• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Also drizz , when krafty actually comunicates with his carries and tries to set up plays or tell them to be super careful thats when you know he's facing a super sweaty team haha.

SoulClap

5.) IFrostBolt: Very skilled player, maybe the top streamer who mains a Titan since AEGabriel has mostly stopped streaming. Primarily does sweaty matches/tournaments with a full team but sometimes does double Trials carries as well.

https://www.twitch.tv/aegabriel

Gabe still streams on a semi-frequent basis (every few days). For my money he's still the most entertaining player to watch from a gameplay perspective because he plays so aggressively while parkouring around the map with his Titan.

https://www.twitch.tv/aegabriel

Gabe still streams on a semi-frequent basis (every few days). For my money he's still the most entertaining player to watch from a gameplay perspective because he plays so aggressively while parkouring around the map with his Titan.

Ah, for real? I must always be on Twitch at different times than him. I've been following him for awhile but never see him online when I get on there. That's cool, thanks for the heads up. He's still in a league of his own with Titan movement abilities, very fun to watch like you said.

stay gold

Regarding streamers it's good to find someone that plays your class/loadout. I like watching Poshy most for entertainment, but as a Sunsinger/Shotty main if im looking to pick up better habits etc i'll watch AstDroid.

Step 1: Get domed by a guy being Doctrine'd in the face 10,000 times

giphy.gif

Step 2: Revive shields and immunity should not exist but they're the only reason I survived. Slide behind cover then blink over enemy head for a lucky escape (dat health bar).

giphy.gif

Step 3: Enemies' fatal flaw: only two push me. Either all 3 should hang back to control orbs or all 3 push. Quick scope first, use cover and grenade (remember you throw left handed!) to get advantage on second for easy primary finish.

giphy.gif

Step 4: Last guy will be scared. Reload and recover health before challenging. Pre-fire Doctrine for suppression and engaging Persistence perk. When you have a health advantage on him, push hard to finish the fight.

giphy.gif

Without a super, these plays are only possible because of (1) broken revive mechanics, (2) lucky snipe to get the first pick, and (3) enemies choking with an uncoordinated push.

I know some people were saying Shadow Thief hasn't been a NF in Y2. Looks like it happened once, back in November. It's the only time it's been a NF in Y2. Why?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/43yx6q/nightfall_statistics/

Yeah I seem to recall it happening once after TTK, which is all the more perplexing as to why it hasn't been NF since then, and why I try to be vocal about it not being NF every week. Not sure if its absence can be chalked up to RNG or perhaps its another "bug" that has cropped up after they made other changes...or something. I'm sure they are aware of the issue but its probably towards the bottom of whatever list of fixes they have right now.

Everyone enjoy your Dust Palace nightfall tomorrow...again...

That feel when spoiler tags for images dont actually work on mobile gaf though.

That IB snapshot quickscope was dirty. But not as dirty as that dome by NLB when he had 1 health.

So yesterday was the first day I finally got a chest piece to drop over 310.

I haven't complained about it much on here, but for some reason I've been plagued since my very first Raid on King's Fall.

See, the very first raid I did, I got super lucky, and Golgoroth dropped a 310 Chest piece. This was awesome, and needed.

Later I would start getting exotics at 310 as well, but that was from engrams of course.

Anyway, As long as I've been doing hard mode, Golgoroth would never drop a HM chest. Plus, somehow I never got one to drop from all the Iron Banner games I've done. Even Trials had it out for me, as I got 2 chests to drop from there, but both were 310...

Yesterday, I finally broke that curse with a 314 chest from the raid. It's not a big improvement, but it finally happened, dammit.

One Thing I don't like is that the game forces you to play with people near the same level as you. So pretty much I'm screwed and have to run solo to catch up to everyone else or be carried, which is no fun at all.

Ha, yeah Ice hopped into one of my games (all of us were level 10 he's in the 20s). At first every enemy stayed the same level and we were able to help. Then all of a sudden every enemy jumped to his level and we couldn't do anything. They should at least keep the enemies within five levels so the lower level can do something in the game.

That's a nice thing about destiny, easy to help out new people without the new people just standing there doing nothing.

giphy.gif

Step 2: Revive shields and immunity should not exist but they're the only reason I survived. Slide behind cover then blink over enemy head for a lucky escape (dat health bar).

giphy.gif

Step 3: Enemies' fatal flaw: only two push me. Either all 3 should hang back to control orbs or all 3 push. Quick scope first, use cover and grenade (remember you throw left handed!) to get advantage on second for easy primary finish.

giphy.gif

Step 4: Last guy will be scared. Reload and recover health before challenging. Pre-fire Doctrine for suppression and engaging Persistence perk. When you have a health advantage on him, push hard to finish the fight.

giphy.gif

Without a super, these plays are only possible because of (1) broken revive mechanics, (2) lucky snipe to get the first pick, and (3) enemies choking with an uncoordinated push.
Or you have gotten Gud :)

GhaleonEB

Well, I can tell you why.

They took them out because they were too good, especially for using special ammo. They introduced swords to kind of make up for this, except they think heavy ammo is a better tradeoff for the damage output. If shotguns were to ever return to their former glory, nobody would use swords anymore. No need for one when you have a found verdict.

Two ghosts out of three NFs this week. Reduced drop rate, eh Bungie?

I think in an earlier OT people were conjecturing that they were nerfed to create a niche for swords.
Nerfing an entire class of weapons to make room for another just means that other class is the one that should have been adjusted, IMO.

I don't think there would be anything wrong with powerful shotguns and swords in the game at the same time. It sounds like a lot of fun, actually.

Shotguns are fine.
Fusion Rifles are almost interesting so I'm expecting another nerf soon.
I think shotguns are back to being awful in PvE - they nerfed the effective range in PvE as well so melee is almost always the better option. They were bad at launch and are what, now 10% higher? Never liked using fusion rifles either, and sidearms are still useless, so snipers are the only secondary weapon I use(d). I think that lack of variety is what contributed to my getting burned out. You can only MIDA and snipe so long.

The HoW era, with the powerful shotguns, was the most fun I had with Destiny, by a long shot. The stealth build I had going on my Hunter, paired with the shotguns, was a joy to play. TTK had great content but I feel the weapons and balancing efforts since then have made the game worse. Very uninteresting weapons and gear, coupled with so many nerfs, made the gameplay much less compelling.

Microsoft announces cross plat play between pc/xb1 and PSN. I'm envisioning Destiny 2 for Cross Plat play. That'd be pretty epic.

yeah, was thinking that same thing.

That would be huge.

I'm not sure how Destiny servers would handle that but yeah, that would be awesome for not only the players on 1 side but also for the players who have 6 characters hahaha. Only maintaining 3 again would be megaton for me.

Will I be able to play Destiny and the Division with my XBL and PC friends?

This would be the end result but the Devs must also support it, to go along with PSN needing to accept this to begin with.

Rocket League will be the first game to try it out, it seems.

AaronMT86

I've been thinking about how silly it is that I have been sitting on an Armsday Thesan FR4 package for over a month now waiting for decent perks. I want to use the weapon and I want to have fun using the weapon. I just don't think this system of depending on perks for usage in Crucible is worth it. I'm not sure what they could do to encourage less dependancy on perks and more on the base weapon and having fun. This to me is just another system broken with the game.

E92 M3

It will be a wonderful world when everyone in this thread doesn't have to question what the console is.

Great move MS.

Deku Tree

I'm not sure how Destiny servers would handle that but yeah, that would be awesome for not only the players on 1 side but also for the players who have 6 characters hahaha. Only maintaining 3 again would be megaton for me.

This would be the end result but the Devs must also support it, to go along with PSN needing to accept this to begin with.

Rocket League will be the first game to try it out, it seems.

PSN already allows cross play on FFIV between PC and PS4 a long time ago.

DS4 users gonna get Rekt by X1 controller users lol.

LTWood12

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

quoting for a future parody of this post starring yours truly

X-Frame

Nerfing an entire class of weapons to make room for another just means that other class is the one that should have been adjusted, IMO.

I don't think there would be anything wrong with powerful shotguns and swords in the game at the same time. It sounds like a lot of fun, actually.

I think shotguns are back to being awful in PvE - they nerfed the effective range in PvE as well so melee is almost always the better option. They were bad at launch and are what, now 10% higher? Never liked using fusion rifles either, and sidearms are still useless, so snipers are the only secondary weapon I use(d). I think that lack of variety is what contributed to my getting burned out. You can only MIDA and snipe so long.

The HoW era, with the powerful shotguns, was the most fun I had with Destiny, by a long shot. The stealth build I had going on my Hunter, paired with the shotguns, was a joy to play. TTK had great content but I feel the weapons and balancing efforts since then have made the game worse. Very uninteresting weapons and gear, coupled with so many nerfs, made the gameplay much less compelling.

I agree 100%. The great PvE shotgun buff is what brought me back to Destiny after I stopped playing for a couple months. I absolutely loved melee'ing and shotgunning enemies to death and the 2.0 nerf was way too much. Originally their anticipatory patch notes called for them to drop PvE damage by 20% which I thought was fine but when they went to 90% or whatever it was it basically undid their buff completely.

I just don't understand why Bungie can't push smaller updates and balance changes but at a much more frequent pace. Why do we have to wait 3+ months for issues to be addressed that were apparent literally on Day 1 of a major update?

Bungie always seems to reference internal play testing as their basis but usually that doesn't translate to the public. "Greg" or whoever from Bungie being awesome with Fusion rifles internally didn't mean anything. Maybe it was the same Greg who was considered a "surgeon" with hand cannons internally even after they destroyed them in 2.0 -- again that didn't translate to the public.

Bungie often make such drastic changes and almost always go overboard when they should have just slowly reduced/increased values over the course of time until a sweet spot is found.

Microsoft announces cross plat play between pc/xb1 and PSN. I'm envisioning Destiny 2 for Cross Plat play. That'd be pretty epic.

It would be a welcome addition. Widening the player pool would be clutch. Bungie is having enough problems with the game as is though and for some reason I'm worried cross platform would only cause them more issues. Most games and developers I wouldn't be too worried but Bungie and Destiny would have me worried as much as I'd love to see it happen.

It would be a welcome addition. Widening the player pool would be clutch. Bungie is having enough problems with the game as is though and for some reason I'm worried cross platform would only cause them more issues. Most games and developers I wouldn't be too worried but Bungie and Destiny would have me worried as much as I'd love to see it happen.

Really?

The way Destiny is built seems like it lends itself to cross platform play initially anyways. The entire game seems to pull from the server to our executable of choice.

Note that Bungie has shifted away from solid content as PSN exclusive stuff, and instead switched to gear and item drops.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was in prep for this new change. Because a flag on a loot table is much easier to manage, than having to split matchmaking for console specific maps (Echo Chamber and Sector 618).

Manp

The HoW era, with the powerful shotguns, was the most fun I had with Destiny, by a long shot. [...] TTK had great content but I feel the weapons and balancing efforts since then have made the game worse. Very uninteresting weapons and gear, coupled with so many nerfs, made the gameplay much less compelling.

this perfectly sums up Y2. and it's mostly stuff that could be seen like copule of days into TTK.

yet bungie kept going with their stupid idea of balancing the fun out of the game.

RNG of getting a drop on top of RNG for the roll on top of RNG on Light
Triple RNG on End Game is just a disaster.

If the drops were increased, then RNG for roll + light wouldn't be nearly as bad.

Well, I didn't bite on the Division. I watched hours and hours of streams, and and it just didn't click for me. Sooooooooooo

I spent the weekend taking my Warlock from lvl 25- 40 and his light up to 305.

Question because because its been so long. My Titian is 319 light!

At light 305 what do I spend my time doing?

WipedOut

Well, I didn't bite on the Division. I watched hours and hours of streams, and and it just didn't click for me. Sooooooooooo

IB, Trials and the Raid, Farm 3oC's for 310 exotics, decrypt on titan, use to infuse on warlock.

Also any armor you get on the titan from here on out, if it's not better than what you currently have use it as infusion material.

For 1, watching and play the division are 2 different things. Watching isn't nearly as fun, IMO.

2, you got your Titan to 319 light, so it's the same exact thing you do on your Warlock. If you want higher light, you raid HM, The challenge at the very least. Today is Oryx so it'll probably be super tough to find an oryx @ 305. But tomorrow is Warpriest and that should be super easy to join. A 320 artifact should be a nice bump. Then get your 320 + potential (310-320) gear drops on Golgy challenge next week for an even bigger jump.

phen0m24

There are a bunch more but that should be plenty to get you started. Just try them out a bit and see whose personality clicks with you. Or try different streams to see how they play the different subclasses. The only things you won't see nowadays are Defender or (rarely) Sunbreaker Titans, and for whatever reason no top streamers main Gunslinger Hunter. Blade Dancer is very strong for Trials carries, while Warlocks and Nightstalkers are the meta in sweaties currently.

TG there's your niche bro

I did the nightfall with Justin last night instead of Trials. Despite the sheer awfulness that is the WARSAT and super shank, eventually got a Maw helmet and 10 3oC. Justin got a pair of gauntlets or something.

Bungie why do NF rewards still suck

6 strikes until NM exotic whatever it is egads

Then back to the division

I've reached Division's End Game and it's exactly what I thought. Once you beat all the story missions, there are 3 dailies, which are 3 of those story missions that earn you the end game credit, like Legendary Marks. Nothing much else to do now except wait for new content. I can get the highest end drops but no purpose for them really ATM. I can turn into a casual now (until new content is released next month).

I'm down to run a card of Trials in about 2-3 hours.

Number45

I've reached Division's End Game and it's exactly what I thought. Once you beat all the story missions, there are 3 dailies, which are 3 of those story missions that earn you the end game credit, like Legendary Marks. Nothing much else to do now except wait for new content. I can get the highest end drops but no purpose for them really ATM. I can turn into a casual now (until new content is released next month).

Er, wow.

WipedOut

So basically 1 week and you're pretty much done for a month. Glad I'm taking my time.

Why, exactly, did anyone think it would be any different?

The new content is one raid.

Matt Frost

As for the Division... In the next update is one raid and a new gear system that is similar to the Light system of Destiny. As well as three DLCs in one year compared to one (yeah, still shocked, not used to this xD)... Also, leveling the Dark Zone to level 50 is also people tend to forget. And there are two daily Challenging missions (think of it as two Nightfalls per day with a guaranteed exotic) that take hours to complete. Also, two Hard dailies that are cakewalk in comparisson. There will be more end game content than Destiny as of now (Y1 was different)

Trakan

Really?

The way Destiny is built seems like it lends itself to cross platform play initially anyways. The entire game seems to pull from the server to our executable of choice.

Note that Bungie has shifted away from solid content as PSN exclusive stuff, and instead switched to gear and item drops.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was in prep for this new change. Because a flag on a loot table is much easier to manage, than having to split matchmaking for console specific maps (Echo Chamber and Sector 618).

It seems that way, but I don't know. Bungie couldn't even be bothered to add the PS exclusive maps into IB or strikes into PS NFs.

WipedOut

As for the Division... In the next update is one raid and a new gear system that is similar to the Light system of Destiny. As well as three DLCs in one year compared to one (yeah, still shocked, not used to this xD)... Also, leveling the Dark Zone to level 50 is also people tend to forget. And there are two daily Challenging missions (think of it as two Nightfalls per day with a guaranteed exotic) that take hours to complete. Also, two Hard dailies that are cakewalk in comparisson. There will be more end game content than Destiny as of now (Y1 was different)
Um, I believe that Destiny too had 3 DLC's in the span of a year.

And with all its faults, destiny is way more fun to play.

Division has matchmaking for everything.
This is a great thing in theory. In practice I've had to leave too many missions because it paired me up with a bunch of potatoes.

Top Bottom