately.

I'll probably make a post every 15-20 minutes recapping the major points like I did last time.

This is great and helpful to those who can't watch the stream. Thanks.

Haha. Great stuff.

Don't forget my fav: Deej praises Dead Orbit & Warlocks.

Also, I'm glad I wasn't listed in there, so I'm glad I've been able to keep my salt to a lower profile lately.

This is great and helpful to those who can't watch the stream. Thanks.
Dont worry my salt is enough to carpet a mountain

Kalamari

I think these PDX and Dis-47 rolls are a sign of weapon nerfs to come. I think CB and Scouts will have a nerf in the patch. #RIPTruckerLaw

Trying to call my gf to help me setup the PS4 for remote play hahaha.

First of all, she has no idea how to use a PS4 so directing her through it will be fun.

2nd problem, she didn't pick up the phone. I NEED TO TEST THIS!!!!!

stay gold

Thanks Kor.

Hopes for tonight;

Primary buffs across the board.
Matador 64 added to crucible loot pool.
Crucible drop rate drastically increased
Old maps added back to 6v6 rotation
Don't kill warlocks :(

Not gonna happen but what the hell: Blink 'buff' so we can fire primaries in mid air.

You don't think the Taken sword looks cool? I like it, but I'm afraid it's going to just be a reskin of the existing legendary swords.

That's my point.

All legendary swords are exactly the same as far as function goes. Unless it has a unique perk (or even a different Legendary perk) then there is nothing to really show off about it.

They're just palate swaps.

I've seen Mass Effect endings with more variation.

Honestly, for Sandbox stuff, I'm not sure what could set you off.

Except for Buffing Snipers,

Or maybe neutering the subclasses so much that they go full Eunuch.

Thata why my salt expectations are low

If they:
Overnerf Warlocks
Nerf shotguns
Ignore Snipers
Do something unexpected

We'll see. Right now Im at the doctors to check my salt levels, so I might eben miss it 👺

My work's wifi won't let me connect even via manual register. RIP.

FINAL last attempt it actually doing the register at home first... but I doubt that'll work when I come to work.

Trakan

That's my point.

All legendary swords are exactly the same as far as function goes. Unless it has a unique perk (or even a different Legendary perk) then there is nothing to really show off about it.

They're just palate swaps.

I've seen Mass Effect endings with more variation.

The entire update for the most part is palate swaps, just surprised I didn't see you angry about the other stuff.

Mindlog

The only palette swap that bothers me is Obsidian Mind. I thought they were going to fix that. Obsidian Mind being an old model along with Voidlocks having their orb generation neutered is a bad combination.

Expect: More Nothing Manacle Nerfs, Voidfang Vestments changed to short grenade recharge rate boost after death and whatnots.

The entire update for the most part is palate swaps, just surprised I didn't see you angry about the other stuff.

How dare you suggest that Chroma is just a palette swap. The twinkly bright lights will rain down from the heavens of truth and will keep us enthralled until Destiny 2. The majestic neon colors will provide the peace DGaf has been thirsting for. No one will debate about why the made changes to classes and we will all bow down before Deej. It will be glorious.
All I'm saying is glowing lights are stupid.

I'm not angry about the sword.

I just find it very boring.

Doubly so because Swords and Sidearms are incredibly boring by themselves to me. They're underutilized weapon classes that seem to be forever the "step child" when it comes to loot drops.

Sidearms came out in House of Wolves, yet there wasn't a Raid Sidearm... Why?

Swords were made to be a super unique item in the game, and while the exotics at least have some cool perks, all now 7 legendaries and complete carbon copies. They do nothing for me.

Personally, I think Sword's should be rebalanced to always be "out". None of this hilt business. Just don't let them glow unless you have ammo.

Also, make it so no ammo is regular damage, and ammo hits are "crit" hits with a 3X modifier.

So basically, a non ammo sword should do like 70 damage a swing.

Tangents, though...

Anyway, yeah boring. Swords are boring. Legendaries even more so. Until swords start getting unique pools for perks, you will never see me excited about a new sword.

So with new content and new updates incoming I need to jump back in after a month off. I figure I'll play enough to get to 200 marks, 25000 glimmer, etc. Anything else I need to do? I already have three 320 characters.

With the LL increases are the requirements for the Normal and Hard KF raid staying the same? In other words the difficulty isn't changing? If it is changing this seems weird considering the same was not done with VoG and CE.

I guess the true end-game will now be the updated PoE as far as rewards are concerned?

Top Bottom