• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Dthomp

Man, I was excited for this...not so much anymore. I've got 1 week to try to get from 60% to 100% before Last Word is dead

Dez_

your guardian is your guardian wherever you are.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'd rather they just say that their engine doesn't make it easy for them to make different balance changes like that. That's my guess as to why it's like that. Maybe Destiny 2.

NeOak

1KYS most popular weapon of Destiny ever.

Fuck that weapon.

ONLY LESS AMMO? LOLOLOL RIP CRUCIBLE

MIDA and 1KYS confirmed to stay top tier weapons.

Dthomp

I love the fix to all these super heavily used guns and non-balanced guns is removing a few bullets...Fuck off Bungie

DeviantBoi

I wonder how the sniper changes will affect the KF boss fights.

Less sniper ammo for the Warpriest and the longer zoom might affect the Golgoroth fight since he's so close.

Part 4

• Deej is trying to convince us that the balancing teams actually communicate with each other now. So one teams changes aren't undone by another.
  • Sidearms will not transfer special as well.
  • Total ammo amount for HMG and Shotguns reduced.
  • To offset PvE, you'll see more heavy ammo drops.
  • Deej asking why not PvP be a seperate thing.
  • Global philosophy says you should have the same toolset wherever you go in game.
  • Try to keep as much consistency as possible.
  • Encouraging muscle memory
  • Dreg's Promis
  • Projectiles track from ADS.
  • Telesto
  • Fixed a bug with friendly fire causing bolts to despawn.
  • Bolts can now be attached to friendlies to turn them into kamikazies.
  • 1KYS
  • Crazy popular weapon
  • Removing some reserve ammo
  • Previous sniper chnages apply
  • Quillem's
  • reduced ammo reserve
  • king's fall weapons
  • global increase to reload speed
  • Scout got a stability buff
  • REGIME seems to have solid range again.

Maybe more to come...

Mindlog

Raid HMG getting less ammo is a good thing. That stuff can last forever, even though I do like using it.
Why I used the Raid HMG.
1. Cocoon.
2. Infusing is stupid.

Hilarious:
Reducing Ammo because of PvP, but increasing drops. That doesn't work. 'Across the board' some PvE encounters emphasize high hit-point single targets and punish running out to get that ammo.

Would be nice:
Since synth packs do less they should get a price reduction.

embalm

I'm actually really digging these changes so far.

Doctrine & ArmD nerf.
Slow Autorifle buff.
Pulse Rifle buff.
Fusion Rifle buff.
Sniper nerf. (zoom increased across board, slower ADS, lower stability, and slower aim) Holy shit that's a lot of sniper nerfs.
Mida small nerf.
Suros Regime buff.
Hawkmoon buff.
Last Word damage nerf.
Thorn, big nerf. Fewer dots, less damage, and less green shit on your screen.
Telesto buff. Cool buff (attach orbs to ally and send them into enemy to explode)
1kys nerf. Reduced ammo capacity.

Lots of buffs alongside the nerfs.

A global nerf to Snipers and a global buff to Fusions is pretty big and should shake some things up.

WeTeHa

Wait... they're lowering the amount of special ammo you can carry in pvp AND pve overall AND they're lowering the amount of ammo you can carry for 1kys? Does that second nerf also apply to pve?

If so, fuck that. Fuck that hard.

Wait... they're lowering the amount of special ammo you can carry in pvp AND pve overall AND they're lowering the amount of ammo you can carry for 1kys? Does that second nerf also apply to pve?

If so, fuck that. Fuck that hard.

pve will always be the victim.

Theyre nerfing thorn, after they say "it doesnt get much use"? Fire all the idiots at Bungie. All of them. Every single one. Let Deej be the first [let go].

The 1k stare changes really baffle me. Reducing its ammo reserve doesn't change the fact that almost all the other year 2 sniper rifle alternatives are terrible, with either low aa, or the inability to revive snipe. That's what drives it's popularity; it's the only rifle that feels like the good year 1 choices.

Top Bottom